143 questions from our users

sandra davis

sandra davisasked

Petrol Chainsaw

I bought a chainsaw at Aldi Wanneroo - it never worked, the first time I tried the starter chord broke, I tried fixing it to no avail - still wouldn't start. Sadly I lost the receipt and the staff would do nothing to help me when I took it back. Very disappointed.

So really a review

Charlie Pasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Jen G

Jen Gasked

How to adjust chain in Model GCSG50F

Check your manual

Johnnyous D.

Johnnyous D.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

Where can I get a chain for my chainsaw at ?

Bunnings

deandownunderasked

Petrol Chainsaw

Would like to buy a spare bar for my 2020 Ferrex 16inch chainsaw. There must be generic bars that fit but cannot find info. Thanks for any help.

Bunnings

Thanks for replying.

Steve

Steveasked

Chainsaw user

It will say on the chain and the box

James

Jamesasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

What type of chainsaw oil to use on a 20v cordless pole saw?

Andy S

Andy Sasked

Where can i purchase an ignition module for Gardenline chainsaw PCS46Z

Chainsaw user

I assume you mean the starter assembly, if so eBay or aliexpress

JohnE

JohnEasked

Petrol Chainsaw

From where can I purchase a new 16" chain for my saw?

Chainsaw user

Bunnings or any other hardware/trade/chainsaw dealerships. Just make sure you bring a copy of the chain specs so you get the right one to fit the bar

Col Hasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 45cc Chainsaw (Apr 2016, Oct 2016, Aug 2017, Sep 2018, Oct 2019)

Thankyou Tezza for your previous answer. On further inspection I have found a crack in the oil delivery line. Are the two pipes available?

Yes, ebay

Col Hasked

My chainsaw loses oil so it doesn’t oil the chain.

tezza

Yes , they do leak a bit of oil; which looks a lot worse than it is; but I found that it still oils the chain. Checking the oil container regularily will ease your fears. Very annoying that they leak at all.

Col H

Thankyou Tezza. On further inspection I have found a crack in the oil delivery line. Are the two pipes available?

tezza

Sorry, I do not know of their availability ; possibly try Aldi. I must check my oil line now....

tezzaasked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I have not used this saw for a year. Old fuel has been replaced but still will not rev more than idle. Appears to be fuel deprived. Any suggestions please...

Google how to tune it

Garry Fahnle

Garry Fahnleasked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Hello I bought a gardenline chain saw 2 years ago and I only used it 2 times. I tried to start it to cut some trees down but it will not start. I have changed petrol and spark plug use start fluid and still it will not start. Where do I take it to get repaired? I took it to mowers galore and they would not even look at it. Please tell me what to do I don’t know what is wrong with it and don’t know who will look at it. I just like it to work. Garry

Chainsaw user

Google how to tune a chainsaw

Col Hasked

My chainsaw loses oil so it doesn’t oil the chain.

John R. M.asked

Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I purchased an Aldi chainsaw 2020, I cannot start the machine as I do not have the strength to start the unit. It has kicked back and thrown me on a couple of attempts to start the saw.
How can I fix this saw so I can fix it for me to be able to start instead of waiting for stronger people to start it.

Chainsaw user

Either return it or buy an “estart” module from eBay

John R. M.asked

Chainsaw user

That’s just how chainsaws work. Your only option is to return it and buy a chainsaw that uses e-start technology as these are very easy to pull

John R. M.

Should ALDI advertise the fact that this chainsaw is not an E-Start technology machine , but high compression unit.
I assume E-Start technology is a decompression switch like large cc motor bikes have.

Chainsaw user

Sort of, it is unusual that this chainsaw has a high compression as it’s a pretty small engine. E-start is essentially a dual coil pull starter so you pull the cord which charges up one coil and when you get to the end of the pull it releases all the energy into the second coil which turns the motor

warren.harris.94

warren.harris.94asked

Gardenline / Ferrex 4-Stroke 47.1cc Chainsaw (Aug 2018, Aug 2019)

I brought the chainsaw last year but I used only once and the chain came off since then I have tried everything to adjust the chain but to no avail what can I do?

Chainsaw user

You didn’t have the chain tight enough, put it back on and tighten if

Victor G.

Victor G.asked

Can I use it in my 4 stroke motorbike

Reviewer R.

Why would you need a chainsaw in a motor bike?

Sayad U.

Sayad U.asked

Chainsaw user

Screw on the button, will be labeled

lucas l.

lucas l.asked

Petrol Chainsaw

i purchased a ferrex/aldi chainsaw model cs 5300b-4. i need to know what type of 2 stroke oil to use.... fully synthetic, semi synthetic, mineral???? There is absolutely no recommendation anywhere in the info supplied.

Vkoio4
Vkoio4

As I understand it, best to start off with straight mineral oil Lucas. Synthetic oil is almost too good at first, and interferes with the piston rings abrading the honed cylinder bore, a critical process called 'bedding in'. If you use synthetic oil during the run-in period, you risk glazing the bore and might never have properly bedded-in rings and piston. The same kind of process is at work in bearings too. So run several tanks worth of a straight mineral mix at least, then later in the life of the saw you can move to synthetic if you want to. Whether it's money well spent is an open question with an Aldi chainsaw. Chances are something else is going to break before the engine wears out, but still... you never know.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Petrol Chainsaw