Grandeur Homes

Grandeur Homes Questions & Answers

Lee

Hi All, How long does VBA take after they(Grandeur) submit the building permit application?
They have taken 6 months to only get the documents ready for application submission don't know how unprofessionally they prepared the documents and how long is it going to take further.
Moreover, what are the delays you have faced from Grandeur after getting a building permit?

Jane M.

Wish I saw your post sooner I would’ve told you to run!!! They are horrible. They don’t pay their trades and that’s why they can’t find anyone willing to work. They also have no money to pre order materials like normal builders so there are delays there too. We’ve had our permit for a year now and still don’t have a complete frame. Good luck, I hope yours goes smoother

Sitara

Hi all. Has anyone tried to go to VBA-because of their unprofessionalism and customer ls loss?

Lee

Hi Sitara, I haven't but facing the same issue. It's been more than six months since our land has been titled and 9 months since we signed a contract with them but they still haven't got the building permit.

Sitara

You can speak to consumer affairs Victoria to get more information. They are really good and will guide you through. As an owner you have more rights then them.
If you wish to Lodge a complaint with VBA

Sitara

We are planning to build and was very impressed with all the houses they handover in fb. Saw all the negative reviews here and they all look so similar. Seems like customer service is the last in their priority list.
These reviews are really helpful to make our decisions

Jane M.

I’m sorry I didn’t see your post sooner otherwise I would’ve warned you to stay away. We’ve had our building permit for one year nearly (at the end of April) and we don’t even have a complete frame. It also took them about 8 months just to get the permit in the first place which it should of taken 3 or 4 months at most. They do not pay their trades and don’t have any money to order materials this is why there’s always delays. We knew one trade who was owed $98k and he knows others who are owed even more! We have raised a dispute with the DBDRV because we are sick of their unprofessionalism and being told lies. I urge you to also raise a dispute too as it can take 16 weeks to have the matter dealt with. Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Grandeur Homes representatives