Nissan X-Trail T31

Nissan X-Trail T31 (2008-2013) Questions & Answers

33 questions from our users

Hello I have xtrail t31, after cleaning the egr valve .. rpm are not crossing 3k and ac compressor is not switching on. I have checked the compressor it's working fine when connected directly to battery power. In egr cleaning process, have disconnect the battery and no error codes are shown ...pls help thanks

help! please, my wife's t31 tl dci has a sun roof which has the rear lifted/tilted, and appears to be a blown fuse, cant operate the sunroof at all. checked the fuses under dash on rhs and fuses under the black box in engine compartment. please any ideas at all ?
Is it a nissan factory fitted sunroof? or an after market. i have had an xtrail & pathfinder both fitted with factory sunroofs both had seized electrical motors in the sunroof caused by water/moisture getting into the sunroof seals on the roof. At first i thought it was a fuse & after further investigation found out the electric motors rusted due to water getting thru the seals. nissan didnt want to know & quoted $1,700 plus $170 p/hour labour to replace it & reseal. Ended up getting the job done & sunroof resealed for $500 you cant do it your self.Thankyou Trojan horse, do you know if there is a manuel over-ride to close the gen nissan sunroof ?I am not sure someone told me once you can use a screwdriver or allen key & turn the motor manually its an emergency over ride in electric sunroofs.i just did a google search & found a few other ways on you tube

I have a Nissan Xtrail T31 Series IV year 2011. How do I change the clock on the dash board, can do the one on the radio ok but the manual for the dashboard doesn't line up with my model. Can anyone help please. Very frustrating having 2 different times showing in the car.
its pretty easy look near the bottom of the speedo there are two black knobs. one near the speedo the other next to the Tacho. Press & hold the knob (nearest the taco) in for about 5 seconds it will go into settings, scroll thru turning the knob until you reach clock, press the knob & the clock will flash turn & press the knob to set the time then scroll thru to exit & the clock should be set. You will need the key in the ignition & the ignition on.Thanks Ben, I have tried holding that knob in for 5 seconds and more and nothing happens, it doesn't go into settings and no ability to change the clock!!Try turning the knob counter clock wise without pushing it in. it should go into the computer settings then scroll down to clock i did mine about a week ago

I have a nissan x-trail t31. I have just replaced my clock spring now the air bag and ESP lights come on along with a slight noise from the engine bay. The clock spring was new and everything was centred when replaced. After repacing the clock spring i washed down the engine. What could be the problem?

Why do i have to hold the switch of the tailgate for long periods before the lock open? i have a nissan 2011 xtrail
witch switch the remote switch or the tailgate switch

Hi ! I have a problem with my Nissan X-Trail 2013 T31 petrol The engine light is on and the mechanic change twice the front oxygen sensor in two weeks, the back oxygen sensor after 1,5 months And Each time the light come back Someone did have the same problem ? Thanks for your answer, Antoine.
Hi Antoine Its most likely your catalytic converter. Good luck mate and God bless you. Anthony :) check engine light comes back after replacing oxygen sensor - Google Search https://www.google.com/search?q=check+engine+light+comes+back+after+replacing+oxygen+sensor&oq=check+engine+light+comes+back+after+replacing+oxygen+sensor&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.27912j0j4&client=ms-android-optus-au&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=0&scso=_VAlPXMX5M9O2rQHzjLHIDQ38:439.23809814453125.3333435058594.8571166992188.7142944335938.7142944335938.23809814453125.3809509277344.9047546386719.90475463867188.95237731933594.71428680419922.714284896850586Hi again Antoine Before you go spending money on a new catalytic converter, check out this youtube video by Chrisfix, regarding cleaning up the EGR valve. It is part of the Exhaust system, which throws error codes when it gets blocked up by carbon. Watch "How to Clean and Replace an EGR Valve P0400" on YouTube https://youtu.be/iT8Iww44nZM Cheers and God bless you Anthony :)

2007 x trail wont start after towing trailer. Not flat battery. Any ideas?

I have a Nissan X Trail T31 2009 and a diagnostic report shows the EPS(electronic power steering) and the ECM(engine control module) is faulty.. Anyone knows about these parts and/or where they are located on the vehicle?

What could be causing greenish appearance at the exhaust of my Nissan xtrail 2010 diesel engine DNT31?
head gasket leaking coolant into cylinders.

I am having nissan xtrail T31 diesel repeatedly appearing check engine in dash bord and pickup going down and rpm not going beyond 3k in nutral gear can any one suggest solution and why it is?
Air flow meter/oxygen sensor

i have artic 2008 with roof driving lights, but wont switch on , question where is the relay or fuse as not in hand book?
You can switch it on only with high beam.

Hi just trying to find out does a 2007 nissan xtrail t31 have 1 or 2 speed sensors?
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this but assume it is 1 speed sensor as was very responsive to gear change when acceleratingThanks for the reply i found out it has 2 speed sensors

Warning on the mechanics machine says fuel cut off. I have an xtrail. What does this mean ?

Where in the fuse box for the tail lights for a 2013 x trail?

I have an 2009 Xtrail . ESP off light , engine light and the traction light keep coming on intermittently. When this happens I lose power and car surges . Just spent $700 having the throttle sensor unit replaced and still happening . And ideas please
Did you find out what it was it’s happened to me I just bought one last night ! nattyanne123@hotmail.com thanks Natalie

How do you turn the ESP switch on?
It's always on.

We have oil going on to our air filter... someone said a pcv valve and someone else a split turbo pipe?? Any ideas what it would be? We changed the air filter but there is more on the new one?
Are you using ONLY C-4 compliance oil. It is special and not everywhere stocks it. And not every oil maker supply's it.

My Nissan Xtrail engine light and ESP light went on, had hardly any power to the car. Left car for an hour when I went back to it only engine light on. Any ideas what it might be?
Your battery is about to die. Voltage is dropping too low when starting the car and messing with sensors and computers. Engine light sounds like something else. Might be corrected with a good battery as well.My partner is having a similar issue. Check engine and ESC light come on the dash. Revs are sporadic. Loss of power. our battery was replaced about June 2018.... I will chuck the battery on a slow charge tonight and see if the problem continues tomorrow.I had engin light stay on as well,there is a way you can buy pass that and reset the ecu,if it is a major problem it will come back on later,it seams that engin light comes on for any small or big reason.

I have a 2008 Nissan X-Trail T31 when I put the headlights on the dash cluster lights don't seem the came on all I have on are the illuminated speedo and taco I can't seem to be able to see the Speedo at what speed I'm doing is this normal for x trails

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Similar listings