95 questions from our users

Joe M.

Joe M.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

My chain has come off how do I put it back on as never had one before?

Fired Up

Check the manual or contact them directly

Hans

Hansasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Have fueled the chainsaw and followed the starting instructions. The engine won't kick over. Had a look in the book and checked the spark plug lead, reconnected and tried again, still no start, there is no indication of engine firing. What is the next step?

Contact them directly obviously

TonyRasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you adjust saw blade tension,I can't move the green or black wheels?

TonyR

Sorted. Easy when you actually work out how!

Alan C

Alan Casked

Petrol Chainsaw

What oil do I use in this?

George P.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

I have a Gardenline 37cc chainsaw its equipped with a Ruixing carburettor - I need to know the following:
1. What model in the Ruixing carburettor?
2. Where can I buy a suitable replacement gasket kit and a complete carburettor servicing kit - IE gaskets, needle and seat etc.

Marja k.

Marja k.asked

Are there any petrol chainsaws as of today 27/03

George P.

(1)what brand of carburettor does a Gardenline 37cc chainsaw have?
(2) where can I buy carburettor gasket replacement kit?

John Leitnerasked

Petrol Chainsaw

My 45cc Ferrex chainsaw, I cannot adjust the chain, brake is off but nothing turns, red ring or even the black dial just no movement

Sue

I had same problem, took it to repairer who said ALDI garden tools were virtually not fixable. No parts available. Even though it was under warranty the serviceman for Aldi was too far away to bother taking it. We threw it away and the blower vac also from Aldi which stopped working after 6 months. My advice is learn from our mistakes and stop buying Aldi garden tools it’s just not worth the hassle

John Leitner

Hi Sue, Thanks for your reply, but my unit was only used once, so decided to lokk myself - 30 mins later with a lot of elbow grease, I finally got the black dial released. pulled the components apart and lubricated. It is now working better than new and works really well.

john b

john basked

Petrol Chainsaw

why is petrol is leaking when I turn the chainsaw on its side?

Sue

We gave up after taking it to a serviceman for repair who said it wasn’t worth fixing and can’t get parts. We through it out!

Ted Sasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where can I get a new ignition coil for my gardenline chainsaw ?

Ted S

where can I get an ignition coil for my garden line chainsaw ?

Kim

Petri M.asked

Wesley W.

Wesley W.asked

26cc Chainsaw (Oct 2014)

How does the oil get to the blade? I can't find any sign of oil coming through. Ive taken the bar off and cleaned everything but still can't see where the oil is supposed to come from.

Lindsay W.

Lindsay W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Hi Do you have a parts list and user manual for the above chainsaw.

ASHRAF A.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

i bought from both brand Gardenline and ferrex but i need spare parts like chain and bars where i can find them? i appreciate if you can forward a number where i can find spare parts

accadakka
accadakka

chain... you can buy from Bunnings. Just count the number of links

and what about the bar

ASHRAF A.

the chain bar< Where can i get it from?

Mateygeese

Mateygeeseasked

54.6cc Chainsaw (Apr 2017)

Is this model still available

L Goldie

L Goldieasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where is the mixture screw on my model number is csp41?

Michelle W.

Michelle W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

what oil do you put in to the chainsaw? is it the oil that came in the box?

2 stroke oil from bunnings

RFBA

RFBAasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Can I use any bar and chain saw oil? No oil specs in the manual.

Heath McInerney

I wouldn't. Too sticky for engine bearings. Use engine oil for eg; 15w/40 or similar

Four stroke engine oil. Only

Colinb

Colinbasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

How do I get this chainsaw to run ? Finally got it started after many dramas and removing spark plug to clean it . Also the handle on pull cord snapped as it hit the saw body on recoil . Finally got it started , cut one branch & then it died ..
I’m prepared for some problems with a low priced item but I at least expect it to start & run

will

try different choke settings other than that i don't know why it dosent run

Tvertsin
Tvertsin

I have the same problem. it starts ok (though I had to buy a ew sparkplug from China) bus as soon as I try to accelerate it splutter and dies .

Christine H.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Why is oil pouring out when trying to cut wood
Brand new only used 10 min

Heath McInerney

By pouring out you mean???? I hope to not treat anybody like an idiot, but you do know that oil is put onto the chain to lubricate it. If you hold the saw "close" to a peace of wood and squeeze the trigger a small amount of oil will spray on the wood. Your tank of oil should last a little longer than a tank of fuel

Christine H.

yes we do know that the oil is put on chain to lubricate , but didn't think oil needed to lubricate handle and husbands shoes while using chainsaw.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives