Modibodi Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

bellbell8807

bellbell8807asked

I'm an underground miner and work twelve hour shifts. There are no facilities underground for dealing with period hygiene at my workplace, so although I'd like to try this product I'm concerned about wearing the underwear for twelve hours - especially in the heavy days. Perhaps wearing the pants for so long would be the cause of the unpleasant odour some consumers are talking about?

Caitlin S.
Caitlin S.

Hi Bell, I'm guessing you'd have access to a toilet whilst at work? The biggest thing with wearing it for 12 hours would be overflow, depending on the heaviness of your flow. I'd recommend wearing 1 pair to work and taking 1 down with you in a ziplock bag, then after 6-8 hours swap them. To prevent odour, when you get home, rinse Modibodi extremely well under cold water until water runs clear. Then throw in washing machine, or hang to dry for 24 hrs :) I also work in weird places (often with no toilets)and have found Modibodi to be WAYYYY better than tampons, mooncups or pads in these situations. :)

Emily M.asked

Using my modibodi underwear for the second time and they smell really bad! I have followed the care instructions perfectly and I know its not me as I've never had this issue before. So disappointed since I love the concept and paid good money for them. What can I do to eliminate the smell?

Keana L.Modibodi

Hi Emily, thanks for your question. If you have followed the care instructions, rinsing thoroughly directly after use, you shouldn't be experiencing a smell. If you didn't wash straight after, also ensure the underwear isn't left wet before washing, let them air after rinsing. Some customers find that they experience a smell when the underwear hasn't been completely dried after washing also, so ensure you wait until they are completely dry before wearing them again. If you still experience a smell, you could try pouring half a cup of vinegar into the washing load or using an antibacterial, non-bleach, detergent.

Emily M.

Thank you for your reply. I've definitely followed the correct care instructions but I'll give them a wash with vinegar and see how I go. Thanks.

Peni
Peni

Hi Emily, I just used mine in case of incontinence when sneezing, way past periods etc, but wanted to stop using pant liners. The smell was off putting though, my underwear was always completely dry, I often left it out on the line because they do take longer to dry. I even washed them in vinegar, but to no avail, the smell persists. I have given up wearing them except in circumstances where I feel no one is going to smell them, usually just round the house. I bought a bundle pack, 3 are in my draw unopened. Wish they had worked for me!

Mellum

Mellumasked

Hi - can you please advise me whether the absorbency of the teen range is as high as the ladies range? My daughter is having her first period and it is very heavy so I want to be sure we purchase the right product for her to use.

Naomi

Naomiasked

I received my order yesterday and when I opened one of the pkts realised I had ordered the wrong ones. How do I go about returning the other 3pairs of knickers and ordering the correct ones??

Hi Naomi,
please contact the team at info@modibodi.com and they would be happy to help you.

5515asked

Hi guys - just received my modibodi underwear....love the bikini and the full briefs.
I had ordered 2 pairs of the seamless and they are so tight to pull up over my hips even after I have washed them a couple of times. Could I please return them and get the full briefs instead. Thank you - Barbara Faihead

Valerie S.

Valerie S.asked

Do you have a size guide?

Keana L.Modibodi

Hi Valerie, we sure do. Head over to https://www.modibodi.com/pages/sizing.
Let us know if we can help further.

Nancy

Nancyasked

Having written an honest opinion of my experience with modibodi, ( I had recorded UTI's plus issues with quality), the advertisements continue on my fb page but my ability to "comment" has been removed. Is this normal ?

Barbara L.
Barbara L.

Yes I think it is. From my experience, you have to log on to comment.

Kate H.
Kate H.

I have also had UTIs since using them. I’d be interested to see how many others are getting them. Before using Modibodi I hadn’t had a UTI in 35 years. I’m 42 now.

Keana L.Modibodi

Hi there Kate, as we mentioned to you in DMs, we are are sorry to hear this has happened to you. We always recommend washing new undies in a cold wash cycle in a laundry bag before wearing them for the first time. This will ensure the undies are as clean as possible when wearing them for first time and also ensures that the absorbency will work straight away for you when you need them. There is no evidence to suggest that Modibodi undies can cause UTIs. As long as our undies are cared for in the right way, they will not hold bacteria or any other nasties as they are made with natural anti-microbial properties. We always recommend the following care method: Rinsing with cold water straight after use (until the water runs clear), throwing them in the washing machine on a cold wash and then hanging out them out to dry on the washing line. Many thanks xx

Annelize

Annelizeasked

I have heard about your product from my Specialist today and was extremely interested. I am not wanting them for period time, but moreso the sweat absorbency. I am an older horse rider with skin issues and keeping sweat at bay is a must. After reading a lot of the reviews, I am concerned that they will deteriorate rapidly being used for riding. Can you enlighten me on this?. I understand after 6 months possibly there would be wear and tear perhaps from frequent washing, but not after one or two. I appreciate that you have kept the bad reviews there and have replied to all of them.

Tracy
Tracy

All I can advise you is that mine started to wear and deteriorate after a couple of washes. Even when they acknowledged that their seemed to be excessive deterioration in the garments they did not offer replacement. I would try a different brand.

Hi Annelize,
Thank you for your question, it's a good one!

We are constantly working to improve our product, which every single one of these reviews (negative ones included!) helps us do.

Our products are made from delicate materials such as bamboo and merino wool. We use these because they offer the most comfort along with moisture wicking and odour reducing properties. Sometimes, if these products aren't cared for as carefully as intended or the sizing is incorrect (and therefore causing them to stretch) damage can be brought on much sooner than we'd like (and of course, as with every product, there is the occasional manufacturing error - which we're more than happy to amend!) . This is why we have a 6 month product warranty in place. This means that if, within 6 months of purchasing, your Modibodi product has any damage whatsoever, we will send you a brand new pair, free of charge.

I hope this answers your question, and if you'd like to know more about Modibodi products, please do not hesitate to email us at info@modibodi.com

Thank you!

Theodora
Theodora

I've worn mine three times and the gussets are already losing shape. I'd go with another company

Get an answer from our members and Modibodi representatives

Other Underwear Shops & Brands