Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance Questions & Answers

4.2 from 6,041 reviews

144 questions from our users

Do Youi list Insurance Company-Companies that cover 4x4 vehicles that are fitted with a DP chip?

Can I seek confirmation on a few questions I have about Youi's PDS? We will not pay for any loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly: -18. when the car is being driven by a person who: • i s under the influence of alcohol and/or a drug and/or any other intoxicating substance; • has a blood alcohol level higher than the legal limit; Does Youi consider influence of alcohol to be anything above 0.00 BAC or only above the legal limit of 0.05? 22. when the car is being used on a permanent or temporary racetrack or raceway, or in a four wheel drive or adventure park Are public gazetted roads/tracks/4WD trails where the vehicle is legally allowed to be covered on the policy? 26. by the use or application of car parts or accessories which are not recommended or specified by the manufacturer; If I have a Toyota with, for example, ARB Old Man Emu raised suspension (2" lift which is legal in my state) is Youi's view that because it is not Toyota OEM parts then I am not covered by the insurance policy? Thanks, Tim
Hi Tim, cheers for your questions. Regarding alcohol it is the legal limit so if you are a P driver & your limit is zero this is the limit we follow, if you are fully licenced & your limit is 0.05 we follow this. Public roads are OK as long as it is not classified as a FWD adventure park. Off road is OK as long it's not a 4WD adventure park. If you have modifications of any sort we need to know about it & we list it, so can add to your vehicle however we only cover for a certain amount of after-market accessories. Cheers & I hope this helps. KoppoTim. Considering most National Parks in most states are rated as "Four Wheels drive Parks", you may want to consider another insurer !.

let me know when the insurence is due to renew.thanks
Hi William, I’m happy to help, although I will need to know your policy number. Can you email me on koppok@youi.com with these details & then I’ll let you know? Alternatively, you can give our customer service team a call & they will only be too happy to lend a hand. Cheers Koppo

Contact phone number
Apologies for the late response E Lois, you can get us on 13 9684 (13 YOUI). Alternatively, I may be able to help, my direct line is 07) 3852 7868. - Lauren

Record of insurance on Rover WM3616
Contact phone no for Youi

I have received a letter from a legal firm claiming to represent me on behalf of Youi in an accident that happened over 7 months ago. The other driver was at fault and we have two witnesses that he ran a red light. The claim was paid out over 6 months ago. The letter looks suspicious- they want me to make an appointment to see one their solicitors. I lost about $6000 on the car as it was written off- I am not prepared to lose a days wages to travel to the city. Has anyone ever had this happen??
Hi Jen, check out the legal firm's reputation, get them to Skype with you and do record the meeting. Take a second opinion from another legal firm. Be cautious about fees under all circumstances. Do not commit to any upfront fees or future fees. Find out what will be the final potential outcome and how it would work for you. All the best and good luck.Thanks for reaching out Jenni. I’d like to look into this further, please forward any policy, claim details to robynf@youi.com & I’ll be in touch to put your mind at ease. Look forward to hearing from you. Robyn.

can you choose your own repairers?
Great question Nigel. We have a selected network of repairers on board who we have complete faith in, still we have an optional cover where you can choose your own. If you have any further queries I’d be happy to chat, email robynf@youi.com. Look forward to speaking with you, Robyn :)

I would to know I have a 98 Mitsubishi lancer Coupe and was going get Youi insurance till I was told right or wrong in an accident I would have to come up with $500 and mind you have only ever had one accident not my fault so I wonder how does that work $500
Great question rae65. I’m assuming the $500 is the “excess”. It’s not always exactly $500, it can be higher & something you agree on before starting the policy. To claim, an excess is payable but it can waived, if for example; another party is clearly at-fault & we have enough information to enable an attempt to recover costs. This is all in our PDS & I can discuss in more detail if you wish? My direct line is 0731563531 – Jeremy

How do I arrange a quote?
Call Allianz on 131000. They are fantastic with real people in Australia on the phone and can easily assist with your insurance needs. Quotes take about 6 minutes depending on individual circumstances. CheersHow muchYoui different from Youi big time advert

How is Youi with their claims? I have heard they try and get out of the claim and don't help out very much with anything.
I rang YOUI,and they were very prompt and sent help when much needed. Highly recommend Youi. Perfect service Kind Regards Miss Melissa JenkinsI have no issue with the claim. Just their monthly premiums are too high.We’re in the business of approving claims. All claims are assessed on their own merits, we aim for smooth & efficient sailing each step of the way. If you would like to chat, email robynf@you.com your contact & I’ll be in touch. Robyn.

Can I change my payment details online?
Download the app for YOUI insurance, it’s way to use, and if you can’t work it out the YOUI team are amazingSurely this is done online?Yes, you can Alva. From the menu on our website www.youi.com.au, select “Manage Policy”. Start by adding your policy number, & “forgot password” allows you to setup a new password. Once you’ve logged in, select “Change Payment Details”, if you have any difficulties, please call us on 1300267696 & we will help. Thanks for your question :) - Jeremy

We have bought a repairable write off vehicle from pickles auctions Ref claim number 28762235 we would like the details of damage? Kind regards Sharen Sutherland email. sutherland8@live.com.au
Hi Sharen, the vehicle was assessed as a repairable total loss. For the damage details you would need to seek an independent report from a Smash repairer. I can see you’ve been in touch with our Team since initially asking your question, still if you have any further queries I can be reached on robynf@youi.com. Robyn.

I want to ad a friend onto my list of drivers. How do I do this? What info do I need to give?
Hi Karen, we can do this over the phone with you, the info needed will be name, date of birth, employment status & occupation, address, type of licence, age they started driving without supervision, demerit points, previous suspensions/claims & a couple of other easer questions. Cheers Josh

I'm just reading an article about contaminated fuel (https://www.choice.com.au/transport/cars/maintenance/articles/contaminated-fuel-costing-drivers-thousands-of-dollars-in-repairs?fbclid=IwAR0JZcWjFCHR51athwAMgjj8-A8YIvsee1y7qkto00atatlGRnBW_qaVi1M), as far as I can see the PDS and other comprehensive insurance documents I received don't mention it at all. Are we covered, and if so under what conditions?
Youi has an exclusion in the policy which states “by the use, or accidental addition by any person, of incorrect lubricants, fuel, oil or other fluids, which are not recommended or specified by the manufacturer". CheersThat doesn't answer the question I asked... I get diesel from the pump, it contains metal or more likely water (contaminated fuel), the engine dies, probably permanently. Some insurance companies cover it, does yours?I don't work for Youi and would never insure with them again. From my experience with Youi, they will always find a way not to pay out a claim, hence the Royal Commission Inquiry in to Youi for leaving customers high and dry after making claims. Cheers.

Hi I contacted you regarding a green slip for Subaru brumby about 2 weeks ago you were going to get back regarding demerit I lost on the 18 September 2015 which expires on the 18 of this month have you a update I have an other policy number OA25494971? Regards Noel Backman ph 0434197994 email noelbackman@icloud.com Car details Subaru Model 180080A plate CS18EX GVM 1620 Vin JF3AU5MR01G525095 shape UTE Engine No 955298
Youi is only a reseller of CTP insurance. You would save time and money by contacting one of the licenced CTP insurers in your state.I’m sorry to have let you down Noel! I listened to your call & yes, we did promise to call you back a week later. I understand you’ve gone elsewhere which is our loss. I’ll now recommend some coaching this end to help prevent that from happening again. Thanks for your time, your loyalty with your other policies & for commenting here - Jeremy

How much fortnightly for a pensioner for Getz 2006?
We tailor our policies individually Kerry so, price is dependent on risk assessment. We often get great results by doing this & I’m happy to call, if you’d DM contact details. Alternatively, you can call us on 13 9684 & our sales team will look after you. - LaurenCall Budget Direct!!! Simple.... don’t waste your time.

Do you offer payment plans (ie financial hardship services) for the excess, when one has to make a claim?
We’re open to considerations & are happy to discuss options with you Lilah, if you DM me details, I’ll give you a bell or you can call our claims team on 13 9684.

Can I log in and change some personal things?
I haven't had to myself, but I can see in the Youi phone app there is an option to "update my details". So if you have the app, give it a go.Yes, you can log into your policy manager account & make changes on our website, if you’d welcome a call from our Team let me know robynf@youi.com. Robyn :)

I had my licence suspended for six months as from 29/4/16. I now have my full licence. Can I get comprehensive insurance with Youi?
You sure can Smef, it will be a question we ask during the quote flow, but does not affect the ability to take out a policy. Cheers JoshThankyou Josh. I will contact Youi when my vehicle is due for comprehensive renewal.Hi Smerf - I am in the same boat. My current insurer will not insure me. I have rang a couple of different companies. Youii are one that will cover me. Did you end up using them or did you look elsewhere?

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Similar listings