3Modibodi

Modibodi Questions & Answers

Verifiedmodibodi.com
Rachael A.
Rachael A.

I have developed a skin rash from using modibody - almost looks like the skin has been burnt and then it peels away. I have great skin that has not reacted to anything (skin care / clothing / perfumes) before. I make sure that they are cleaned properly every time and thoroughly dry before using. Has anyone else experienced this? Knows why it is happening?

Natasha
Natasha

I appreciate this is an old post but I have also had this happen! The skin gets very sore and looks like it has been burnt (although I haven’t had it peel away but maybe that’s because I stop wearing them when I can feel the skin starting to get sore). I have no idea why I have this reaction!

JaneWilso
JaneWilso

Has anyone else noticed a strange smell with brand new pairs? I noticed it and thought the smell would come out with a wash, but no. Tried to wear but the smell made me feel yuck. Surely, there isn't a chance that used, returned products are shipped back out???

Nelly
Nelly

Yes, I've found that too! It's so bad I don't even want to wear them! It's a shame I've only worn them once :/

CCEE
CCEE

Oh my gosh yes!! It's weird because I bought a few pairs years ago, had no problems and loved them so decided to buy some more. All of the new ones I got smell straight out of the packet. I tried washing them but they still smell. It smells terrible.

KRISTY H.

Can you please do the light moderate active in beige. Please!!! I know you once did but now so many tights are not black and I need them!!!

Clio
Clio

I returned a bundle of undies (too big) on/about 27.9.21, and received the message "We are currently experiencing delays in processing returns due to coronavirus impacting the ability to deliver and sort. Your return may take up to three weeks to be processed at this time." Understood, but it's now a good 5 weeks later. I'm actually keen to order some right-size pants and would like, ideally, credit for the returned goods, or card refund, asap. Order no. AU-748963. If I could, I'd send a regular email instead of a public list question - but can't find another way to contact you. Love my modibodies but need quicker service, please!

Anne

I do love your underwear but I find that in the middle of the gusset it turns into a hole which then just gets bigger and bigger until I have to throw them out and as I buy them for the pee factor this doesn't work well for me.... just wondering if anyone else has found this I can't be the only one...

Suzanne
Suzanne

Hi Anne .. I have over a dozen pairs and this has never happened . I wash them on a warm gentle cycle and do not tumble dry them.. mine are still like new.. I am sorry to hear this …

Anne

Well isn't that interesting I wash mine on delicates cycle air dry only and it's happened to more than at least 5 pairs...classic full brief...

Cheree P.

The exact same thing happened to two of my pairs of Classic Briefs as well. The material is crap.

Anne

Yes I emailed the company and I'm currently trialling another style they sent very good to deal with though I'll persevere

Jojo

Yes I’ve had this happen with 7 pairs now my original order didn’t have this happen. Bit disappointed as my latest order happened in the first 3mths - don’t think I’ll buy anymore !

Jessi C.
Jessi C.

I’m also having this problem.

Molliet
Molliet

I have had this problem as well on 3 pairs and have had to toss them out. I also have another problem I have several beige classic briefs that have flatulence stains on them and I have tried everything to get them out without success. Does anyone else have this problem or a remedy for it.

Modibodi   DM

Hey everyone! For holes in the gusset, these can occur for multiple reasons. Some of which are incorrect washing (using fabric softeners or dryers), not leaving them to dry long enough so they are going back in the drawer slightly damp in the middle of the absorbent pad/gusset, clothes moths (they love Merino wool as its a natural fibre) etc. If you have multiple holes, we recommend reaching out to our team at info@modibodi.com to ensure we can support you! x

Charlotte W
Charlotte W

My underwear also has developed holes in the crutch and they smell horrible despite washing on gentle cycle. I’m not keen to buy anymore modibodis.

Modibodi   DM

Hi Charlotte Sorry to hear this, as stated in the previous comment please reach out to us and we can assist you :)

MB xx

Daniela C.
Daniela C.

Same all mine have holes in gusset. Not sure I can return them so probably will throw out and try another brand

Anne

Yes it's unfortunate...I have now started using the vegan ones they seem to be ok ...modibodi put me onto them... still disappointing though as I have many pairs in the same state

Vegan is the only way to go I have completely switched to these now and the holey problem no longer exists

Christina.
Christina.

I have a number of pair that have these same holey issues. I have followed the care instructions, ensuring that they are washed in a delicates bag, no fabric softner used, and fully dried in sunlight (never in a dryer) even placing them on a manual airer for an additional day or two to extra ensure that they are dry. So far, I have disposed of 9 pairs that have developed holes. There are no cloths moths as I have several other garments that are comprised of merino wool that do not have any holes.
I have received four pairs that were poorly stitched and two pairs that the gusset internals were noticeably smaller than the external underwear material. Upon contacting customer service team, I was directed to provide evidence, each time I sent pictures I was advised that they were not suitable and was advised that I was not following the care directions and that there is absolutely no way that there would be stitching faults and no size disparity for the internal components. In the end I gave up, no refund was recieved nor was there any replacement items and the attitude was very poor.
They are mostly good products, quite costly though and with these additional issues and the terrible customer service response I am not overall satisfied.
I am in the process of trialling products from a different company. Quite disappointing.

OTD
OTD

I realise these are very old posts now, but just to say, I also have had the holey issue on multiple pairs. And the same - we've never had a drier, don't use any kind of softener, and I've always hand washed out first with cold water, then put them on a cool wash and fully dried on the clothes horse (usually takes 3 - 4 days, its own frustration). I had 5 pairs this happened to. Modibodi offered an amount of store credit on ones bought under 2 years, but the ones I'd had for about 2&1/2 years, they considered time to get new ones.
Given their cost and purpose, I would have thought they should last longer than ordinary underwear.

Kaz
Kaz

I love modibodi , so do my twin daughters. But has anybody else had the problem with the top elastic coming away from the undies. Last lot I bought I didn’t even get to wear one of the pairs of undies once I put them on and the elastic came away from the nickers. This is not the first time it has happened to us the girls have had the same two other times they are expensive nickers to have this happen to when one pays that much for nickers you want to be able to get plenty of use out of them. Others are still going after 3 years of use thanks Karyn maher

Tammy P.
Tammy P.

Yes i have had the same happen

Cheree P.

Me too had the same problem. The protection part is fine. But the rest of the garment material is weak. Waste of $$$$

KRISTY H.

Omg yes I have had this happen on at least 3 pairs of mine!!

Super Desperate

edit/ it has been a month and no one has contacted me and im still washing all day :')

1. Why you need to answer my question plsplsplsplsplsplspls
I have the same leakage problem with most reviews I’ve read. I have 8 pairs and all of them leak through the seams within 3 hours on my heaviest day (including a 24 hour maxi).

The first 2 didn’t leak during the first wear but in hindsight, I don’t think I wore them on my heaviest days). Anyways, because of that, I was sold and bought the bundle...and then the leakage started. I SO DEEPLY REGRET MY INVESTMENT BUT I’VE SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY TO TURN BACK NOW SO I HAVE TO MAKE THIS WORK. CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS SO USELESS SO PLS HALP YALL.

2. Customer support could not help
All customer support could do for me was:
A. “Deep clean method”, suspecting a build of of residue in the gusset:
- “pop your undies in a double detergent wash. To do this, please rinse your undies thoroughly under cold water and pop some liquid detergent on the gusset, and gently rub this in for a minute or so before thoroughly rinsing them again. You can then pop them in for a cold wash and add some eucalyptus or white vinegar to the wash load as well.”

*problem persists*
B. Check sizing
- I downsized from S to XS already as I felt that S was a bit loose
- so XS has been fitting me snugly

I send her my full wash routine

*problem persists*
C. Gives me store credit to buy a new pair

At this point I was so frustrated. Sweetie, WHY ON EARTH would I want to buy a new pair when the same thing is going to happen?! This showed me that they either could not or didn’t want to help me anymore.
But I took the store credit anyway to give the max absorbency a shot. I got a 24hr maxi and guess what (No prizes for guessing)!!! YUP. It leaked.

3. Trying to live with it
I’ve given up on customer support’s ability to help me and it has been a few months since I’ve tried to just suck it up.

I thought that since I have so many pairs, I could just wear 2 pairs at once on my heaviest days and change the undies more often. But I’m rly at my wits ends because of HOW frequently I need to change and wash. No joke.

How I wash it now (if I could film a video, I would):
A. Rinse it till water runs clear with cold water in the shower for 5mins
B. Put some eucalyptus wool detergent on the gusset and rub and rinse repeatedly for abt 5-10mins to get all the blood out
C. While it’s still soapy, I splash a little bit of white vinegar on the gusset and put in into a mini portable washing machine for abt 30mins
D. I change out the soapy water and spin it with clean water a few more times (30mins) to get all the soap out
E. Hang to dry

4. IM FAILING TRYING TO LIVE WITH IT & IM DESPERATE
On my heaviest day, I’m literally doing laundry non-stop for the whole day because it leaks every 2-3 hours. DUDE. I can’t. Ok? I CAN’T.

I really can’t bear to throw away my hard earned money too.
So can some kindhearted soul please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how to make this work. Plsplsplsplspls oh my I wanna cry now.

Modibodi   DM

Oh no!! We're so sorry you haven't found our help team very helpful in regards to your issue! I would love to offer you my assistance and expertise on this. Are you able to let me know the request number for your email in our system so that I can take a look at this? I look forward to helping!!

Super Desperate

um.. i got help from the US team tho cause that's where i bought it from. im just here to find help outside from them

Modibodi   DM

Our whole team is actually based right here in Sydney! If we have your order number we will do our absolute best to see how we can help you out :) xx

Super Desperate

oh okay i think there's quite a few numbers cause we went back and forth a few times:
- initial suggestion to deep cleanse
#76341

- checking sizing
#84205

- store credit
#87604/ #89541

- asking (and failing) to speak to someone else who might have a different solution for me
#98024

Danielle G.

Did you use a newer top loader washing machine with a 'turbo drum' (or similar)? Sadly I ruined all of my pairs in my mum's 'turbo drum' top loader. I consulted the washing machine manual later and it advises against washing waterproof fabrics in it. All of the internal layers in mine separated along the seam, causing them to leak. I advised Modibodi and suggested they put a warning about this top of washing machine in the care instructions but just received a reply telling me I could read all about the fabrics used on their website. I just wanted to save other people from the same issue as I suspect a lot of reported leaks are due to this. When washed in my front loader (before being damaged), my Modibodi were wonderful and leak-free, although the pairs I've purchased in late 2020 and 2021 have all developed a terrible swamp smell (I've been using reusable products, including Modibodi, for over a decade, so it's not due to me not knowing how to care for them properly).

Super Desperate

Really appreciate your advice! Mine has always been a front loader. I’ve resorted to using disposable pads on my heaviest day now :( life has been a lot more livable since. but thank God a local business just launched a disposable pad made from corn Yayyyy :D

Help
Help

Did you end up with a solution? I have just had the same issue! Have gone through the 5 I own in one day including the maxi (only lasting 3 hours)

ReviewingThings
ReviewingThings

I’ve never managed to wear a maxi for more than 3-4 hours, I just thought I had crazy heavy flow. I rinse with cold water then put into washing bag into a front loader on delicate cold cycle… all these reviews are making me think maybe I don’t wash it enough? And that’s why they seem so prone to leaking?? I didn’t think anyone would ever be able to wear it for an actual 24 hours….

Super Desperate

@help nope no solution! My period got shorter though so that helped. On my heaviest 1st 2 days, I now use disposable pads in the day and wear the modibodi only when I’m going to sleep. 3rd day onwards, I can usually get away using my hannahpad pantyliners which I always wear and they are way easier to wash.

@reviewingthings I’m wondering if I just suck at washing too; and/or maybe I’m just not cut out for period underwear. Cant even bring myself to try another brand now.

Caro
Caro

I love the boy shorts heavy/overnight ones, will you be doing a boy short in a maxi 24 hours? In women’s wear.

Georgie M.
Georgie M.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the smell i used no fabric softner and a bag in my wash and it still smells really bad so now I have them soaking

Larlie
Larlie

I wash my modi bodies in a cold wash and air dry on the line. I have been using Dynamo which gives clothes a mild fragrance. Maybe I haven owned them long enough.

Danielle G.

I wish I knew and I hope Modibodi answer. I've owned Modibodi for several years now and not had an issue until the past two years with the smell. Mine smell like a swamp, even without blood on them when I wear them in the lead up to my period. My regular underwear doesn't smell like this, neither do the reusable pads I also use, nor does the toilet paper when I wipe or my hand after changing my menstrual cup (sorry for the TMI, just trying to convey that it's not me!). None of the Modibodi I purchased prior to 2020 had this issue. It smells horrendous. They smell fine after washing but within a few hours of wearing smell awful, even with no flow. Even the newly purchased pairs have this issue so it's not due to an accumulation of buildup. If this had been my first experience using reusable products, I'd have given up by now.

Gabriel
Gabriel

I have exactly the same issue. I rinse after use and dry them thoroughly after washing, yet still they stink within minutes of me putting a clean pair on!! Again, It is not me, its the underwear. Came on here to find out what to do about it..

Elisha H.
Elisha H.

I think it’s the wool in the product.
It is pretty bad though. I have the same issue.

Josie B.
Josie B.

I’ve started putting some bicarb soda in with mine when I wash and it helps. Also drying in the sun after

Mia Y.
Mia Y.

Omg it's not just me! I literally came on here to find out if it was just me. Been rinsing and washing and drying as per instructions and also making sure im not the source of the smell. But even when i dont have any flow they smell RANK after a couple hours.

Modibodi   DM

The best way to remove existing odour is to wash them with some vinegar or eucalyptus oil in the wash.

The best way to ensure odour stays away: always rinse until the water is clear before washing and ensure that you are air drying for as long as possible. Odour can occur if the gusset/padding isn't fully dry and then popped away. Sunshine is always the best to help this (but not always possible with your environment). If you don't have sunshine, try to add a bit more drying time to your Modibodi drying schedule and see how you go!

Shelley
Shelley

I came on for the exact same reason. They stink. I changed washing detergent and have soaked them and I’ve had them months now so it’s not the washing or the drying. Like the girls say above it’s literally within a few hours of wearing - like when they get warm they stink.

Is there something in the material that is making this happen Modibodi? Have you changed something as the girls mention the ones they bought previously didn’t do this?

I’ve also got a pair that constantly leaks since the first time I wore them. Thought it was me and a heavy flow the first wear but it’s not every single time with that pair!

Ali
Ali

I have the same issue. They are awful. I have tried sun drying, eucalyptus wash, vinegar. Going back to my Love Lunas. They don’t have this issue, and are comfier, I feel a tiny bit less secure because they aren’t so think, but they never stink.

Kate F.
Kate F.

I did all this- followed your instructions very carefully. They have been drying in he sun for two days. They smell horrible. I am so disappointed because I spent a fortune on these pants.

Angela M
Angela M

I received my new order of modibodi undies today. I put them through a cold wash cycle in a bra bag and they are now air drying. I noticed when I took them out of the wash there is white fluff on all of them (noticeable as they are all black). I have noticed this also happened on the other modibodi undies I own when I have washed them and I have had to use a sticky lint roller to remove it.
They are the heavy-overnight sensual hi-waist undies. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?
I’m sure it’s not my washing machine as they were washed by themselves and other laundry loads have not had any white fluff on them.

Kim
Kim

Sorry to hear that. Mine wash up nicely.

MumToTeen
MumToTeen

Has anyone found that they have developed UTI's from using the product? My daughter has never been a sufferer of UTI's, however since she started using Modibodi, she develops UTI's every 2nd or 3rd month and only when she uses them. We are scrupulous when it comes to personal hygiene. She showers twice a day when she's got her period, we change into fresh underwear as often as is possible, and I follow the cleaning/washing instructions to the letter so it is definitely nothing to do with poor hygiene or incorrect usage. I love the concept of the product and was thrilled to discover it, however I am now beginning to feel really disappointed.

Modibodi   DM

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is experiencing this when she wears a pair of Modibodi undies! Does she have any allergies to wool or any of our other fabrics used? Our garments should not be the cause for any UTI's - we use an antimicrobial treatment that is BlueSign and Oeko-Tex certified and all of our fabrication is breathable. Please feel free to get in touch with us at info@modibodi.com to discuss further :)

Alex
Alex

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me! Exactly the same. And I'm not allergic wool or fabrics..
My doctor urged me to stop using them. Right when I need them most - when I got pregnant! I developed UTI's twice a month at least, compared to now where I haven't a UTI since I stopped. I thought it could've been the Modibodi not being fully dry before wearing them again? I'm not sure... But I bought so many..so I'm pretty bummed!

Modibodi no

Also got uti’s as result pf modibodi. First uti, treated and better, doubted it was thr modibodi, wore overnight, boom next morning, uti back. So uncomfortable and annoyed.

Modibodi no

Also no wool allergy, that was the official modibodi response that had me doubting myself. Absolutely the modibodi, annoyed because bought several, expensive and in pain. Would not reccomend. Also develop weird smell after washing

Claire H.
Claire H.

Can you hand wash modibodi and if so, how? I bought 7 pairs and won't necessarily have them cleaned through a washing machine before I need a pair I've already worn.

astridmoonprincess

Has anyone else experienced the stitches falling apart in the front of the crotch? Or the Merino wool sort of... Fluffing up? I don't know if this is common or a reason for concern. I have worn them for half of this period and it's my last day ( half of my period is two days and a half) I have washed them a bit as I only have two pairs as a trial , although following all the instructions, and I really love them so far. But today I noticed the stitching coming undone in the top and last night when rinsing my other pair out the crotch was fluffing up ( I haven't used hot water, tumble dried, or been anything but careful) I really want them to work- they are the brand I wanted most between thinx, modibodi, or anything else. I hope it's just my pair

Angela
Angela

Mine developed small holes in the crutch area and was getting bigger. I had only worn it 5 times. Overall I am disappointed in this product and I will go back to the other brands that I am using as well.

astridmoonprincess

Thankyou. I ended up buying more, however I think I will probably keep an eye on them for now and avoid buying any more. May I ask what other brands you are using?

Cheree P.

Me too had the same problem with hole material ripping away from the elastic waistband. The protection part is fine. But the rest of the garment material is weak. Waste of $$$$

astridmoonprincess

It's a shame, too. I spent a fair bit of money on my pairs hoping they would last me. The waist band is now starting to unstitch for me too

Amber F.
Amber F.

Does anyone else have trouble keeping their modibodi panties up? They were a bit of a squeeze at first but able to get a good fit for the first hour. Then as I was walking around at work I felt the sides sliding/rolling down my hips and belly. I am obese but you would think the right fit would keep them up over my curves but it's almost like the waistband needs a stronger elastic or something. Am I the only one having this problem? And can anyone offer some solutions? I really prefer wearing these period panties to the various alternatives.

Rachel H.
Rachel H.

Yes I had that same problem. Super snug fit at first now almost falling around my ankles

S.T
S.T

I too have had the same problem with the Seamfree Full Brief. I ordered the correct size according to the sizing guide. I found them snug on the first wear and as the other reviewers found, they start to feel like they are falling down. My feeling is that the waist elastic is not sufficient. Disappointed.

Kirsty H.
Kirsty H.

I'm between sizes, and 8 and 10....usually I wear an 8 in underwear which for Modi bodi is an XS. I purchased the Seamless and the Classic. They feel a bit snug, but I'm worried a S would be too loose and not provide enough protection! Do they stretch a little after wearing?

Hannah F.
Hannah F.

In my experience the seamfree stretch quite a lot but the classic don’t. I found it suits me best to have the seamfree in a size down from the classic for that reason!

Jenn
Jenn

How many people have suffered leakage with the teen Modibodi underwear? The first cycle they were worn we had no issues. They are all moderate-heavy underwear. This cycle they have leaked every day that she has worn them! Not cool at all and extremely embarrassing. She has had to change them every 3-4 hours. They are leaking up the back and out the sides in the crotch area as well. Is this a known issue? Is it the brand? Yes we have washed them and yes as to how the instructions say. I just don't understand how they have now become so bad.

Jojo

I guess the challenge is to work out if this is the product or the amount of flow that has changed from one menstrual period to the next?

I remember having a couple of days a couple of times as a girl when my period was inexplicably heavy, and I was caught struggling with the single use products I used in those days. I don't know how you tell!

Annette R.
Annette R.

I purchased in May, no issues. Then current cycle in December... all of them are leaking after a couple of hours. they are all the overnight ones too. I haven't done anything differently and flow is the same, as I had to switch to tampons most days and was no different to usual. Will not buy anymore of this brand. It works out more expensive than tampons and still wasteful!! will need to try a cup I think.

LARA K.
LARA K.

Hi i have a question about washing them. It said they can be washed at 30° but i don't want to just wash three pairs of underwear. Soo i am questioning what would happen if you would wash them on 40°

heidihelwes
heidihelwes

Not sure. I usually wash on cold, and occasionally if they accidentally end up in a warm 30-40degree wash they seem fine.I always cold hand rinse first. Same as any wash instructions for blood, cold is better.

bellbell8807
bellbell8807

I'm an underground miner and work twelve hour shifts. There are no facilities underground for dealing with period hygiene at my workplace, so although I'd like to try this product I'm concerned about wearing the underwear for twelve hours - especially in the heavy days. Perhaps wearing the pants for so long would be the cause of the unpleasant odour some consumers are talking about?

Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.

Hi Bell, I'm guessing you'd have access to a toilet whilst at work? The biggest thing with wearing it for 12 hours would be overflow, depending on the heaviness of your flow. I'd recommend wearing 1 pair to work and taking 1 down with you in a ziplock bag, then after 6-8 hours swap them. To prevent odour, when you get home, rinse Modibodi extremely well under cold water until water runs clear. Then throw in washing machine, or hang to dry for 24 hrs :) I also work in weird places (often with no toilets)and have found Modibodi to be WAYYYY better than tampons, mooncups or pads in these situations. :)

Raye64

Seriously, don't bother with this company. They don't last even a few wears sometimes, and definitely don't last a dozen wears. My pair disintegrated in the washing machine and they tried to tell me it was my fault and I must have done something to them, which is a load of hogwash!!! They don't want to admit there is a problem with the material so that they don't have to take responsibility for the problems that keep occurring, with almost every reviewer I've seen saying the same thing about holes in the material and a terrible smell!

Emily M.

Using my modibodi underwear for the second time and they smell really bad! I have followed the care instructions perfectly and I know its not me as I've never had this issue before. So disappointed since I love the concept and paid good money for them. What can I do to eliminate the smell?

Modibodi   DM

Hi Emily, thanks for your question. If you have followed the care instructions, rinsing thoroughly directly after use, you shouldn't be experiencing a smell. If you didn't wash straight after, also ensure the underwear isn't left wet before washing, let them air after rinsing. Some customers find that they experience a smell when the underwear hasn't been completely dried after washing also, so ensure you wait until they are completely dry before wearing them again. If you still experience a smell, you could try pouring half a cup of vinegar into the washing load or using an antibacterial, non-bleach, detergent.

Emily M.

Thank you for your reply. I've definitely followed the correct care instructions but I'll give them a wash with vinegar and see how I go. Thanks.

Peni
Peni

Hi Emily, I just used mine in case of incontinence when sneezing, way past periods etc, but wanted to stop using pant liners. The smell was off putting though, my underwear was always completely dry, I often left it out on the line because they do take longer to dry. I even washed them in vinegar, but to no avail, the smell persists. I have given up wearing them except in circumstances where I feel no one is going to smell them, usually just round the house. I bought a bundle pack, 3 are in my draw unopened. Wish they had worked for me!

Emily M.

Oh no, I'm hoping that's not going to be the same for mine. Such a shame!

janna867
janna867

Try rinsing in eucalyptus wool wash by Earth Choice and dry with the gusset full in the sun. I had issues with smell prior to doing this.

Emma G.
Emma G.

Great advice Ive tried vinegar no dice. I recommend them to all my friend and their teens but the smell is putrid. I also follow the care advice. I also find my bottom gets sweaty and spotty in them. Love you modibody - still buy despite this. Please do some more product development to get this smell and breath ability issue sorted.

Jodi B.
Jodi B.

I have the same issue... no matter how well I rinse them and wash them, the next time I wear them they quickly smell bad. Even if I don't have my period! It's very off putting. I will try the Eucalyptus and vinegar. But it does feel like this is an issue that should be addressed. They shouldn't smell after being fully rinsed, washed and dried.

Emily M.

When I asked this question I also messaged Modibodi on facebook. This was their response:

"Hi there Emily, thanks for reaching out! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing odour and I would like to shine some light onto why this may be happening. If our care guide is followed to a T, your undies should not smell and I would like to reiterate the importance of thoroughly rinsing your Modibodi's under cold water immediately after use - until all debris has been washed out - this may take a few minutes. The current smell could be from a build up of bacteria in the gusset (from not rinsing thoroughly). If you do not plan to wash them that day, we highly recommend hanging them somewhere so that they can dry (if they are left wet or soaking, they can develop a musky dewy smell).

Just another piece of information worth mentioning - our Heavy-Overnight absorbency actually take longer to fully dry and therefore need more time on the line. Your undies may appear to be dry (as top layer is) although the middle layer may still be a bit damp and anything with dampness can create smell. We highly recommend leaving your undies out to dry for a longer period of time.

To get rid of the current smell your undies have, we recommend doing a deep clean. To do this, please rinse your undies thoroughly under cold water and pop some liquid detergent on the gusset and gently rub this in for a minute or so before thoroughly rinsing them again. You can then pop them in for a cold wash and add some eucalyptus or white vinegar to the wash load as well. This should combat any current odour present in your undies. Many thanks and I hope this helped."

I did the deep wash and it worked but I needed to deep wash every cycle or they would smell again despite me following the correct care instructions.

I resorted to just using them at night time and i've just this week thrown them all out because of the smell.

Raye64

It won't work with vinegar. This company is a scam. The underwear is totally inferior quality, they put the blame on you if something happens, and they don't want to admit there is a problem with the material they're using so that they don't have to take responsibility for all the problems occurring and the hundreds of complaints they're getting! Way too expensive to waste your money on and you won't get any satisfaction from the company!!

KellyP
KellyP

Janna867 Do you add the eucalyptus wool wash and your normal washing detergent together or just use the wool wash on its own ? Thanks

Mellum
Mellum

Hi - can you please advise me whether the absorbency of the teen range is as high as the ladies range? My daughter is having her first period and it is very heavy so I want to be sure we purchase the right product for her to use.

Raye64

Don't even bother! Completely inferior product that won't last even a couple of months, the company will blame you for any problems even if you follow the instructions to the letter, and they won't admit there is a problem with the material they're using so that they don't have to take responsibility for all the hundreds of complaints they're receiving. I'm going to report them to the Office of Fair Trading, and the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, because my pair disintegrated after less than a dozen wears the first time I washed them in a brand new agitatorless washing machine, and they tried to blame me and said I must have done something to them. Unscrupulous company not worth doing business with!!!

Get an answer from our members and Modibodi representatives