Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedbowwowinsurance.com.au🏆 2024 Award
Narelle C. · Peace of Mind

If I get the 3 months free that is currently offered for new customers, can I cancel my policy before the 3 months are up without being charged anything?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Narelle, You can cancel your policy with us at any time by contacting our customer service team at bowwow@petsure.com.au.

The cancellation will be effective once we provide you with a written confirmation of your request, either by email or letter.
If you’ve been paying your premiums annually, we’ll retain a portion of the premium that relates to the period that you’ve been insured. We’ll refund you the residual premium for the unexpired period (less any government or statutory charges that apply). We call this providing you a pro-rata refund, based on the number of days we insured you.
If you’ve been paying your premiums by instalment, there’s no premium refund for any remaining days of a current instalment period. No further premium instalments will be deducted.
Your cooling off cancellation rights apply when you buy your policy and also exist when your policy renews or is reissued following a change in your cover.

To learn more about our policies and the cancellation please see our PDS here:
external link

We hope this helps. Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thanks so much, Kerstin

Goldengirl
Goldengirl · Ultimate Care

Thinking about insuring with this company. How does this company perform with non related injuries? We just took our puppy into the vet after she was limping after a big play session. Vet had non conclusive answers as she was totally fine there (no limping), likely just over exerted herself . If she was to develop hip/elbow displasia at a later time (high risk breed), would this vet visit make it a pre-existing condition?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Goldengirl, thanks for getting in touch. As your question is related to a specific scenario, I will have to get our claims department to advise so I don't give you the incorrect information. I have sent your request to them and should hear back shortly. If you would like to get someone from our team to give you a call to discuss these concerns, please send me your best contact number and I will get someone to contact you. Kind Regards, Paige

Michelle
Michelle · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Just wondering if vaccinations and Desexing are covered

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Michelle, unfortunately, vaccinations and desexing are not covered under our policies. However, if you choose to add routine care to your cover, you can receive a $50 annual benefit for desexing and up to $30 for vaccinations. For more details on Routine Care, please see the following link external link . Hope this helps :)

Gabriela M. · Ultimate Care

Hey, I have a French Bulldog puppy, I would like to know if the insurance coves the BOAs surgery? Thank you

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Gabrielle, thanks so much for reaching out. This is a bit of a tricky one and I will need to get our team to look into this for you. I will get back to you. Thanks so much, Kerstin

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Depending on the level of cover you have / will sign up for, BOAS is generally covered under the illness section of the policy. Provided it is not a pre-existing Condition and your pet did not show any signs / symptoms of this condition prior to the policy commencement date or within the 30 days waiting period. Hope this helps :)

Thank you !!

maria l.
maria l. · Ultimate Care

I'm wondering ...my kitten is indoors cat..however cats may accidently run out ...would the indoors cover considered any accident happening outside the house?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Maria, the Indoor Cat plan does not include cover for accidental injury, so if you are concerned about injuries or accidents outside the house, we would suggest rather opting for a plan that includes accidental injury cover, such as our Peace of Mind or Ultimate Care plan.

Chrisbirman
Chrisbirman · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

With the 3 months free does that mean if you need to claim in the first three months you will be paid your amount depending on the cover taken.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Chris, yes if you need to claim within those three months, your claim will be processed depending on your level of cover you have taken out. Hope this helps. All the best from the Bow Wow team :)

Narelle C.

If we cancel our policy within the 3 free months, are we charged for leaving?

To learn more about our policies and the cancellation please see our PDS here:
external link

We hope this helps. Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thanks so much, Kerstin

Camille J.
Camille J. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi there, if an accident or illness occurs do we have to pay everything out of pocket upfront?

Chelsea B
Chelsea B

Yes. And then collect all your invoices, tests and medical history and attach them when making a claim.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Camille, if your vet is registered for GapOnly claiming, then you have the option to get your claim processed while you wait at your vet clinic, and only pay the gap between the vet bill and your rebate. You can read more about this here: external link
If your vet does not offer GapOnly claiming, then yes, you will need to pay the full vet bill and submit your claim to us. We then rebate you for the eligible component of your claim.

lin x.
lin x. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

hi, my dog had surgery for the Ingestion of a foreign object. Would it be treated as a pre-existing condition? Thanks.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Lin, thanks for getting in touch. Generally, that would be considered an accidental injury or illness. However, to provide you with more accurate information, I would have to get our customer service team to check for you as I do not have access to your vet history. Can you please send me your policy number and I will get our team to look into this for you? Alternatively, you can call 1800 668 502 and they can advise you on this matter. Kind Regards, Paige

Hannah P.
Hannah P. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi, I am just wondering if you cover Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) surgery for Peace of Mind policy? And does this include the 5/5 - nares widening, palate shortening, palate thinning, laryngeal saccule removal and tonsil removal?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Hannah, sincere apologies in the delayed response. The surgery is generally covered as long the related condition is not a Pre-existing condition and not part of the General exclusions. If you need further clarification or specific details related to your policy, please contact our call centre on 1800 668 502. Have a great weeekend!

Julz
Julz · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Does your insurance cover cremation cost

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Julz, thanks for contacting us! No, unfortunately cremation is not covered under our policies. However, you can add Routine Care to your plan and receive a $50 annual benefit for cremation. More information on this can be found by following this link external link . All the best from the Bow Wow team :)

sue-ellen t. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

I have peace of mind coverage, does that cover boas surgery if needed down the track or do I need different coverage

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Sue-ellen, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Surgery is covered but it depends on several factors including what type of surgery Boa needed and whether or it is due to a pre-existing condition. If there is a specific surgery Boa needs and you would like to know if you are covered, please send us through your policy number and I can get our team to check for you. All the best, Bow wow Meow :)

sue-ellen t.

I understand that it wouldn’t be covered if it is a pre existing condition but after going over my policy several times I still don’t understand what the other exclusion factors are. I didn’t even realise there are different levels of surgery for Boa. My dog is just a pup and hopefully I never need to make a claim but am trying to prepare for the most common surgeries needed for the breed to make sure I have the level of insurance that will benefit him most. My policy number is
P359 1421 3271 5906
Thank you.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Thanks for providing those extra details Sue-ellen. Can you please also forward your contact number and email? I would like to get one of our team members to call you and discuss this matter. Thanks in advance!

Carla
Carla · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

I have a question regarding cruciate repair on my dog. My policy only covers $2600 annually for cruciate repair. If I’ve paid $6000 for the operation would the $200 excess I have to pay come off that $6000 or from my benefit of $2600, making it then really only $2400 back from insurance? Thanks in advance

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Carla, Thank you for contacting us. Yes you are correct. We take the Excess off the benefit amount paid. So if you have $200 excess and make a claim which is coverable, you will get back $2,400 in the policy period. Kind Regards, Bow Wow Meow :)

Debra M.
Debra M. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

I recently joined Bow wow Pet insurance last year. I am a retired vet nurse and have recommended bow wow pet insurance to clients over the years with good feed back.. So I thought I better practice what I preach....
I insured 4 cats and 1 dog last year and I am still having trouble logging into my account..
I have rung the 1800 668 502 pet insurance line a few times and they have been helpful and they have tried to sort it out for me re logging in plus they have sent me an email confirming details of my insurance but with the wrong animals name on it and I still cant log in. Just wondering if someone could help me get it sorted.

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Debra, Thank you for contacting us! We are very sorry to hear that you have had trouble accessing the portal. I would like to get someone to sort this out for you ASAP. Can you please send an email to help@bowwow.com.au with a copy of this question as well as your policy numbers and I will have someone from our team look into it? Thanks in advance, the Bow Wow team :)

Jayda · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi, we have had Bow Wow insurance since 23 September 2018 when our American Bulldog was 2 mths old. We decided to cancel it in September 2021. Our dog starting having issues with her elbow in August 2021 and we took her to the vet to get treated but did not claim. Now she requires a CT scan and possible operation for her elbow and we are wondering if we reinstate our policy if this will be covered and if there is a waiting period. Thanks Jayda

Jayda

Thanks this has been sorted

Jayda · Peace of Mind

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Jayda, we are sorry to hear about your dog's elbow issues. We would like to understand more and discuss your situation with you further.

Would it be possible to send us an email with your policy number and best contact number please so we can get in touch? Please send it to help@bowwow.com.au

Thanks so much, Lindsey.

M. Richardson
M. Richardson · Ultimate Care

Does the insurance increase every year? If so how much?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi M. Richardson, yes, the policy does increase each year as the premium is risk graded and age is one of the variables that impact risk. The increase depends on a few variables such as claims and vet inflation which is why the premium increase is only investigated closer to the renewed date. We wouldn't know at this stage what the increase would be.

Dennis P.
Dennis P. · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

how do i make a claim

Annie
Annie

Very easy. Login to the customer portal and upload your receipt

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Dennis and thanks Annie, here is the link to the portal: external link

Anna W
Anna W · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

What is the waiting period for hip dysplaisia?

LisaBeesa
LisaBeesa

Not sure how long for that, depends if pre-existing, I would imagine... they cover up to $7,600 for hip surgery though and they do cover total hip replacement on some of the policies. Best call them on 1800 668 502 for all the info!

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Anna, there is no specific waiting period for Hip Dysplasia although it is subject to the standard 30 policy Waiting Period and the pre-existing condition exclusion.

Deda
Deda · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi, My 12 year old dog has been on medication for over a year for a back condition. As it is now well over my excess, I would like to make a claim. Is there a time frame limit where I would have had to put in a claim? To explain this, would it be too late to attempt to claim from January 2020. My insurance is due every April. Thank you

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Deda, no this will be fine. However, I suggest doing it as soon as you can. The Bow Wow Meow Team

Eliza Smith
Eliza Smith · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Does the $300 sub limit for consultations mean that if my pet has an ongoing issue that requested a consultation every 6 weeks or so, I will only receive $300 for this even though it could cost me a thousand?

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance   DM

Hi Eliza, yes...consultations have a sub limit of $300 per policy period. However, most of the accident and illness conditions cover up to the annual benefit limit specific to the policy taken.

Get an answer from our members and Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question