117 questions from our users

Michael N.

Michael N.asked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

How do I remove the chain drive sprocket wheel to access and seal the panel screwed onto side of oil tank to stop the chain oil leaking out?

Derek J.

Derek J.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

what is fuel/oil mix ratio?

40:1

Lynne S.

Lynne S.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

The chain bar on the chain sure is locked on and we can’t tighten the chain either

Petendel

Petendelasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Hi Guys

Have a 4 stroke model purchased May last year. It won't run and seems to starved of fuel. Primer button only draws air. It leaks petrol when vertical with handle down. Broken Capillary? Has done about 10 hours work. Next step? Location is near Melbourne metro area.

Chainsaw user

In the manual it should have a number to call for after sales support, they’ll be able to service and repair it

William Anderson

William Andersonasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

What size bar does this chainsaw have.

jason h.

jason h.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Does anyone know where to get a chainbar tensioner for the ferrex 50cc chainsaw??

Pat R.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

My Gardenline 41cc chainsaw is leaking petrol when turned on its side . Any answers?
Pat

Vkoio4

Pat, it's probably the fuel line having rotted as mine did. It can be replaced, although I had trouble finding an exact diameter match for it here in Oz. I had to use smaller stuff and make do, but it got mine up and running like a champ again. Good luck.

Pat R.

Thank you Vkoio4. Yes I opened the thing up and found the Fuel tank bung was out of place entirely ,so I cleaned it up and stuck it back with super glue. Also the oil tank bung was loose so it got repaired also. All working fine so far .. Fingers X 'd . it holds....Pat

Vkoio4

Well done Pat! If the superglue doesn't hold, I've had some patchy luck with using silicone in the past, but it doesn't particularly like petrol and oil.

phil

philasked

Vkoio4

Use the adjustment wheel on the side where the bar and chain are. It's the big round blob hanging off the side with gradations around its edge. You first loosen it by sliding the central arm thingy out with your thumb. This makes an extended lever that acts as a built-in spanner, and you can rotate the arm counter-clockwise to loosen the chain bar enough to allow it to move - but not too much or the bar will come off. Then click the outer rim of the wheel around clockwise (it's on a ratchet, so it only turns clockwise unless you pull the little ratchet device out of the way). Turning the wheel clockwise will tighten the chain. Don't overdo it. You want a bit of slack in the chain. Once you have it adjusted right, tighten the built-in spanner arm again by rotating it clockwise, nice and tight, then slide the arm back into place.

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

what type of oil should I use to mix with petrol in chainsaw

Mike O.
Mike O.

You can just use engine oil
Some use used.
Allededegly bespoke chainsaw oil is better, stickier?
I've used both. Only difference is on my wallet

Mark K.

Mark K.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

what type of oil to use to mix with petrol

Paulnasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I like using my garden line chainsaw. I have not needed to use it regularly, just a few times. However, When I recently used it it would not pump fuel using the bulb. It was always easy to start but now it's almost impossible. When it does start it does not run properly or go for very long - a few seconds. How do I get it repaired or what do I do? It's still under warranty.

Vkoio4

The fuel line has probably rotted, like mine. It's poor quality tubing. If you open the fuel tank cap and fish around in there with a hooked bit of wire, you might even discover that the filter/weight has come loose with a length of fuel line. If not, the line could be split elsewhere. You can take it back under warranty and consign it to landfill. Otherwise, if you're handy, you can replace the fuel line pretty easily. Take a bit in to a mower shop so they can match it up and buy a piece. Thread it through the hole in the tank that the old line went through, to the carby at one end and with the bulb/weight on the other end inside the tank. You just need enough slack inside the tank so that the filter/weight can roll around freely and reach all corners of the tank. You can even buy fuel line on eBay. I think these saws use ~4.5mm outside diameter, maybe 2mm inside (but it's rubber so you can get away with slightly different sizing). Good luck!

Pauln

Hi Vkoio. Thanks for the advice. Yep, the fuel line was broken. But not the one with the weight. It was the hose that returns from the primer pump back to the tank. I replaced it with really good hose but it is still sucking only air through the primer bulb. I then tested the hoses by disconnecting the primer hose from the carb and connected straight to the inlet hose (weighted) and it it pumps correctly, so the fuel line works properly now. However, the problem remains: the carburettor seems to be leaking air into the system, so I'm concerned that the carb has a problem, and it won't run properly because of the lack of fuel. I don't want to take the carby apart as I suspect that there are no spares anyway. I think I'll take it to the service centre. Can anybody tell me what do they do there, repair or replace?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply contact Aldi if it is under warranty?

warren.harris.94

warren.harris.94asked

Petrol Chainsaw

How does i get the chain tightened?

Rob

Robasked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you remove the petrol tank. ,mine is spilling fuel out as I fill it?

Karl V.

Karl V.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Bought 2 months ago, chain saw, went to use it to day, no start, pulled apart spark plug, got spark assembled, still no go used quick start spray, no start, found old chain saw, couldn't start it, sprayed quick start, it started, back to aldi chain saw, near broke my fingers trying to start, will not go, wth, returning it Monday, and buying name brand, any ideas, why it won't fire, if it has spark

klr_rider1
klr_rider1

I had the same problem with my Gardenline 2 stroke chainsaw. I changed the spark plug and also used a quick start spray, but nothing happened. I took the saw back to Aldi and received a full refund.

Another owner on this thread had the same problem and found that there was a faulty connection in the spark plug cap. He fixed the problem and started the saw.

Julie M.

Julie M.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

How do you tighten the chain on Aldi’s chainsaw Ferrex ?

Leo C.

Leo C.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

PS cant get a service help call? would anybody know a Aldi chainsaw service provider on the mid north coast near Kempsey

Leo C.

Leo C.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

ferrex latest chain saw, compression so much it has hurt my back trying to pull out the cord

Gail M.

Gail M.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

Where can l get a new pull start for my ferrex chainsaw

Sue
Sue

I don’t think you will be able to. We tried to get it fixed at a service centre and he couldn’t get parts. We threw it in the bin.

Tony W.

Tony W.asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 45cc Chainsaw (Apr 2016, Oct 2016, Aug 2017, Sep 2018, Oct 2019)

I have a chainsaw brought from Aldi’s with the adjustment set up not working where do we need to take to be repaired or replaced

Suzanne

Suzanneasked

Gardenline 50cc Chainsaw (Aug 2011-2015)

Hi where can I buy the chains to suit this model can’t seem to find them anywhere. What is the part number please