Centurion Garage Doors Questions & Answers

247 questions from our users

clintwright82

clintwright82asked

Good day. I am busy with the setup up of my roller door(centurion system). The garage door rolls up no problem but when i try closing it just stops and the red light flickers? Thought maybe theres too much tension or too little tension on the tensioning spring on the shaft? Any ideas?

Good Morning Clint,
If you run the door manually by hand it will tell you if the tension is correct.
Generally if over tensioned once you lift it, the door will want to get away from you and open by itself. If under tensioned it will fall back to the ground from half way open. If the door runs free and is balanced you may then have an opener issue. In this case it would be best to contact our office on 9302 7500 and schedule a service.

Richard M.

Richard M.asked

Is there an easy way to re-learn the Door Limits on an SDO4, i.e. without having to disconnect the battery, after using the door in manual it can leave a 3" gap in the door close position, hence it is a pain to have to unscrew the battery cover and disconnect the battery to do a factory reset

Good Morning Richard,
You can follow these steps to complete a factory reset:-
2. Turn opener off at the power
3. As you turn the power back on, briefly hold the RED learn button in (approximately 5 seconds) then release.
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the white light on
5. Door will close, then open, the close again by itself.

On the last close of the door factory re-set is complete and the door will function as it should. If you are still experiencing issues please contact our office to schedule a technician out to assess.

James R.
James R.

Had the same issue tonight. Thanks for the reset steps.

Ebrahim A.

Ebrahim A.asked

Hi there

My door opens via remote, and then the light continues flashing, with a continual clicking sound on the control box. Pressing the red override switch or depressing it for a few seconds causes the light to continue flashing faster. The door does not close with either the manual switch nor the remote.

After a few minutes, pressing the manual switch for a few seconds or the remote causes the door to close.

Please assist?

Good Morning Ebrahim,

Dally C.asked

Hi, My garage door won't fully close. It will go down full to the ground but will automatically go up again and stop midway, around half meter high. It started when we accidentally close it with the car obstructing the door. We fixed car parking but now this garage door opening/closing problem. Please help, thanks in advance.

Good Morning Dally,

Dally C.

Hi Brenda, Thanks for your quick response and support, very much appreciated. Cheers.

Ben

Benasked

I have installed a centurion door lock which has been working very well over the years. I wanted to change the security code however i'v misplaced the manual. Please could you kindly send me a copy of the manual?

Good Morning Ben,
Are you describing a locking mechanism on the door or a wireless key pad? Please confirm.

rupak s.

rupak s.asked

Hi Centurion, I have a centurion garage door with avanti motor. My garage door suddenly stopped working. There is no power in the motor. I checked the outlet and the outlets are still supplying power.

Good morning Rupak,
There are a number of reasons this could happen. Could you please check the fuse to see if it has blown? It may be your trip switch could you please check this too? Is there anything displaying on the back of your motor which may have an error code? If it is none of the above I would you suggest you call our service department and we can book a technician to come out and assess the problem, please call 9302 7500.

Phil

Philasked

An Avanti MPS 12 has a continually flashing green led. The door is functioning without apparent fault excepting the led. I've tried the reprogram (learn) process with two separate remotes - this tends to stop the led flashing.....until the door is operated, then the flashing reoccurs. Can someone assist?

Good Afternoon Phil,
This may be an indication that your door has become too heavy for the opener. This can occur when a service is overdue. Please call our offices on 9302 7500 to book a service or email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au and I can email you the Avanti manual and trouble shooting guide.

Aaron B.asked

Hi I need to change the light globe for my Centurion DPS 12, which one should I get?

Aaron B.

I actually have the globe, but when I try to install it, it doesnt seem to go deep enough to twist and hold in. What should I do in this case?

Good Morning Aaron,
The globe that you need to install needs to be either a Narva brand globe part number 47339 if there is a single contact or a Narva 47333 if there is a double contact. These globes are not expensive and are available at all auto shops.

Troy J.asked

Hi there my garage door will not come off L.L after doing the steps to reset it after it wouldnt close properly

Good Afternoon Troy,

Troy J.

Hi there it still wont come off L.L and flashing even when I unplug it. The light will stop flashing but I can still open and close the door like its hard wired or has a battery

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Hi Troy, the best would be for your to book a technician to come out and access. Please call us on 9302 7500 and we can schedule a technician for you.

Brian S.asked

I have Centurion sectional door and the light on the motor does not automatically go out.

Afternoon Brian,
The light should switch off automatically after approximately 3 minutes. Have you replaced the globe lately? It may be that you used the incorrect globe. If not we may need to attend to assess. Please call our office on 9302 7500 so we can schedule a technician to attend.

Brian S.

Yes I just moved in and the globe was blown. I replaced it with a led 240v edison screw. What globe should I use?

Good Morning Brian,
The globe required is an automotive globe (truck tail light) - Narva brand.

Single contact - part number 47339
Double contact - part number 47333

This globe can be purchased at most automotive stores like Repco and Supercheap.

Mooasked

Hi, I am having trouble opening my door by remote ( recently changed the battery, will open by run button) after the power went out . Tried to recode the remotes but the led light is blinking consistently, any suggestions are welcome

Good morning,
It sounds like the remote needs to be reset.
To do this please follow these simple instructions:-
1. Open the door slightly with remote , or the light on the opener
2. Hold the red learn button until the display changes to LL
3. Then press remote or light, The door will close then open fully then close again on its own.
4. When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
5. Your door will now work as normal.

Please let me know if this was any help. Or you can call our service department on 9302 7500 and we will endeavour to help you over the phone.

Awesome thank you so much , that worked . Yay

Carla S.

Carla S.asked

Hi Centurion! I have an Avanti on our roller door and it only opens halfway then displays E6 error code. If we help keep pressure on the door, it goes up all the way and has no trouble coming back down. Hope you can help us fix the E6 error.

Good Morning Carla,
This means that your door is stuggling to open and is putting a strain on the motor. It could be that the tracks are too tight. We will need to send out a technician to assess the situation and rectify. Please contact our office on 9302 7500.

hishaam h.asked

My RDO BP1 model roll-up door can open by pressing remote button or button on wall controller but won't close?

Good Morning Hishaam,
Could I recommend that you call us to book in a service with one of our technicians? This is an unusual situation for a roller door opener and may be a circuit board issue? Call us on 9302 7500 to schedule a service.

hishaam h.

Morning, I can't call or book in a service as I am in South Africa. I was hoping someone had experienced a similar problem and had a solution.

Morning Hishaam,
It would be best if you contacted your supplier in South Africa to have a look at your circuit board.

Krystal D.

Krystal D.asked

My garage door does not move when remote is pressed to open. I have E9 error message displayed. how can I resolved the problem and get my garage door to work again?

Good Morning Krystal,
The E9 error means that the fuse has blown. You can either replace the fuse or call us on 9302 7500 to book a service and one of our technicians can do this for you. However if you do it yourself you will need to reset the door. To do this please follow these simple instructions:-

1. Open the door slightly with remote , or the light on the opener
2. Hold the red learn button until the display changes to LL
4. When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
5. Your door will now work as normal.

A 15 amp blade fuse can be bought from most service stations or auto stores. Please remember to turn the power point off before removing and replacing. The fuse is located at the end of the circuit board. I hope this helps.

Rodney D.asked

My centurion garage door functions with the remote but not with the wall switch.

Good Afternoon Rodney,
Have you tried replacing the battery in the wall remote? If this is not necessary you may need to re-code in your wall remote.

Rodney D.

Are you talking about the two concave buttons on the wall? If so do I just get the cover off and see a battery in there?

Afternoon Rodney,
Yes if you look at the bottom of the cover against the wall you will see a little clip. Just push the clip back and the top cover of the switch will pop off. You can then replace the battery and just pop the cover back on again.

Jae

Jaeasked

Hi - I have a Centurion SDO-10 - today it has stopped working and if a button is pressed it will start to open and then close almost immediately... The are no obstructions, and if I disconnect the door from the chain it goes up amd down freely... Any ideas?

Good afternoon Jae,
Firstly let me apologise for the delayed reply. There could be a number of reasons for this one of them being that you require a new logic board to be fitted. Please could you contact our service department on 9302 7500 and we can schedule a technician to come out and assess.

Thoa L.

Thoa L.asked

Hi, I have the RDO-10 unit and it suddenly stopped working yesterday. The remotes work and I can see the red led light go on when I press the remote button but it just makes a single click sound and nothing further happened afterwards. I've also tried to reset the transmitter but it still won't open. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Good Afternoon,
Please have a look to see if the red manual release cord is not hanging lower that the green cord when in manual mode, if this is the case then you will need a technician to come out and assess. This could also be a fuse or a logic board issue. It is best that you call us on 08 9302 7500 and to schedule a technician.

Vanessa M.

Vanessa M.asked

My motor is displaying E9 what do I do?

Good Morning Vanessa,
Thank you for your query. We recommend that you replace the blade fuse in the opener with a 15amp blade fuse which is purchasable through automotive stores. Or you can contact our office on 9302 7500 and we can send out a technician to do a full service on your door.

Rachel T.asked

I have Avanti T6/T8. The courtesy light flashes 3times and shows E5 code after shutting the door. What does the code mean?

Good Afternoon Rachel,
This means that your door is out of balance. Please call 08 9302 7500 to schedule a service as soon as possible.

Rachel T.

Hi, thanks for the earlier reply. I also found the garage door stucked/stopped at approx. 1ft when opening. So I pushed the bottom to close it and reopen again. It happened in 2 mornings. Does this also due to imbalance issue?

Typo:
Bottom --> button

Steveasked

Hi recently moved into newly built house with avanti motor on door when we shut it goes all the way down shudders a little bit then goes back up about 300mm is this the limit switch and how do i reset

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good Morning, thank you for your query. It sounds like you need to reset the limits on the door. Please follow the following instructions:
• If door begins to bounce open when closing and is displaying R.L on the opener, please follow the below
instructions.
• Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
• Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
• Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
• When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
• Door will now work as normal.
• If the issue continues we would recommend contacting us and we will have a technician attend to possibly
replace hall sensor.

Steve

Thank you have sorted problem and that's exactly what we had to do appreciate the quick response

Pradeep H.
Pradeep H.

This worked for me too. Thank you!

Get an answer from our members and Centurion Garage Doors representatives