Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist Questions & Answers

Bamboo Flooring, Carpet Flooring, Laminate Flooring, Rugs, Timber Flooring and 2 more

23 questions from our users

monica85

monica85asked

Harvey Norman Waterproof Flooring

Godfrey hurst hybrid XL flooring, can anyone share their opinion on the wear and tear on these pls?

Ivy

Ivyasked

Hi,
I have been recommended Godfrey Hirst Hybrid 1200 for my bedrooms. Does anyone have experience with this product?

Karen louise Hinds
Karen louise Hinds

Hi Ivy I have no knowledge of this brand. Just know if you go with a product that does not live up too it's longevity, general wear and tear. You have consumer rights under the ACCC. If I was in your position I would ask HN staff to give you a couple of reviews. You can also use choice!!!!

kejoasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

I have been recommended Novocore Hybride multi layered plank that carries a 25 year domestic warranty by a Representative at Harvey Norman. I want to cover existing floor tiles. I have been advised that NO levelling is required. On the front cover of Novocare brochure it states that this product is '100% waterproof' and inside the brochure it states 'water resilient' in another!! I can only presume that the premium range is the waterproof product?

I would appreciate any feedback that can be provided as to whether this product lives up to its promise. It would appear from the previous comments I have read on this post, that Harvey Norman, the supplier, or both have little concern for the buyer.

Margaret Page
Margaret Page

I have novocore in my house. Its terrible its scratches so easily and looks so bad after a while, we tried to get it replaced but the Novocore rep said we damaged it on purpose which is just stupid who would damage their own floor, but that gives you an idea on how bad it looks. STAY AWAY

kejo

Thank you Margaret for your feedback - much appreciate.

wayne

wayneasked

Harvey Norman Vinyl Flooring

Hi,
I'm looking to purchase 200m2 of the Isocore Hybrid vinyl planks for my home. Can anyone give me any feedback on this product. Good , bad or otherwise .

Jules

Julesasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

We were recommended novocare hybrid flooring by HN to replace our warping timber flooring in the kitchen but we hv read 1 negative review on novocare so not sure if we should even consider this.Has anyone had similar or other experiences on this type of floorings or should we stick to timber type?

queenofsheba

Avoid Novocore. We agonised over our vinyl planking product/supplier and made a grave error choosing this product. Despite slab levelling and achieving tolerances within manufacturers requirements, this product sounds drummy to walk on. The length of the plank is too long to create a firm hug to the floor. We have had it re-laid (after even more levelling) and the issue has merely transferred to other areas. The manufacturer is absent in the entire rectification process. It will not be long before this product is discontinued - watch this space.

queenofshebaasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

What can I do about my brand new Novocore vinyl planks creaking and sounding drummy on a concrete slab that was levelled? Can’t get a hold of the installer and HN store keep referring me to installer? Am seeking some experienced professional advice. Only laid last week. Can’t fit skirting until I receive a satisfactory response.

Maria H

Maria Hasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Is the flooring department in HN a separate franchise?

Yes, it is.

Nigel

Nigelasked

Hi,
My client is buying Novocore Premium flooring for a cafe and I need to know if it meets the BCA fire resistant requirements for a Class 6 building. I can't see anything on the Novocore website, can you help me please?
Thanks,
Nigel Legge Architect

June
June

I purchased Harvey Norman's Novocore vinyl flooring for my new house. It has been a nightmare from day one, with expansion, scratching easily and has a dreadful scuffed appearance. It has definitely been the worst flooring I have ever purchased. The installer has been sent back several times to adjust and rectify, but it is dreadful. It will now cost me several thousand dollars to replace this flooring, plus the hassle of moving furniture etc. I have bought many things from Harvey Norman in the past, but I will never buy anything else from them and would advise others to be careful. Once they have your money, they are not interested in hearing any complaints. Jean

Patricia L
Patricia L

Nigel I am now in the same boat - we have installed a commercial floor also and not cannot get our COO as the flooring is not compliant Did you receive any answers that could help us? Thanks so much - Patricia

Donna

Donnaasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Hi. I’ve had the smartstrand down for 18 months. Very happy with it. I know you recommend steam cleaning but I’m not a fan of this method. Can I have it dry cleaned?
[email address removed]

SEBO Australia

Mohawk Smartstrand has tested and approved the SEBO X4 with its adjustable rotating brush roller height for their carpets to effectively remove the maximum amount of dirt.

The SEBO X4 upright vacuum cleaner's onboard computer identifies the flooring type and changes the brush height to suit the carpet nap, raising or lowering the brush automatically for optimum cleaning. Using the X4 on your new, soft Mohawk SmartStrand carpet will ensure that they stay beautiful longer, while providing essential carpet care.

Gina

Ginaasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

How happy are you with Novocore TM Premium hybrid floor ?

Eli Denmead
Eli Denmead

Can't answer your question as we did not get the product you refer to.

Vicki
Vicki

Make sure your layer leaves plenty of expansion room.

Rose

Roseasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Can someone please come and give me a quote to install carpet in the stairs landing and two bedrooms? please answer me. Thank you.

Rose

Hi Rose,
Thank you for your enquiry. Please kindly provide your details via inbox and our Harvey Norman Flooring team will contact you directly.

Kind regards,
Harvey Norman Flooring team

Maggie3029
Maggie3029

I purchased smartstrand carpet from Harvey Norman in Corio (Melbourne Vic). They were awesome. They gave me large samples of three different shades of the colour I was looking at. Plus as many small squares of any colour I
wanted to test it. I put those squares through the ringer. Beetroot, red cordial tea/coffee, milk. You name it. It passed every test.

Now, I’ve had it four maybe 5 years.
You will need to test your vacuum cleaner on it. Because that’s the only problem with smartstrand - getting a vacuum that works on it. At the time I purchased it they were giving away a Bosch Pet care vacuum if you purchased about $5k worth of carpet. It went over it but it’s not great. That Bosh is $799. Pay the extra hundred and
get the Sebo upright Automatic X4. $899. I’ve just bought one. It really works on smartstrand.
You might be able to work out a deal if you’re buying carpet and a vacuum.

SEBO Australia

We hope you were able to get your installation completed. If you did choose Mohawk Smartstrand.... They have tested and approved the SEBO X4 with its adjustable rotating brush roller height for their carpets to effectively remove the maximum amount of dirt.

The SEBO X4 upright vacuum cleaner's onboard computer identifies the flooring type and changes the brush height to suit the carpet nap, raising or lowering the brush automatically for optimum cleaning. Using the X4 on your new carpet will ensure that they stay beautiful longer, while providing essential carpet care.

Steve

Steveasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

What thickness of self leveling compound is acceptable when laying Allure Vinyl planks over uneven ceramic floor tiles.

Hi Steven,

Allure requires the subfloor to be flat an even, with a maximum allowable subfloor variation of 3mm over a 2 metre expanse.
The amount of self levelling compound required is dependent on the condition of the subfloor and the quantity needed to meet the condition above.

Ezstash

Ezstashasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Can anyone pls advise on their experiences with Harvey Norman's 'Timber Impressions Eucalypt Laminate flooring' range? I'm interested in their Spotted Gum range. TIA

Dot
Dot

I would like to know as well I have 85 sq metre of it. Even a baby's bottle dropped on it chips it. It's only 3 months old and I think it will need to be replace within one year. Very sad of the quality as I was told it was hard wearing and one of the best on the market. That is so untrue.

MHN

MHNasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

What is the acceptable gaps between individuals timber strips : Timber Max product, when installed? Anyone with the knowledge please advise

Hi MHN

Can we ask what gaps you are referring to? Are you referring to actual gap between the boards when joining together, or the gap between the placement of short side joins in the floor? We look forward to your response. Thank you.

Lorraine Wallner

Lorraine Wallnerasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Do you lay vinyl as well as Capet

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Yes, we can arrange professional installation on all flooring including Vinyl and Carpet.

Rachaelasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

I'm after feedback on the quality of smartstrand carpet long after installation please. Any complaints or compliments?

Koocnaj
Koocnaj

We installed Smartstrand carpet but that was only seven months ago. It is not high traffic areas, just bedrooms. So far we have been very pleased with the carpet.

Thanks :)

Andrew V
Andrew V

We just bought Silk Trends Smart Strand Carpet from Harvey Norman. Beautiful to walk on but have not had any success in trying to vacuum clean it so far.
We've had a Valet ducted vacuum system in our house for 20 yrs (and had it upgraded to a more modern, better performing power unit about 10 yrs ago).
Tried to vacuum the carpet with my TK270 Wessel air driven turbo brush but no success. Found it very difficult to push the vacuum over the carpet and the turbo brush just dies when it hits the carpet as there is no air flow through this plush carpet. I figured that I probably need to get a more suitable head for this kind of carpet so I purchased a TK2 turbo brush which has a reputation for working well with carpets having a thicker pile. No success here either! Very hard to push the head over the carpet and although this turbo brush does not stop spinning completely, it slows right down and stops spinning frequently. Next move was to move away from using a turbo head so I tried a brand new Wessel combination floor tool. This is a basic head that can be used on carpet and hard floors (with a retractable brush). This just sticks to the carpet like glue and cannot be pushed at all. I tried opening the bleed valve on the hose handle to reduce suction but this only helped marginally. The only way I can move the vacuum head over the carpet is to turn the vacuum off and even then it doesn't glide over the carpet very well. Other complaint; if you do somehow manage to vacuum the carpet, it all needs to be done in the same direction (like raking sand) otherwise it looks horrible. When you're done, you then notice every footprint in the carpet. Will be talking this up with Harvey Norman and looking for some kind of resolution.

Update: Guys at Harvey Norman flooring were not too helpful. Thankfully the girls in Harvey Norman vacuum dept were very helpful. They were very aware of the problem and looked after us with a good price on a Bosch Zoo portable bagged cleaner that looks like it will do the Job quite well. What a contrast in customer service!

Jay

Jayasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Can I get a trial piece of the smartstrand carpet for a period of time to decide whether it is the best option for me? I am looking at re-carpeting my house. I did speak to a salesman at Browns Plains but he wasn't helpful, more condescending. Thanks, J

Hi Jay,

Apologies for the level of service you encountered. We've spoken to Browns Plains franchisee and he is happy to assist you with your enquiry. Please contact the store (07)3380 0662 at your convenience time.

Gibbo

Gibboasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Hi we want to put in our kitchen and family room Harvey Norman Timber Impressions Black Label, as this is a big area we were wondering if it would be hard wearing, and if it was noise? We have been to speaking to the guys at HN at Liverpool who were very helpful, and have explained that this is laminate flooring. Is this flooring easy to keep clean do you see marks on it?

Rick
Rick

Research

track
track

I laid Harvey Norman's timber impression floating floors in 3 rental units over 8 years ago and they still look amazing. However beware that big companies change their suppliers from time to time and just keep the branding so you'd want to check that it was coming from the same sourcem

The Special Oneasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Hi! Can anyone tell me if they have the wonderful carpet Smartstrand Silk carpet installed? If so, can you please tell me which vacuum you use that can easily glide across this carpet? I LOVE my carpet but cannot find a suitable vacuum that makes it easy to clean. I've been to Godfrey and 3 experts there could not find a vacuum in their stock that is easy to use on this carpet! HELP please. Thank you! Ingrid.

Hi,

We recommend you to look at the following;

The Bosch Zoo which we’ve had available for a while now http://www.harveynorman.com.au/bosch-zoo-o-proanimal-vacuum-cleaner.html.

The 2 new products that we have are the Electrolux ZUF4207ACT http://www.electrolux.com.au/products/vacuum_cleaners/canister_vacuums/zuf4207act/ and the Miele http://www.harveynorman.com.au/miele-comfort-electro-plus-c3-vacuum-cleaner-bronze.html.

Sebo is available from Feb 1st 2016.

However, I’d suggest that you speak with your local Harvey Norman electrical department and they’ll be able to take you through the range that would be suitable.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

The Special One

Thanks I will go to Harvey Norman again as the vacuum they sold me is very difficult to use on my carpet.

Kerry

Kerryasked

Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

Do you recommend Godfrey Hurst "Nifty" 100% soft nylon carpet? I have read so many bad reviews re Godfrey Hurst carpets. I'm thinking twice about having it laid.

Harvey Norman Flooring THarvey Norman The Flooring Specialist

We certainly recommend Godfrey Hirst’s Nylon Nifti carpet range and we back this support up by stocking the product in most states to enable quicker installation for our customers. Having checked our database, we have not had one complaint received re the Nifti carpet range. We are confident you will be more than satisfied with this popular carpet.

Toni
Toni

Hello , I cannot respond regarding your question as I do not know anything about this particular carpet .. My blog was to give Harvey Norman praise regarding my carpet laying experience with them. Regards Toni

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman The Flooring Specialist representatives