Eden Brae Homes Questions & Answers

70 questions from our users

Kyra

Kyra asked

Hello good morning
I’m messaging you in the hope someone might help me... we are pretty sure we’ve decided on building the Sandringham 38 but it’s not on display anywhere our consultant has assured us of this...but maybe someone’s built it or got some pics to share with us???. here’s hoping thank you:))Kyra

Jodie I.
Jodie I.

Hi Kyra, sorry I don’t have any info on a display site, but I love the Sandringham from what I have seen online.
I am wondering if you can please share the quite you received from them? My quite came in at a touch under $500k for the 38 model.
Thanks!

Dee

Deeasked

Eden Brae Homes

Can anyone share their first hand experience with Eden Brae connect homes?

T J.
T J.

I built my first home with Eden Brae home 17 years ago, and while I had a few small issues, for the most part they were still very good. After 17 years and 3 growing boys, the house still looked amazing when we finally sold only a few months ago. We're looking to build another home (which is why I'm on this forum) and seems like they are still pretty good and will probably stick with Eden Brae based on our last experience and recent reviews

Ehsan C.asked

Eden Brae Homes

Hi I am looking to build a Glen Burn model. 30 sqr. Any tips or sharing of experience will be highly appreciated.

James H.
James H.

Congratulations Ehsan, Eden Brae is good at providing a onsite camera-build watch, so you watch it grows day by day. It is really nice. However, it does rule out our excuses to visit the site frequently. Because EBH uses subcontractors, sometimes you might get trainees. So take your time to inspect thoroughly and follow up with the supervisor to ensure it is done properly.
Admin plays a big part in the project, our first one Sarah B knows nothing and the second one Samantha knows everything. So you may want to talk to the manager if in doubt. That Sarah asked us to enquire about Tiger Tails even the power poles are on the other side of the road!
Lastly, you perhaps should get your landscaping organised and approved beforehand to save your time and start straight away after settlement as EBH doesn’t do landscape at all.
Good lucky!

Ehsan C.

Thank you for taking the time to reply James.

rooney

rooneyasked

Eden Brae Homes

i am about to purchase a turn key package with Stockland and Eden bRae. has anyone purchased in this process. really want some advice

Building with eden brae

Building with eden braeasked

Eden Brae Homes

Any review on Ben Wright Site Supervisor Please?

Rania
Rania

We personally didn't have Ben Wright as our site supervisor so we can't really make a comment on him.

Aman S.
Aman S.

We were lucky to have Ben our site supervisor. He is nice, approachable and promptly responded to all our concerns. Even after handover we came across few issues, I emailed it to him on which he acted swiftly and on the same day he organised with MJH the time to resolve the problem.
We heard stories that after handover builders don't care but that was not the case with us. I don't know about others but if anyone building with Eden Brae and have Ben as their site supervisor I can assure you that your build process is in safe hands.

Thanks Aman

Raj

Rajasked

NSW, Norwest

I have got 357 m2 land in Schofields and looking to build double story with $270 to $310 . Any suggestions please

Cooke F.
Cooke F.

We had a custom built home with Eden Brae due to our block size being 370s/m.
It was called a Wyndham27
Not sure if they can build or amend the sizing

Kristina

Kristinaasked

Eden Brae Homes

I built with Eden Brae/Connect Homes in 2012.

Now I am having cracking issues in the ensuite and media room wall that is concerning. It does not look normal and I am very worried because it's allowing water to seep behind the tiles.

What do I do?

Eden Brae Homes M.Eden Brae Homes

Send an email with your details to management@edenbraehomes.com.au to get it resolved.

L S J

L S Jasked

Eden Brae Homes

We just received a quote for Hawthorne 23 Single Storey home for 311,000 and the price goes higher with each layout size. The website says from 226,900 and when we went and met them it was 283,900 including driveways etc per their pricing guide book and now the total quote is 311k.
Has anyone built a Hawthorne (any model), if yes, please let us know if this is legitimate. Our quote has additional costs like Additional earthworks, H1/H2 concrete slab, Saline Soil requirements, dropped edge beam to contain fill, sewer pegout a total of $14000 which we feel is extra. We thought all this will be included in the $283k price. Of course, we understand that ducted AC and other ceiling tiles in bathroom would be additional and happy to pay for extra things we ask for but the above $14k is excluding these costs?

Can someone please advise?

Kind regards

EmRenasked

Hi,
We’re looking at doing a knockdown rebuild. We just receive a preliminary quote for the foxley 30 for about $390k. Just wondering if anyone has built this home and if so, did the final price cost much more than this? We’ve included things like floor to ceiling tiles in bathrooms, 40mm benchtops to kitchen and downright provisions. Is there anything else we haven’t thought of that we may need to add on top. Can you negotiate the price with them or are they pretty set on their pricing? Just wanted to get an idea before we start putting money into it.
Any other advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated as this is our first build.

VenYer
VenYer

Hi Emren, can't say much about the 390k quote you received. We went with Ivanhoe single level 29 squares and was quoted 370k 1 year ago. But it doesn't include floor to ceiling tiles, 40mm bench tops, downlight provisions etc.. So if you include those your quote is pretty close. Eden Brae is fixed with the pricing. I would suggest to add another 10% to quoted price for any further additions during selection process or post handover expenses.

The quote given to you may include only standard provisions. Bricks, interior and exterior colours, number of paint coats internal, ceiling height, internal door type and heights, main entry door, garage door, alfresco door type, kitchen cabinetry, downlights provision only or complete installation, air con latest model, tv antenna, tiles ceramic or porcelain, carpet or laminate in bedrooms, wardrobe shelving etc are some to consider during selection process. Post handover, landscaping, blinds or plantation shutters, letterbox, clothes liner, boundary fencing, CCTV if interested are some to consider.

EmRen

Great, this is very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

irene g.

irene g.asked

Eden Brae Homes

Hi, Has anyone experience changing their home size after signed the contract ?
My situation is pending for land to be register however since we want to locked in contract, EB asked us to signed contract to locked in CREMORNE 33. We love the design but after consideration in term of house size, we want to increase it to CREMORNE 37. EB reps said its not possible.

Why its not possible ? council plan has not been submitted, even land has not been registered nothing at the moment. So why this is not possible ?

Has anyone experiencing this ?

We want to build house as what we wanted and I don't know why EB make it difficult while nothing has been done so far apart from draft of the plan ?

Please let me know if there is any solution on this ?

Jim

Jimasked

Eden Brae Homes

Do Eden Brae build Granny flats as Clarendon homes do?

Nirav
Nirav

I am not sure. You can ask them directly. Thanks

Samasked

Simple question:

I am in the process of looking for a reputable builder to build my home around the southwest area.
Eden Brae seems to fit all criteria. Eden Brae advised me the site cost and contract price are fixed?

Is that really true?

Rebecca S
Rebecca S

Yes, Also if they hit rock they wont charge you, its on them. Saved us a fortune when they calculated our cut/fill wrong and hit some HUGE rocks.

Sam

Great! Thanks for sharing. Did you have a good experience during the build phase with Eden Brae?

Macca

Maccaasked

Eden Brae Homes

On average how long it took to build a 4 bedroom house single floor?

Stacey R
Stacey R

We're building the Kent 25 - our slab went down late April and we're still in the construction process. Site Supervisor said approx 6 weeks to go so we're guessing late Nov if we're lucky.. so to answer your Q - it's would be around 7 months for our single level 4 bedroom house.

Shahlaasked

Eden Brae Homes

Can anyone recommend a good and trustworthy sales person in Eden Brae in Sydney South West? Thanks

Tanvir
Tanvir

I found Donovan was very helpful. He is at Oran park office.

Marek

I can recommend Johnny Cefai @ Jordan Springs, very very helpful during the sales process and during the paperwork time

bobjane

bobjaneasked

Eden Brae Homes

Has anyone been offered a hybrid steel frame?
What would people use 'timber' or 'hybrid steel' frame?
We were given the option but really unsure why this has come over (during DA check period)

Marek

We have been offered the Steel Frame and wanted to move on with the process and we have accepted the offer. However after some research we have decided to go back to wooden frame, this has created another DA check and additional time extension to the process. You may want to do your research before making a decision.

Dr Patel

Dr Patelasked

Eden Brae Homes

Is anyone building double storey with Mantra facade with Eden Brae? If you have any photo of your completed facade, I would like to see it. I just can not decide between Mantra and Promenade facade. I know the Promenade facade is built in one of the display home but could not see the actual Mantra facade anywhere. Thanks in advance.

roy

royasked

Eden Brae Homes

How much does EBH charge for downlights and installation? Also once they hand the keys over can i get my own sparky to install down lights on the bottom floor? (will he have access?)

Reid
Reid

Hi
The Downlights were $115 including GST. The best thing we did was put allowances into the Tender for Electrical, Kitchen etc. We were very aware that access to the ground floor ceiling would be limited once the build was completed, that’s why we decided to have Eden Brae install the downlights during construction.

Micky

Mickyasked

Eden Brae Homes

Hi there am going to build Bristol33 with edenbrae. has anyone built this one please share your experience or advice?

George
George

We just signed the contract for Bristol 31 with some internal changes. How you progressing?

Marek

Yes. We are in the process of building one. Have done some extensions, and re modelling. Current stage is lining up and we expecting kitchen and tiling commencing soon. Experience is OK so far with some minor challenges. This is our second home that we build so have some prior knowledge. There is few things we would do next time including plans and design changes review with Architect to make sure we do the right choices. Customer service is a bit dry and complaining does not help much, there are some very decent people there to balance the overall experience. We were sold on quality and best builder with interesting design and in most cases they work with us to help. Not finished yet but what we see is close to expectations. Sorry for those that had bad experience. Good luck

Rajini

Rajiniasked

Eden Brae Homes

Has anyone built a London 22 with EBH? Am looking to check if you had to pay for tiles through the hallway, as is seen in the display home. I was advised during a walk through of the display home at Jordan Springs that the entire tiled area was standard, However, am now being told that the tiles are only half way down the hallway and the remaining is carpeted. I’ll have to pay $$$ to upgrade to tile through the hallway. Can anyone confirm if you’ve had a similar experience. Thanks.

Tim

Timasked

Eden Brae Homes

Hi guys. Has anyone on here built the Jasper ?
I am looking to see if anyone has kept the pillars in the alfresco and also the pillar that the doors are leading into the alfresco so I can compare it to the display home at kellyville.

Thanks in advance!