SJD Homes Questions & Answers

24 questions from our users

chitra d.asked

Hi, just wondering whether the SJD will change the size of the building to our choice. I like one display house it's 33 squares fits lot size 16x32. But I have 16x28 lot. So want to know whether they can change the size. Thanks

Christine P.
Christine P.

You will be surprised at what they can do, and they’re pretty good with adjusting and customising to your needs. Our house was made a little bigger than off the plan. Good luck!

chitra d.

Thanks for your reply. Will try them.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Chitra, we can definitely alter plans and will work with your block to achieve the results you are after.

Kinz L.
Kinz L.asked

Hi,
Im in WA. Do you guys only build house or also help with the purchase of land? I am a first home buyer, Wondering if I have to purchase the land separately and hire a builder to build my house or both can be done together by the builder? Also with the land, can I choose my own or does it have to be the ones offered by the builder? Also the whole interiors and material that goes into the house can be freely chosen by the client or need to stick to options offered by builder? I really don't like the modern Australian homes I come across everyday, I want my house to have more stones and woods included and less glasses and steels that makes the house cheap and unnatural and tacky. I am dreaming of a small two storey house. Thank you.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Kinz, if you are looking to build in WA, I'm sorry, we cannot help you. We only build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

martyn f.asked

Sorry should read Do SJD charge more to build in Wonthaggi

Tav & Sam
Tav & Sam

I don't know mate, but we had to, because we are close to their outer boundaries. Try Leigh Shoebridge from sales, he has a simple sheet that tells you exactly what the premiums are, if there's any at all...good luck

Sue A
Sue A

Yes SJD have metropolitan, region 1 and region 2 pricing, Corinella is Region1 (that’s where we built) I think Wonthaggi fell into Region 2.. I did play around on their website and the pricing with regions was on there in 2018 we then met with Leigh Shoebridge went over the plans, elevations, pricing etc. He is very thorough and patient. Our build went quite smoothly, not overly impressed with the plumber though (has attitude and won’t admit fault - little like Dan Andrews). Build completed inside of time frames & no price shock. Customer Service and site supervisor “great”.. all the best

martyn f.asked

Do and charge more to build in Wonthaggi?

Jen
Jenasked

Is it possible to build a new house in mernda?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Jen, thank you for your enquiry but unfortunately we cannot help you with building a home in Mernda.

Grace M
Grace Masked

Do SJD do house extension?

Rosemary Schaak
Rosemary Schaak

I’m not sure, as that wasn’t something we discussed during my build . It’s certainly worth giving them a call and asking them. I’m so happy with my house

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Grace, no, we do not do extension work.

Sreeja A
Sreeja Aasked

how much time will it take for SDJ homes to build a small house?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hello and thank you for your enquiry. A typical build time for smaller homes is up to six months however this is variable and dependent on many factors.

G Vedha
G Vedha

Sjd is one of the worst builder in Melbourne, look some where else.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Jithendra, our records show that you haven't built a home with us. Feel free to contact us directly if there is something we can help you with or if you'd like to talk about your review.

Jackie F
Jackie Fasked

Hi there,
I purchased a block of land in July. It has been a long time in the making and before I was looking at land I was researching the house I wanted to build and that's how I came across you. The reviews was what first attracted me to you and then when I seen your designs I was sold. I showed my family and friends the plans I liked, I was so excited until..... I a came across “where do we build” ...shattered! You don't build in my area. Nooo!! So my question is do you want plan to expand your building zone? My land is in Doreen.

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi there, thank you for the positive feedback but no, we do not plan on expanding our build area. We wish you luck though with finding the right builder for you.

Lesleyanne
Lesleyanneasked

Hi,
Do you build double storey homes in hallam?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Lesleyanne, yes we do and I believe you have been contacted by one of our consultants

Connie
Connieasked

Hi, do you do a double storeys custom home in Ferntree Gully? Thanks

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hello and thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately at the moment we are not building custom double storey homes.

Raymond N
Raymond Nasked

Hi, Will you do any town houses in Box Hill?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Thank you for your enquiry but we will not be able to assist you with this project.

Narendasked

Hi please we would like to know your display homes as we would like to come and see it.we are interested in building our house in Botanic Ridge Cranebourne? Thanks

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi, you can see all of our display locations on our website

Definitely i will go to your website

Definitely i will go to your website

Cazz
Cazzasked

Hi there,
Do you build in Lilydale 3140?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Cazz, Lilydale is currently out of our build zone but thank you for your enquiry.

Raju
Rajuasked

HI, Do you build in Melton?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi Raju and thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we do not build in Melton.

Jyuohsei
Jyuohseiasked

Hi,
We are building with WSH who have now gone into Administration. We are up to our Completion Stage with a number of defective and incomplete work. Is this something you would be able to provide assistance with?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your problem. This can be a tricky issue and often depends on the insurance company so we suggest you speak to them first as they often have preferred builders and source their own quotes for the completion of works.

Khoa
Khoaasked

Hi there,

Do they do knock down and rebuild at Avondale Heights Victoria?

RebeccaR
RebeccaR

Hi Khoa,
I confess I had to Google map where Avondale Heights is! I believe SJD do knock down and rebuilds, but they are based in South East Victoria and you are North West. Having said that, there is no harm in asking the question, right? So, feel free to give them a call and find out. Bear in mind, if they do agree to build out your way, you will be up for a larger haulage cost (this is the fee of them transporting all of the building supplies to your site). My costs were around $4000, which was an additional fee on top of the overall build cost, and I live in the South East. All builders charge this fee, as I understand it. If they agree and you can factor this into your budget, SJD are worth building with. Hope this helps.
Cheers, Rebecca

Micky B
Micky B

Hi Khao
From previous posts I've read , SJD predominantly build in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.
I hope you have find a builder of this quality your side of town
Cheers
Mick from Tulliallan

jennyb

Hi Khao, I honestly don't know the answer to your question. Contact them directly. Good luck.

MG2013
MG2013asked

Do you build in werribee????

We built our SJD home in Officer

SJD H.SJD Homes

Sorry but SJD only build in the south east corridor

Samps
Sampsasked

looking to build a new custom home in Wantrina South. would you be able to take up?

SJD H.SJD Homes

Hi, they may be able to help - please call 1300 753 466 or email sales@sjdhomes.com.au

Damy
Damyasked

HI, Our house in Greensborough VIC3088 need big renovation to be done now. do you do this kind of work? Thx. Damy

Hi Damy, SJD only do new builds

Mani
Maniasked

do you build in melb north (donybrook)

Sorry Mani, no.