221 questions from our users

Helen C.
Helen C.asked
Simonds

do simonds build in sussex inlet

Hi Helen,
Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we don't currently service the Sussex Inlet, NSW area. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Anjan C.
Anjan C.asked
Simonds

Hi guys, just a quick question. We have signed the final documents of our contract and the finance is approved weeks back. how long will it take to start the build ?

Job No: 66522

Hi Anjan,
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We've sent your enquiry to our internal team for follow-up. Please feel free to reach out if you require any assistance in the interim.

Nickasked
Simonds

I have soo many issues with my flushings throughout the entire house. I’ve had 3 different gyprock tradies out and they all say it’s the worst work they have ever seen. But Simonds say there isn’t an issue ? How does that work

ash
ash

Hi Nick , not sure about the quality of the gyprock tradies that worked on your house , however I couldn't fault the tradies on our builds because if even when we had any minor concerns regarding the tradies they were addressed by our Simonds on site supervisor.

Nick

That’s alright then, my supervisor has been no existent had to go straight past him to the manager. Just kinda take your money and run

Hi Nick,
Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry to hear about these concerns with your flushings. Are you able to provide us with your job number? We can then send these concerns to our internal team for follow-up.

Dominic rao
Dominic raoasked
VIC, Melbourne

I have been waiting nearly 8 months for the start of construction .My job no. 62138 with land at Lot 3215 Gainsborough Road, Williams Landing.Why such unacceptable delay? Your reputation as a reputable builder is on shaky grounds.I am losing money as I have to pay 8 months of interest repayments and I am told there is no recompense for my loss.Any positive response?My name Dominic Rao

Hi Dominic,
Thank you for contacting us at Simonds Homes and for providing your job number. We have sent these concerns to our internal team for follow-up.

Rong H asked
VIC, Melbourne

As a previous client, I have been told that Simonds forgot to do the waterproof floor under the basement in the bathroom, i think no matter how long it is from purchasing, how come that there is no waterproof in the bathroom? I sent email to report this to Simonds, but no one replied me, I ask my agent to call Simonds, however no one picked up the call when transferring to the maintenance department. I just want to know how to report the issue to Simonds? No one replied until now.

Hi Rong,
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. We're sorry to hear that you have been waiting for a response from our team and we would like to follow these concerns up for you. Could you please provide us with your job number, or alternatively you can email your address and contact details to customer.success@simonds.com.au and we can follow this up with the relevant team.

Rong H

I sent email to this one: metrowest.maintenance@simonds.com.au, but no one replied, and no one picked up the call, how can I do? Forward the email to the email address you sent to me?

Hi Rong,
You can either comment your job number below or forward through the email to the customer.success@simonds.com.au address provided. Please just ensure that it contains a job number and/or address of your build, so that we can follow-up these concerns with the relevant team.

moskinakiasked
Simonds

Hi, was wondering who you collaborate with for ducted air conditioning as we want to install this type of cooling in our Simonds home. Do you collaborate with any of the big brands like Daikin and Mitsubishi?

Hi,Since mine is a single storey and an investment property, I have only installed an evaporative cooling. But to answer your question, both the brands are good and I personally feel Mitsubishi is few notches better than Daikin as have used in the past.

moskinaki

Ours is not an investment property but our home. We would not want evaporative cooling but refridgerated cooling. Does Simonds collaborate with Mitsubishi though? I think they onoyistall Bonair, which isnta reliable brand at all.

Purple Granny
Purple Granny

Funny you should ask that, we did our homework on other appliances & changed them, oven & cooktop. But not with Bonair refig/ heating cooling zoning. The outside unit is very noisy ( no neighbors yet but I'm sure they will complain) stopped cooling after 3 weeks but Bonaire came out & fixed it next day. They regassed it. Wouldn't go with Bonair again. Simonds were quite happy to install my choice of Bosch oven & cooktop, I told them what I wanted & they supplied & installed it. I found Simonds very easy to deal with any changes I wanted.

Ebhatie
Ebhatieasked
Simonds

Hi guys, just a quick question. We have just finished signing the final documents of our contract, how long will it take to start the build? In Geelong area?

Hi Ebhatie,
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. If you could please provide us with your job number, or alternatively send your job number and details to customer.success@simonds.com.au we can follow your query up with our internal team in order to provide you with further information.

wjwhitham69
wjwhitham69asked
Simonds

Why do your builders start work 0630 with power tools fully well knowing power tools can't be used before 0700 weekdays showing absolutely no respect for neighbours and when approached about this matter your inployees become smart arses

Hi wjwhitham69,
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. We're sorry to hear about your experience and we'd like to follow this up with our internal team. Could you please email the address details of the Simonds build site in question to customer.success@simonds.com.au so that we can pass your concerns on to the relevant team.

Sheen
Sheenasked
VIC, Gippsland

Hi,

I have just found out that the one of the screw to hold my garage door motor at the ceiling came off. Lucky I saw this before it fall on my car sunroof or it injure anyone.

I can't see any stud was used to screwed on the plaster. It is a hazard issue with a timing bomb to fall anytime. Is this installation comply??

Will Simonds look after this issue or I have to get someone to fix it myself?

Hi Sheen,
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. We're sorry to hear about your experience and we'd like to look into this for you. If you could please provide us with your job number, we will pass your concerns on to our internal team for follow-up.

Karen S.
Karen S.asked
VIC, Gippsland

I have a problem with cracking and movement in a property in shepparton. Is only 7 years built. Who will i call for some assistance.

Hi Karen
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to see what we can do to help. If you could please provide your job number we can pass your concerns onto the internal team to be followed up on. Alternatively, if you do not know your job number, please email your details to: customer.success@simonds.com.au

Peter A.asked
VIC, Melbourne

i am building with simonds i don t recommend to anyone from sale until now no communication they lie every one want sign and after say speak with next one now i have stop the building refuse to pay the bill until someone want speak with me

job no 64621

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Peter, thank you for getting in touch with us at Simonds Homes. We are sorry to hear about your experience and have passed your concerns onto our internal team to be followed up on. Thank you.

Peter A.

Thank you I already connected with them and didn't have any further information fow 3 weeks now THX

VIC, Melbourne

My alfresco concrete is so rough builder didn’t bother to put another layer on top of it.it already starts cracking just by pressure wash what the hell is this product it’s just a rip off

Sergio Di Martino
Sergio Di Martino

Hello John
I haven't my al fresco with Simonds. I've done it with and independent contractor. Can't really answer your question. Sorry

Hi John,
We've sent your concerns to our internal team.

sheila sommer
sheila sommer

Im sorry to here about your concrete but ours was like the slab no cracks and we had it cleaned an the tiled over it

VIC, Melbourne

So my builder installed a faulty cooktop and he said that got warranty so if that thing got warranty why the he’ll he’s not ringing them up to exchange it what is he making excuses definitely this is dirty business sick of this simonds honestly a faulty sliding walking pantry door and whenever I contact him he just saying coz of restrictions we can’t do anything I don’t know what to do coz these people they know that fixing period is 3 months after we’ll not gonna fix

Hi John,
We've passed this on to our internal team.

john e.

Hi just a question whenever I ask builder to fix some of the works he left half way he keep saying we’ll do it whenever the lock down finishes but the other day the faulty cooktop maintenance guy he came inside the house he inspected and he said not a problem I order some parts and we’ll get it fixed so if he can come inside the house and fix thing why is my builder Jamie Collin making excuses that he can’t put any one inside to fix some of the job he didn’t did it properly kindly ask him

VIC, Melbourne

So my builder Jamie says I can’t put tradies inside the house to fix things I don’t understand while other tradies saying only 2 people is allowed inside the house don’t know what’s going on I think he’s waiting for the fixing period kindly let him know that he’ll fix what needs to be fixed I told him if u can’t put tradies inside which is according to you can u exchange the cooktop he install was faulting got marks on it and onside is loose no idea why they want us to push them just do what u gotta do

Hi John,
Our team is aware of your current concerns and they will inspect these concerns once the government’s COVID restrictions allow us to do so. Once the restrictions are permitting, our team will be in touch with you to arrange a time to inspect your concerns. Please understand that these are government restrictions that we must follow, and that our team is just following protocol to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.

VIC, Melbourne

Why is getting hard everytime to sort out something with simonds First they were rushing for settlement now when I moved in there’s a list of thing to be fixed up I’ve send an email to my builder Jamie with the pictures but I don’t know why is he ignoring or making excuses

Hi John,
Thank you for getting in touch. We've sent your queries on to our internal team for follow-up.

Hi John,
We believe your Construction Manager has been in contact about your concerns. We appreciate your understanding and patience with the current COVID restrictions in place.

CL04asked

Hi Simonds,

Is reticulation pipe the standard termite protection for your houses in Melbourne? My house was built in 2017 without reticulation pipe only handspray. Your standard contract does not specify whether the termite protection is hand spray or pipe reticulation will be performed. I feel ripped off as I now need to pay installation of pipe reticulation and drilling under my concrete driveway. Obviously hand spraying under the concrete driveway is no longer possible post construction repeat treatments against termites.

Regards,
Christian

Simonds H.Simonds

Hi Christian, thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. If you could you please provide your job number, we can pass your details onto the relevant team for this to be investigated.

Hi,

Thank you for your response, my job number is 50148.

Regards

Simonds H.Simonds

Great, thanks Christian. We have passed this onto our internal team to look into.

Sara G
Sara Gasked
Simonds

I really like one of your floorplans (Welford) but I only want a 3 bedroom and it comes with 4. Is it possible to change it to a 3 bedroom?

Hi Sara G
Thank you for getting in touch with us at Simonds Homes.
We can change floor plans and could most likely arrange something like removing a room and making another area larger for example. Although I cannot confirm that we can definitely make the change in this situation, as it's very specific to the design and what you are wanting to change. It's definitely something we can discuss though. If you are interested, please fill in your details through the link below and someone from your region will be in touch with you to discuss this further.

Dominic rao
Dominic raoasked
VIC, Melbourne

I have contracted Simonds to build a townhouse in Williams landing.the job no. Is 62138.land title was settled on 02/07/2020.Todate I am still waiting from Simonds regarding the building permit approval and the start process. It is past 10 weeks now and what is Simonds doing to expedite the construction?I would like regular feedback and a quick turnaround please.

Hi Dominic,
Thank you for getting in touch and outlining your concerns. We've sent your concerns to our internal team for follow up.

Hi Dominic,
I believe your CRC has contacted you directly about your concerns. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require further assistance.

Teeasked
Simonds

Hi we have got an issue with the house built and we have been through the maintenance team. But at this stage there hasn’t been any response for months.

Hi Tee
Thank you for reaching out to us at Simonds Homes. We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to see what we can do to help. If you could please email customer.success@simonds.com.au with your job number and details of your concerns and we can look into this for you.

Tee

Hi Ive forwarded the emails.

Simonds H.Simonds

Great thanks Tee! We have received your email.

Sueasked
Simonds

We are building a new home, can you please tell me why we have been quoted $23,000.00 for a submersible pump to be installed in our small back garden, when our neighbours who have just built with another builder & only paid $11,000.00.

Wollert
Wollert

My review is according to my own experience . I’m not be able to answer behalf of someone’s experience .

Sue

Well what is your answer???

Hi Sue,
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We'd be happy to look into this for you. If you could please provide us with your job number, we will pass your queries on to our internal team for follow-up.
Thank you.

Get an answer from our members and Simonds representatives

Other Home Builders