178 questions from our users

Peta L.

Peta L.asked

Simonds

When attempting to drag the file to confirm the identity . It says You don't have sufficient permission to proceed. Can you advise what to do. Thanks

Hi Peta,
Would you be able to advise where you were trying to do this so that we can provide the best advice possible.

Poonam

Poonamasked

VIC, Melbourne

How can you sure a customer about your service quality, after reading so many disappointed reviews?
We have booked you for our first home, but now feeling bit confused about whether to choose you or not?

Hi,
We have been building homes for 70 years and we pride ourselves in the quality of our builds. If you would like further reassurance, please feel free to call our head office on (03) 9682 0700 where a member of our team will be happy to talk through any queries you may have. Thanks

smiri p.asked

VIC, Melbourne

Can I terminate and cancel the xpress range Preliminary contract with no/some penalties after I signed it? our sales rep has been excellent but, we have and need lot of time to decide plans and checkout demo and etc. As first home buyers we felt like we dived in pretty quickly. I saw other builder do refund unspent money.

Hi Smiri,
Would you be able to provide your Job Number and a contact number so that I can look into this for you?
Thanks, Hayley

smiri p.

Thanks Hayley, Thanks for you reply. I am only after information about the possibility of refund of unspent money if any. I am happy with Simonds so far but, I want dont want any ties for now for peace of mind so I can revisit in 2 months when i have some free time.

Hi Smiri,
We do not normally cancel contracts. However, our regional office will happily discuss this with you but we need more information around the reason for cancellation.
Furthermore, would you be able to elaborate what you mean by "preliminary contract"?

CB homeasked

VIC, Melbourne

Until now simonds still haven't explain why they refused to credit me back my money so i can get my tiles fix.

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to Simonds again. We have touched base with the internal team at Simonds who have advised that replacement tiles have been delivered and that they have reached out to you directly. To avoid any delays or double handing of your requests, please deal directly with the specialist Simonds team who are in communication with you regarding your tiles and any further requests.

CB home

Tiles was dumped on my driveway 6 months ago blocking my garage. No one bothered to come and do anything. Now that I'd disposed of it to clear our space and made complain about it and now someone wanted to come. I'd made my intention known to them that I'd given them a full year to do so but no one bothered. Is this how simonds building houses? Deliberately layed left over tiles into our house..dumped some more tiles in front of our garage and leave it there. Isn't one year enough to get it fix..if simonds dont want to fix it then i have every right to ask for credit back to get someone else to do it..what's simonds excuses for not crediting me back ? What's simonds excuses for laying left over tiles into my house ?

CB homeasked

VIC, Melbourne

Email sent and suprisingly as expected no response. We was able to meet the tiler and he told us that simonds was fully aware of the different tiles but simonds told the tiler to lay the tiles regardless. This is ethically and morally not acceptable. Can someone from simonds explain this to me.. you guys been around for 60 years and this is how you treat and built houses for your customer ? Throw in some left over tiles from somewhere and hope no one will notice ? You guys can keep quiet but I wont. Simonds screwed up my house and I will do the same to simonds. There are hundred of people at simonds so surely someone there please explain why you delibrately put tiles like that into our house. ?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi, I have passed this onto our internal team to be followed up immediately. If you still do not receive any contact from anyone at Simonds, please let us know and we will follow it up again.

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old manasked

Hi
I would like to have a look at the floor plan
of the $99000.00 first home buyer special
Many thanks

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi. If you follow the link provided below, you can see the floor plan for our 99K Offer.
Thanks, Simonds

Link: https://assets.simonds.com.au/images/global/campaign/2019/99K/SIM-881_99K_A4Flyer_VIC-QLD-SA_190702_AM_V10-WEB.pdf?mtime=20190716153617

Simonds H.Simonds

For more information, please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page attached below and one of our fantastic sales consultants will gladly answer any further questions you may have.
Link: https://www.simonds.com.au/contact-us

Div

Divasked

Simonds

Hi we are building our first home with Simonds.The house is ready and the final inspection is done to which the inspector found out some faults. Our Site manager is asking us to sign off but the blinds are still left to be installed and the faults are being taken care if.
Should we wait for these things to be done or should we sign off?
He has promised that the blinds will be done end of this month.

Rohan B
Rohan B

Hi Div,
I believe you should have a written commitment from the supervisor. An email will be ok. If you are not in a hurry, do not sign until all completed.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Div. Would you be able to send your job number and site address to louisa.wilkes@simonds.com.au so we can look into this for you?

Maddy
Maddy

Believe me do not sign anything or give final payment cause they may not fix your problem

Lila T.

Lila T.asked

Simonds

Hi just wondering if there is any1 who has a pic of the blackwood sample Simonds shows u when looking at building a Express home with them?Ive looked on their website seems it doesn't exist anymore We built with them just over 2 yrs ago Brought up the carpet was wrong colour excuse after excuse has been given even to the point where they told me I had too much light coming in fr having too many windows Are u serious? This design is 1 of yours We didn't design anything Thanks

dheeraj g.

dheeraj g.asked

Hi Guys
In jubilee estate, you guys are constructing house next to my land, i had noticed construction wastage is getting dumped on my land, i had reported this to your site supervisor he told me he will get it cleaned, it been more than and month and still construction waste is not removed my my land in Jubliee

here is your site address Lot 1172 LAMARO WAY Wyndham Vale

Cheers
Dheeraj

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Dheeraj, thanks for bring this to attention and we are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused. We'll chase up the site manager and hopefully get this resolved ASAP.

Dharmendra M.

Dharmendra M.asked

I am looking to build a house with the Simons in Newcastle Any feedback

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Dharmendra, we are looking into this for you now and will be back to you asap with confirmation!

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Dharmendra, we can confirm that we do not currently build in Newcastle, so we're unable to help in this instance. Best of luck with your build, though!

Amanda Smith

Amanda Smithasked

Simonds

Can you please remove Brent's name from this review - (Kirsty review 3/4/19) - All other names have been removed.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Amanda, we have gotten in touch with the product review admin team and they have confirmed the name has been removed.

Jeyasked

Simonds

Misimonds is not working for me
job no 57236

Hi Jey,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We're a little unsure of your question. It would be great if you could go into a little more detail of what you are after and we can look into it further. Sorry about this!
the Simonds Team

Jey

I am getting the following error message
Your account no and password do not match
When I click 'forgot password' , system stalls on ' sending email'
It has been a month now since I logged the issue

Hi Jey,
Have you checked junk mail? Your best bet is to follow this up with your Simonds Representative who will be able to reset the account from their end faster than we will. Regardless, we will logged your request and see if we can get a resolution.
the Simonds Team

Nigs67

Nigs67asked

Simonds

Going through our paperwork ( we built in Dec 2015) the niches we paid for were meant to be 370mm x 370mm - so 37cm x 37cm . Our niches are lucky to be 30cm x 30cm.
Yes we should have double checked and triple checked.
Do we have any comeback after all this time.?
I have the variation document to show thats what should have gone in.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Nigs67, if you send over your client number I can forward this on to the client service team and see if anything needs to be done.

maintenance reqired

maintenance reqiredasked

VIC, Melbourne

Who should we complain to? The maintenance team took half year to fix the pipe and then damaged my garden. After we push more than half year, then we fixed by private landscaper and sent the team a bill. Until now,we had not hear anything. What should we do?

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi, Are you able to provide your name, contact number and client number and we can try and follow this up for you.
The Simonds Team

Job number 51619 client Neng Fang Tu 03-87150415. Thanks.

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Neng, thanks for providing this information. We'll pass on the complaint and see what we can do to get a resolution.

Sil

Silasked

Simonds

Can simonds build a house for me of my approved plans?

Venny

Vennyasked

Simonds

Can anyone pls let me know bout Simonds Homes is good to build a home? I’ve seen so many bad reviews about Simonds in Victoria but I’m not sure about how bout in Sydney.

Roy Burnett

Hi Vinney I have spoken to a lot of people and they have built with other builders yes they were a bit late in starting my home but at the end of the build they did compensate me which I did not ask for I got a very nice refund which was a surprise .Everyone complains they have trouble with there builder when I think about it I had a good run besides the late start so yes I would use Simonds again because I am really happy with my home.

Scotty01

Scotty01asked

Simonds

Has anyone had a fixed completion date in written into their House Building Contract?

Sheenasked

Simonds

Hello, I just moved in my newly build home but found out, there are lots of waste from the builder which left behind.

For example, the broken roof tiles, broken brick, rusted nails, crushed stone, broken concrete which for the stand of the CCTV while building in process.

Wonder this is the builder responsibilty to clean up before hand over??

Hi Jason,
Please provide your job number and or a ph number we can contact you on thanks

Roy Burnett

Yes the builder is suppose to do a clean site before hand over..

evpasked

Simonds

If you decide that using Simonds Homes to build your house, be prepared to earn the wrath of your neighbours. It’s just gone 7.30am on a Saturday and Not for the first time, we’ve been woken up by brick layers who like their rap and heavy metal music on as loudly as they can get it. They have no respect for the families living around the construction site and refuse to tone it down in deference to the people who have to live through the construction.

No one is going to thank you for choosing this builder!

Hello
We’d like to follow this matter up, can you provide a contact number please

0431 377 144

I have spoken to one of your staff before about this particular crew. It really hasn't seemed to help

Neil

Neilasked

Simonds

Hi I moved into my Simonds Home 3 months ago and am still waiting to get my faults fixed . Oil stain on the floorboards. Missing shelf in vanity Leaking gutter Paint on kitchen cupboards still has blue tabs from inspector Plaster has been repaired around skylights but needs painting. The address is 46 Highgate Rd Kilmore Neil Philpott 0400567521.

Get an answer from our members and Simonds representatives