Centurion Garage Doors Questions & Answers

272 questions from our users

Scott

Scottasked

My garage door with a stodard group motor has stopped and won’t move. Has an LL then an e9 code. Have only been in house 4 weeks.

steven m.

steven m.asked

centurion garage door sdo-21 makes beeps three times when pressing remote but does not open or close. Any help?

Karabo

Karaboasked

Good day, my sdo4 garage motor cant relearn limits. All goes well but then whenit starts the learning process it closses and then stops and led light blinks and there is LB on the display. I cant find what LB means on the manual. Any help?

Good morning Karabo,
Would you be able to email a photo of the error code to me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au

Naquariasked

Am using centurion SD04 garage door motor, when I press the remote the door open fully but when it closing it stop about 5 inches and it's generate when closing. Any help?

Good Morning,
Could you please follow these instruction to reset the limits on your door:-
- Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener
- The hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully the close again (on it's own)
- Door will now work as normal.
If the issue continues please contact our service department on 9302 7500.

Shannon F.asked

LED light continually coming on and off but door not moving. Or only moves a centimeter and stops. Any ideas?

Good Morning Shannon,
Please could you follow these instructions to reset your limits:-
- Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
- Door will now work as normal.
If the issue continues we would recommend contacting us on 9302 7500 and we will schedule a technician.

Shannon F.

I have followed the above instructions and the door can now open and close fully but the LED light is still coming on and off during the moving of the door and after it has stopped. So the motor will eventually burn out so I just disconnect it. Please advise on what to do?

Morning Shannon,
Could you please run through a factory reset as follows:-
1. Open door all the way.
2. Turn opener off at the power.
3. As you turn the power back on, briefly hold the RED learn button in (approximately 5 seconds) then release.
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the White light on base of opener, which will be flashing.
5. Door will close, then open, then close all by itself. Let it do this.
On last close of the door factory re-set is complete and door will function as it should.

If you are still experiencing issues with your door could you please contact our office on 9302 7500 so we can schedule a technician to assess.

Dithato M.

Dithato M.asked

Good day

I have two roll up garage doors each fitted with a Centurion RDODRV0000, these were installed 4 years ago. I have never had an issue before until a few weeks ago when the one door started to open and close very slowly until it really started to struggle when opening. Now the door won't open at all even though you can hear the operator running. To open the door, I need to assist the controller by pushing the door up. A few days ago the other door started doing the same thing although this one does open about 20cm then I have to assist it by pushing the door up to get it to open. I am not sure if this could be related to the battery life of the controller. Please assist. Thanks

Good Morning,
Could you please contact our office on 9302 7500 so we can book a technician to attend.

Lisa n

Lisa nasked

Hello I have Avanti garage door it won’t work just has LL on it I’ve pressed learn nothing garage won’t go down or up ? Had to manually put it down for now ?

Sharon P.
Sharon P.

Sorry I can’t help

Good Morning Lisa,
Could you please complete the following:-
- Door will now work as normal.
Please let me know if this works for you.

Jacinta

Jacintaasked

Hi My Avanti Door fitted 4 years ago with Centurion won't open or close. I open the door manually all the way and do the FR and LL reset but it still shows the E9 error. The motor is operating but the chain does not drive. What would be the problem?
Thanks.

Morning Jacinta,
Would it be possible to give me your email address so we can correspond with you via email? If you wish you can contact me at bknox@cenbp.com.au. We have some instructions we can send you.

Ashwin rao
Ashwin rao

Hi facing same problem as stated by Jacinta. We got our garage door installed around 2 years ago. Can you please guide us also.

Good Morning Ashwin,
Could you please email me at the abovementioned email address.

Bevan D.

Bevan D.asked

Gday Folkes,

I have had my centurion door since 2013. It uses an Avanti SDO-21 motor (mps 12).

Today (2/2/2020) i left the house, and closed the door with my remote. Was out for about an hour. Came home, pressed the button, and nothing happened. Drove closer, and still nothing. Tried my wifes remote, same issue. Tried the wall switch, also nothing.

They all seemed to just fail to work. Replced batteries today as well. Erased the codes. Recoded the remotes. Wall switch will not work, at all. Car remotes will work.... Only if you are directly below the motor itself. Otherwise, its as if its "out of range"

Could my motor just be tired, and due for an upgrade. Or am i missing something, and need a tech to come out and have a look.

Cheers
bevan

Good Afternoon Bevan,
Please contact our office on 9302 9500 and we can schedule a technician to come and service your door. We recommend our doors are serviced annually.

Pieter L.asked

Hi my garage door opens a but then stop and opens a bit and stop. Gives error code L6 on back of motor. What could be the problem?

Good Afternoon Pieter,
Could you please try resetting the limits as follows:-

Pieter L.

Is there anyone that can assist me as the motor is now stuck on LL and light is just flashing

Good Morning Pieter,
Could you contact me via my email address bknox@cenbp.com.au and we will contact you to schedule a technician.

queen mashaba

queen mashabaasked

Good morning

My name is Queen, I have a centurion roll up and it wont open on manual please help?

Good Afternoon Queen,
Are your referring to a roller door or a sectional door and could you please give me the approximate age of the door?

Andrewasked

Two questions
1) Is it possible to code a button on my remote to control only the light on/off function?
2) Currently my remote only has one functioning button, that toggles the current open/close state. Is it possible to code open close as separate functions? (i.e. Button 1 only opens door, Button 2 only closes door, Button 3 toggles state of door open/close)

Good Afternoon Andrew,
With regards to your first query could you please tell me what kind of opener you have and unfortunately we cannot help with your second query this is not an option.

Amanda A.

Amanda A.asked

i have an Avanti t8mps with no remote control can you tell me where I can buy one in Townsville
Thanks Nola

Morning Amanda,
You can purchase these on line from our webshop. Please see link below:-

Hope this helps.

Alexasked

Centurion garage door will close completely but then opens itself up about 2 foot any ideas?

Cheers Alex

Good Morning Alex,
It sounds like you need to do a reset on your opener. Please see as follows:-

-Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
-Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
-Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
-When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
-Door will now work as normal.
-If the issue continues we would recommend contacting us and we will have a technician attend - 9302 7500

Alex

Thanks Brenda it worked a treat thank you very much

socialmedia

socialmediaasked

Light specs for garage opener motor?

Good Morning,
I am assuming you are meaning the globes?
These can be purchased over the counter at our Wangara showroom or any Repco/Supercheap outlet.
Specs as follows:
Truck tail light
Narva brand
24V 21W Double Pin - 47333
24V 10W Single Pin - 47339

Monica

Monicaasked

I want to program 1 new remote for my RDO ii garage doors, but the motor is "stuck" in "learn" mode. The red light remains on and won't do anything according to the instructions. Kindly advise?

Good Morning Monica,
You can reset the motor by opening and closing the door from the run button 3 times without interruption and then recode as follows:-
1. Make sure your garage door is closed
2. Use the yellow + button to scroll through to ru function on the display screen menu.
3. If 10 seconds elapses before step 3, start again at step 1.
4. Short press button hon handset you wish to code. Led light will flash rapidly indicating the successful coding in of the run function.
If you are still experiencing problems please let us know and we can schedule a technician - 9302 7500.

Dylan R.asked

Hi my name is Dylan.
I have a Centurion RDOi garage door motor and I want to add another remote. I've read every manual, and they all say I have to use a "Learn" button. But I don't have a learn button on my motor.
Please help?

Andrew

I'm looking at doing the same, it might be on the circuit board, or under the light cover.

Good Afternoon Dylan,
Please could you send me your email address. I have a manual with a diagram that might help you. Once I have your email address I will be able to assist or feel free to email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au.

dylanvr11@gmail.com

Josh Goodwin

Josh Goodwinasked

My garage door opened using the remote but now none of the key ring remotes or wall control works. How can I fix it?

Good Afternoon Josh,
It sounds like your remotes might need to be recoded. Please email me at bknox@cenbp.com.au and I will email you the recoding instructions.

Ash

Ashasked

hi
My garage door motor makes sound but it can not move the belt to open the door. It tries to move it as the belt moves couple of centimetres then it stops. Motor still makes noise. Can you tell me what is wrong with it.

Good Morning Ash,
This may be due to a number of issues. Could you please call Tania in our service department on 9302 7500 and she may be able to help you over the phone.

Dom

Domasked

I have a centurion door 2 motor system.
My roller door doesn't respond to the stop mechanism. So if the door is opened it stays open. And when it closes it closes tight.
The only way l can open/close the door is to use the manual release mechanism, push the door to the half way, engage the door and use the remote again. The roller door doesnt identify the red stoppers, any more.?
Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Good Morning Dom,
This sounds like it could be a logic board issue. Could you please call our office to schedule a technician to assess and rectify - 9302 9500.

Get an answer from our members and Centurion Garage Doors representatives