4WD Supacentre Questions & Answers

Verified4wdsupacentre.com.au
Phil
Phil · 4WD Supacentre

PEOPLE. be aware that a retail WARRANTY is just promise from the seller. under Australian consumer law your purchase could be covered for much more. (please do a little research on the topics below)
Consumers have specific rights under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), regardless of any other warranty provided by the supplier or manufacturer. The ACL guarantees that all goods:

are of acceptable quality
match the description, sample or demonstration model
are fit for their disclosed purpose
come with clear title, unless otherwise stated
does not have undisclosed securities
come with a right to undisturbed possession
will have spare parts and repairs available for a reasonable amount of time after purchase
with express warranties, will have those warranties honoured
How long the warranty against defects applies?
Warranties against defects usually apply for a set amount of time. After the warranty expires, the consumer guarantee of acceptable quality usually still applies. This means that if there’s a problem with a product, the consumer likely still has a right to a repair, refund or replacement, even after the warranty period.
please google "ACCC Consumer rights and guarantees" for more information. and be sure to make written complaints to the retailer, then reports to ACCC, consumer affairs, etc. if you don't get results from the retailer consider civil action via a VCAT complaint.
its people who don't take these simple steps that allow companies like this get away with your money after selling you over-priced (when not on sale) rebranded Chinese products.

Andrew
Andrew · Physical store

Hi, My email address was displayed on the 4wdsupacentre.com.au website on 23rd February as the winner of a $1,000 Kings Cash Voucher. I emailed competitions@4wdsupacentre.com.au as instructed on the same day. I have heard nothing. Has anyone else been scammed and not received their voucher???

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Andrew, Your voucher has since been sent to you, thank you for contacting us in regards to this issue.

April B. · Physical store

I am owed a $1000 refund from your Dandenong VIC store. I’ve been emailing since November and was promised that the refund would be processed last Monday but it didn’t happen. When can I please get my refund? Your urgent action would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Phil h.
Phil h.

My refund is dragging its feet too. Call them on 1800 88 39 64 as they may not read all the emails every day and you could get them to dig in to why they're stalling on a significant amount of money and get an instant reply... Good luck

April B.

Thanks Phil. I received an email from the sales consultant and was promised a refund early last week. It’s very disappointing that this has dragged for so long especially since we are dealing with a significant amount.

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi April, We are sorry to hear you haven't received your refund as of yet! Feel free to contact us on social@4wdsupacentre.com.au with a screenshot of this review and your order number so we can look into this further for you :)
Cheers, Courtney

April B.

Thank you for your reply. I will send the email shortly. Please note, “April B” is just an alias name. My real name is Nerissa and the order is under the name “Nerissa Dacion”.

April B.

I sent the email yesterday morning as advised. I haven’t yet heard anything. Can you please follow up from your end? Thanks

April B.

Hi, I still haven’t received my refund not heard from anyone which is quite disappointing and frustrating.

April B.

Hi, It's been 4 weeks since I logged this comment requesting for my $1,000 refund, and I still haven't received it nor heard from anyone. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed.

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, Unfortunately our Camper Trailer department is currently closed at the moment, but should be back open sometime next week.
Once they are back open I will be following this up with them again.
Apologies for this inconvenience.
Cheers, Courtney

April B.

Hi again, I didn’t get a reply or call from anyone but I finally managed to speak to Kirsty over the phone today. Previously, the phone would just ring out or my call would divert to an answering service. Anyway, I was promised that my refund would be paid within in 5 days. Hopefully it does come through as I’ve been chasing this since November.

Benjamin B.
Benjamin B. · 4WD Supacentre

Hi. Bought 2 x 3" work lights and the plug and play wiring harness as told by staff to use on my boat not vehicle. Is there a way to connect harness without the need of the highbeam relay or do you sell an independant plug and play harness that is good for campsites or other scenarios that dont involve high beams.

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Benjamin, Unfortunately under Australian design rules our lights have to be hooked up to the highbeam relay.

David B.
David B. · 4WD Supacentre

Hi do I need the 3 point wiring harness for new 9 inch lights

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, The 9" lights come included with a 2-3 pin wiring adapator for the current harness.
Kind regards, Rachael

ian d.
ian d. · 4WD Supacentre

wire harness hooked every thing all works fine but my the driving lights wont dim help please

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Ian, We are sorry to hear your lights wont dim. Feel free to place a claim so our claims team can look into this for you - https://service.4wdsupacentre.com.au/returns.

jacob t. · Physical store

Hi, i just bought the 9" domin8r xtreme driving light and it doesn't work even when i tried running it direct. Please kindly advise.

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, We would recommend placing a claim so our claims team can look into this further for you - https://service.4wdsupacentre.com.au/returns.

Michael
Michael

You can expect poor customer service if you need to return faulty goods. You will need to wait more than a week then you’ll to follow up refund through their exhausting process to have money refunded.

jacob t.

Im just gonna throw it on the floor and walk out. They can keep the money.

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, We are sorry you feel this way. If you would like assistance on this our claims team are more than happy to look into this for you.

Byron L.
Byron L. · 4WD Supacentre

Can I use a Narva switch with the kings plug and play harness. And if I can which wires go where?

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Bryon, Unfortunately we do not have enough information on this company to determine whether this switch will work with our harness. However, with the correct wiring, this should be achievable. We would recommend contacting Narva regarding this.
Kind regards, Rachael

Owen · 4WD Supacentre

Hi,

I have the smart wiring harness and swapped out the switch for a more factory looking one but it has different wiring.

Could you please confirm out of the 3 wires (blue, white and black), what the black cable is for?

The blue appears to be the Output (goes to switch input) and the white appears to be the Input (comes from switch output). I’ve wired it up (I powered the switch’s light by a separate dashboard feed) and it works but should the black cable be earthed or does it just become redundant?

Cheers,

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, For the switch wiring the white is positive, black is negative and blue is active/switching. In this setup the black wiring shouldn't be needed.

Owen

Thanks for the prompt response Courtney. Would it be ok to connect the black to a chassis earth as well for redundancy?
Cheers,

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Owen, This should be fine.

Josh T.
Josh T. · 4WD Supacentre

Hi guys can I piggy back a light bar off of the spotlight plug n play wiring harness?
Cheers J

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Josh, This should be fine, but we do usually recommend using one wiring harness for each set of lights.

Sparkhunter
Sparkhunter

Josh you can do it a long as the original spot lights are run through a relay. Do not listen to these supastore clowns for advise. If your original spotlights are not using a relay and are wired directly to the vehicles high beam you could very well overload the vehicles standard wiring, this can cause a fuse to blow at the worst moment (causing a fatal incident) or the wiring could overheat until it catches on fire. 4wd supacenter are a bunch of cowboys that don't even understand retail, let alone auto electronics. 4wd supacenter do not leave a reply as you will probably show your lack of knowledge and ignorance, sooner you are shut down the better

Dave B
Dave B · 4WD Supacentre

I’m wanting to buy a 25a dc-dc charger. Is there a review on one of these? Thanks

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Dave, You can find reviews on our DC-DC charger on trustpilot.

AdV
AdV

Hi Dave - Don't know if there exists a review on this, but I can tell you that I will never, ever buy from 4WD Supacentre or Kings again. I bought a winch from them, it failed on the first day (ie they sold me a faulty item) and they refused to honour warranty for a frivolous reason. If you read their feedback reviews you'll learn that their response to customers with some kind of issue generally is very poor.

colin v.
colin v. · 4WD Supacentre

Hi, I have installed the leathal driving lights and smart harness ( all working good).
I want to change the switch . Can you please tell me what colour wire is for the power in ? Power out and earth? Please

Moe
Moe

The Switch doesn't have Power or Earth. The switch function is an On/Off function to do with Highbeam lights. The configuration depends on the type of Replacement switch, as I had to replace it too.

lachie w. · 4WD Supacentre

Just finished installing a 12” number plate LED light bar on my friends 2016 Corolla hatchback. Had it working briefly but I can’t seem to get it working where the bar turns off when I dip the high beams?
What area should I look at for anything that might’ve not hooked up properly perhaps??

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Lachie, Is your vehicle negatively switched?

lachie w.

Thanks for getting back so quickly Courtney No, it’s not negatively switched
- Lachie

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, Thank you for confirming, in this case we would recommend placing a claim so we can look into this further. Feel free to do this here - https://service.4wdsupacentre.com.au/returns.

Jonty R.
Jonty R. · 4WD Supacentre

I brought a wiring hardness and number plate light bar kit for my 2011 ford fiesta but the wiring harness doesn’t have the right plug to plug into the high beam. What adapter would I need to do that?

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Jonty, We advertise our wiring harnesses to come with H4 & HB3 headlight adapters which are the most universal fit for most vehicles. You may need to check your vehicles user manual if you require different adapters to wire the lights.

Jonty R.
Jonty R. · 4WD Supacentre

Hey there. I brought I number plate light bar kit and wiring harness to put onto my 2011 ford fiesta. But the wiring harness doesn’t have the right adapter to plug into the high beam. What adapter would I need to order?

TRAE D.
TRAE D. · 4WD Supacentre

Just wired up 2 9” spotlights, will I need to run a whole other smart harness to run a light work or can I piggy back off the spotlight harness

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, You will need one wiring harness to each set of lights, so if you are wanting to run two sets of lights you will need two wiring harness'

Johnnyteee
Johnnyteee · 4WD Supacentre

I bought 4 x 9 inch spotlights and 2 wiring looms , can I run all 4 lights through the one loom and relay etc ? Im thinking of teeing in 2 lights into the other 2 lights loom and have all 4 lights going through the wiring together ?

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, Unfortunately each lights need their own wiring harness.

Johnnyteee
Johnnyteee · 4WD Supacentre

Lee Mazey

It will over load the relay having 4 lights running off of one loom learnt that from having the older spotlights just 2 before led’s came out they kept melting the relay inside so I hooked 1 light per relay and joined all the other wires into the circuit worked fine after that too much current drawn from the lights to the relay

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, Each set of lights would need it's own wiring harness.

Michael B.
Michael B. · 4WD Supacentre

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi there, Each set of lights would need it's own wiring harness.

Ben G.
Ben G. · 4WD Supacentre

Connecting 2 4inch light bars to my boat. Obviously no headlights to connect to so need to work out how to wire them so they work with out being connected to high beams

4WD Supacentre   DM

Hi Ben, We have a video on youtube showing how to connect your lights without using your headlights. While this is for the tub mount lights, with the modification of the harness can also be done to suit your needs. You can find this here - external link .

Get an answer from our members and 4WD Supacentre representatives

Select a listing for your question

Visit Official Website