Masterton Homes Questions & Answers

96 questions from our users

Robert D.asked

Good morning,
Looking for assistance. The recent rains, which has been the heaviest and most since we moved into the new house has revealed water leaking in the ground floor ceiling near the wall where the tiled roof butts up to exterior wall of the upper floor. This is a home that we had handover from Masterton in February 2017.
Have tried to contact your Head Office several times but the phone rings out.
What are our options to have the problem rectified?
Can send photos, construction job number and contact details if required.
regards,
Robert

Hello Robert,

We're sorry to hear of your situation, and would like to get someone to look into it for you ASAP.

Can you please email your job number to customer.care@masterton.com.au?

Unfortunately due to the rain, there's been significant road disruption and closures around our head office, which has resulted in staff being unable to arrive this morning. This could be why the phones went unanswered - we apologise for this inconvenience.

Robert D.

Thank you, I will Email the details.
regards,
Robert

Octavian O.

Octavian O.asked

Would homes built by Masterton in the 80's have any asbestos?

Hi Octavian O,
Thank you for contacting us.

We are aware that from the 1940s-1980s materials used did contain asbestos. However, unable to confirm an exact date when the transition occurred to non-asbestos products. We would recommend that you engage a professional to conduct an inspection and Building Report on your home to ascertain the presence of any asbestos that may be present. We hope this helps.

AngeloM

AngeloMasked

Hi Masterton,

I am currently in the process of trying to find a builder. I've seen some I like.

If i'm not happy with something in the contract am I able to amend it? Add and/or take things out? within reason of course.

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for reaching out! Looking for a builder can be equally exciting and daunting, so we hope this helps (and that we're on your shortlist!).

We use the standard HIA NSW Residential Building Contract for New Dwellings, so we are unable to make changes to that document. However in regards to making changes to the design and inclusions/upgrades prior to the contract being signed, then absolutely you can add/or take things out. This is part of the tender process, and one of our New Home Consultants are best to chat to about it.

If you would like us to put you in touch with one of our experts, just send an email to customercare@masterton.com.au with your contact details, what area you're building in and we'll be in touch.

Good luck!

Laura M.

Laura M.asked

Does anyone know who is interior designer and where buy furniture for the masterton display homes?

Hi Laura,

Our interior designers purchase as well as hire furniture from many different suppliers for our display homes. You're more than welcome to email us on customer.care@masterton.com.au with any images of furniture you have seen in our display homes and get back to you with where it's from. We hope this helps.

Kylieasked

2010918

We are currently building a house with Masterton. What would it take to get some feedback on completion date? We are currently 15 calendar months into a build. "We are getting it done " isn't really working for me. With the amount of mistakes continuing to happen at our build site surely they owe me some answers. They just need to reply to the emails in their inbox. Im sick of ringing head office everyday.

Good morning Kylie,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, and we would love to look into this for you. We'll get in touch with the team to raise your concerns and be in touch shortly.

Define Shorty ?

Kylie

Still waiting to get some feedback. Only 12 weeks over our contract date after you walked away for 4.5 months during our build.

Stashasked

Hi there, we are in the process of considering a build with Masterton. Are you able to provide the details of local masterton homeowners to discuss their build experience? I have been hearing stories and would like to do some due diligence.

Masterton HomesMasterton Homes

Hi Stash, Thank you for contacting us. Due to confidentiality and privacy reasons, we are not able to provide you with details of our past/current customers. However, you are more than welcome to flick through our reviews on product review or speak to one of our sales consultants about any questions you may have.
Regards,
Masterton

Stash

Thank you but respectfully your sales agents are not the people who have gone through the experience nor is their priority aftersales satisfaction given their main stakeholder is Masterton. Is there another way to do true due diligence of the quality and experience to give customers some comfort?

I can tell you a story

Tevita H.

Tevita H.asked

Do you also do finance/ loans?

Masterton HomesMasterton Homes

Hi Tevita, unfortunately not, Masterton does not provide any financial services to our customers.

Naresh I.

Naresh I.asked

Do Mastertons provide their building contract for review prior to signing? My contract consultant refuses to provide a copy of the contract for review and said I have come in person to sign it.

Hi Naresh,
Generally, for safety of our customers and for confidentiality reasons we don't post out contracts. Masterton would normally have all of our customers come in to sign contracts. This allows the customer to go through the contract and discuss any concerns that they have with the staff member they dealing with. If you do have any questions or concerns about your contract please do not hesitate to contact the staff who are looking after your build/contract. We hope this helps.

John Hatzimarkou
John Hatzimarkou

They don’t want you to share there build contracts with your solicitor as there is loop holes protecting them.
Always get contracts looked over by independent.

grl8862
grl8862

"Safety of our customers???"
Does the building contract contain potentially explosive clauses? :O
This policy sounds sinister, and hard to imagine it's there for the customer's benefit. What does Joe average know about building contracts.

Cheryl C.

Cheryl C.asked

Does the Warwick farm display centre have a kids playground?

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you for contacting us.
The Warwick Farm display village unfortunately does not have a kids playground.

Regards,
Masterton

Sue T.asked

Did materials used for building masterton homes in the mid 1970’s contain asbestos?

We are remodelling our home and are considering changing and removing some walls and I am concerned that costs will blow out if asbestos is found.

Hi Sue,

Sue T.

One more question if possible please. Is there any way to obtain house plans for the Miami, three bedroom one bathroom built in the 1970’s? We are doing some renovations and it would help seeing the existing floor plan.

zerokiri

zerokiriasked

Hi,
How do i get contact of pre construction manager? I am not happy with our current Pre Construction Coordinator but she refuse to give us contact detail of her manager.

I am very unhappy with the current progress so far and will not hesitate to leave 1 star bad review if this continue.

Hi Zerokiri,
We’re so sorry you feel this way. So we’re better able to help, we’d appreciate if you would please send through your job number or contact details to customer.care@masterton.com.au. We hope to hear from you.

Rainbow05asked

Our build was finished about a year ago. Lately we found the alfresco ceiling with leaking marks and another large open hole in the brick wall ready for rain water to come in and damage the gyprock inside! These issues need urgent fix ! However it has been almost 3 months contacting warranty coordinator without any fix. It has been stressful worrying about the further damage to the inside wall and bamboo floor.
Masterton Homes has a huge reputation. It has warranty for a new home. Its business still has a long way to go. Why ignore us after a year? Please urgently fix the hole for us before we give 1 star and explode our stress on the Product Review!

Dear Customer,
We are sorry you feel this way, So we are better able to help you, Could you please provide us with your job number? once we have this we can then escalate this issue to our warranty manager who will be able to assist you with these issues.

Rainbow05

I do not understand why you asked me for job number on the public media like this? isn't it supposed to be private? You should know this! please provide me a proper email so I can give my detail.

Hi @Rainbow05,
So that we may be able to assist you, please email your details to customercare@masterton.com.au so we can address your concerns asap.

craig

craigasked

Does masterton homes reward clients with a $200 gift voucher for 5 star reviews and generous comments?

Hi Craig,

Masterton does not offer any financial incentive to its customers in exchange for positive product review comments. In the event that you have any queries concerning any aspect of your build with Masterton Homes we invite you to identify yourself so that a Member of our team can contact you and address any legitimate concerns that you may have.

Peter Visser

Peter Visserasked

Getting quotes for home insurance. Can you give me a ballpark figure to replace what was the old Masterton Newhaven [built 90/91] - 4 bedroom - long design - not L shaped - 2 bathrooms, double garage, concrete tile roof, concrete slab? Thanks - ball park figure is enough for insurance quote purposes - doesn't have to be gospel. Cheers Pete

Hi Peter,
Thanks for reaching out!
So that we can help you with your request, could you please send us your best contact phone number, and one of our experienced new home consultants can give you a call . They should have all the information you need.
Cheers,
The Masterton Crew

Mishy

Mishyasked

Our Peg Out was ordered 31/1/19. How long does this take to be completed?
I have been told it could be done tomorrow or 3 weeks from now..depending on surveyors schedule.
Is this true?

J and P Chand
J and P Chand

Hello Mishy,
Yes, the information is true. Once the peg out is ordered it does take approximately that long. It depends on timeline. When the peg out is done, the build should start within the next month. I hope this helps.

Hi Mishy,
The information that you have been given is correct. We have confirmed with our construction team that it can take up to 3 weeks to be completed once the peg out is ordered. We hope that this helps & answers your question. Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime should you have any other questions or concerns.

The Masterton Homes Team

Kelly A

Kelly Aasked

can you make minor changes during construction? for example moving the location of the airconditioner unit outside before the airconditioning has even been roughed in?

Hi Kelly,

Most minor changes are allowable pending on how far you are into the construction stage.
In saying this, in regards to the airconditioning unit, without council approval, it would be very unlikely that we would be able to change the location.
We hope that this answers your question, if you do need any further explanation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Masterton Homes Team

Daka

Dakaasked

Do Masterton still do free site inspections? I went to a couple of builders who wanted a fee up front to do a quote? Not sure why Builders want me to pay for a quote?

Sachin
Sachin

Hi Daka,
They do free quote but not sure about the free inspection as I had signed the contract with different builder and paid for inspection but i was not happy with that builder so didn't go with him. But I came to masterton and signed the contract and paid deposit as i had a report from other builder so i was not worried about inspection as my land was clear. I went to them differently so i am not sure about whether they do site inspection free or not. Sorry but please check with them.

Rose27
Rose27

Yes Masterton I’m pretty sure they do free site inspection. I don’t recall having to pay for anything until we decided on plans. Don’t know what area you are. But if you are on the Coast give Anne McGee a call at Masterton office Woongarah, she is just great to deal with and answer all your queries.

Hi Daka,
Yes, we do free site inspections. You can visit one of our Sales Centres for more information.

Judy

Judyasked

Hi All
I am building a new home with Masterton in the Newcastle area and I have a few questions for others on how the build went or is going? Also some info on the supervisors as well. Can they be trusted with dates and times etc.

Rena
Rena

has you contracted your DA to OC to Masterton homes? or just the construction contract?

Tessasked

We are considering building a home in Tomakin, NSW (Bateman's Bay area). I have heard mixed feedback, mostly bad. Before we sign anything, is it fair to request details (in the contract) for house construction completion date and what the compensation will be if there is a delay beyond that date; measurements and exact brands/models for all appliances and fittings such as bath tub, vanity units; who is the kitchen joinery company; how much would it cost for any upgrades to kitchen, wardrobes, etc? I'd like to know all of this information before I sign anything? Is this reasonable to ask?

Hi Tess,
You can visit our Batemans Bay office to have all your questions answered.

Tess

Have given up with [Name Removed] from Bateman’sBay. Their service was disorganized, and they were rude and appeared disinterested.

kamco
kamco

Hi Tess, how did you get on? we are also interested in one of their homes and wondering if you managed to get your questions answered?

Brad S

Brad Sasked

What is your warranty on plumbing? My house was completed in 2014 and the connections to my instantaneous gas hot water system is leaking and our last two gas bills have doubled. I currently have no hot water as I've had to turn off the gas to the system to stop the smell

Hi Brad,
Can you please send through your job number to customercare@masterton.com.au so we can look into this for you.

Get an answer from our members and Masterton Homes representatives