Hotondo Homes Questions & Answers

ACT, Canberra, NSW, VIC, etc...
Listing monitored by Hotondo Homes

113 questions from our users

Ravi
Raviasked

Hi HH Team

Just felt really bad speaking to one of your Sales staff today and I thought I should leave some feedback. So I am building the 2nd time and I thought of trying another builder for my second build. So I spoke to one of your sales staff (on phone) and after all basic questions I was asked about my budget and I clearly gave a range and then I was put off by the sales person that it is not possible, bla bla bla, etc. She even cut me a few times and wouldn't even let me put my point. Wow

Please remember business works both ways. I don't know which builder I end up with, but I know which ones to avoid for sure.

Anyways, you guys seem to be doing good with all the reviews and I am quite happy for your happy customers. Keep up the good work.

RT

leo
leo

Horsham Hotondo staff exc in every way , very helpful to us

Hi Ravi,
Thank you for contacting Hotondo Homes. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your experience and we take this kind of feedback seriously. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience, so if you have any further information that you wish to share, please contact our Customer Care team at customercare@hotondo.com.au.

Steve L.
Steve L.asked
Hotondo Homes

We're looking for a fair bit of plastering (ceiling work, architraves, etc.) throughout our home plus a complete bathroom refurbishment. Can Hotondo Homes help us out with this? We're at Emu Plains.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your question. As we are primarily a new home builder, refurbishments are not a part of our core services. However, if you are ever looking to build a new home, your local Hotondo Homes builder will be happy to assist. All the best with your refurbishments!

Tcm
Tcm asked
Hotondo Homes

We’ve looked at a few designs with hotondo that we love, does anyone know if you’re aloud to bring your own trade along to your build instead of using their trades? (Plumbing and electrical) just a question before I drive 2.5 hours to look at their display homes

Yes. Ours was our own design.

Hi Tcm,
Thanks for getting in touch with us. Unfortunately, this is not something we offer as our builders are responsible for the maintenance, compliance and quality of the build and introducing a third party may compromise this. In addition, the Housing Industry Association recommends our builders use their own reputable trades and contractors. Should you wish to reach out to your local builder, you can get in contact with them by calling 1800 677 156 or by visiting www.hotondo.com.au.
Rachel

Aimos
Aimosasked
Hotondo Homes

Hello, where can I see reviews for homes built on the Mornington Peninsula?

Hi Aimos,
The closest builder we have for the Mornington Peninsula is our team in Clyde. You can find their reviews here: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/hotondo-homes-vic-clyde
Rachel

Hope this all helps!

Mike B.
Mike B.asked
Hotondo Homes

I found some information online ( https://us2.campaign-archive.com/?u=cd3f1def4543159839ace9126&id=a3a1dc179b ) about a new Clara 301 display home being open "early next year", but the post did not have a date - When will the Clara 301 display home be opened? Are there any photos of the internals? This really helps deciding which design to choose.

Hi Mike,
The Clara display is expected to open in mid April. We cannot confirm the exact date just yet. We do not have photos of everything completed just yet but if you send us a private message through our socials we can shoot something through once we do have them available. I hope that helps.
Thanks, Rose

Aimos
Aimosasked
Hotondo Homes

Hello, approximately how long does it take to build the Vista 210 home and also, what is the base price? Thanks

Hi Aimos,
The average build time for a single storey home is approximately 6-7 months from the start of construction however, there are a number of variables that can affect the timing such as the block itself (is it a standard block or are you building on a slope, etc.), inclement weather, availability of trades etc. As you begin your home building process your local Hotondo Homes builder will take all the variables into account and include an estimated number of days within your contract. As we're a national building company our pricing can vary depending on where you're looking to build. It's best to contact your local Hotondo Homes builder directly to discuss both build times and base prices to ensure you're getting the most accurate information. You can find them by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/.
Hope this all helps!

Andrea
Andreaasked
Hotondo Homes

My home is 10 yrs old....I have bad mould in the ensuite. Whole thing has to be ripped out.
No waterproof membrane when it was pulled apart. Am I covered for this damage I wonder.
I have photos to prove it. Dangerous to our health as well
Andrea Bourke

Hi Andrea,
I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Can you please contact our customer care team by emailing customercare@hotondo.com.au with further information regarding the issue as well as who the local builder you worked with was?

Wendy
Wendyasked
Hotondo Homes

Hi, just wondering how much per square for a house to be built on my land in Lilydale thank you

Hi Wendy,
As we're a national building business our pricing varies depending on where you're looking to build. You would need to contact the Lilydale team directly to find out more. You can find them by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/lilydale/.

Doug F.
Doug F.asked
VIC, Inverloch

Venus Bay to build 2 bedroom , open plan, kitchen with walk in pantry, family ,dining. Do you have any plans for smaller homes like this ?

Hi Doug,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We definitely build in Venus Bay. We don't have any standard two bedroom floor plans however all our designs are completely flexible and can be modified to suit. It will be best to speak directly to the local team about what they can do for you. You can contact them by visiting www.hotondo.com.au.

Jimmy T.
Jimmy T.asked
TAS, Sorell

Regard to the NB Contracting Pty Ltd, should Hotondo respond to the loss for clients, Hotondo has to do something, not only asking people to consult government departments.
I am one of the Hotondo customers and I lost 22k in this matter.

Hi Jimmy,
We're sorry to hear about your frustration and the matter. Can you please get in contact with our Customer Care team by emailing customercare@hotondo.com.au to discuss this further?

butterflykiss
butterflykissasked
Hotondo Homes

We are struggling to decide on a plan! Has anyone built the new Alden 292 they would be happy to share their opinion/photos?

Hi Butterflykiss,
The Alden 292 is a very new design so we don't have any that have gone to construction just yet. There are a number of Alden 312s that have been built that we can try to get some photos of for you if you like. Our home designs are also flexible which means if there's something you'd like to change in any of our floor plans we can do that. The builders can guide you through this to ensure the changes don't disrupt the structural integrity of the home. If that is something that interests you please send through an email address via private message or contact us through any of our social media platforms.

Bady
Badyasked

Hi
Want to contact melton south.victoria.no proper conversation.can u pls give darren pollock direct number not receptionist.One month has been passed.
Regards
Badar

Hi Badar,
Let me follow this up with the Melton team and I'll have Darren give you a call as soon as he can.

AntonyD
AntonyDasked
VIC

I'm interested in a compact, 4 bedroom house with an 8 star rating. Thermal efficiency is very important - warm in winter, cool in summer, with minimal energy required - just intelligent design. Can Hotondo make any of its smaller single storey 4 bedroom designs to an 8 Star rating? Approximately how much extra would it cost? Assume the block allows optimal north facing orientation.

Hi Anthony,
You would need to speak directly to your local builder to determine exactly what they could do to meet your need and what the costs associated may be. You can reach your local builder by calling 1800 677 156 or by visiting www.hotondo.com.au.

Navi Rahejaasked
Hotondo Homes

hi there, how can I read reviews specific to Hotondo Homes, Central Coast NSW Franchise?

cheers
navi

Hi Navi,
Yes you can take a look at their reviews here https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/hotondo-homes-nsw-gosford.

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your Swift reply.

The link doesn't work and says

"Listing not found :(

This page does not exist or it has been removed"

Can you please help?

cheers
navi

Hi Navi,

Can you give it another try? I just realised the link may have picked up the full stop after the URL. It should definitely be working.

Andrew M.
Andrew M.asked
VIC

Once deposit is paid how long till contracts are ready for the banks?

Colin P
Colin P

In my experience Hotondo contracts were ready straight away and we had to wait for bank! Our build was complete from deposit to move in ahead of the twelve month time frame they gave us

Philip Roberts
Philip Roberts

Once all the colours and finishes etc are finalised the Contracts are ready for signing quite quickly.
Once signed they can go to the bank.

Hi Andrew,
This can vary depending on each situation as a lot of factors can contribute to contracts being finalised including land being titled, colour selections etc. It's best to speak directly to your builder about time frames as they'll have the background knowledge on where everything is at.
Hope that helps.

umesh r.
umesh r.asked
VIC

Anyone built with Hotondo near Werribee, Melbourne? and how is the experience? where can i find the standard inclusions? Do they offer custom builds?

Hi Umesh,
You can find our standard inclusions by visiting www.hotondo.com.au. We have three ranges of home designs which each have their own set of standard inclusions - Forever Retreat, Forever Sanctuary and Forever Oasis. Our builders also offer flexible floor plans meaning they can work with your to tailor our designs in order to suit your needs. Hope that helps.

Shane J
Shane J

Hi Umesh, Run from Hotondo mate, we are 13 months into our 4 month build - terrible experience

kk a.
kk a.asked
VIC, South Morang

Hi
I have a sloping land in Doreen, just wondering if you have any suitable home designs or do you undertake split level construction.

Hi kk a,
We definitely do undertake split level construction and have a range of home designs to suit sloping blocks depending on the fall of the land. We can also tailor our standard home designs to suit sloping blocks but again this will depend on the fall of the block. You can take a look at our split level home designs here https://hotondo.com.au/new-home-designs/?split=1 but it is best to discuss your options directly with the South Morang team who is the local builder for the area. The team would be happy to come out and visit the site to give you a better understanding of how it may work. You can find all the information about the South Morang team by visiting https://hotondo.com.au/home-builders/south-morang/.
Hope that helps!

Kathy
Kathyasked

Do you build in SA and if so on Sloping block. Thankyou

Hi Kathy,
Yes we do. We have builders based in Riverland and Port Pirie who would be able to assist. We also have a number of home designs suited for sloping blocks and may also be able to tailor standard designs depending on the slope itself. You can find out more about our SA builders and home designs by visiting www.hotondo.com.au. Hope that helps!

James B.
James B.asked
Hotondo Homes

Hi, has anyone built with Hotondo homes Junee?

Hi James,
There has been a 5-star review left for the Junee team which you can see by visiting > https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/hotondo-homes-nsw-junee

There was also a brand new testimonial which has been shared on the Hotondo Homes Junee Facebook page that you may like to take a look at. You can read that by visiting https://www.facebook.com/HotondoHomesJunee/photos/a.486119798570012/706773296504660/?type=3.

I hope that helps!