Nissan X-Trail T31

39 questions from our users

Kaz S.

Kaz S.asked

T31

I just bought a 2013 xtrail auto.
it has no manual with it though...
there are 3 options on the gear (in front of the p,n,r auto stick) ..
the dial has 2x2, auto and 4x4 on it. I know when to use 4x 4 .. around town, should i be in 2 x2 or auto please?

Jules J.
Jules J.

Hi Kaz,

Leave the setting on 'Auto' around town as the car by default uses 2WD and will use / brake 4 wheels as needed i.e. in an emergency manoeuvre or front wheels start slipping.

Recently updated my X-Trail to latest T32, was very happy with my old T31 X-trail.

Joeyasked

T31

Where is the automatic boot release on the 2011 Nissan Xtrail TL t31 IV model?

tony
tony

its on the remote

Joey

There is nothing on there only the lock and unlock buttons.

ben dover

thats it there is no automatic boot release the lock locks it the unlock unlocks it. then lift the boot by hand

Levi M.

Levi M.asked

T31

I have Japanese XTRAIL T31. I want to reset the dashboard language from Japanese to English. Kindly assist.

Mark

Markasked

T31

hi all I have a Nissan 2009 xtrail t31 petrol 6 speed manual 2.5 I have replaced the clock spring which was brand new from Nissan , I now have the traction control light and esp light stay on as soon as I start to drive any ideas thanks mark

Bonham05

Bonham05asked

T31

I have Nissan X-trail T31. When ever the ignition is off, Its flashing a red circle with a rectangle sign inside and a lock,arrow pointing in the anticlockwise. When I close all door its making a sound from the bonnet and it wont lock using fob keys.Its only locking using the key.

What could be the problem?

oyajid

oyajidasked

T31

Hi all, im having an issue on the topspeed of my xtrail t31.It can reach 160km/ph only. What is the problem? Anyone can help?

george murray
george murray

160kph ??how fast do you want to go if you want it to go faster fit a turbo or a v8 or put your down a bit further

jkl

your question is stupid why do you want to go faster than 160kmh in the 1st place

XTREME O.

XTREME O.asked

T31

Hello I have xtrail t31, after cleaning the egr valve .. rpm are not crossing 3k and ac compressor is not switching on. I have checked the compressor it's working fine when connected directly to battery power. In egr cleaning process, have disconnect the battery and no error codes are shown ...pls help thanks

Garyasked

T31

help! please, my wife's t31 tl dci has a sun roof which has the rear lifted/tilted, and appears to be a blown fuse, cant operate the sunroof at all.
checked the fuses under dash on rhs and fuses under the black box in engine compartment.
please any ideas at all ?

john smith

Is it a nissan factory fitted sunroof? or an after market. i have had an xtrail & pathfinder both fitted with factory sunroofs both had seized electrical motors in the sunroof caused by water/moisture getting into the sunroof seals on the roof. At first i thought it was a fuse & after further investigation found out the electric motors rusted due to water getting thru the seals. nissan didnt want to know & quoted $1,700 plus $170 p/hour labour to replace it & reseal. Ended up getting the job done & sunroof resealed for $500 you cant do it your self.

Gary

Thankyou Trojan horse, do you know if there is a manuel over-ride to close the gen nissan sunroof ?

john smith

I am not sure someone told me once you can use a screwdriver or allen key & turn the motor manually its an emergency over ride in electric sunroofs.i just did a google search & found a few other ways on you tube

Karen Tasked

T31

I have a Nissan Xtrail T31 Series IV year 2011. How do I change the clock on the dash board, can do the one on the radio ok but the manual for the dashboard doesn't line up with my model. Can anyone help please. Very frustrating having 2 different times showing in the car.

ben dover

its pretty easy look near the bottom of the speedo there are two black knobs. one near the speedo the other next to the Tacho. Press & hold the knob (nearest the taco) in for about 5 seconds it will go into settings, scroll thru turning the knob until you reach clock, press the knob & the clock will flash turn & press the knob to set the time then scroll thru to exit & the clock should be set. You will need the key in the ignition & the ignition on.

Karen T

Thanks Ben, I have tried holding that knob in for 5 seconds and more and nothing happens, it doesn't go into settings and no ability to change the clock!!

john west
john west

Try turning the knob counter clock wise without pushing it in. it should go into the computer settings then scroll down to clock i did mine about a week ago

Mazda 6 MZR-CD Owner

Mazda 6 MZR-CD Ownerasked

T31

approximately how much labour is involved in replacing the head gasket in an xtrail T31 M9R 2.0 dci,?

Approximately 2.5 hours.

Vas

Vasasked

T31

I have a nissan x-trail t31. I have just replaced my clock spring now the air bag and ESP lights come on along with a slight noise from the engine bay. The clock spring was new and everything was centred when replaced. After repacing the clock spring i washed down the engine. What could be the problem?

alton

altonasked

T31

Why do i have to hold the switch of the tailgate for long periods before the lock open? i have a nissan 2011 xtrail

jkl

witch switch the remote switch or the tailgate switch

Antoine A

Antoine Aasked

Hi !
I have a problem with my Nissan X-Trail 2013 T31 petrol
The engine light is on and the mechanic change twice the front oxygen sensor in two weeks, the back oxygen sensor after 1,5 months
And Each time the light come back
Someone did have the same problem ?
Thanks for your answer,

Antoine.

Hi Antoine
Its most likely your catalytic converter.
Good luck mate and God bless you.
Anthony :)

check engine light comes back after replacing oxygen sensor -

Google Search

Hi again Antoine
Before you go spending money on a new catalytic converter, check out this youtube video by Chrisfix, regarding cleaning up the EGR valve. It is part of the Exhaust system, which throws error codes when it gets blocked up by carbon.

Watch "How to Clean and Replace an EGR Valve P0400" on YouTube

Cheers and God bless you
Anthony :)

David H

David Hasked

T31

2007 x trail wont start after towing trailer. Not flat battery. Any ideas?

ken

kenasked

T31

I have a Nissan X Trail T31 2009 and a diagnostic report shows the EPS(electronic power steering) and the ECM(engine control module) is faulty..
Anyone knows about these parts and/or where they are located on the vehicle?

Obed K

Obed Kasked

T31

What could be causing greenish appearance at the exhaust of my Nissan xtrail 2010 diesel engine DNT31?

Greg Goodwin
Greg Goodwin

head gasket leaking coolant into cylinders.

Luckky

Luckkyasked

T31

I am having nissan xtrail T31 diesel repeatedly appearing check engine in dash bord and pickup going down and rpm not going beyond 3k in nutral gear can any one suggest solution and why it is?

Jim B
Jim B

Air flow meter/oxygen sensor

David L

David Lasked

T31

i have artic 2008 with roof driving lights, but wont switch on , question where is the relay or fuse as not in hand book?

Grigory A
Grigory A

You can switch it on only with high beam.

Chrisasked

T31

Hi just trying to find out does a 2007 nissan xtrail t31 have 1 or 2 speed sensors?

Anita
Anita

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this but assume it is 1 speed sensor as was very responsive to gear change when accelerating

Thanks for the reply i found out it has 2 speed sensors

Kristy B

Kristy Basked

T31

Warning on the mechanics machine says fuel cut off. I have an xtrail. What does this mean ?

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives