OzMobiles Questions & Answers

39 questions from our users

dewick dongalasked

since ex demo models are generally charging non-stop do they have worse battery life that usual phones (looking at ex demo iPhone X 256gb)

Heather B.

Heather B.asked

I received my iphone 8 plus yesterday. There is no sound when it rings. I have checked the ‘do not disturb’. The volume button is on full, but no sound. The button on the left side is on sound. What else do I need to do to fix this?
Heather

Bradley P.

Bradley P.asked

samsung Galaxy S10e Oppo Reno Z or +7 Huawei Mate 30 Pro Samsung Galaxy S9+ or Samsung Galaxy S 10+ Which is the best :; and which do you believe to be the best, value for money ???

Hi Bradley!

Thanks for your question. These are all great phones - but which would be best for you would depend on your wants and needs. Please feel free to email our team at info@ozmobiles.com.au and they can assist in helping you to choose the right phone for you.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

If I were to choose the free shipping option how long would it take to arrive (maximum)

Hi!

The best way to check is using this tool - it will let you see the Express and Regular shipping times to your postcode: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/. We ship from Melbourne VIC 3000

Lois H.

Lois H.asked

i ordered my phone yesterday but still haven't received anything about posting or tracking? how long does it take? i chose standard postage also.

halle

halleasked

what is the "good" condition for the phones like? and what is it like compared to the Ex-Demo

Helen Hunter
Helen Hunter

Halle, I can only tell you about the Ex Demo I received no Marks or bruises i am really happy with it, i checked with Samsung and they confirmed that it was Australian there are others around which are 6/128 these are and overseas product. I was happy with Ozmobiles description the Galaxy I have is 8/128 it is working well and i thought the price was excellent thats about all I can say at this moment

Brooke T.

Brooke T.asked

Do the ex-demo iphones have any scratches or marks on them

M Haslett

On the 2 I have purchased, not one mark. Both were marked and sold as in Good condition

Marco

Marcoasked

What condition can I expect from a used as demo iPhone?
Marco

Steve T
Steve T

As good as new. Not a mark on it.

M Haslett

The phones are of excellent quality I have purchased 2 phones Rated as good condition and they have been of an excellent standard no marks and functioning as if new.

dewick dongal

do you have any problems with battery life as most demo models are on charge all the time

Isabel S.

Isabel S.asked

What does fair condition mean? Am I just buying something I'll have to replace in six months time?

Hi Isabel,
Our phones are graded into different conditions ranging from New, Ex-Demo to Pre-Owned.
The Fair condition phones are pre-owned models in below average condition. There will be visible scratches on the screen, and higher than average wear and tear on the sides with potentially small dents on the frame.
They come with 6 months of OzMobiles warranty. iPhones do have the option to have extended warranty purchased if you would like longer warranty :-)
The phones are all fully tested by our trained technicians to ensure they are up to our high quality standards.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us on Livechat Monday-Friday 9-4:45pm or email info@ozmobiles.com.au

sue Martin

sue Martinasked

do you sell phone cases also?

Hi Sue,
Yes we certainly do!
We have a range of phone cases available for different models.
Feel free to check them out on our website in the link below:
If you have any questions feel free to contact us via Livechat Monday - Friday 9-4:45pm, or email - info@ozmobiles.com.au

Sammyasked

Is it okay to come in to the store and look at some of your items?

Hi Sammy,
Thanks for your question!
We don't have a store room where our stock can be browsed. But you can certainly pick up your order from our Melbourne location.
Just feel free to place an order on our site using the "Pickup" payment method on any order of $149 and above. Then our team will email you the pickup details within 2 business hours.
If you have any further questions feel free to email us at info@ozmobiles.com.au, otherwise we are on Livechat Monday - Friday 9-4:45pm.

Sammy

Thank you so much for all your help, you guys really helped me :))

Sammyasked

Hello there,
I was looking to buy an 'average condition' iPhone and I was wondering if it's possible to come in and look at the phone before buying it, just to see the condition?
Thanks :)

Beth S
Beth S

Hi Sammy, I'd advise against buying from here. I've ended up having my iPhone fixed by a high street repair store, even though the issue was a manufacturing problem and no fault of mine. I'm still not sure why my warranty wasn't valid!

leila

leilaasked

hey there
i am thinking about buying an average condition phone
if it doesn’t work it or starts to act up do you guys offer replacements?

Hi Leila,
Thanks for your question on our phones.
We certainly do cover you in the event the phone has any issues.
All of our phones come with warranty provided by OzMobiles, this ranges depending on what condition the phone is in.
New & Ex-Demo models come with 12 months of warranty. While Pre-owned models have 6 months. If the device has any manufacturing issues arise we are more than happy to assist with a warranty claim. In these situations we do most commonly replace phones.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact our team direct at info@ozmobiles.com.au or check out our FAQ's page here: https://www.ozmobiles.com.au/faq

Josh G

Josh Gasked

Was gonna buy Google pixel XL Average Condition but i've been reading reviews and getting kinda worried over what i've heard was wondering if i should buy it or not?

Hi Josh,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I can assure you that all of our phones are fully tested by our trained technicians to ensure they are up to our high quality standards.

All of our products come with warrranty:
12 months for our Ex-Demo and New models
*For a limited time only we provide 6 months for all Pre-owned devices, including the Average condition phone you are interested in.
If you run into any issues simply contact our team at support@ozmobiles.com.au and we are more than happy to assist you.

With Pre-Owned phones due to their prior use and age they may run slightly slower or have a slightly depleted battery but they will function perfectly.

Amy W

Amy Wasked

Is the battery life still good or bad?

Stuartandjan

Still as good as my other iPhone 6 that I bought from Telstra.

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your inquiry.
All of our phones are fully tested by our technicians to ensure they are up to our high quality standards.
Our devices all come with good working batteries.
The OzMobiles Tea

ate

ateasked

Just wondering what the difference between a phone in 'good condition' and an 'ex demo' phone?

Ralphy
Ralphy

EX DEMO - they are phones that have been used in display cases. GOOD- used in a very good condition. - AVERAGE- Maybe minor visible scratches on screen not visible when the device is turned on. Standard wear and tear on sides and back. FAIR- These have visible scratches on screen and higher than average wear and tear on the sides with potentially dents on the frame

Stuartandjan

I have only bought an ex demo and it was like new, hope that helps.

Hi Ate,

Thanks for your query, I see this has brought up a lot of chat amongst others :-)

We describe both of these models as follows:
Ex-Demo: These are phones that have been used in display cases or have just generally been out of their package at some point in time. We sell them cheaper as they aren’t brand new, however, these phones are in excellent condition internally and externally without barely any marks on them.

Good condition: These Used items are in very good condition with no scratches or marks on the screen, there may be minor wear and tear on the sides or back.

If you have any further questions feel free to get in contact with us. We have Livechat running on our website Monday to Friday 10am-5pm for any queries.

Beeasked

If I choose a 'new' iPhone can you supply the serial number so i can check if it is covered by Apple warranty and eligible for Applecare?

Kasia Marneros
Kasia Marneros

Oz mobile might give you a new iPhone but I just bought new one and was told by an Apple Repair store that it was already over 8 months old and
Only had three months warranty left. It might have been a new genuine apple iPhone jdbut the Apple warranty was almost over. Oz Mobile told me that it was still covered under Australian consumer warranty for two years (from 8 months ago) so they Apple warranty didn’t matter..... I’m trying to return the phone now....

Bee

Thanks for your answer Kasia - that's what i wanted to know. cheers

lauren...6

lauren...6asked

I was wondering if the Iphone x will come in its original packaging?

Faye

Fayeasked

Where can I collect from ozmobiles?

Georgina B

Georgina Basked

If i buy one of your unlocked phones, can i use it on a network in the UK?

Hi Georgina,

Thank you for your query.

With all of our devices they are network unlocked and can be used in all networks within Australia.

In regards to International use this varies. Different countries use different technologies and frequencies, your phone needs to be compatible with them to work.
No need to worry though, phones these days are built to work in multiple countries so it's more than likely this will work.

So you can be positive this works we are more than happy to confirm this for you. Feel free to send our friendly team a message on info@ozmobiles.com.au with the details on what phone you are looking at.

OzMobiles Team

Get an answer from our members and OzMobiles representatives