182 questions from our users

mary

maryasked

VIC, Melbourne

what is the difference in grade 1 and grade 2 floorboards in the express range?

Peter J.
Peter J.

Sorry Mary We had Tiles laid in both houses we had built as we live on the Coast I can however you tell the tiles they used are a very good Quality for the money we paid and laid well, no variances anywhere

Hi Mary,
There is only one range that is available for our Xpress range, which is the Rustic range from PTF - http://ptf.com.au/product-category/rustic-range-laminate/

Please let us know if we can assist with anything further.

Samantha F.

Samantha F.asked

Enquiry why can't Simonds put up temporary fencing when us as customers have expressed our concerns many times of people dumping on our block. Which has been a huge issue in our state we got our title back in October we still don't have a start date not at any fault to us. Yesterday I got told we won't be starting till mid to late January that's the whole Christmas period of our block being exposed to the many builders already building in our stage and people. We still don't even have our builders permit this should have been done already it's starting to get beyond the joke, we were told 8 weeks from when we get title it's now way over that.

Kind regards
Samantha Forssman.

Hi Samantha,
If you would be able to provide us with your job number, we can look into this for you.

Shai N.asked

if they are reducing our home by a certain length in a particular area can we add that (reduced length) to another place of the home?

Janaka R
Janaka R

I think so. Talk to your Sales Consultant first before making a decision. My design was exactly what I was after and had the option for an extended alfresco which I didn't take. Structural changes to a standard design incurs a cost. We changed our ceiling height to 2590mm and that's all we did. Make sure to select a block size that suits your design. In our case it was a titled and soil tested estate where Simonds was already building couple of houses.

thanks Janaka!

Sheenasked

We have a cavity sliding door not working in our WIR just less then a year after home was completed. Just wondering is this structural maintenance part? This door was an extra cost at that time and I'm guessing this could be the result of installing the door at the wrong position at first then it got fixed but not at 100%.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Sheen. Would you be able to provide your job number so that we can look into this for you? Thanks, Simonds

Sheen

Thanks for the prompt response.
It is 56906.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Sheen. Thank you for providing this information. We have passed it through to our internal team who will be in touch. Thanks, Simonds

Peta L.

Peta L.asked

When attempting to drag the file to confirm the identity . It says You don't have sufficient permission to proceed. Can you advise what to do. Thanks

Hi Peta,
Would you be able to advise where you were trying to do this so that we can provide the best advice possible.

Poonam

Poonamasked

VIC, Melbourne

How can you sure a customer about your service quality, after reading so many disappointed reviews?
We have booked you for our first home, but now feeling bit confused about whether to choose you or not?

Hi,
We have been building homes for 70 years and we pride ourselves in the quality of our builds. If you would like further reassurance, please feel free to call our head office on (03) 9682 0700 where a member of our team will be happy to talk through any queries you may have. Thanks

SMG
SMG

Be careful! We are building with them at the moment and having dramas! Bad reviews are there for a Reason!

Klairi
Klairi

We are having a bad experience also - we arranged private inspectors report and our site manager says its an opinion only.. some big issues that have been rushed. You spend so much to build a house - its disappointing that there are problems.

smiri p.asked

VIC, Melbourne

Can I terminate and cancel the xpress range Preliminary contract with no/some penalties after I signed it? our sales rep has been excellent but, we have and need lot of time to decide plans and checkout demo and etc. As first home buyers we felt like we dived in pretty quickly. I saw other builder do refund unspent money.

Hi Smiri,
Would you be able to provide your Job Number and a contact number so that I can look into this for you?
Thanks, Hayley

smiri p.

Thanks Hayley, Thanks for you reply. I am only after information about the possibility of refund of unspent money if any. I am happy with Simonds so far but, I want dont want any ties for now for peace of mind so I can revisit in 2 months when i have some free time.

Hi Smiri,
We do not normally cancel contracts. However, our regional office will happily discuss this with you but we need more information around the reason for cancellation.
Furthermore, would you be able to elaborate what you mean by "preliminary contract"?

CB homeasked

VIC, Melbourne

Until now simonds still haven't explain why they refused to credit me back my money so i can get my tiles fix.

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to Simonds again. We have touched base with the internal team at Simonds who have advised that replacement tiles have been delivered and that they have reached out to you directly. To avoid any delays or double handing of your requests, please deal directly with the specialist Simonds team who are in communication with you regarding your tiles and any further requests.

CB home

Tiles was dumped on my driveway 6 months ago blocking my garage. No one bothered to come and do anything. Now that I'd disposed of it to clear our space and made complain about it and now someone wanted to come. I'd made my intention known to them that I'd given them a full year to do so but no one bothered. Is this how simonds building houses? Deliberately layed left over tiles into our house..dumped some more tiles in front of our garage and leave it there. Isn't one year enough to get it fix..if simonds dont want to fix it then i have every right to ask for credit back to get someone else to do it..what's simonds excuses for not crediting me back ? What's simonds excuses for laying left over tiles into my house ?

CB homeasked

VIC, Melbourne

Email sent and suprisingly as expected no response. We was able to meet the tiler and he told us that simonds was fully aware of the different tiles but simonds told the tiler to lay the tiles regardless. This is ethically and morally not acceptable. Can someone from simonds explain this to me.. you guys been around for 60 years and this is how you treat and built houses for your customer ? Throw in some left over tiles from somewhere and hope no one will notice ? You guys can keep quiet but I wont. Simonds screwed up my house and I will do the same to simonds. There are hundred of people at simonds so surely someone there please explain why you delibrately put tiles like that into our house. ?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi, I have passed this onto our internal team to be followed up immediately. If you still do not receive any contact from anyone at Simonds, please let us know and we will follow it up again.

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old manasked

Hi
I would like to have a look at the floor plan
of the $99000.00 first home buyer special
Many thanks

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi. If you follow the link provided below, you can see the floor plan for our 99K Offer.
Thanks, Simonds

Link: https://assets.simonds.com.au/images/global/campaign/2019/99K/SIM-881_99K_A4Flyer_VIC-QLD-SA_190702_AM_V10-WEB.pdf?mtime=20190716153617

Simonds H.Simonds

For more information, please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page attached below and one of our fantastic sales consultants will gladly answer any further questions you may have.
Link: https://www.simonds.com.au/contact-us

Div

Divasked

Hi we are building our first home with Simonds.The house is ready and the final inspection is done to which the inspector found out some faults. Our Site manager is asking us to sign off but the blinds are still left to be installed and the faults are being taken care if.
Should we wait for these things to be done or should we sign off?
He has promised that the blinds will be done end of this month.

Rohan B
Rohan B

Hi Div,
I believe you should have a written commitment from the supervisor. An email will be ok. If you are not in a hurry, do not sign until all completed.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Div. Would you be able to send your job number and site address to louisa.wilkes@simonds.com.au so we can look into this for you?

Maddy
Maddy

Believe me do not sign anything or give final payment cause they may not fix your problem

Lila T.

Lila T.asked

Hi just wondering if there is any1 who has a pic of the blackwood sample Simonds shows u when looking at building a Express home with them?Ive looked on their website seems it doesn't exist anymore We built with them just over 2 yrs ago Brought up the carpet was wrong colour excuse after excuse has been given even to the point where they told me I had too much light coming in fr having too many windows Are u serious? This design is 1 of yours We didn't design anything Thanks

dheeraj g.

dheeraj g.asked

Hi Guys
In jubilee estate, you guys are constructing house next to my land, i had noticed construction wastage is getting dumped on my land, i had reported this to your site supervisor he told me he will get it cleaned, it been more than and month and still construction waste is not removed my my land in Jubliee

here is your site address Lot 1172 LAMARO WAY Wyndham Vale

Cheers
Dheeraj

Simonds HomesSimonds

Hi Dheeraj, thanks for bring this to attention and we are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. We'll chase up the site manager and hopefully get this resolved ASAP.

Dharmendra M.

Dharmendra M.asked

I am looking to build a house with the Simons in Newcastle Any feedback

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Dharmendra, we are looking into this for you now and will be back to you asap with confirmation!

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Dharmendra, we can confirm that we do not currently build in Newcastle, so we're unable to help in this instance. Best of luck with your build, though!

Amanda Smith

Amanda Smithasked

Can you please remove Brent's name from this review - (Kirsty review 3/4/19) - All other names have been removed.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Amanda, we have gotten in touch with the product review admin team and they have confirmed the name has been removed.

Jeyasked

Misimonds is not working for me
job no 57236

Hi Jey,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We're a little unsure of your question. It would be great if you could go into a little more detail of what you are after and we can look into it further. Sorry about this!
the Simonds Team

Jey

I am getting the following error message
Your account no and password do not match
When I click 'forgot password' , system stalls on ' sending email'
It has been a month now since I logged the issue

Hi Jey,
Have you checked junk mail? Your best bet is to follow this up with your Simonds Representative who will be able to reset the account from their end faster than we will. Regardless, we will logged your request and see if we can get a resolution.
the Simonds Team

Nigs67

Nigs67asked

Going through our paperwork ( we built in Dec 2015) the niches we paid for were meant to be 370mm x 370mm - so 37cm x 37cm . Our niches are lucky to be 30cm x 30cm.
Yes we should have double checked and triple checked.
Do we have any comeback after all this time.?
I have the variation document to show thats what should have gone in.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Nigs67, if you send over your client number I can forward this on to the client service team and see if anything needs to be done.

maintenance reqiredasked

VIC, Melbourne

Who should we complain to? The maintenance team took half year to fix the pipe and then damaged my garden. After we push more than half year, then we fixed by private landscaper and sent the team a bill. Until now,we had not hear anything. What should we do?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi, Are you able to provide your name, contact number and client number and we can try and follow this up for you.

maintenance reqired

Job number 51619 client Neng Fang Tu 03-87150415. Thanks.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Neng, thanks for providing this information. We'll pass on the complaint and see what we can do to get a resolution.

Sil

Silasked

Can simonds build a house for me of my approved plans?

Venny

Vennyasked

Can anyone pls let me know bout Simonds Homes is good to build a home? I’ve seen so many bad reviews about Simonds in Victoria but I’m not sure about how bout in Sydney.

Roy Burnett
Roy Burnett

Hi Vinney I have spoken to a lot of people and they have built with other builders yes they were a bit late in starting my home but at the end of the build they did compensate me which I did not ask for I got a very nice refund which was a surprise .Everyone complains they have trouble with there builder when I think about it I had a good run besides the late start so yes I would use Simonds again because I am really happy with my home.

Get an answer from our members and Simonds representatives