ALDI Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

ALDI Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019) Questions & Answers

MPN: 10084

19 questions from our users

James

Jamesasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

What type of chainsaw oil to use on a 20v cordless pole saw?

tezza

tezzaasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I have not used this saw for a year. Old fuel has been replaced but still will not rev more than idle. Appears to be fuel deprived. Any suggestions please...

Google how to tune it

warren.harris.94

warren.harris.94asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I brought the chainsaw last year but I used only once and the chain came off since then I have tried everything to adjust the chain but to no avail what can I do?

Chainsaw user

You didn’t have the chain tight enough, put it back on and tighten if

Victor G.

Victor G.asked

Can I use it in my 4 stroke motorbike

Reviewer R.

Why would you need a chainsaw in a motor bike?

Sayad U.

Sayad U.asked

Chainsaw user

Screw on the button, will be labeled

Jeffery M.

Jeffery M.asked

Aldi

Peter S.

Peter S.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

What is the valve clearance ,for future reference services

E.M.T

E.M.Tasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

how do we get the warranty? my machine didnt start when i took it out of the box. thanks

Paulnasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I like using my garden line chainsaw. I have not needed to use it regularly, just a few times. However, When I recently used it it would not pump fuel using the bulb. It was always easy to start but now it's almost impossible. When it does start it does not run properly or go for very long - a few seconds. How do I get it repaired or what do I do? It's still under warranty.

Vkoio4
Vkoio4

The fuel line has probably rotted, like mine. It's poor quality tubing. If you open the fuel tank cap and fish around in there with a hooked bit of wire, you might even discover that the filter/weight has come loose with a length of fuel line. If not, the line could be split elsewhere. You can take it back under warranty and consign it to landfill. Otherwise, if you're handy, you can replace the fuel line pretty easily. Take a bit in to a mower shop so they can match it up and buy a piece. Thread it through the hole in the tank that the old line went through, to the carby at one end and with the bulb/weight on the other end inside the tank. You just need enough slack inside the tank so that the filter/weight can roll around freely and reach all corners of the tank. You can even buy fuel line on eBay. I think these saws use ~4.5mm outside diameter, maybe 2mm inside (but it's rubber so you can get away with slightly different sizing). Good luck!

Pauln

Hi Vkoio. Thanks for the advice. Yep, the fuel line was broken. But not the one with the weight. It was the hose that returns from the primer pump back to the tank. I replaced it with really good hose but it is still sucking only air through the primer bulb. I then tested the hoses by disconnecting the primer hose from the carb and connected straight to the inlet hose (weighted) and it it pumps correctly, so the fuel line works properly now. However, the problem remains: the carburettor seems to be leaking air into the system, so I'm concerned that the carb has a problem, and it won't run properly because of the lack of fuel. I don't want to take the carby apart as I suspect that there are no spares anyway. I think I'll take it to the service centre. Can anybody tell me what do they do there, repair or replace?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply contact Aldi if it is under warranty?

Gail M.

Gail M.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Where can l get a new pull start for my ferrex chainsaw

Sue
Sue

I don’t think you will be able to. We tried to get it fixed at a service centre and he couldn’t get parts. We threw it in the bin.

Petri M.

Petri M.asked

Paul
Paul

Any good quality 2 stroke oil preferably fully synthetic, if its good enough for Enduro and Motocross racing its good enough for a small engine.

Lindsay W.

Lindsay W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Hi Do you have a parts list and user manual for the above chainsaw.

ASHRAF A.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

i bought from both brand Gardenline and ferrex but i need spare parts like chain and bars where i can find them? i appreciate if you can forward a number where i can find spare parts

accadakka
accadakka

chain... you can buy from Bunnings. Just count the number of links

and what about the bar

ASHRAF A.

the chain bar< Where can i get it from?

Michelle W.

Michelle W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

what oil do you put in to the chainsaw? is it the oil that came in the box?

2 stroke oil from bunnings

RFBA

RFBAasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Can I use any bar and chain saw oil? No oil specs in the manual.

Heath McInerney

I wouldn't. Too sticky for engine bearings. Use engine oil for eg; 15w/40 or similar

Four stroke engine oil. Only

Colinb

Colinbasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

How do I get this chainsaw to run ? Finally got it started after many dramas and removing spark plug to clean it . Also the handle on pull cord snapped as it hit the saw body on recoil . Finally got it started , cut one branch & then it died ..
I’m prepared for some problems with a low priced item but I at least expect it to start & run

will

try different choke settings other than that i don't know why it dosent run

Tvertsin
Tvertsin

I have the same problem. it starts ok (though I had to buy a ew sparkplug from China) bus as soon as I try to accelerate it splutter and dies .

Christine H.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Why is oil pouring out when trying to cut wood
Brand new only used 10 min

Heath McInerney

By pouring out you mean???? I hope to not treat anybody like an idiot, but you do know that oil is put onto the chain to lubricate it. If you hold the saw "close" to a peace of wood and squeeze the trigger a small amount of oil will spray on the wood. Your tank of oil should last a little longer than a tank of fuel

Christine H.

yes we do know that the oil is put on chain to lubricate , but didn't think oil needed to lubricate handle and husbands shoes while using chainsaw.

Bill H.

Bill H.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I got a ferrex chainsaw for Father’s Day and it won’t run long enough to try it out can I return it for a refund ?

YES YOU CAN RETURN IT.

Colinb

Colinbasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Is ferrex synthetic 4 stroke oil suitable for this product or the ferrex chain & bar oil ?

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)