Centurion Garage Doors Questions & Answers

265 questions from our users

Jacinta

Jacintaasked

Hi My Avanti Door fitted 4 years ago with Centurion won't open or close. I open the door manually all the way and do the FR and LL reset but it still shows the E9 error. The motor is operating but the chain does not drive. What would be the problem?
Thanks.

Morning Jacinta,
Would it be possible to give me your email address so we can correspond with you via email? If you wish you can contact me at bknox@cenbp.com.au. We have some instructions we can send you.

Bevan D.

Bevan D.asked

Gday Folkes,

I have had my centurion door since 2013. It uses an Avanti SDO-21 motor (mps 12).

Today (2/2/2020) i left the house, and closed the door with my remote. Was out for about an hour. Came home, pressed the button, and nothing happened. Drove closer, and still nothing. Tried my wifes remote, same issue. Tried the wall switch, also nothing.

They all seemed to just fail to work. Replced batteries today as well. Erased the codes. Recoded the remotes. Wall switch will not work, at all. Car remotes will work.... Only if you are directly below the motor itself. Otherwise, its as if its "out of range"

Could my motor just be tired, and due for an upgrade. Or am i missing something, and need a tech to come out and have a look.

Cheers
bevan

Good Afternoon Bevan,
Please contact our office on 9302 9500 and we can schedule a technician to come and service your door. We recommend our doors are serviced annually.

Pieter L.asked

Hi my garage door opens a but then stop and opens a bit and stop. Gives error code L6 on back of motor. What could be the problem?

Good Afternoon Pieter,
Could you please try resetting the limits as follows:-
- Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).

Pieter L.

Is there anyone that can assist me as the motor is now stuck on LL and light is just flashing

Good Morning Pieter,
Could you contact me via my email address bknox@cenbp.com.au and we will contact you to schedule a technician.

queen mashaba

queen mashabaasked

Good morning

My name is Queen, I have a centurion roll up and it wont open on manual please help?

Good Afternoon Queen,
Are your referring to a roller door or a sectional door and could you please give me the approximate age of the door?

Andrewasked

Two questions
1) Is it possible to code a button on my remote to control only the light on/off function?
2) Currently my remote only has one functioning button, that toggles the current open/close state. Is it possible to code open close as separate functions? (i.e. Button 1 only opens door, Button 2 only closes door, Button 3 toggles state of door open/close)

Good Afternoon Andrew,
With regards to your first query could you please tell me what kind of opener you have and unfortunately we cannot help with your second query this is not an option.

Amanda A.

Amanda A.asked

i have an Avanti t8mps with no remote control can you tell me where I can buy one in Townsville
Thanks Nola

Morning Amanda,
You can purchase these on line from our webshop. Please see link below:-

Hope this helps.

Alexasked

Centurion garage door will close completely but then opens itself up about 2 foot any ideas?

Cheers Alex

Good Morning Alex,
It sounds like you need to do a reset on your opener. Please see as follows:-

-Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
-Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
-Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
-When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
-Door will now work as normal.
-If the issue continues we would recommend contacting us and we will have a technician attend - 9302 7500

Alex

Thanks Brenda it worked a treat thank you very much

socialmedia

socialmediaasked

Light specs for garage opener motor?

Good Morning,
I am assuming you are meaning the globes?
These can be purchased over the counter at our Wangara showroom or any Repco/Supercheap outlet.
Specs as follows:
Truck tail light
Narva brand
24V 21W Double Pin - 47333
24V 10W Single Pin - 47339

Monica

Monicaasked

I want to program 1 new remote for my RDO ii garage doors, but the motor is "stuck" in "learn" mode. The red light remains on and won't do anything according to the instructions. Kindly advise?

Good Morning Monica,
You can reset the motor by opening and closing the door from the run button 3 times without interruption and then recode as follows:-
1. Make sure your garage door is closed
2. Use the yellow + button to scroll through to ru function on the display screen menu.
3. If 10 seconds elapses before step 3, start again at step 1.
4. Short press button hon handset you wish to code. Led light will flash rapidly indicating the successful coding in of the run function.
If you are still experiencing problems please let us know and we can schedule a technician - 9302 7500.

Dylan R.asked

Hi my name is Dylan.
I have a Centurion RDOi garage door motor and I want to add another remote. I've read every manual, and they all say I have to use a "Learn" button. But I don't have a learn button on my motor.
Please help?

Andrew

I'm looking at doing the same, it might be on the circuit board, or under the light cover.

Good Afternoon Dylan,
Please could you send me your email address. I have a manual with a diagram that might help you. Once I have your email address I will be able to assist or feel free to email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au.

dylanvr11@gmail.com

Josh Goodwin

Josh Goodwinasked

My garage door opened using the remote but now none of the key ring remotes or wall control works. How can I fix it?

Good Afternoon Josh,
It sounds like your remotes might need to be recoded. Please email me at bknox@cenbp.com.au and I will email you the recoding instructions.

Ash

Ashasked

hi
My garage door motor makes sound but it can not move the belt to open the door. It tries to move it as the belt moves couple of centimetres then it stops. Motor still makes noise. Can you tell me what is wrong with it.

Good Morning Ash,
This may be due to a number of issues. Could you please call Tania in our service department on 9302 7500 and she may be able to help you over the phone.

Dom

Domasked

I have a centurion door 2 motor system.
My roller door doesn't respond to the stop mechanism. So if the door is opened it stays open. And when it closes it closes tight.
The only way l can open/close the door is to use the manual release mechanism, push the door to the half way, engage the door and use the remote again. The roller door doesnt identify the red stoppers, any more.?
Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Good Morning Dom,
This sounds like it could be a logic board issue. Could you please call our office to schedule a technician to assess and rectify - 9302 9500.

Eugene N.

Eugene N.asked

I have the e9 error code and have replaced the 15 amp blade fuse, but i'm still getting the e9 error message. Any idea what else it could be from?

Good Morning Eugene,
You could try running a factory re-set as follows:-
1. Open door all the way.
2. Turn opener off at the power.
3. As you turn the power back on, briefly hold the RED learn button in (approximately 5 seconds) then release.
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the White light on base of opener, which will be flashing.
5. Door will close, then open, then close all by itself. Let it do this.
On last close of the door factory re-set is complete and door will function as it should.
If this does not work we will need to schedule a technician to come to site to assess. Please call on 9302 7500 to schedule a technician.

Jordan L.asked

Hi,

My rental has a Centurion Sectional Door with an Avanti SDO-21 MPS Opener.

Yesterday the door has stopped opening, but still closed like normal after manually opening it. Is there anything I should do before contacting my Property Manager?

Kind Regards,
Jordan Long.

Good morning Jordan,
You could try resetting the limits as follows:-
Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
Door will now work as normal.
Please advise if this has not worked for you.

Hi Brenda,

I have attempted what you said, but the door won't open at all after closing.

When I press the black "run" button on the opener or use wall transmitter, the LED flashes constantly with a single click sound, but nothing happens.

Kind Regards,
Jordan Long

Hi Jordan,
Could you please ring our offices so we can send out a technician to assess - 9302 7500.

Makhado J.

Makhado J.asked

Door can't close properly. Any help?

Good Afternoon,
Please call our service department on 9302 7500 and we will try to assist you over the phone.

Vinaye H.

Vinaye H.asked

Hi my garage door is closing half way through. What should I do please.
Vinaye

Good Afternoon Vinaye,
Please try to run through a reset programme as follows:-

Campbell R.asked

Gday. We have been without power for 10 days due to bushfires passing through.
The Avanti SDO-21 MPS (T12/MPS) on the double garage
door has returns to normal service.
The Avanti SDO-21 MPS (T12/MPS) on the single garage door will only open the door and not close it.
It moved freely in manual mode, and its the same for the wall control, remote control and direct controls. It just double clicks and sometimes lurch forwards.
Campbell.

Good Afternoon,
You could try to reset the limits on the door. Please follow these instructions:-

Campbell R.

I’m afraid this does not work.
The Learn LED flashes, but again, even with the door in the set position as you describe will only omen. It will not close. Any further ideas??????

Good Morning,
I suggest contacting our office and booking a service technician to attend to assess problem and complete full service on your door. Please contact our office on 9302 7577 to schedule an appointment.

clintwright82

clintwright82asked

Good day. I am busy with the setup up of my roller door(centurion system). The garage door rolls up no problem but when i try closing it just stops and the red light flickers? Thought maybe theres too much tension or too little tension on the tensioning spring on the shaft? Any ideas?

Good Morning Clint,
If you run the door manually by hand it will tell you if the tension is correct.
Generally if over tensioned once you lift it, the door will want to get away from you and open by itself. If under tensioned it will fall back to the ground from half way open. If the door runs free and is balanced you may then have an opener issue. In this case it would be best to contact our office on 9302 7500 and schedule a service.

Richard M.

Richard M.asked

Is there an easy way to re-learn the Door Limits on an SDO4, i.e. without having to disconnect the battery, after using the door in manual it can leave a 3" gap in the door close position, hence it is a pain to have to unscrew the battery cover and disconnect the battery to do a factory reset

Good Morning Richard,
You can follow these steps to complete a factory reset:-
1. Open door all the way
2. Turn opener off at the power
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the white light on
the base of opener, which will be flashing.
5. Door will close, then open, the close again by itself.

On the last close of the door factory re-set is complete and the door will function as it should. If you are still experiencing issues please contact our office to schedule a technician out to assess.

James R.
James R.

Had the same issue tonight. Thanks for the reset steps.

Get an answer from our members and Centurion Garage Doors representatives