HelloFresh Questions & Answers

3.7 from 3,959 reviews

94 questions from our users

Teneale J.

Teneale J.asked

My box got delivered at 12:30pm but we were out until 9:30pm will the the meat and veggies still be ok after being left out that long?

Kathryn L.HelloFresh

Hi Teneale,

Thanks for reaching out!

We've worked hard to design our specialist packaging to keep your food cool and fresh for 8-10 hours outside of the fridge. Your box remains refridgerated throughout production and delivery - so only leaves the fridge once it's been delivered.

The brown paper bags should be safe to consume - you may want to use your best judgement with any of the cooler items, especially the meat, depending on how melted the ice packs are and how the items look/smell.

If you have any specific items that you'd like further clarification on, feel free to reach out to our awesome Customer Care team who'd be happy to assist you!

You can reach us via:

Hope this helps!

- Kathryn

Carm

Carmasked

How do I remove my credit card details. I don't like when any company keeps your details. I prefer to enter them each time.

Kathryn L.HelloFresh

Hi Carm,

Thanks for reaching out!

If a customer asks us to remove their card details from the system, we're happy to do this! We just pop through a request with our Accounts Team and this will be processed and reflect on your end in no longer than 3 business days.

Due to us being a subscription service and requiring a nominated payment method on any active subscription, we'll only be able to do this once you've successfully cancelled your subscription.

As long as your account is cancelled, you can reach us via phone (02) 8188 8722, live chat on our website www.hellofresh.com.au, direct message on Facebook here: http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau or you can always email these details through to hello@hellofresh.com.au.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any trouble getting in touch!

Darren Y.

Darren Y.asked

How do you find what ingredients are in the pre made spices I cant eat anything that has anything made with prawns

Yvonne T

I would ask that question through the messenger link on hello fresh Facebook page...they are very efficient in replying

Hi Darren,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We understand how tricky it can be with a household of different requirements, so our Food Info Page is here to save the day! For specific information about our exclusive spice blends and sauces, jump onto our Food Info page at www.hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo which shows the country of origin, a list of ingredients and also any allergens.

Our recipes for the upcoming few weeks can be found online here, so you know ahead of time what substitutions might be necessary. You can also swap meals you aren't able to enjoy with other options on the menu!

I hope this answered your question! If you need a hand with anything else, you can chat with our friendly Customer Care team 24/7 via the contact page on our website at www.hellofresh.com.au/contact-page

Brenton M.

Brenton M.asked

Hi my last order was left outside on hot day under the porch for 3-4 hours, Will the meat still bd ok? It was packaged well in ice

Yvonne T

Hello brenton....from my experience it should be fine....if the ice packs were still ice or only thawed a bit....and you put it straight in the fridge when you got homr...the icepacks and the chill bag work really well..again from my experience

Hi Brenton,

Thanks so much for getting in touch!

All our boxes are transported in refrigerated trucks and are packaged using specialty insulation and environmentally friendly cooling agents in order to keep your groceries fresh - whatever the weather. This will keep everything cool and fresh for a minimum of 8 hours in case you're not home when your box arrives.

As long as the ice packs and ingredients inside the cool pouch were cool to touch when you unpacked your box, it seems our cool pouch and ice packs have worked their magic!

If you have any other questions or need a hand with your account or deliveries, our Customer Care Team are available 24/7 / 7 days a week and are more than happy to help!

You can reach us via:

Deniseasked

are you a NDIS provider?

Hi Denise,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sadly, we do not have NDIS payment scheme at the moment, but we'll pass on your suggestion to our team - they're always keen to hear how we can improve and expand our service!

If you ever need a hand with your account or deliveries or have another question for us, our Customer Care Team are here to help 24/7! You can reach us via:

Have a beautiful week!

Denise

Thankyou so much for your reply, hopefully we can use you in the future.

Ron K.

Ron K.asked

Phone number

Donna C.
Donna C.

For what reason?

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your question!

Our Customer Care Team are available 24/7 via:

Email - hello@hellofresh.com.au

Looking forward to hearing from you!

fred f
fred f

But this site already lists the phone number, web address and email ?!!

Abigail B.

Abigail B.asked

How long does the meat stay fresh for? Ive read three days but that seems unrealistic considering I got 4 meals and Im not going to cook two meals in one day.

Bilster
Bilster

We have had meat in the chiller all week in our fridge and because all meat is cryovaced
it lasts well and meats hello fresh use are quality .

Hi Abigail,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Our meats have different expiry dates and are fine to consume up until, and including, that day. We use Cryovac technology to package a lot of our meat products, which doesn't use any nasties or chemicals to prolong shelf life. For this reason, fresh air is trapped inside and can occasionally give a confinement odour to the meat once opened. Don't be concerned the meat is perfectly safe to consume and this odour will dissipate once the meat is left open in the air for 5-10 minutes before using it!

We recommend you eat your chicken and seafood first, and after that pork and red meats like beef and lamb can be prepared later in the week. If you know you will not be home to cook, or only want to prepare a portion of your meal, all of our chicken, red meat and pork are fine to be frozen as they have not been frozen previously!

We hope this helps and please don't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly Customer Care team if you have any further questions!

Hi Bilster,

Thank you for spreading the HelloFresh Love!

As excited as we are that you are sharing your experience with the social media world, please refrain from sharing your HelloShare unique code on HelloFresh social pages, HelloFresh channels or within comments on HelloFresh social posts and advertisements (such as YouTube, Facebook and Instagram).

You can still share your code with your friends, on your own posts and other Channels unrelated to HelloFresh.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Robyn R.

Robyn R.asked

We want to re-cook some of the pasta recipes and am wondering what how many grams of pasta you allow for a 2 serve meal

Annette

I usually keep one of the packets of each thing like rice, pasta, cous cous as it has how many grams per pack so if I need to recook it I know how much to make. You could probably find the amount on the app though or contact hello fresh directly

Hi Robyn,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

We're so happy to hear that you'd like to recreate some of our delicious recipes at home! Here at HelloFresh, we want to make dinner time fuss-free so that cooking amazing meals at home is simple. In addition to receiving easy-to-follow recipe cards with step-by-step instructions, youll also receive all the pre-measured ingredients you need to make each meal.

If you don't remember the weight of the ingredient we've sent for a past recipe, we can check in with our recipe team to confirm exactly what's needed to cook one of the family favourites!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly Customer Care team - we're here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us via:

Facebook DM - http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau

Simply let us know the ingredient and recipe and we'll track down the measurements needed!

Institute

Instituteasked

Where do I find the ingredients for your spice mixes. Do they have any additives? Flavour enhancers?

Annette

You need to contact hello fresh directly. I dont work for them, Im a customer.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We understand that transparency is important when it comes to food labelling and so we have a dedicated web page to support this where you can look up information such as ingredients, allergens and the country of origin: https://www.hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo/

The Food Standards Code allows some generic names to be listed on food labels as an exception to the labelling rules - herbs and spices are just two of the generic examples. This means that a food manufacturer isnt legally required to list what those specific herbs and spices are. However, weve been using feedback like yours to work in close collaboration with our suppliers and the good news is over the coming months well be able to provide more detail about our spice blends and the specific ingredients within them, which means our packaging for all our spice blends will be updated accordingly.

Our Food Info web page will be updated in the next few weeks with this new information so keep an eye out for the updates.

Don't hesitate to contact us for anything further.

- Leila

Jan L.

Jan L.asked

Hi! How much rice is in a packet of hello fresh basmati rice - I want to recreate the recipe but on the recipe card it just says 1 packet. Thanks!

Rowville3
Rowville3

It is approx 2/3 of a cup of rice, and we find this amount perfect for the bowl meals!!

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you'd like to re-create our delicious recipes at home, you can add one 154g or 3/4 cup of basmati rice which is the equivilant of one packet supplied in your box!

If you have any questions or feedback, our Customer Care Team are available 24/7 and are happy to help. You can give us a buzz on (02) 8188 8722 or send us a direct message on Facebook at http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau.

I hope this helps - happy cooking!

Peter

Peterasked

This is a useless web site, have tried multiple times to try and reset password , tried to register says already exists but I never had chance to complete forms.. Bet they will lose a lot of new customers..

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out!

We're so sorry to hear you're having such trouble with the website! Our website has been designed to make managing your subscription as convenient as the rest of our service, and it's extremely disappointing to hear this hasn't been the case for you.

If you haven't already, reach out to our friendly Customer Care Team who will be able to help you get logged back into your account. They're available 24/7 via:
Live chat - hellofresh.com.au
Facebook DM - http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau.

Let us know if you have any trouble getting in touch!

Helen S.

Helen S.asked

I absolutely love Hello Fresh but have found a problem with your app, I recently needed to change delivery address and wasnt able to change on the app, had to make a phone call, and was told I could change it back again via the app, but despite many attempts, it seems that this is not possible. Seemed to be an issue with getting the details to save. I had to skip for two weeks because I was unable to revert to previous address and was busy at the time and hadnt got around to calling. Eventually phoned to get this rectified, please advise how to do this as Im sure others must change delivery addresses from time to time also. I spend time between two addresses and will need to do this frequently
Helen Sheedy

Hi Helen,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Although it's great to hear you love HelloFresh, we're so sorry to hear you've had this much trouble with our app!

We created our app to make managing your subscription on-the-go easy and convenient, and it's disappointing to hear that this has provided the complete opposite for you. The last thing we'd want is our customers having to take the time out of their busy schedules to have to call us every time they want to adjust their subscription!

Sometimes, apps can get a little stuck if they need to be updated, so definitely check your app is up-to-date. If it is, we recommend deleting and re-downloading the app. If you've already done this and are still experiencing issues, please let us know which software you're using (Apple, Android etc) so we can report this to our Tech Team for them to try and fix up.

In the meantime, we have a handy website that you should be able to use to update your address whenever you need. Just head to hellofresh.com.au and the login will be in the top right-hand corner of the page! If you need to contact customer care again, we're also available 24/7 via Live Chat on our website, as well as on Facebook DM.

We really hope this helps, Helen! Please feel free to get back in touch with us here if you continue to experience problems with the app.

Suzanne S.

Suzanne S.asked

Does hello fresh food have MSG?

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your question!!

At HelloFresh, we're all about fresh food and convenience, so sourcing the best high-quality products is one of our biggest priorities. Transparency is vital for any fresh food situation, not only for allergies but peace of mind too, so we always want our customers to know what they're getting in their delicious boxes. All ingredients and additives will be printed on the label of the product, however, you can also plan ahead and find this information on our Food Info page here: www.hellofresh.com.au/foodinfo.

Added MSG is often hard to avoid in Asian sauces like oyster sauce, however, we are consciously sourcing without this additive wherever feasible. On the rare occasion that there is any added MSG to a product, it will be indicated on the product label as 'flavour enhancer (621)'.

I hope this helped! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions - our Customer Care Team are available 24/7 to support you.

Anthony D.asked

Can you please sequentialise the instructions with regards to preparation. How many pots and bowls will be needed? If the cut up cucumber will go first into the small bowl, can you please say this at the point of cutting the the cucumber. When it’s time to add the milk, can you put it there in the sentence, how much milk, don’t make me start a search on the card for the quantity. I’ve learned to cross out lines as I do them, so as to not skip something, but every time I am thinking these instructions could be made easier. The meal at the end is delicious, but the steps are frustrating and usually much longer than the estimate.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

We're so sorry that you've found our recipe cards trickier than expected - as a service based on convenience, this feedback is invaluable, so thank you again!

We've put a lot of thought into the layout and presentation of the recipe cards to try and make dinner time as fuss-free as possible; from the placement of ingredients and quantities in the top right-hand corner to every meal being broken down to 6 steps, we aim to make everything smooth-sailing for our customers.

I've saved your feedback and comments to pass on to the team! In the meantime, you might want to consider trying out our "COOK IT" helper, available on our app! Simply click on the recipe you want to make and the green button will appear to starting cooking. From there you'll have each step on the screen as you're doing it - there's even an inbuilt timer that tells you when to start prepping and cooking each ingredient!

I hope this helped!

Liz O.

Liz O.asked

I would be interested to know if I left my Hellofresh empty box and insulated bag plus Gel packs, could you reuse again. seems a waste, and I can only reuse so many of these myself!
liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We really appreciate you taking time to share your feedback! Packaging can be a challenge as we want to uphold the highest standard of food safety and quality for our customers. We used to collect boxes but unfortunately this didn't comply with regulations set by the local Food Authority due to the risk of contamination at the warehouse. We're always looking for new ways to improve our packaging, whilst making sure your food arrives fresh and in the condition you’d expect.

By being a HelloFresh customer, you are reducing food waste both at home and in the supply chain. We source directly from producers and pre-portion where we can, so you only receive what you need. Together we are contributing to a more sustainable food supply chain and this is something we can all be proud of.

If you would like more information on what to do with your packaging, please get in touch with us for any information or visit support.hellofresh.com.au to find out more!

We're please to say that we're working on a few things here at the HelloFresh HQ in relation to packaging and sustainability! Fingers crossed we'll have some positive updates soon.

belladilemma
belladilemma

I agree! I’d love for a way to return the ice packs for reuse.

Anthony D.

I too would like to recycle the box, ice packs, and insulating packaging.

Sarah H75asked

How do I contact you? when I log in and go to 'contact' it just takes me to a tab for download the app. Eventually I gave in and downloaded the app, went to the contact section, which just took me to a tab to download the app. Great work. ... what I wanted to contact you about is that I received only 1 of the choices I ordered. Although the menu page says that I ordered what I received. I did the order twice as it failed the first time and I checked the second time. Methinks you have tech issues. I have food I don't want. Also, the tomatoes are pretty much green, yuck.

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for getting in touch - we're so sorry you had so much trouble reaching our Customer Care Team!

We're available 24/7 for your convenience, so there should always be someone you can chat to if there's ever a problem! You van reach us via:

- Phone: (02) 8188 8722
- Live chat: hellofresh.com.au
- Facebook DM: http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau
- Email: hello@hellofresh.com.au

How to access these contact options on the website:

When you click the "Contact" button on our website, it should open up a window connecting to our Help Centre, which will populate some possible answers to your question when you type it in. If that doesn't help or you still want to chat with a human, you can simply click the "Contact Support" button at the bottom of that window to open up all our live Customer Care options!

How to access these contact option on the app:

When you head to the "Settings" tab on our app, there should be a "Contact Us" option, which will prompt the same steps as above.

I double checked our contact options on our website and app and it seems to be working perfectly on our end - if the app is playing up, try deleting and reinstalling it to ensure all recent updates have downloaded correctly. With our website, Google Chrome tends to be the most optimised platform! Please ensure that you clear your browser history and cookies and that should sort out any glitches you're experiencing!

I hope this helped - let us know if you have any other questions!

Sarah H75

Thank you for your reply. Am now on my work computer and contact takes me to a live chat. It is also working on my phone via the mobile website too and I didn't change anything so it must have been glitching last night (or so slow to load that it just appeared as a white box?). It would be good if your email was on your page too in case live chat doesn't work.

GemmaHelloFresh

Amazing to hear it's working now! Perhaps there was a disruption with the network at the time?

Regarding our email, we did previously have it listed as an option on our website. The reason why we're favouring the live interaction options at the moment is due customer feedback detailing that they prefer the one-contact resolution! By having a live, continuing conversation, it avoids unnecessary back-and-forth email chains so that we can provide support and answers on the spot!

Customer's can still get in touch with us via our direct email or by replying to any past email correspondence! I'll definitely pass the feedback on to the team though, so that this doesn't go unheard!

Weezy

Weezyasked

Any plans to update the app so it actually makes sense? It's the least user friendly app I've ever used! And why, when trying to use some functions does it say "download the Hello Fresh app"?

Hannah N.HelloFresh

Hi Weezy,

Thanks for reaching out to bring this to our attention!

We would really like to hear more about your feedback to see how we can better the functionality of our application! We want our App and website to be as user friendly as possible for all our customers as it should be as easy and convenient as the service we provide.

If you would like to contact our customer care team via email (hello@hellofresh.como.au) or via online chat/Facebook DM and request for your feedback to be passed over to Joshua I'll make sure it gets to where it needs to go!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
-Joshua

Melody A.

Melody A.asked

We just ordered the surf and turf meats. How is it kept frozen during transport?

Hi Melody,

Thanks for your question!

All of our chicken, red meat and pork are fine to be frozen as they have not been frozen previously! Our warehouses where we pack all your yummy boxes are kept at a cool 5 degrees at all times. Once your box is ready to go, our couriers start their route to deliver to your doorstep.

We've worked with our partners to develop a continuous cold chain supply - all our courier trucks are refrigerated so your box remains chilled right up until delivery.

All meats, dairy and chilled produce are packed in your plant-based, insulated cool pouch, fit with 1-2 heavy duty ice bricks so ensure your ingredients are kept cold for up to 8 hours once they're delivered to you.

I hope this helped! Please feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care Team if you have any other questions. You can reach us via live chat on our website or through direct message on Facebook here: http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau or you can always email us via hello@hellofresh.com.au.

Happy cooking!

Ryan C.

Ryan C.asked

First couple boxes were ok and there was a deal on so wasn’t to bad and they had a deal on so wasn’t to bad priced. Then pretty much from there was mostly crap most meals were tiny, was far from fresh, had mouldy veg, meat that was very close to out of date, missing ingredients, had to supply most of the ingredients and was expensive. Wouldn’t recommend it at all.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for getting in touch about this!

It's so concerning to hear about the issues with your first box - this doesn't sound like the true HelloFresh experience at all!

Regarding the ingredients, we do assume you have a bit of pantry, but we keep it pretty basic. The only ingredients you should be required to supply at home (besides water, oil, salt/pepper) are items like milk, eggs, butter, honey and the occasional soy sauce or brown sugar (which are totally optional to include - you're in the drivers seat)!

We aim to keep our packaging to a minimum and as most households have these bulk staples already, it saves more harm caused to the environment by avoiding packing the teaspoon servings of these ingredients. In terms of all included items, as a service based on convenience, we pride ourselves on 'packing to perfection'! Like any hand picked warehouse environment, sometimes human errors can occur and we may get things wrong from time to time (not by any means an excuse, merely an unfortunate reality).

The action a company takes after admitting their hiccups is so important - that's why we always work with our customers to ensure they aren't left out of pocket for our mistakes. We have a compensation and error tracking tool on every account to see this through!

I would love the chance to speak with you over the phone about this experience! If this is something you're up for, please leave the following details with our Customer Care Team and I'll organise a time to talk about this:

- Name, phone number and best time to call
- Email and delivery address on your HelloFresh account
- The avenue which you contacted us on (Facebook, Instagram, TrustPilot, Product Review, Google Reviews etc)
- Ask to speak with Gemma or Francesca

You can reach us via live chat on our website www.hellofresh.com.au or direct message on Facebook here: http://fb.com/msg/hellofreshau or you can always email these details through to hello@hellofresh.com.au.

I hope to hear from you!

Veronica

Veronicaasked

We love the meals but are diappointed that in the 3 weeks so far theres no fish, or the next 4weeks. Can this be passed on as feedback please?
Thanks Veronica

Hi Veronica,

Thanks so much for getting in touch about this!

If you haven't had any fish options, it sounds like you may be on our Family Plan - this one is specifically created for younger palettes (kids aged 4-12) and fussy eaters, so we tend to steer clear of exotic spices and ingredients with this plan.

If you're up for giving our Classic Box a try, this one can work just as well for families - if there's every a recipe with ingredients your little ones don't like, (such as chilli flakes) you can simple omit the ingredient all together or just add them later in your own dish! We always have at least one fish option every week for Classic Box customers!

Otherwise, if you wish to stick to your current plan, you can always download all our recipes through our Recipe Archive via the link below - simply search for a recipe, click on the meal you want to make and scroll down for the instructions!

We'll definitely pass on the feedback to incorporate fish dishes in the Family Box - our Products Team are always eager to hear what our customers want to see more/less of!

Let us know if you have any other questions!

- Gemma

Get an answer from our members and HelloFresh representatives

Other Food Delivery Services