Think Out

Think Out Questions & Answers

cockatoo

"I apologise that your experience with us was not what you were hoping for, as we pride ourselves on customer service..." Sounds like a broken record to me. Thankyou everyone; I saved myself a couple of grand in new batteries for the golf cart and I "liked" so many times that ProductReview checked to see if I was a robot :-) Forget Consumer Affairs and ACCC - regulators only get up from sitting on their hands in order to run a mile from having to regulate anything; did the Banking Royal Commission actually change anything?

Malcolm R
Malcolm R

Cocatoo, The manager of Think Out does not know of the person who keeps leaving the comment on this forum. The disinterest and apathy by many organizations, both government and business is contributing to this ongoing fiasco, and inadvertently assisting Think Out to continue deceiving customers. The owner of this organization has had a long involvement with both NSW Fair Trading and NSW Courts yet, like Peter Foster (the 'tea' man from QLD), the penalties imposed are in no way a deterrent, as any penalties or fines are minimal compared to his income from the fraudulent practices carried out by him and his 'businesses'. The ATO is not interested in investigating the lack of tax invoices issued for his sales, but also seem to have no concern that there is a real possibility that the Australian taxpayer is being ripped of by his (more than possible) failure to pay GST to them on his sales. Consumer law, as it stands, is a 'paper tiger' and is designed to MAKE a seller provide for a return of a product for replacement or refund (on paper) with no provision of enforcement. Think Out (they are not the only ones carrying this deceit ) are fully aware of and rely on the (useless) consumer law provisions for, as they well know, any consumer recompense of shoddy products sold by these unscrupulous organizations, on most occasions require individual court (small claims) action, which most people choose not to carry out due the costs of such actions.
Anyway, if you are looking for a reputable battery supplier, I would recommend RENOLOGY Australia. Their prices are competitive and their product has a great reputation in the US.

cockatoo

Thanks for the tip Malcolm. Everybody gets a bit of negative feedback occasionally, but I for one wouldn't buy anything from anyone who didn't respond to it with some indication of sincerity.

Robertatsaenth
Robertatsaenth

Why is my review still pending nearly 5 days since my last upload of emails and proof of purchase

Russell

Sirius Force/Think Out have been doing this for well over a year from what I can see. Almost all reviews I can find for their three brands are 1 star. Every reviewer that was able to test the battery realised the truth.

They must be making a lot of money from this scam. Is there any way of stopping this?

Here is what I have found out:
- Sirius Force/Think Out buy the batteries in bulk from AliBaba.com suppliers in China.
- They ask the Chinese supplier to put LiFePo4 35AH in a 100AH battery case and pay about $100 per battery.
- They brand the batteries either Atomic3, Maverick or Optimum Ion.
- Then they false advertise the 35AH as 120AH or 100AH and sell them for $600 in Australia.
- The Australian companies selling REAL 100AH batteries for $1,000+ lose customers to a competitor that can get away with scamming their customers because the average person will never test to find the true AH.
- eBay or Catch are the only one who can take action against this seller but instead they help the scam seller by deleting bad reviews and the rare customer who realises it's a scam accepts their refund and stays silent.

I have to buy 10 of these for the company I work for so our product can work for as long as possible in a remote area. We have to be 100% sure they will work.

I found all of this out after spending 2 days on the internet reading everything I could, forums, reviews, contacting suppliers on Ali Baba. I asked a few trustworthy Australian battery sellers why they are selling the same 12V 100AH LiFePo4 for double or triple the price of Atomic3, Maverick or Optimum Ion. They all said the same, that they are false advertising, selling fake batteries, lying about AH, pretending 30AH is 100AH or even 300AH.

But no one seems to be doing anything to stop them?

Cris W.

I have contacted eBay and they are completely ok with him scamming . I have also contacted accc and consumer affairs and both say its not a real issue as not enough have complained . Ive also found him selling on gumtree and marketplace on Facebook . I have also been to his sydney warehouse and it is big . Thousands of stock . No in seems to care as he gives refunds and the batteries do work . Maybe you should but a dozen from him then strip them replace the lifepo4 with a small 2.5ah lead acid and return the lot .

Cris W.

And from what Im seeing he has been doing it for 5 years .

Russell

5 years?! Wow, a very successful scam. I'll try and do my bit to reveal it. In a few weeks time when my company will purchase the batteries, I am going to persuade them to also buy the 3 brands Atomic3, Maverick or Optimum Ion for testing, then get a refund when I have proved they are dodgy. I will make a YouTube video of me testing the AH, I'll write articles, blogs anything else I can thing off. Then I will send it to every review site, battery forum, honest battery seller, ACCC, eBay, tech news sites and ask them to look at the video, promote, spread awareness etc. Hopefully it will get enough views that the next time someone Google searches for Australian sellers of LiFePo4 batteries, the YouTube video or a website revealing the scam will show up on first page of Google search results. LiFePo4 batteries are only going to get more popular and I hate the thought of this scam company taking away business from legitimate sellers.

ricky f.
ricky f.

"Just power" and 12vlifepo4.com is also doing this.

Ian Turner
Ian Turner

I need to return 4@100ah Maverick batteries! They wouldn't even make anchors! Where do I return them to for a full refund?

Dave

Good luck my friend. He sells batteries that cant even run a light bulb with is a fact. i tried for a refund within a 1 week with receiving it and the owner will take you around in circles, this went on for 2 weeks going around in circles asking for a refund. Ebay couldn't help nor fair trading but best of luck.

james.poynton.75
james.poynton.75

If you are returning these for a free return, make sure you get a true acceptance of the return cost, because they will lead you into believing all is good, and then deny they accepted you cost quotation. They'll also say they were dirty and not as received, so then you pay the return. They did refund the price of the batteries though. If you have any, do a load test and measure the amps vs time to find out actually how much they hold. And do it as soon as possible after they arrive!!

mangajack
mangajack

My 200AH could not go the distance...5.5 hours on a electric outboard. Recharged and put a recording meter on it and ran again, total of 18.89AH delivered from the battery before the motor stalled.

Brett

Does anyone who has actualy bought batteries off thinkout think that the batteries are any good?

I struggle to believe the reveiws on this seller

Johno

Like I said in my review last year don't buy anything from them, they are lairs.

Hi these batteries are rubbish I bought 6x 155 amp hour Maverick

There weight was only 25kg each they should be at least 38kg

When tested they were only 15 amp hour batteries

They did refund me after they were contacted by Qld dept of fair trade

I still paid for the return freight that was $145.00

I would not trust any of those positve reveiws

Mr solar
Mr solar

Selling expensive batteries that don’t deliver, are under weight for their claimed rating and come with no certification or compliance labels or any specifications details of any kind should be stopped. Just don’t buy from them no matter how good the deal seems.

Dave M
Dave M

I haven't posted a review of these batteries, but if I had it would be very similar to all the others. I wish I'd read the reviews before I purchased a (supposedly) 170ah Maverick battery. It really is rubbish. It struggles to provide sufficient power for the 55 litre fridge in my van overnight. If I want to run a fan for a while on a hot night I have to turn the fridge off. Absolutely ludicrous and definitely not what you'd expect from a battery that is supposed to be 170ah. I think 35 ah would be closer to the mark.

Hieu N.
Hieu N.

Yes rubbish batteries. Lucky to power my 60L Engel fridge for more than 4 hrs before I have to disconnect it so I can still have enough power to run my lights.

dissatisfied

How is it are they an "eBay Top Rated Seller" if they are apparently so untrustworthy?

1Bitten2Shy
1Bitten2Shy

When people receive an item from Ebay, quite often they leave feedback without checking the item first. There is a time limit on leaving feedback, if no feedback has been left after a period of time, it expires and the existing seller feedback rating does not change.. Sometimes people leave positive feedback before checking an item. In my case the item arrived on time and looked in perfect condition but I wasn't able to test the electrical output of the item without other external components that I had not acquired yet. I left positive feedback as the item arrived on time and visually looked ok.. The unit then went into storage until I had purchased all the equipment needed to make the item functional but by the time I discovered the item was faulty, it was too late for Ebay or Paypal to step in due to time limits within the terms and conditions, even though the product was still within warranty I was unable to change my feedback on Ebay.

koolme
koolme

I have no i dear how their getting away with it must have friend working with ebay .seen at least a dozen negative feeds in the last two months and there all been wiped. I tried to contact ebay to find out why. surprise no reply but there far from a top seller

Johno

I wrote negative feedback for this mob and within 3 hours it was removed by ebay. All i said (Batteries were never sent). They were constantly ringing (6-8 times) asking why i left a negative feedback and i was trying to figure how they got my number in the first place.

Jeremy
Jeremy

Their products, look good and are of a high standard, yet very afordablec. Service is prompt and delivery is quick. Love the product received, so glad it was recommended to me by a friend. I have no problem in recommending them to all my mates.

Mike
Mike

Absolutely thrilled with our new power pack, Think out would have to be the the ultimate business. Wish more people were as passionate and professional about their goods & services. Ordered from think out kept up to date with shipping, tracking & final delivery. A totally positive experience. Will be passing on to friends and family without hesitation.

dissatisfied

@Jeremy and @Mike... Actual LOL. Good for you for trying to salvage your business "Think Out"'s extremely poor reputation. I hope it all works out for you, but here's a tip - don't sell items you don't have in stock, and don't lie to your customers. It's a simple equation, but one which will pay immense dividends in the future. Good luck. You'll need it. Seeding product review forums like this one with fake positive reviews won't help you if you are still left with a string of very vocal and very unsatisfied VERIFIED customers.

Fred
Fred

The service i received went above what i expected and any questions i had were answered promptly with knowledge and a sense of pride for there job/work which i find very rare these days, the staff are friendly and efficient and my Digital Inverter Generator with Remote & LCD is exactly what i needed,defiantly will shop and recommend

Anthony N
Anthony N

Ebay has a lot to answer in relation to there feedback and lack of flexabilty with there policies , was hoping that when Amazon started they would get a shakeup but Amazon no where as good as i expected . I tried several times to get Ebay to look at there feedback system and policies , but like talking to a brick wall . I buy a lot from Ebay and most items are good and sellers do the right thing , just a lot more careful now when purchasing from Ebay . Regards Tony

Mark
Mark

I am extremly impressed with there product and service fantastic Australian Company

Wei Lee
Wei Lee

Battery was significantly cheaper than elsewhere and to be honest, I expected really shoddy service at that price. However, it arrived very quickly, was exactly what I ordered and the entire transaction was almost worryingly smooth. Postage was free and fast. battery powers all appliances without any hassle :|

Lopez
Lopez

I Gave it a 5 out of 5

Their products, look good and are of a high standard, yet very afordablec. Service is prompt and delivery is quick. Love the product.

Muncey
Muncey

Great item, came very promptly and well packaged. Exactly what I wanted to power up my caravan. Will certainly buy more items.

Happy Customer

Lawrance
Lawrance

What A great Australian Company. so impressed had to post a reviews

Cheers and Beers to all the staff

Benji
Benji

Great customer service from Tim, He replied to my email within minutes and helped place my order. I will be shopping here for all my Camping needs!

Dave

I purchased dodgy batteries and cannot get my money back, not even through Fair Trading. Fair Trading are building a case against this seller and need everyone to contact them that has been ripped off. Without knowing whats happening or only getting a few complaints they cannot stop this seller. Also someone has posted a ton of information on this seller that I found Google searching: [Link Removed]

Sophia B.
Sophia B.

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Many thanks! https://top5lists.net/todays-the-best-portable-solar-chargers-to-buy/

Get an answer from our members and Think Out representatives