Australia Post Travel Insurance

Australia Post Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

38 questions from our users

is Australia Post covering volcano Atm
Hey Jodie, It'll be best to contact the Travel Insurance team directly for further assistance with this one. Their number is 1300 728 015. ~Sami

Hello if im sick in thailand do i have to pay and then get reimbursed back in Australia or will you cover that while im there
Yes you pay , send Receipts and they reimburse you.Hey Richard, I recommend getting in touch with the Travel Insurance team directly for advise on what you are covered for and the procedure for getting reimbursement. You can call them on 1300 728 015. ~Sami

I’m travelling to Bali 8 days and have copd do you cover and what is the added cost?

As not mentioned in your PDS what is the age limit on an annual travel insurance policy? Please answer rather than direct me to your consultants thanks. Lesley
Hey Lesley, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I do not have access to the information required to answer this question, only the customer service consultants in the travel insurance team can help with this one. You can call them on 1300 728 015. ~Sami

Hi there, Are we covered from when we pay for the insurance policy? I'm thanking of deposits and payments made before the trip actually begins. Are we covered for that period, or only whilst on the trip itself? Thanks, Neville Bull. [details removed]
Hey Nev, Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. We recommend you call the Travel Insurance team on 1300 728 015 for further assistance with this if you haven't already done so. ~Sami

Good morning . Does Australia Post TRavel insurance cover Helicopter evacuation from a cruse ship if needed for medical reasons ? Not getting sick but my Travel Agent said to ask Thank you Gayle
Hi Gayle, I definitely recommend giving our Travel Insurance team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can clarify this with you :) Roxy

Why does Australia post only pay 15-16% of claims? It seems other travel insurance companies pay around 84% Thats a huge difference.
Hi Denice, If you've got questions about our claims payout eligibility or anything related like that, I recommend giving our Travel Insurance team a call on 1300 728 015. RoxyHi Denice. I am not sure where you are getting these figures from. I suggest you talk to Australia Post and compare them to other insurance companies yourself.

we, my wife and I, aged 84 and 81 are planning a cruise to New Guinea for 11 days 3rd-14th Feb 2019, I am to have a stent valve replacement this month and assume all will go well. I am otherwise in very good health, attending gym twice a week for past 7 years. Our daughter in law, a nurse manager, will be in our party. Can I get a quote?
Hi Neale, Sure, you can get a Travel Insurance quote on our website here https://auspost.poweredbycovermore.com/ or by giving the team a call on 1300 728 015. RoxyYou can get a quote. But you wont be paid a claim if you have trouble with your stent valve - Australia post only pay 16% of claims. Second worst in Australia! Use insure and go insteadAustralia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitamate claims Use another provider for now until the outcome has been finalised.

Travelling to Bali in July. Would like to confirm that if the warning for Mt Agung is downgraded, even though I buy my insurance today, I will be covered? Regards.
Hi Oscar, I suggest you give our dedicated team a call on 1300 728 015 (Monday to Friday 8am-7pm EST, Saturday 9am-4pm EST and Sunday 10am-3pm EST) to discuss this further. RoxyNo, you wont be covered. We found out the hard way.Australia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitamate claims Use another provider for now until the outcome has been finalised.

Quote plz?
Hey Lorraine, You can get a Travel Insurance quote on our website here https://auspost.poweredbycovermore.com/ or by giving the team a call on 1300 728 015. Roxy

hi dear, I will be leaving Australia for good to go back to Germany. in my way back I will travel asia, can I be covered by your insurance? thanks
Hi Christopher, I highly recommend giving our insurance team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can help you out with this. RoxyAustralia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitimate claims - Use another provider for now until the outcome has been finalised.

I attended the Bairnsdale, Victoria post office to get a quote for cruise travel insurance cover for 10 days. Half way through the quote, the employee said to me "oh, you are 65 years old, we don't have cover for 65 years and over. Then I saw on a cruise site that Australia Post does cover 65+ years. Can you please confirm?
Hi Shz, There isn't anything in the product disclosure statement saying we won't insure for persons aged over 65. I'd recommend giving the team a call on 1300 728 015 so they can confirm this for you. RoxyWe have taken out travel insurance with Australia Post a number of times and we are both over 65. And a claim we made was paid in full in late 2017 by APO travel insurance. So I think Bairnsdale PO might have a misinformed staff member!Australia post only have a pay out rate of 15%. I recommend going with another provider.

If my travel partner ( not a spouse ) has a serious illness and cannot travel can I cancel the trip and be reimbursed for any monies paid?
Hi Kerry, I suggest you give our dedicated team a call on 1300 728 015 (Monday to Friday 8am-7pm EST, Saturday 9am-4pm EST and Sunday 10am-3pm EST) to discuss this further. RoxyHi Kerri, That means no. Australia post only pay 15% of claims.

We are travelling to Bali on 7th Jan 2018 and have previously taken out travel insurance with Auspost. Are Auspost now providing cover in relation to the volcano in Bali?
No. Australia post are currently being investigated about many claims they are not paying out concerning the bali volcano. You are better off picking another insurance company. You wont get your money back, but its a small price to pay if you have to make a claim.Hi Sharon, I suggest you give our dedicated team a call on 1300 728 015 (Monday to Friday 8am-7pm EST, Saturday 9am-4pm EST and Sunday 10am-3pm EST) to discuss this further. RoxyThats a nice way of saying no Sharon.

I booked travel insurance on the 17/10/17 with Australia Post. We are supposed to be flying out of Sydney on Friday 1/12/17 to Bali. Where do I stand please? I can also message policy number if required. We have paid for holiday package in full. Flights, Transfers and accommodation. Kind Regards Melissah
Hi Melissah, Please call 1300 728 015 to discuss the inclusions and exclusions of your insurance coverage and the claim process. AliceNo. Australia post are being investigated for not paying legitimate claim for bali.

I took out insurance on 19th September but want to cancel my holiday to bali. Am I covered I took out the $10000 cancelation cover?
Hi Shazez, Please contact our travel insurance experts on 1300 728 015 Monday to Friday (8am-7pm EST), Saturday (9am-4pm EST) and Sunday (10am-3pm EST) for help with this question. RoxyWe got the same policy which was rejected for no reason. Australia post only pay 15% of claims. Most other have a 60-70% payout. Big difference!

It's being reported that a volcano is rumbling in Bali .. we have purchased travel insurance with Aust Post and wondered what would we be covered for in the event it disrupts our holidays?

Does this insurance cover travel costs if the volcano is erupting ash and you can't fly
Hi Tanya, Please contact our travel insurance experts on 1300 728 015 Monday to Friday (8am-7pm EST), Saturday (9am-4pm EST) and Sunday (10am-3pm EST) for help with this question. RoxyDefinately not. Australia post are currently under investigation for not paying legitimate claims regarding the Bali volcano.

What is standard excess on Domestic Travel Insurance?
Hi Haggis, Please contact our travel insurance experts on 1300 728 015 Monday to Friday (8am-7pm EST), Saturday (9am-4pm EST) and Sunday (10am-3pm EST) for help with this question. Roxy

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives