Australia Post Travel Insurance

42 questions from our users

Penny D.

Penny D.asked

Travel Insurance

I had to cancel a travel insurance with you & couldn't get a refund from you - what I would like to know is that now that I am able to go on my cruise is it possible to have that unused policy transferred to my new travel date
Kind regards Robert

Hi Penny,

Please reach out to our team on 1300 728 015 so they can help you with your question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

Travel Insurance

travelling overseas in September want to know if helicopter flights, one in Iceland, one Grand Canyon USA or covered under policy or do I need to take out extra cover. jeff townsend

Robert Gardiner
Robert Gardiner

I'm not sure about that Jeff as we didn't do any helicopter flights and I didn't pay attention to that. There were policy add-ons for various higher risk activities but I don't recall helicopter flights being one of them. The info will be in the PDS though and you can probably download that from the website.

Priscila L.Australia Post

Hi Jeff, just replied to your other question :)

jeff townsend

jeff townsendasked

Travel Insurance

We already have year long travel insurance and wanted to know for my next trip I am doing two helicopter flights, one Nepal and one USA, Arizona to the Colorado river Grand canyon. Do I need to take extra cover for these flights? OR can I take out extra cover to cover these flights? Jeff Townsend. [details removed] Thanks jeff

Hi Jeff,

Recommend speaking to our Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 so they can give you accurate info on this, you can get an online quote here - https://auspost.com.au/travel-insurance

Geordie C.

Geordie C.asked

Travel Insurance

does auspost travel insurance cover international cruises ?

Cat S.
Cat S.

They do, but I made a claim and it took three months before I received the funds. I wouldn't recommend them, despite being competitive

Hi Geordie,

We do!

Jodie M.

Jodie M.asked

is Australia Post covering volcano Atm

Sami M.Australia Post

Hey Jodie,

It'll be best to contact the Travel Insurance team directly for further assistance with this one. Their number is 1300 728 015.

Richard W.

Richard W.asked

Travel Insurance

Hello if im sick in thailand do i have to pay and then get reimbursed back in Australia or will you cover that while im there

Steve Pope
Steve Pope

Yes you pay , send Receipts and they reimburse you.

Sami M.Australia Post

Hey Richard,

I recommend getting in touch with the Travel Insurance team directly for advise on what you are covered for and the procedure for getting reimbursement. You can call them on 1300 728 015.

Pan

Panasked

Travel Insurance

I’m travelling to Bali 8 days and have copd do you cover and what is the added cost?

Robynasked

Travel Insurance

Is a river cruise on the Murray River South Australia considered a “cruise”?

Hey Robyn,

Thanks for your question. I'm not 100% sure on this so I recommend contacting the Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 to check.

Robyn

Dear Sami You work for Australia Post ... can’t you contact the team and find out for me please?

Harry H.
Harry H.

Good day everybody my name is Janine Labistour am from West Virginia few years back i was financially strained i rushed to my bank to apply for a loan to start up business unfortunately i was denied by my bank because of my credit score and they could not help and due to my desperation i have been scammed by several online lenders who promised to help me but at the end i end up been a victim of scam i lost lot of money and my hope because i was so frustrated, One day when i was going through the internet again i found one lender call Mr Harry Herman i thought to give it a try one more time to my biggest surprise he was able to lend me a secure loan totally the amount of $200,000.00 for the first time in my life i realize that there are few lender who don't scam people his name is Mr Harry Herman i will advice any body that are in need of loan to contact him with his Email (prudencefinancial2019@gmail.com) he can be able to help you because he was a God sent to me this year and i will never forget him for the help he render to me.

Phone Number: +1 (469) 701-9350 OR +1 (848) 202-7955
WhatsApp: +1 (848) 202-7955

God bless him
Janine Labistour

Lesley

Lesleyasked

Travel Insurance

As not mentioned in your PDS what is the age limit on an annual travel insurance policy? Please answer rather than direct me to your consultants thanks. Lesley

Hey Lesley,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I do not have access to the information required to answer this question, only the customer service consultants in the travel insurance team can help with this one. You can call them on 1300 728 015.

nev

nevasked

Hi there,
Are we covered from when we pay for the insurance policy? I'm thanking of deposits and payments made before the trip actually begins. Are we covered for that period, or only whilst on the trip itself?
Thanks,
Neville Bull.
[details removed]

Hey Nev,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. We recommend you call the Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 for further assistance with this if you haven't already done so.

Winsy

Winsyasked

Travel Insurance

Good morning . Does Australia Post TRavel insurance cover Helicopter evacuation from a cruse ship if needed for medical reasons ? Not getting sick but my Travel Agent said to ask Thank you Gayle

Hi Gayle,

I definitely recommend giving our Travel Insurance team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can clarify this with you :)

deniceasked

Travel Insurance

Why does Australia post only pay 15-16% of claims? It seems other travel insurance companies pay around 84%
Thats a huge difference.

Hi Denice,

If you've got questions about our claims payout eligibility or anything related like that, I recommend giving our Travel Insurance team a call on 1300 728 015.

SafetyCross
SafetyCross

Hi Denice. I am not sure where you are getting these figures from. I suggest you talk to Australia Post and compare them to other insurance companies yourself.

neale

nealeasked

Travel Insurance

we, my wife and I, aged 84 and 81 are planning a cruise to New Guinea for 11 days 3rd-14th Feb 2019, I am to have a stent valve replacement this month and assume all will go well. I am otherwise in very good health, attending gym twice a week for past 7 years. Our daughter in law, a nurse manager, will be in our party. Can I get a quote?

Hi Neale,

Sure, you can get a Travel Insurance quote on our website here https://auspost.poweredbycovermore.com/ or by giving the team a call on 1300 728 015.

denice

You can get a quote. But you wont be paid a claim if you have trouble with your stent valve - Australia post only pay 16% of claims. Second worst in Australia! Use insure and go instead

denice

Australia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitamate claims Use another provider for now until the outcome has been finalised.

Oscar

Oscarasked

Travel Insurance

Travelling to Bali in July.
Would like to confirm that if the warning for Mt Agung is downgraded, even though I buy my insurance today, I will be covered?
Regards.

Hi Oscar,

I suggest you give our dedicated team a call on 1300 728 015 (Monday to Friday 8am-7pm EST, Saturday 9am-4pm EST and Sunday 10am-3pm EST) to discuss this further.

denice

No, you wont be covered. We found out the hard way.

Lorraine thomas

Lorraine thomasasked

Quote plz?

Hey Lorraine,

You can get a Travel Insurance quote on our website here https://auspost.poweredbycovermore.com/ or by giving the team a call on 1300 728 015.

christoper

christoperasked

hi dear,

I will be leaving Australia for good to go back to Germany.
in my way back I will travel asia, can I be covered by your insurance?
thanks

Hi Christopher,

I highly recommend giving our insurance team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can help you out with this.

denice

Australia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitimate claims - Use another provider for now until the outcome has been finalised.

Shz

Shzasked

Travel Insurance

I attended the Bairnsdale, Victoria post office to get a quote for cruise travel insurance cover for 10 days. Half way through the quote, the employee said to me "oh, you are 65 years old, we don't have cover for 65 years and over. Then I saw on a cruise site that Australia Post does cover 65+ years. Can you please confirm?

Hi Shz,

There isn't anything in the product disclosure statement saying we won't insure for persons aged over 65. I'd recommend giving the team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can confirm this for you.

Pip
Pip

We have taken out travel insurance with Australia Post a number of times and we are both over 65. And a claim we made was paid in full in late 2017 by APO travel insurance. So I think Bairnsdale PO might have a misinformed staff member!

Steve Ballast

Australia post only have a pay out rate of 15%. I recommend going with another provider.

kerryroyce

kerryroyceasked

Travel Insurance

If my travel partner ( not a spouse ) has a serious illness and cannot travel can I cancel the trip and be reimbursed for any monies paid?

Hi Kerry,

Hi Kerri,

That means no. Australia post only pay 15% of claims.

Sharon

Sharonasked

Travel Insurance

We are travelling to Bali on 7th Jan 2018 and have previously taken out travel insurance with Auspost. Are Auspost now providing cover in relation to the volcano in Bali?

Scotty

No. Australia post are currently being investigated about many claims they are not paying out concerning the bali volcano. You are better off picking another insurance company. You wont get your money back, but its a small price to pay if you have to make a claim.

Hi Sharon,

Scotty

Thats a nice way of saying no Sharon.

Mel. S

Mel. Sasked

Travel Insurance

I booked travel insurance on the 17/10/17 with Australia Post. We are supposed to be flying out of Sydney on Friday 1/12/17 to Bali. Where do I stand please? I can also message policy number if required. We have paid for holiday package in full. Flights, Transfers and accommodation.
Kind Regards Melissah

Hi Melissah,

Please call 1300 728 015 to discuss the inclusions and exclusions of your insurance coverage and the claim process.

Alice

Scotty

No. Australia post are being investigated for not paying legitimate claim for bali.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives