Jeep Grand Cherokee WG/WJ

Jeep Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004) Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

23 questions from our users

bill morris
bill morrisasked

what will my v6 petrol model tow

Newt
Newtasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I need to buy a recon engine for my v8 ,2003 WG jeep.Auto..1 is available in QLD.Does anyone know if it would suit my Overland jeep?Supplier said "should fit".Any advice would be appreciated.

All v8 are the same

RB
RB

Lee H.
Lee H.
lakeyre
lakeyreasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Alternator is overcharging on 2000 WG Jeep. I tried to fit external regulator but without success. Alternator is Bosch. Any advice on how to fix the problem would be appreciated.
Rob

Legend

Sorry mate, cant help you with that. Best of luck.

Bill S
Bill Sasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I have just bought a Grand Cherokee 2004 V8 it has an issue fuel wise can any one help and the exhaust lights light up

Mark C
Mark Casked

Hi,
Today my 2004 overland sounds as though the motor has gone, its only done 180,000 and its the 4.7lt petrol. I have maintained it since having it from 2006 so I'm a little disappointed given its been pretty reliable mechanically wise this whole time. About the same time last year I had the timing chain replaced at a cost of $2500.
Any ideas what a reconditioned engine would cost ? Or where best to go, I'm in Victoria.

Cheers, Mark.

L.M.
L.M.
josh
joshasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

l have a grand Cherokee 2001 4 litre loredo the problem im having is when accelerating it will miss fire randomly could someone please give me an idea?

caravanJimbo
caravanJimbo
caskell
caskellasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

2.7 diesel does it have a fuel mixture screw on fuel pump?

Bob
Bobasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

My 2001 2.7crd has an intermitent fault, I can start the engine -no problem- put it into drive and it wont move. Had it towed home and the following morning its fine. this has happened now twice. Is it a problem with the TCM?

brett
brett

sounds like the module this happens to mine

bob
bob

There is a safety cut out which prevents the vehicle from moving/being driven if the coolant level in the resivour is bellow a certain level.

Steve
Steveasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Will a 2 inch left effect the front drive shaft cv or cause diff rotation ?

does a diesel need a tow pack to tow a 3000kg caravan

Johan
Johan

I would suggest you talk to a Jeep dealer or the caravan manufacturer.

Jacob
Jacob

I am not sure what you mean by a tow pack. I have a standard jeep tow bar fitted and use the " easylift hitch and level rides" for towing a 3000kg caravan.

Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Does anyone know the ball weight of a Grand Cherokee diesel?

Kabyu

ok thanks for that info .

PajPlat09
PajPlat09

Hi,
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a maximum ball weight of 350kg. Remember this will have to be included in your payload.
Cheers

Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

is Quadra-drive standard in diesels sold in Australia?

Alexski

My understanding is Yes for WJs and WGs. When you ticked the diesel option it came with Quadradrive. This is no longer the case with current model.

Thankyou

Gray
Grayasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Anyone had problems with the WG series towbar mounts?

Richard
Richard
sidel
sidelasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

What is difference between WG and WJ?

Pussiewrecker
Pussiewrecker

Nothing. Just a reclassification by Jeep Australia. Tomata tomato

lakeyre
lakeyreasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Where can I buy a keyless entry remote fob for a 2000 4 litre WJ Jeep built in Austria?

TenaciousD
TenaciousD
Newby2jeep
Newby2jeepasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Swapping a 2003 grand Cherokee motor into a 2002. Both are 4.0 liter Powertec. Is there some problem with the ECM matching? Are they the same generation ECM?

black duck
black duck

yes they will work fine

Dave
Daveasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I have a 2004 grand Cherokee vision, the engine light keeps going on and off all of a sudden, it upsets everything, the aircon works backwards won't let it change gears(auto), also derates itself, any ideas?

arjays
arjays

Sorry but I can't help you
Ask a mechanic or go onto a jeep forum for help.

Norman Spencer
Norman Spencer

Yes, there sounds like you have a dry joint on the computer board.

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer
saad.alhdad.77
saad.alhdad.77asked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Does anyone know, what kind of oil it used for transmission gearbox A/T for Jeep Cherokee limited model 1999?

GreenGo
GreenGo

Do not risk Transmission oil from a car parts shops. Go to a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep and buy their MOPAR ATF+4. It's the best. Cheers

dljacko

My mechanic was a Jeep dealer employee and he did a complete oil change and service on my WJ and used ATF+4 from Repco, as were all the other oils used.

SPARKS
SPARKS
judy
judyasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

justgot a 2003 jeep limited grand what r they like why hasnt it got a sun roof?

youknow_tupouasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and occasionally have a issue starting the vehicle or while driving having the problem of the 4x4 turning off as in loosing power and control of the car. Also the petrol fuel gauge drops in and out at times. Is this a fuel issue or is it an ignition key fault? Or a computer problem?

Bogboy1970
Bogboy1970
youknow_tupou

It displays ABS and check engine but sometimes the check gauges light. I think it's a fuel problem as the petrol light stays on when I know I've got more then half a tank but when it reads the petrol it's fine so I'm guess fuel filter or fuel pump.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

Other Large / 7 Seater SUVs