MoneyMe Questions & Answers

4.7 from 1,012 reviews

59 questions from our users

Chris

Chrisasked

Why did i sign a contract now it says under review

Jayne M.
Jayne M.

I needed the loan to cover the costs of a online course I wanted to do in an effort to secure employment. MoneyMe provided me with the funds plus a payment plan which suited both parties.

Hi Jayne,

We're happy to hear we were able to help you out with your online course.

Thanks for sharing, we appreciate it!

Kelly O.asked

Why doesn't a withdrawal go in over the weekend. I always have to wait until between 9-10am on the Monday.

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Whilst we do process withdrawals over the weekend, unfortunately some banks may not process the funds until the following business day.

If you'd like to spend instantly, you can use your Freestyle card at all retailers that accept Mastercard. All you need to do is add your card to your Apple or Google wallet.

Hope this helps! Should you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us via hello@moneyme.com.au.

Cheers,
Team MoneyMe

Kelly O.

Thank you for your response.
Very helpful.

Russell Gasked

I'm not sure Why I am receiving calls from this number which is 0488853519 when I googled the number it is owned by MoneyMe. I don't have a loan through You

Russell Gasked

I'm not sure Why I am receiving calls from this number which is 0488853519 when I googled the number it is owned by MoneyMe. I don't have a loan thtough You

Natasked

Can you please tell me what credit reporting agency you use ?

Hayley G.
Hayley G.

Money me and wallet wizard

Nat

Thanks but was meaning which credit check agency do Moneyme use

Hi Nat,

The credit reporting agencies we use are Equifax and Illion.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out on 1300 669 059 or via email at hello@moneyme.com.au

Nick Knack

Nick Knackasked

Hi can you please advise how I can update my bank information on the app as I am switching banks?Thank you Nick

Funky_Cathy
Funky_Cathy

Hi Nick,
I searched the app, you can only update address, email, phone and employment history.
I would suggest contacting MoneyMe and inform them that you are changing banks and update information that way. Hope that helps.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you would like to update your bank details, please contact us on 1300 669 059 or send an email to hello@moneyme.com.au.

Thank you, Funky_Cathy!

Nikihasked

I applied for a loan 24 + hours ago and still haven’t had a response, does this mean I’m not approved seeing as everyone else seems to be approved very quickly

veronica
veronica

Check ur email, u should be getting text as well if ur approved or not

Nikih

I have checked both, but still no answer. But thank you for your reply

Hi Nikih,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please email your contact details to feedback@moneyme.com.au and I'll personally look into this ASAP for you.

itsmeteens

itsmeteensasked

I applied on Saturday and after many hours (after I called MoneyMe) I was told a"manager had to approve the application"... Was also told They were only open until 5PM when it's really open until 9? Maybe I misheard that part but still, no reason given as to why there is an issue.. Hoping to get an answer today?

Hi itsmeteens,

If you applied during business hours you should have had an outcome the same day.

If you could please send an email to feedback@moneyme.com.au with your contact details I can look into your account and I'll be able to provide you an answer ASAP today.

Hope to speak soon.

kae K.

kae K.asked

Do you service the United States? In North Carolina to be exact?

Hi Kae,

Thanks for reaching out!

You must be an Australian resident in order to apply with MoneyMe.

Mala C.

Mala C.asked

I have applied for a loan to consolidate some of my debt and build my credit rating - I was approved and signed the contract them received a message saying it was under review and I would receive my outcome shortly - I was wondering if I will find out tonight ad not sure if you are open on a public holiday?
Thanks so much!

Hi Mala,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your questions.

If your application is under review, you'll generally receive an outcome within an hour during business hours or in the morning of the following business day if you applied outside operating hours.

We are open on public holidays. You can check our public holiday hours on Google if you're ever unsure.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out on 1300 669 059 or hello@moneyme.com.au.

Bianca

Biancaasked

Hello,
I applied for a personal loan last night and it approved around 8pm. I'm with St George bank and haven't received any money into my account. Do you know if it will come in before Monday??

Hi Bianca,

Apologies for the delay in answering your query!

For St. George customers it takes up to 1 business day to see the funds hit your bank account. As you were approved after hours on a Friday, the earliest you would receive the funds is the next business day, which is Monday.

Hope this helps!

Baie T.asked

Hi I just got approved for the freestyle loan but Ive opened it in the app once downloaded and says my available credit is $0.00??

Hi Baie,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've had a look into your account and it appears that you withdrew your available credit balance to your bank. You can expect to see the funds hit your bank account shortly if they haven't been received already.

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a buzz on 1300 669 059 or email hello@moneyme.com.au.

Baie T.

I did not withdraw anything but called your help desk and they said that I may have accidentally pressed withdraw to my account straight away however it has been about 3 hours and nothing has hit my account yet.

Hi Baie,

We tried giving you a buzz but didn't manage to get through.

As you bank with ANZ the money should be in your account within 3-4 hours from time you withdrew the funds. If it hasn't hit your account within the next hour, please give us a call on 1300 669 059 and we'll investigate this further.

Erin

Erinasked

Applied for a loan after 6pm will it get reviewed tonight

Agada K.
Agada K.

You will get a conditional approval today. If u supply all information today you will be shown ur approved loan limit and your loan contract to confirm. If u do that tonight, tomorrow it will be money in the bank for u, latest 10am.

Hi Erin,

Yes, your loan application would have been reviewed as you applied on a weekday (we're open till midnight).

Our operating times are 8.00am-Midnight Monday to Friday, and 9.00am-9.00pm on Saturday & Sunday.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us on 1300 669 059.

Miller
Miller

If you have a freestyle loan, can I still apply for a personal loan??

Teresa R.

Teresa R.asked

What if my credit score is only 589?

Hi Teresa,

Thanks for reaching out!

We take many factors into account when reviewing a loan application, so were unable to determine whether or not you would be approved solely based on your credit score.

If you have any questions about your eligibility, feel free to check out the FAQs at moneyme.com.au/FAQ or give us a call on 1300 669 059.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

asad a.

asad a.asked

Hi team, i have applied for credit line as i have a good history with money me but declined because at that time i was on bridging visa now i have got my visa.Can you please review my application again.

Hi Asad,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're more than happy to check whether you're eligible to re-apply. If you could please give us a call on 1300 669 059 or email us at canwehelpyou@moneyme.com.au with your full name and contact number we'll be able to look into this for you.

BBBasked

If I applied and was approved this morning will I receive my funds today if I bank with a smaller bank?

Consumer Advocate
Consumer Advocate

Most likely. They have expressed money clearance but it may need to be in by 2pm however call them to check. I usually get the same day or by 6pm on the same day.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

As a rough indication, you can expect to receive your funds within 1 hour if you bank with Commbank, 3-4 hours for ANZ, Bankwest, NAB and Westpac and 1 business day for all other banks.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch on 1300 669 059 - were open until midnight tonight.

BBB

I was advised by an Emplyeee on the phone from money me that the funds would be cleared into my account today and still no sign of them?
Ive been sitting at the mechanics all day waiting to pay them for my car that broke down today but it looks like the funds wont even clear into my account untill Monday then if it takes one business day which I was not informed it would.

Kylie Y.

Kylie Y.asked

On your website you only wrote Australia resident
But does it matter if Im holding a bridging visa and work casual?
I dont have any bad credit history in Australia, not too sure how that works! Thanks!

Hi Kylie,

Thanks for reaching out.

We cant review an application while you are on a bridging visa, however we can once your visa status is confirmed.

With regards to your employment income, we just need to see 90 days of consistent income on your bank statements. We also take other factors into account when assessing your application, including your MoneyMe history, recent transactions and credit report.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to get in touch on 1300 669 059 or canwehelpyou@moneyme.com.au.

Cdf

Cdfasked

I need to get a fast personal loan for at least 12k. How much fees do I need to pay? Can the fees be applied to the amount I need or added to it? Can I get the money within an hour same day?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out!

The costs associated with our personal loans include an establishment fee and interest rate starting from 8.99%. These costs are tailored to your personal circumstances and credit profile and are added to your outstanding balance.

You can expect to receive a decision within an hour if you apply during business hours, which are 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 9pm on weekends. We send you the funds instantly upon approval, however how quickly you receive them depends on your bank. If you apply outside of business hours it may take a little longer to know the outcome of your application.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, feel free to get in touch on 1300 669 059 or canwehelpyou@moneyme.com.au.

Bridget B

Bridget Basked

I am concerned about logging my bank details on line.

Lisha
Lisha

I was also, but I did some research first and found it to be safe. I’ve done 2 loans and it’s been fine :)

Dan
Dan

Hey Bridget, I totally understand, but I’ve done a lot of loans with them and not once have I had a security problem, it should be fine. hope that helps.

Hi Bridget,

That's completely understandable and I'd like to assure you that nobody can view your banking credentials.

We simply use Illion Open Data Solutions to retrieve your most recent 90 days of bank statements. Illion Open Data Solutions allows us to review your application quickly by uploading your statements in a categorised, read-only format.

If you’d like to know a bit more, you can review some frequently asked security questions using the link below:

Get an answer from our members and MoneyMe representatives