ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020) Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Charlie Pasked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I bought one of these 53cc chainsaws in march 2019. The first time I used it everything went fine. The second time I used it was April 2021. When I opened the carrier, chain lube oil was everywhere, I don't know why. I managed to start it and everything was fine until I turned it off, but It would not not start on the second attempt. Start rope will only move 6 inches and something is stopping it operating freely. Frustrated

Chainsaw user

The chain oil leaks in most chainsaws, Chinese ones more so. Did you leave the same fuel inside the chainsaw this whole time? Because if so that’s most likely your issue. Best option is to empty out the tank and put some fresh fuel in, could be a build up of carbon or something else causing the starter rope stiffness, once you get it started leave it running for 5 mins or so minimum to get rid of all the stale fuel and you should be sorted

Charlie P

Yes I did replenish with fresh fuel and it did run ok initially but not the second time. I took the spark plug out and the rope pulls out ok. The spark does not appear to be very strong and although I primed the fuel fifty times or more, the plug was still dry and I wonder if the fuel is getting there. My biggest concern is why the rope is not releasing to it's full extent when the plug is in.

Garry Fahnle
Garry Fahnleasked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Hello I bought a gardenline chain saw 2 years ago and I only used it 2 times. I tried to start it to cut some trees down but it will not start. I have changed petrol and spark plug use start fluid and still it will not start. Where do I take it to get repaired? I took it to mowers galore and they would not even look at it. Please tell me what to do I don’t know what is wrong with it and don’t know who will look at it. I just like it to work. Garry

Chainsaw user

Google how to tune a chainsaw

John R. M.asked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

I purchased an Aldi chainsaw 2020, I cannot start the machine as I do not have the strength to start the unit. It has kicked back and thrown me on a couple of attempts to start the saw.
How can I fix this saw so I can fix it for me to be able to start instead of waiting for stronger people to start it.

Chainsaw user

Either return it or buy an “estart” module from eBay

John R. M.asked

Chainsaw user

That’s just how chainsaws work. Your only option is to return it and buy a chainsaw that uses e-start technology as these are very easy to pull

John R. M.

Should ALDI advertise the fact that this chainsaw is not an E-Start technology machine , but high compression unit.
I assume E-Start technology is a decompression switch like large cc motor bikes have.

Chainsaw user

Sort of, it is unusual that this chainsaw has a high compression as it’s a pretty small engine. E-start is essentially a dual coil pull starter so you pull the cord which charges up one coil and when you get to the end of the pull it releases all the energy into the second coil which turns the motor

Petendel
Petendelasked

Hi Guys

Have a 4 stroke model purchased May last year. It won't run and seems to starved of fuel. Primer button only draws air. It leaks petrol when vertical with handle down. Broken Capillary? Has done about 10 hours work. Next step? Location is near Melbourne metro area.

Chainsaw user

In the manual it should have a number to call for after sales support, they’ll be able to service and repair it

William Anderson
William Andersonasked
phil
philasked
Vkoio4
Vkoio4

Use the adjustment wheel on the side where the bar and chain are. It's the big round blob hanging off the side with gradations around its edge. You first loosen it by sliding the central arm thingy out with your thumb. This makes an extended lever that acts as a built-in spanner, and you can rotate the arm counter-clockwise to loosen the chain bar enough to allow it to move - but not too much or the bar will come off. Then click the outer rim of the wheel around clockwise (it's on a ratchet, so it only turns clockwise unless you pull the little ratchet device out of the way). Turning the wheel clockwise will tighten the chain. Don't overdo it. You want a bit of slack in the chain. Once you have it adjusted right, tighten the built-in spanner arm again by rotating it clockwise, nice and tight, then slide the arm back into place.

Hansasked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Have fueled the chainsaw and followed the starting instructions. The engine won't kick over. Had a look in the book and checked the spark plug lead, reconnected and tried again, still no start, there is no indication of engine firing. What is the next step?

Rowena
Rowena

Hi, my Dad has the exact same problem with his. We couldn't start it on the weekend and he called warranty service this morning - waiting for a call back I'll keep you posted.

Hans

I contacted support by phone the same day and got a reply, went through a few tests by phone and they advised to take it back and exchange. Did that and the new one sfarted ok.

Michae
Michaeasked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Can I buy parts for for hedge trimmer attachment for brush cutter

Darren K.
Darren K.asked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Is this chainsaw fitted with gear &diaphragm oil pump

Hine  G
Hine Gasked
Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

i ordered a new chain for chain saw i received but but found brake cover is damaged i do not know if this part is available if i can not repair chainsaw can i get refund on new chain i purchasd it is still in package unopened? thank G M HINE

See all ALDI Petrol Chainsaw questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Ferrex / Gardenline 53cc Chainsaw (Mar 2018, Mar 2019, Mar 2020)

Other Petrol Chainsaws