Sleeping Duck Mattress

181 questions from our users

Penne

Penneasked

Mattress

Do you have outlets in Melbourne , that I an lay on, to see if I think it is suitable

StevenW
StevenW

They have a website and I think they do have a location in Melbourne.

Sumpy Dexter

Sumpy Dexterasked

Hey SD.

Im pretty keen to purchase one of your mattresses for the wife and I.
Im pretty heavy (185cm tall and 170kg), and the wife is the opposite (156cm tall and 70-75kg).
What do you recommend, or am I wasting my time.
Im happy to sacrifice my sleep for her comfort.

TIA.

Cheers, Sumpy.

Mo

Moasked

Mattress

We are feeling rather hot with this mattress - should we add a sheepskin cover? We
are concerned with Summer around the corner.

Hi Mo,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We tend to see a spike in heat related questions as the seasons begin to change, as people switch bedding. However there are a few things you can do to help minimise with the heat in the mattress.

From our experience, we wouldn't recommend adding a sheepskin cover as this can be quite thick, which can contribute to the heat in the mattress.

We recommend using light breathable layers all year round. Remove any large and bulky mattress toppers and protectors and opt for a waterproof cover using natural fibres such as Tencel, bamboo and cotton.

Using the correct slatted base will also optimise the airflow through the mattress. Also keeping your room well ventilated, opening windows for as long as possible during the day.

If you find you're still feeling quite warm, please get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

john r.

fred f
fred f

Can you use a phone?

Hi John,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Western Australia, only in Melbourne and Sydney.

We do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses. This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night!
Firmness swaps within your 100 night trial are free of charge, so you can't lose with whichever firmness you choose.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else we can assist with.

Marce

Marceasked

Mattress

Will normal fitted sheets fit on your mattress?

GCC2908
GCC2908

No, the mattress is 30cm high and needs deeper sheets.

Hi Marce,

Thanks for your inquiry!

Our mattress is 31cm in height. We would recommend sheets that are 35cm in depth or more.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com

Bruce Clift .

Bruce Clift .asked

Mattress Medium

How is it made. What is the construction?

Hi Bruce,

Great question!

There are 4 unique layer in the mattress that is designed to work with you by delivering comfort and support.

From the bottom we have 5 zone pocket springs that offer support and work entirely independently to minimise partner disturbance .

On top of that, we have a customisable high density foam which is the layer that controls your firmness and has the GECA seal of approval.

Then on top we have a Hyper-Adaptive foam which is our comfort layer that combines the pressure relieving property of memory foam with the buoyancy of latex. This enhances the feeling of weightlessness and is 8x more breathable than any other foam.

We then use a bamboo top cover that has natural anti-microbial properties that keep it fresher for longer and maximises breathability.

Please get in contact with our team if you have any further questions.

Barry M.

Barry M.asked

Mattress

Can the sleeping duck mattress go on top of a normal base. I dont like a low bed.

Germs
Germs

The mattress is quite high and ours was on top of our normal bedroom suite

Gayle
Gayle

Yes it can. We placed our on top of an existing base with out any issue.

Hi Barry,

The mattress is 31cm in height. For diagrams and descriptions of our bed base requirements, please have a look at the warranty page on the website (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/)

If you're not quite sure, feel free to get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com

HelenSasked

Mattress Medium

I am not sure if I’ve received the correct mattress. I ordered a medium mattress but it feels quite firm. I also ordered the pillows which are very flat. I don’t like them at all and will return them.
What does the medium mattress look like? Is there a label somewhere that says medium? Can’t find anything.

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing troubles with your mattress and pillow.

To determine the firmness, you have the ability to unzip the top cover and see the colours of the foam inside. The Medium will be white and the Firm will be purple.

If you're not quite happy with your firmness after the first few weeks, please get in touch and we will be happy to arrange a firmness swap for you.

Our pillow is a lower profile and sits at 9.5cm. We don't expect this pillow to suit everybody which is why our 100 night guarantee extends to our pillows. In our experience, we have seen the most success with side sleepers on a Medium.

Bothofusasked

Hi Bothofus,

There are a few factors that contribute to the level of sink on your mattress such as size and weight, as everyone is different!

The best way to have a feel if the mattress is right for you is to have a try of our 100 night trial.

If you're not happy with your firmness or level of sink after a few weeks of trying the mattress, we do offer free firmness swaps within the 100 night guarantee in order to ensure you're on the perfect mattress.

The friction on the foams does stop the shifting. We have also made the cover of the mattress slightly smaller, and have created walls on the sides to reinforce no sliding.

Bothofus

Thanks for your answer Could I ask if there is weight restrictions and both my husband and myself to gather are not light and I wonder if it would sink quickly and not last long.

Hi Bothofus,

Our Queen and King sizes can hold two individuals up to a weight of 140kg each.

To have a further look into this, feel free to have a look in our warranty page on our website (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/).

Bothofusasked

Brian Morrison
Brian Morrison

I did not say you sink into it I just said it was comfortable and no the layers do
Not move

Bothofus

I was asking for myself. I’m not sure how I have put this comment in but if it’s attached to yours I didn’t mean that.

Hey Bothofus,

We've answered above for you :)

Karl G.

Karl G.asked

Mattress

How does one communicate with SD? Sent them messages on fb but no response.
Does SD have a retail outlet in Adelaide?

DebM
DebM

Call free number 1800667196
They are located at 13C/663 Victoria Street, Abbotsford, VIC 3067

Glenn Fattur
Glenn Fattur

We visited them in Abbotsford but have also spoken to them on the 1800667196 number

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry you didn't receive a response via Facebook. We do try to get back to our customers as soon as possible. However due to the high volume of queries, we ask our customer to allow one business day for a response.

Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Adelaide, only in Melbourne and Sydney. As we are an online direct to consumer, we also don't have any retailers or stores.

The good news is we do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses! This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please feel free to get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com

Helen Scottasked

Mattress

Hello, how much does it cost to change the insert of the mattress. I previously changed it and have noticed the soft side has a hollow in it compared to the medium side. I initially purchased 2 medium and I swapped it for a soft insert. Thank you

Debra N.
Debra N.

Best to contact Sleeping Duck, direct. They will do everything they can to help you.

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing troubles with your mattress.

All firmness swaps are free within the 100 night guarantee. Firmness swaps outside of this will incur a fee. However we would recommend getting in touch with our team so we can investigate, as it doesn't sound normal for your mattress to develop a hollow.

To get in contact with our team about your mattress, please email us on info@sleepingduck.com

Helen Scott

Thank you I swapped it for medium and I no longer have the hollow issue. It was $150.00 for the new medium foam.

Mariana

Marianaasked

Medium King

How much the price, can have a look to lay down?

HelenS

Check out their website for prices

Hi Mariana,

Thanks for asking!

The price of our King mattress is $1,449 and all other prices can be found on the Sleeping Duck website (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/mattress/).

We do have showrooms in Melbourne if you're in the area to have a try. You can find our opening hours and address here (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/try-us/).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com

Jessica L.asked

Mattress

I read on another forum that after 4 days there is a smell. Has anyone else experienced this? We are looking to get a new mattress and so far sleeping duck has an abundance of good reviews and I’m attracted to the price.

Ingrid
Ingrid

There was a bit of a funny plastic smell to start with but once it was aired and the mattress protector was on, it diminished. I’m a sensitive sniffer so it bothered me when I first got into bed but then I just got used to it, now it’s completely gone.
Hope that helps.

Jessica L.

Thank you, that was very helpful.

Hi Jessica!

Thanks for the enquiry.

A smell during the first few days is perfectly normal. New foams naturally have a smell just like a new car.

The smell isn’t toxic, and will disappear after a week or so. We always recommend our customers to make sure to keep windows open and  clean the sheets used during this period.

Dirk G.

Dirk G.asked

Mattress

We currently have a Sealy King size base ... can we continue to use the same base with your mattress ??

Steve
Steve

You can use any base including slatted so long as the slats are no more than 8 cms apart.

Goodi

Goodiasked

Firm King

Hi I’m looking at buying another mattress Our Madison Grand is 18 mths old and at $3000 and sagging body impressions of 30 to 50mm and to soft. I now have back pain.
If I buy a sleeping duck firm king will it have body impressions after 6 mths and if I don’t like it will I get a full refund. Regards Goodi

Hi Goodi!

Thanks for your queries.

We do provide a 10 year warranty for our mattress.
The warranty covers excessive body imprints only. In the general course of use, if you find the body imprint you have left on the mattress is larger than 30mm deep then we will assess it as a warranty case.

Please note that the warranty can be voided in the case of incorrect bed base use. You can refer to this section on our website on the 'Warranty' page.

All of our mattresses, pillows and sheets come with a 100 night guarantee. The 100 nights start once the item has been delivered. If you find that the mattress firmness isn’t right for you, we can coordinate a change of firmness free of charge. If you don’t love our mattress, pillow or sheets during the 100 nights, let us know within that period, and you can return it to receive a refund of the purchase price. We cover any expenses involved in the return.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Gail

Gailasked

Mattress

Hi. Can you tell us if any of your mattresses are hypo allergenic? Also are there any materials that are made from animal products like wool or feathers? Thanks. Robert

Kaye

Kayeasked

Mattress

If a mattress is returned in the 100 day period, does this include the base?

Irene W
Irene W

There is no base included Kaye. It fits on your own base

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Hi Kaye - our mattress doesn't include a base this is purchased separately. If you have any questions, please feel to e-mail info@sleepingduck.com - thanks! Team S.D

Jcdasked

Mattress Medium

Im having trouble deciding between your mattress and a conventional store one. Both are around the same price. You say your medium feel is a 5.5 for firmness. That isnt exactly firm.You also say you sink into it. By just how much? Also as the layers are not glued together do they not shift and buckle during sleep? I don't want to buy yet ANOTHER mattress that dosen't work for me.(would be my 5th this year) also your delivery service dosen't sound real easy when a person has to work.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Hi JCD, sorry to hear you're having some issues deciding on a new mattress! When purchasing one of our mattresses, we offer medium and a firm option to start with. Our firm option is definitely firm and will support any problem areas for you. If you get a chance, maybe you could come visit one of our showrooms? This way you can test it for yourself. Here is a link to our locations : https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/try-us/ Thanks! Team S.D :)

Jcd

What a rubbishing answer Sleeping Duck. I HATE firm mattresses and was TRYING to assess if the medium would be suitable for my needs. You didn't bother to answer my question about the layers moving possibly. And i guess your not paying to fly me from Perth to Sydney or Melbourne to try your mattress as you suggested. Well you have made my mind up for me. Local bed shop here i come!

Bela
Bela

We have a king size Sleeping Duck in medium and I have to say that there is a hump in the middle of the bed where the foams join. I have been sleeping on it by myself as my husband is away. I am very concerned about the amount the foam is going to move once we start sharing the bed. We still have ours within the return time frame.

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives