Toyota Kluger

29 questions from our users

Prue

Prueasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Has anyone had a Kluger that’s dash began squeaking? This is a new kluger 11000km. Two squeaks in different spots along the dash. I can not stand it to the point I feel like returning it to Toyota for a refund.
If the dealership looks for the squeaks how will they do it?
If it involves pulling the dash apart I think it will just cause more noise.
Also there is a slight rattle in the drivers door. I swear I need ear plugs to drive it so it doesn’t irritate me

Bryce

Bryceasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Do the new Toyota Kluger's have the same oil clogging problems as the previous models

Palladium B.

Palladium B.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Bought a new 2018 Kluger and have never been able to park it straight in a shopping carpark. I have never had a problem parking any car I have owned until the Kluger. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I am straight but when I exist the car I am practically sideways. Very irriating.

Garyrandall

I have the same problem sometimes. Also own a Camry and Aurion and I don’t seem to have this problem with them. Maybe it’s the shape/contour of the bonnet when using that for a reference when reversing. I was going to try placing something on the bonnet in the middle at the front (same as the older cars with a vertical bonnet emblem) in order to give me a better reference. Cheers.

Rakesh

Rakeshasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Hi , I have Toyota kluger 2015 . As soon I turn on ac after few seconds it’s turn off automatically. Can any one please help me what is the problem?

Coral-Lee A.

Coral-Lee A.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

When I stop at lights my 2014 Kluger automatic beeps, I have my foot on the brake and it is in drive. Then it jumps forward a little before I can move again.

Ahtisham M.

Ahtisham M.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

My rear ac works perfectly from the main ac control panel, but the rear panel has no light and is not working, what can be the problem and how can I fix it

Amit K.

Amit K.asked

Hi I have got kluger 2018 gxl one of my seat button is stuck how can I fix it

Joseph E.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Kluger Highlander alarm keeps going off at all times

MikeK

Hi Joseph I am in Victoria and just purchased a second hand 2017 Kluger and alarm is going off all the time. Usually within the first hour of locking it. I am taking it to an auto electrician here tomorrow to get it checked. Will post what they come up with.
Cheers Mike

Joseph E.

Thanks mate Auto electrician in Bundy told mum and dad it's $750 to check but he has no idea what it is and it's more to fix it.

MikeK

Hey Joseph dont let them charge that? I just got back from Auto electrician here and car is fixed. He cut and resoldered the wire on the bonnet latch and that was the problem. he has bypassed the sensor. Took 30 minutes to do and cost me $35. I told him all the posts talk about this sensor and he agreed they can be a problem.
Hope that helps :)

Joseph S.

Joseph S.asked

Grande 2WD (2014-2021)

I just had my battery replaced in my Toyota Kluger.
The radio/reverse camera screen are blacked out & reads No DVD, Please insert map DVD.
How can j get this operating again

Pedro L.
Pedro L.

I just changed my battery and didn’t have any issues. It sounds like yours has a faulty wire or frayed connection. You might need to take it to an auto electrician or if your vehicle is under warranty take it to the dealership to repair. Good luck.

Raheem A.

Raheem A.asked

Kluger GX AWD (2014-2021)

Hi, I just bought Kluger GX AWD 2018 model. I want to install navigation system in it and want to change the Ac panel and want to install climate control panel in it. Is it possible? If yes then how and where can I do it?

Dianne T.
Dianne T.

Hi, I don't own one but am looking at buying one. I am confused as it says the GX doesn't come with sat nav. However looing at Carsales.com, I have come across 3 2018 model GX's that do. So either there is an option to upgrade the panel or some come with it. Don't know if this helps.

Belinda H.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Was there a RWD model, at all? I don't want to drive a FWD vehicle. Otherwise the kluge is perfect for us, but it is FWD.

Mike
Mike

I believe the standard model is.

Belinda H.

No MIke it isn't it is a FWD, with an on demand AWD.

steve

steveasked

i wanto kno why the kluger 2019 gear box changes gear all the time

John
John

because it has a 8 speed auto transmission and the gear ratios are very tight. To save fuel on the 3.5L V6, the ECU always looks for the most optimal gear for the load.

Thilasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

How is the fuel consumption in the 2019 GXL AWD model?

Nader
Nader

8.5 km per 1 litre

papo

papoasked

Does the 2019 gx kluger have electric adjustment to drivers seat

Rajab M.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

I bought a brand-new Toyota Kluger GSU55R Grande AWD 2019 from a very reputable Toyota dealer in Sydney in May 2019. Taken for its first service in June 2019 (03/06/2019) with no dramas. Come OCT 2019 took it in for its 6 month service, only done 5000k's, on 25/10/2019, after picking up we heard a ticking/clicking sound emanating from the engine bay area while the engine is on. We took it back immediately the same morning and told them about the sound. Toyota kept it there for the remainder of the day and was told it was fine and there was no issue and it was due to it being a fresh oil change and we were advised to take it home and if the noise is persisting, bring it back. My wife had to walk to and from the dealership 6 times that day for the same problem (as we are within walking distance from the service centre). The noise persisted and I rang them immediately that afternoon, I spoke to a Toyota Rep he noted to me that it was crank slap a term he used to explain away the sound we are hearing, in his words It is when the crank shaft slaps the oil in the sump causing a sound to be heard. I exclaimed that this explanation was not good enough and this is a brand-new car and have never encountered a problem such as this with new cars. When I speak to them further about the problem, He then said that he will rebook for a new oil change the next day with a loan car replacement for the day (which was a crappy little outdated Yaris btw) Toyota kept our Kluger there for the entire day from 08:30am till 03:00pm They produce good constructive explanatory statements for customers. The Toyota Rep told me that a case has been put through to Toyota Australia and that it was the hydraulic valve lifter on cylinder number 3 that was noisy and that they will need the Kluger for 2-3 days to replace the faulty hydraulic lifter, pending warranty case approval from Toyota. We were told that it was safe to drive by the Toyota Rep. Now Toyota Australia is involved. Why this problem? Is it because of the incompetent technicians who cant troubleshoot, is it a factory defect or is it purely lack of care? It is not a cheap model! We paid to drive and enjoy the car, not sitting at workshop for technicians to learn or do trial & error work or come up with elusive answers to explain away a serious problem.

Anyone encounter similar problems would love to hear about it...? I have this feeling its going to be a long road and would love some insights of people who've dealt with Toyota with warranty issues.

Garyrandall

Most new car engines are generally ok after leaving the factory but occasionally some part of the engine might not have been manufactured correctly or installed correctly within tolerances. Just make sure that Toyota covers "all" costs regarding your engine issue. Toyota engines are usually very good and reliable.

Rajab M.

Lesson learned: never buy Toyota again even if they’re the last mode of Transport on earth!!

Michael P.

Michael P.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

My2008 kluger rear door willnot open.Not auto lift.when I unlock the car, all other doors can be opened.I can hear a clicking sound in the door,but won't open.Have opened the access panel but can see no lever to open door from inside.Any ideas welcome

Garry H.
Garry H.

there is a button in the glove box which turns the tailgate door on/off. sounds like you have accidentally pressed it

Anita O.
Anita O.

We just got our 2018 klugar and the boot womtnopen it's really hard to nopen and close any ideas?

KUMUDUasked

Kluger GXL 2WD (2014-2021)

I bought a brand-new Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL 2WD - 2019 from a very reputed Toyota dealer in July 2019. Couple of days after the delivery the Air conditioner went faulty. When I speak to them, they tell you things like to a 5y old child expecting us to believe. Normally any service reps from any dealer ships from any manufacturers are very bad. They produced good constructive explanatory statements for customers. They just don’t tell you the truth. I have been in to this dealership 4 times for the same problem. Still not working. Now Toyota Australia is involved. Why this problem keeps coming like this? Is this because of the incompetent technicians of the dealer who can’t trouble shoot this or is it a factory defect? It is not a cheap model! We paid to drive, not sitting at workshop for technicians to learn or do trial & error work. Its my money & my car.
What Lemon Car! What an Unbreakable Toyota!

Jamie
Jamie

Can you explain exactly whats wrong with the aircon? (tell me as if I'm a technician you need to help point where to look)

KUMUDU

when turn on the Air conditioner no cold air. Inside the car is fogging up if you use the heater. first time they said it was a human error at the factory. Drove home next day no Air conditioner working again (no cold air) . Took it back to the dealer that time they kept the car for two days & use some dye to see where the gas leak is. After a day or so they said found the problem & it is the compressor int going faulty. I knew it was a load of garbage. In a brand new car ? what a joke. Then it took them nearly a week to get the compressor from Japan. Fitted in after 1.5 months later no air con again. Took it back again then they said the gas was too much last time when they regassed. So they I think they patched up again & so far its ok. waiting to pass 1.5 months to see what happens next. Thanks

Mahsan S.

Mahsan S.asked

Grande 2WD (2014-2021)

Is this a better car than the kluger GX? Whats with the fuel consumption with Grande? Anyone had precious experience with this? Many thanks in advance.

Phan

Phanasked

Kluger GX (2014-2021)

Can open and close window by key on Toyota Kluger GX 2018?

Tarynasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

My kluger grande automatic tailgate / boot / rear door has been playing up and won't open close properly anymore, i pushed it closed the other day as it stopped with about a 20cm gap and now its not operating at all. Has this happened to anyone else please? Not sure what to do. Toyota dealership advised approx $2000 for a replacement boot motor if thats the problem.

Ants
Ants

I am having the same issue

Misty
Misty

The boot has a auto stop mechanism on it if you push the button even by accident when it's mid range or even a centimetre away from the closing point it will automatically stop it needs to be reset to be able to open correctly there's something about it in the manual without me having the manual in front of you I can't tell you exactly how to do it but yeah try repressing the button again and holding it in for a couple of seconds it should reset itself and work functionally again

Taryn

Turned out I needed the gas lift motors replaced, $3000 later they are working. Seems to be a known fault but my car was almost 4 years old when it started happening.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)