Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions & Answers

WK, WG/WJ, WH, ZG
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

134 questions from our users

Maria
Mariaasked
Grand Cherokee

My Jeep Cherokee 2012 Jet model went in for its 120,000 service yesterday and I was advised the rack and pinion is leaking and that I will need to have it replaced and the cost would be $6k-$7K. The car has never been off road and I was been working from home since Covid March 2020 in Vic. How long can I drive it around with the leak and has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the cost please.

tony s
tony sasked

does the 2012 wk2 diesel have a transmission cooler

Si D
Si Dasked

What is the best fuel to use in grand cherokee overland 2013 my13 3.6l

Hi
I always use 95 , it gives great mileage and good pickup to car. Unless you car is recommended for 98.

Malcolm M.
Malcolm M.asked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

Hey probably a dumb question but I have just recently brought a 2008 grand Cherokee Laredo WH and I’m trying to find parts for it what’s the difference between the WH and the WK and why can’t I find anything when I search for the WH

Steve
Steve

Try WK1,thats what the yanks call it

Derek W.
Derek W.asked
Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2021)

Hi, has anyone done an exhaust upgrade on 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee S-Limited? Wondering if it is a custom job or are there bolt on options? Thanks

Brian M
Brian Masked
Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2021)

2015 3.0 litre Diesel Engine, Engine oil has recently started getting hot. Normally ran at 88 degrees, but now goes into the 100's before i pull it up. Ambient temp is only 25 degrees. Only 110k on the clock. Any thoughts

Janice Sturgess
Janice Sturgessasked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WH has developed a fault in the ignition immobiliser which means it mostly refuses to start. (Runs great once it does randomly fire) Ordered parts 3 months ago through Jeep and one had to come from USA. Now been told there were none in stock and it has to be manufactured and may not come through until well into 2021. Any one have any options re how to get the car on the road reliably again. (I have had Jeeps for 20 years now to tow our horse float. So it is risky to head out with the horses on board if the car is not functioning properly.)

Alan P.
Alan P.asked
Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2021)

My grand chorokee 2015, the back sits higher than the front. As a result it is wearing out back tyres very quickly. We have gone into suspension , checked odd exit / entry. We have also put it in tyre jack mode and waited for it reset . Stll does not appear to sitting level. ( tyres leaning inwatd ) any light on this please?

bill morris
bill morrisasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

what will my v6 petrol model tow

Max Fry
Max Fryasked
WK Laredo RWD Petrol (2010-2021)

Looking at may be buying a 2015 Grand Cherokee petrol what is your thoughts on towing a caravan with this

soorex
soorex

If u want power than srt models(v8 engine) would be good.

Jag

3.5 tonne is recommended for v6 I think.

Linda P.asked
Grand Cherokee

Have a question I’m looking at buying a 2020 grand Jeep Cherokee s limited V8 or diesel are they reliable and are they expensive on fuel.

Sandy
Sandy

We love our 2020 Grand Jeep Overland which is diesel. I personally wouldn’t buy a v8 as are known fuel guzzlers. Ours is not expensive on the open road and not bad around town either.
As for the warranty department that’s a whole new question. Can’t say we’ve been happy there.

Linda P.

So what is the problem with the warranty department when it comes to jeeps. I’ve heard some bad issues is it true.

ntsako m.asked
Grand Cherokee

Which year model is more reliable?

John A.
John A.

Hey, Never buy a Jeep no matter what. You will be buying a lemon and throwing money down the drain.

thanks for advice ,much appreciated

Carol W.
Carol W.asked
Grand Cherokee WH (2005-2010)

I am having a problem with my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited, can’t get rid of the. Service 4WD System Message from the dashboard, Is this a problem...?

Jacko0573
Jacko0573

for mine it was an actuator in the diff of the quadradrive 2 system, expensive part, but takes only an hour to fix.

Leanne B.asked
Grand Cherokee

My 2011 stalls when petrol is below 1/4 tank and going up hill.
Changed fields filters, saddle tank and I think from memory pumps.
Anyone got any other ideas. Happened 4 times now after the above process of elimination and I am all out of ideas.

Probably somewhere down the line, someone has installed the fuel supply and return line onto the wrong terminals as the return line is always shorter. I have seen inexperienced mechanics commonly make this mistake. This could be either mixed up on either the engine side or tank side depending on the cars setup. Let know if the hose swap doesn't fix your problem as i would be extremely surprised.

Hi John.
That makes a lot of sense to me.
Thank you so much. I will get my mechanic to take a look and let you know for sure.

Janet B.
Janet B.asked
Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2021)

The rear shock absorbers on my 2017 Overland are leaking and need replacing. The car has travelled 59,000km on sealed roads, no towing, no off road. Seems to be a manufacturers fault in my view. I’ve never had to replace shock absorbers so early in any car I’ve owned. Is anyone else having this problem? I’ve written to FCA and waiting for a response. I’m not happy about replacing the shocks at my expense.

Lenny
Lennyasked

Hi,
We have a 2012 grand Cherokee with 210k on clock.
Beautiful care we love it always serviced on the 10k with cleaners every 6 tanks with diesel. Of late really sluggish when take of almost a hesitation, never has been like this if anybody could know anything on this as I’m a Chef not a mechanic would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou

chefcros
chefcrosasked
Grand Cherokee

I have a jeep 2014 Cherokee sport . Transmission is jerky, what can I do about this
CROSBY mar

Sue
Sueasked
Grand Cherokee WK (2010-2021)

Gear changers from 1 st to2 when cold are shocking up and down dosent stay in first jumps from 1st to2 then back to first new car 1 year old dec

Gary A.
Gary A.asked

wpold you recommend a 2014 Grand Cherokee petrol

Stan K.
Stan K.

Given my recent experience with Jeep i.e. totally blown motor on a 2016 Grand Cherokee diesel, I'd be hesitant to recommend any of their products. Especially seeing 2012 through 2014 was considered to be a problematic time for their products. The dealer networks seem good, but you can only put some much lipstick on a pig

I owned a 2011 for 5 years that was why I bought a 2017. You need a 2014 to be throughly checked by a motoring club before you buy. Do not expect support from FCA, they put it all back to their dealers, and really do not care.

Newt
Newtasked
Grand Cherokee WG/WJ (1994-2004)

I need to buy a recon engine for my v8 ,2003 WG jeep.Auto..1 is available in QLD.Does anyone know if it would suit my Overland jeep?Supplier said "should fit".Any advice would be appreciated.

Legend
Legend

All v8 are the same

RB
RB

Lee H.
Lee H.

I know this post is old but for those who don't know !!Looks like someone led you astray ..The overlands have a HIGH OUTPUT 4.7 Motor in them . The others have a power tech motor ..lower HP and are different ,, Also different hookups depending on years .You can make them work but the sensors are different. the fuel injectors are different ,different pistons,different cam shafts . different heads ..

Jeep Grand Cherokee