Booktopia Questions & Answers

118 questions from our users

LBK

LBKasked

hi,
we have a Sony e'reader, is this compatible with Booktopia "E" books or is it too old and outdated?
LBK

Hi LBK,

Our ebooks require either the Booktopia app or Adobe Digital Editions. I'm not sure if your ereader would be compatible. To see all the information on accessing ebooks from us go to https://www.booktopia.com.au/helpCentre.ep?p=eBooks&o=accessing-your-ebook# And if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Rosetta Moors

Rosetta Moorsasked

how long to ship a book to country victoria?

Hi Rosetta,

Once an order has left our warehouse it gets to the rural areas of Victoria in between 3-4 business days for standard shipping and 1-2 days for express.

Caro

I live in WA and my books take about 7 working days to get to me. Enjoy.

Dylan C.

Dylan C.asked

if I can read books to see if I like them even without paying

Jules Dicker
Jules Dicker

Ha ha very funny (wouldn’t much point to a book business if you did that!)

Hi Dylan,

We have previews of some books available so you can get a feel for them. On the product page you can click on the cover image for a look inside. There are also some free ebooks available on our website too.

Bruna L.

Bruna L.asked

Hello, I have made an order on 03/08 but I didn't receive my books yet.

Ana da Silva
Ana da Silva

Chat to their online customer service they are pretty good

Hi Bruna,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting on your order! I can take a look at it for you, what's your order number?

Stace Lasked

Hello,

I ordered a book and need it quite urgently.
Aus Post claim they delivered the book but I have not received it.
Aus post are not helping me.
Is there anything you can do to help me?

Hi Stacey,

I've had a look at your order and I'll get in touch via email so we can resolve the issue.

Hello David,

Someone called me and we got it soughted.
Booktopia have very kindly replaced the book and delivering for free.
I know that you guys don’t have to do that so I am very grateful.
It is very appreciated.
Thanks so much.

Stace

Richard Metresasked

I seem to have lost my highlighting feature whilst reading my ebook. Please help.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Can you please tell me what device you're using?

an iPad.

Richard

Any comment?

Debra A.

Debra A.asked

How do I permanently remove books from get books. I delete them in the library but they are still there.

Hi Debra,

For a book to be permanently removed from get books we have to do it on an order level in our system. However, this means that you won't be able to re-download the book to any device (i.e. new phone, tablet) without paying for it again and we will not be refunding you your money if you do request it to be removed now. If you would still like to do this let me know. I'll need the order number that you bought it on.

Mikeasked

How do I save changes to font size in Settings on the Booktopia Reader App

Hi Mike,

Could you let me know which device you're using the app on? I'll be able to help more then.

I'm using a Mini iPad.

Hi Mike,

So the iPad system is a bit awkward. What you have to do is click the settings cogwheel which will bring up the settings window over the top of the book then make the changes you wish. When satisfied with the changes, tap the background to close the settings menu. This should save the settings. If you have any issues, let me know.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.asked

Can I transfer my eBooks between my booktopia app and my iBook app?

Hi Bruno,

Sorry but you can't transfer books between our app and another ebook app. All of our eBook's are Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected to ensure that they cannot be copied or reproduced. As an eBook vendor, we're not permitted to sell them without this protection as it's mandated by the publisher. The ACSM file manages the Digital Rights and the download of the Book, but it is not the eBook itself.

You need to use an application that supports ePubs from the vendor that sold you the eBook - in this case, Booktopia provides this through the Booktopia Reader app.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Shaniaasked

How can I permanently unsubscribe? Every time I press unsubscribe it says it's successful but the next day I get another promotional email. Every single day! I just want to stop the bloody emails and they won't let me unsubscribe or they lie and say it's been done when it hasn't

Bellbird
Bellbird

Sometimes it takes a few days for the unsubscribe to be processed, but this has happened to me with other companies and my solution is to send it to the “unwanted” file, or mark it as spam when yet another email arrives. I hope this helps.

Hi Shania,

If you log into your account on the website you can manage all your newsletter preferences from there. Or if you want to give me one of your past order numbers I can do that for you. Or if you want to send us a message on our website's live chat or on our social media accounts we can take care of it that way too.

Shania

I have no account with Booktopia not have I ordered from you. This is why I find it ridiculous I can’t unsubscribe

Emily C.

Emily C.asked

How long should I expect to wait for my Items to arrive?

UnhappyWithDelays
UnhappyWithDelays

I got my order within the week. It was as described on the website. It is usually specified on the same page as the details of the book.

Hi Emily,

Have you already ordered from us? If so, what's your order number and I can look into your order for you?

adele.love1asked

How can I organise my ebooks purchased from Booktopia?
I want to place them in order of Authors.

Hi there,

Are you using an Android or iOS device?

adele.love1

I’m using my iPad Pro, iOS device.

Hi again,

Thanks so much for confirming.

To sort the books by author go to the Library section and click the cogwheel icon at the top of the screen. Here you'll be able to change the sort order by Recent, Title or Author. You can also change the view to just display the book covers or to display the list with the titles.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Sylvia H.

Sylvia H.asked

I bought an e book, paid for it but when pressed get book the cover was there but no words on the pages

Hi Sylvia,

Try closing the app completely, then open it back up and tap the cover of the book. Make sure you swipe through a few pages and Chapter One should start.

If you have any other trouble with it be sure to get in touch with us via our Help Centre: https://www.booktopia.com.au/helpCentre.ep

John S.

John S.asked

How do you get the booktopia reader to choose a device, i have three on there but are clouded out and will not let me select one

Hi John,

The Booktopia Reader app isn't based on device but rather the authorisation information. You entered this information into the app when you first signed in but you can re-enter them by going to the Information section. Click sign out then you can sign back in.

If you have any trouble with this please let me know what your order number is and I'll help further.

Rob H

Rob Hasked

My name is Robert Hobbs, I am a new Australian author and I have had my book published by InHouse Publishing in Brisbane. My book is titled "Exploring the Wonders of Healing through Forgiveness". My book is in the genre of self help / Spirituality, however, it is not a religious book. I wish to have my book available in Booktopia. How do I go about achieving this?. sincerely Robert A Hobbs.

Hi Rob,

Please contact us via the Help Centre for further help with this. https://www.booktopia.com.au/helpCentre.ep

Elizabeth S.

Elizabeth S.asked

how do I delete a book, because I have several books which downloaded twice?

Melissa
Melissa

Gosh I don’t know as I’ve never downloaded from them before, maybe go into your account and look at your activity and see if you can fix it from there or contact customer support for help, but u may be waiting a while to hear back, good luck.

Hey Elizabeth,

If you're using the Booktopia Reader just click the trashcan icon in the top right corner then tap the delete icon on the left of the eBook. You'll get the option to delete the eBook, just tap this and it will remove the eBook from the library.

If you accidentally delete the wrong item just go to Get Books to re-download it.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Katherine H.asked

Am I supposed to keep waiting if it's been 11 days since I received an email saying my order will ship from Booktopia within 5-9 business days? I haven't heard back at all about my order. I've tried calling but get put on hold for a really long time. Also tried sending a message through the Contact Us page. Still nothing.

Hi Katherine,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Let me look into it for you, could I grab your order number please?

Katherine H.

Oh I got an email right after asking that the order has just been shipped. All good now thanks.

Kim D

Kim Dasked

how do i get a book purchased on booktopia.com on my kobo ereader?

Hi Kim,

You would need to download a program called Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) onto a PC first. Open the eBook in ADE and then connect your Kobo to the PC using the USB cord. You'll be able to transfer the eBook across within the ADE program.

Detailed instructions are here: https://www.booktopia.com.au/helpCentre.ep?p=eBooks&o=reader-app#

wenjie0155asked

I have asked for a refund and my order status is canceled but yet I still haven't received my money! This is frustrating me Please refund the money!!!!

Hi there,

Let me look into it for you, what's your order number?

Hi Wenjie,

Thanks for that. I've checked and I can confirm that the refund was completed on the 11/03/19.

Be sure to get in touch if there's anything else we can do.

Robyn C.asked

I’ve just bought a book from Booktopia opened the app & downloaded the book but when I turn pages to read they’re blank Apps on my IPad

Hi Robyn,

Sorry to hear this! Try this: Open the eBook in your Library and tap the middle of the screen once to bring the menu up. Along the green banner is an option for "Contents". Choose Chapter 1 and this will take you to the beginning of the book.

If you're still seeing blank pages after this let me know and I'll have someone get in touch with you. Please also let me know what your order number is.

It’s all fixed Jessica thanks

Get an answer from our members and Booktopia representatives