Optus Broadband

Aslamasked

How would you rate Optus nbn in Parramatta and Baulkham hills area

Kel
Kel

Aslam. No idea. I am in Canberra .... where I still have no signal, despite being told that I should have an excellent signal at my address.

dave
daveasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

iam with telstra NBN HFC 50 mbps i pay $80.00 a mouth with land line phone and Binge streaming service and all works well. but would like to go to optus i like the EPL etc
as any one had any isues

partridgedc
partridgedc

It’s great until you need support then you become a ping pong ball

Mrs M.
Mrs M.
Dante L.
Dante L.asked
Broadband

This is worst Broadband igive to optus less than cero star worst custumer services i been 2 days without internet then can help me know igonna change provider

BobBasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

Anyone out there with INDEPENDENT advice about 4G Home Broadband as compared with NBN?

M T.

Optus does, but half of the time network bufferes.
So, don't weste you time with Oputs.

BobBasked
NBN 50/20 (Standard Plus)

Is it not true to say that nearly all the terrible reviews about NBN are the fault of NBN Co., not so much of the Service Providers (in this case Optus) ? In reading most reviews, it seems that the rollout of the NBN is just another example of a Labor Government's disasters, such as the "pink batts" debacle and the enormously wasteful "Building Education Revolution" (BER).

annie
annie

The roll out of the NBN is a disaster because the Liberal government chose the cheapest option, not the best option which was to be implemented by the previous Labor government!

DIANNE S.
DIANNE S.
Belinda K.
Belinda K.asked
Cable

I have switched from Optus to iinet for Internet/Fetch, but the installation has not yet happened. Despite this, my Fetch has been cut off. Can you also cut off WIFI before the new one is installed?
I feel like I've been treated badly - it may give me cause to move my mobile phones as well. please advise what your policy is around this.

Linda Molloyasked
NBN 12/1 (Speed Pack 1)

Why am I still receiving bills for wifi and not receiving bill for new nbn?

Techie
Techie

Only Optus could advise on this. If they are unable to resolve it put a report in the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) as is your right.

Mark D.
Mark D.

Call them right away as you'll probably be getting charged for both. Leave Optus while you can. Good luck wasting time talking to a service team based in India

Linda Molloy

I’ve called numerous times. They even tell me my mobile phone is not listed with them. They send the bills though! And I pay them. Am yet to receive a bill for my NBN.

kathy
kathyasked
Broadband

Is anyone having slow internet on there phone

Juliana G
Juliana Gasked
Broadband

Is anyone able to inform Optus' contention ratio for ADSL+ service on the postcode 2049?
I tried customer service but they were unable to give me that information.

Steve

Go to the Optus website and put your address into the check availability panel.

mehwinnie
mehwinnieasked
Broadband

optus cable for reservoir VIC area, what do you guys reckon? have been using adsl2+ and its horrible from dodo (Telstra). Thanks in advance

Miniduasked
Broadband

Is optus NBN is good in Berwick VIC ? I am looking to sign up with them with 50mbps plan include land line 24 month contract. Are they providing better serice in my area ?
Please give me any ideas and suggestions?
thanks guys.....

Tarun G
Tarun G
Minidu

Is optus have good progress? I so many bad reviews on them. Have they give good connections for new customers?

Wali
Waliasked
Broadband

Which ADSL+2 would be best for Hectorville SA 5073 area?

Ian
Ian

ANYONE but Optus mate.
Check if you can get NBN and/or when it's coming. Otherwise just look at monthly no-contract plans from companies based in Australia with local call centres to tide you over until the NBN gets to you.

DC1970
DC1970asked
Broadband

What is the best provider / plans for broadband in greenacre nsw 2190?

Try aussie broadband for NBN

Joan Corica
Joan Coricaasked
Broadband

Over the past two or so weeks My Optus mobile phone service has been dropping out, not able to call, not able to receive calls ,messages not sending, messages not receiving... YES my account is paid. LOL. all of this is intermittent not all the time. the phone is a Samsung 5 only 3 months old. Can anyone help please?

Kanye

maybe coverage issue or try trouble shooting the Samsung device eg reset network setting etc

Fanzi
Fanziasked
Broadband

Who is the best nbn provider in Victoria?

Aus broadband

Ray
Ray

Aussie broadband

Anone Mouz
Anone Mouz

OPTUS
They are hampered by the dreaded NBN and by their decision to off-shore their support; however, if you are persistent (sorry I know you don't have the time) the wins are real.

Pamela A
Pamela Aasked
Broadband

I have read heaps of the Optus reviews it’s so terrible the amount of people Optus is letting down including myself. My question is how do I change companies when they have locked me into a contract?? I’m so sick of internet dropping out larger bills every month and being caught in the middle of nowhere when my navigator drops out from internet rrrrr please help!!

Steven Pigeon H
Steven Pigeon Hasked
Broadband

Who should I go for I am new renting and I am stuck. I want nbn setup best for value with set up and constant high mbps. I have looked at reviews from most providers and they are all mostly bad but best ones is $90 with optus at 80mbps but with myrepublic is 60 bucks for 100mbps with 40 upload so I am not to sure.

But if anyone is with any of those providers please tell me how good and bad they are I wanna go with optus or myrepublic.

Cheap is great but you get what you pay for so I am not sure.

Frans
Frans

Optus speed is not even half of what they claim to be

Kev H
Kev H
Bill R
Bill R
Julian
Julianasked
Broadband

I just moved into a newly built unit and I am trying to avoid the $299 New Connection Fee, since there is no existing line. Some dude from iSelect recommended the Optus 24 month adsl2 contract, saying that Optus will waive this new connection fee, therefore no upfront costs.

Is this correct? I can't find any official info on the Optus website. All they say is that an existing landline is required.

ArchieF
ArchieF
Steve

Go to the Optus website and use the online chat facility to get quick(ish) info.

Josh
Joshasked
Broadband

If I play Xbox and someone's watching YouTube will I lag and or will it be slow if so should I go with Telstra

Chunny
Chunny

If it's ADSL 2 then no matter who you go with it will be the same. That is below 7 Mbps. I usually get about 6 Mbps. Slow

Ex Customer
Ex Customer

Stay Away! I stopped gaming because of their slow and unreliable internet (Constant dropouts) and worse than dial up speeds!

Boo
Boo

Do not get Floptus!!!

Keita
Keitaasked
Broadband

Hi there, I am thinking of getting Optus Wireless Home Broadband(12/1mps). The main reason of getting it to play online gaming (FIFA17 on PlayStation 4). I would like to know if it works fine?

miché
miché

Hello, I did not check gaming with Optus, but for all other instances (e.g. weeb browsing, etc.) I would not choose them again for any reason. Way too slow and unreliable.
I hope this helps.

gaerryn.cronin
gaerryn.cronin

Don't. Stay away.

Kean Teong Tan
Kean Teong Tan

Noooooooo..their internet is way toooo sloooooowwwww

Get an answer from our members and Optus representatives

Optus Broadband