Zoom Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Comprehensive, Frequent Traveller, Standard, etc...

8 questions from our users

Jennifer Cashel

Jennifer Cashelasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

I had a trip overseas booked for 7 of September 2020 to the 5th of October 2020 it was canceled due to the COVID I have been trying to get in touch with zoom travel insurance for months by phone and by email to my refund and they have not replied my email is busman366@outlook.com my policy number is z-c125615 it was issued 4/2/2020for $492.70
I really wish they would get in touch with me because I am beginning to think that they are not reliable?
Raymond Cashel

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Raymond (or Jennifer), Thanks for your query.

Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled. During these challenging times and the extraordinary circumstances of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and travel bans, we are offering flexible options for our customers.

You can change the dates or amend your policy start date to be up to 12 months (365 days) in advance of your policy issue date. If you're unable to travel within this timeframe, or you are unsure when you may travel again, you may be eligible for a travel insurance credit so that you can buy a policy when the time is right for travel and you've confirmed your new details.

You can learn more about the credit voucher terms here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic/covid-19-credit-voucher-terms

I have looked up your policy and our email communications and we don't seem to have received any emails from you. I will have have someone from our customer service team contact you within the next few days.

Warm regards, Natalie | Social Media Team

Patrick

Patrickasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Is zoom travel insurance still operating since their website is down and telephone is playing a message that call can not be answered due to technical dificulties.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Patrick, Yes we are still operating. Unfortunately, we're experiencing some technical difficulties this morning. Our development team are working their socks off to fix it. Bear with us and we should be back online within the hour.

Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we're experiencing a very high volume of enquiries so the best way to reach us at the moment is via email info@zoomtravelinsurance.com.au.

Warmest regards,
Natalie

Jim Lee

Jim Leeasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Do your travel insurance cover overseas visitors to Australia?

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. As you can imagine, we have been experiencing an extremely high volume of enquiries in relation to covid-19, the resultant travel bans and the impact that this is having on many Australians travel plans.

The best way to reach us is via our customer service team directly, rather than a third party website. You can find our contact details here: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your question, unfortunately not. We only provide cover for Australian residents.

I hope you managed to find the cover that you were looking for.

Warm regards,
Eva, Customer Service

Davidasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Several adults are going to Vietnam for holidays in 3 weeks time,and wondering if we are covered for coronavirus if we catch it.

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi David, The best way to have any questions about the cover offered by Zoom travel insurance answered is to contact us directly. You can contact our friendly customer service consultants via online webchat, email or phone. https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your query, we have a general exclusion in our policy relating to epidemics and pandemics, so anything related to the coronavirus is unlikely to be covered. Having said that, all medical emergencies are referred to our 24/7 emergency medical assistance team and all claims are assessed based on individual facts and circumstances.

I am part of the marketing team and unfortunately I am unable comment on specific cases and can only offer general advice and direct you to the policy wording, sorry.

Warmest regards, Eva

David

Thank you for information.

Elizabeth A.

Elizabeth A.asked

Frequent Traveller

Are all persons listed on an annual multi policy covered if they travel independently of each other?

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Elizabeth, apologies for the delayed response but it looks as though this was already answered in your previous question below.

Warmest regards,
Natalie | Customer Service

Elizabeth A.

Elizabeth A.asked

Zoom Travel Insurance

Do all the person's listed on a family or multi annual policy have to travel together to be covered? Or are they all covered if they travel independently of each other?

ZoomZoom Travel Insurance

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your query.

The best way to have questions about the cover offered by Zoom travel insurance answered is to contact us directly.

You can contact us via online chat, email or phone. https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/contact-us

To answer your query, dependents named on a policy must be travelling with an adult traveller. Adult travellers named on annual multi-trip policies can travel separately from one another.

For Single trip policies, adult travellers can travel separately once abroad however the start and end dates along with primary destinations must be the same. For example, a couple travel to Europe together for 3 weeks and one does 2 days in Spain without the other but they return to Australia on the same date is fine.

I hope this makes sense. Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly should you require further assistance.

Best regards,
Natalie | Customer Service

Di Petrass

Di Petrassasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

How do I add an extra day to my insurance?

Hi Di Petrass,

Apologies about the delay in response. We have only just received an email alerting us to this query. Rather than trying to reach us via someone else's website the best way to reach us is directly via our own website: https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/. You can contact us by email or phone and via web chat during business hours for quick questions.

If you want to extend your policy, you can do so 24/7 via our customer policy portal provided that your policy hasn't already expired. https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/policy-update/login

Best regards, Natalie

Jacquesasked

Zoom Travel Insurance

I am considering the purchase of Comprehensive Travel Insurance for oversees travel. Does your cover include missing of a flight?

Poirot
Poirot

Hi Jacques,

I work in the travel insurance industry. Generally speaking, if you miss a flight or your flight is delayed, your policy can cover you, but only if the delay or missed flight is due to an insured reason. Some reasons covered include: If you’re directly involved in a motor vehicle, railway, air or marine accident causing you to miss your flight; your flight is delayed due to severe weather, natural disaster, hijacking or strike, including if it causes you to miss a connecting flight.

The main reasons NOT covered include: Mechanical issues or fault of the airline (they have an obligation to provide you with the service you have paid for and will usually get you on the next available flight); or any reason not listed in the policy wording as a covered event, such as you didn’t get to the airport on time and missed your flight due to heavy traffic or roadworks.

Rather than trying to speak with Zoom's customer service team through someone else’s website, it is probably worth contacting Zoom directly https://www.zoomtravelinsurance.com.au/about-us. You can contact Zoom via webchat, email or by phoning 1300 049 880.

Jacques

My thanks to Vivien Ann, who have answered my question.

Get an answer from our members and Zoom Travel Insurance representatives