6Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress Questions & Answers

Adam B.
Adam B. · Mattress

I’ve been looking at these mattress in a box option for some time. I fractured t12 just over 10 years ago and often get back pain. I’m now sleeping on a single due to poor sleeping with my wife. So I decided to get a new king single as that’s all I could fit in our spare room. I bought a standard ensemble but it’s a firm mattress. And I wake up most morning with sore hips. I sleep on my side as a general rule.

All I wanted was a SD but I keep seeing other brands but can’t decide. That said if I choose a SD am I still better with the medium foam to start

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for asking a question about firmness options Adam! We can certainly understand wanting to make sure you choose the right one to get a comfy snooze.

Our two starting options are Medium and Firm. For side sleepers we usually recommend the Medium to start, as this will provide cushioning for the shoulder and hip areas while in this position.

You’re not locked in if you find this doesn’t work however! We can adjust you firmer or softer, depending on how you find your starting firmness, with customised options available too. All your adjustments are free of charge within your 100 Night Guarantee period, so you can try as many as you need until it’s just right.

You can also return the Mattress for a full refund if unhappy for any reason in your 100 nights too - so there’s nothing to lose!

Hopefully this helps you make the right decision, but you can reach out to our team at info@sleepingduck.com if you have any further questions too.
Sweet dreams!

Anna Aranci · Mattress Firm

Hi there. I've had a Sleeping Duck mattress for a couple of years now and LOVE it. My problem lays in after moving house. Somehow my mattress arrived at my new home with a large hump in the middle of it and I haven't been able to flatten it back out.
Is there anything I can do to flatten my super comfy bed out again?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Anna, Thanks for reaching out, we're thrilled to hear you love your Duck!

Due to the modular design of our Mattress, it's good to note the foam layers can shift when the Mattress is moved.

Rest assured, there's a simple fix to have you feeling comfy again which involves unzipping the Mattress and realigning the foams.

Feel free to reach out to SDHQ directly by following the link below and we can shoot you through a diagram on how to do so.

external link

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Anna Aranci

Thank you so much! I gave it a try and tonight I can sleep comfortably in the middle of my bed again. Glad I thought to ask!

Sleeping Duck   DM

No problems at all Anna! We're glad it was an easy fix, and that it's sound sleeping from now on.

Sweet dreams!

FTC · Mattress Firm Queen

We are relocating to London and currently have and love our sleeping duck mattress. Can a new mattress be sent with our shipment still rolled up? Or do you ship to UK. Cheers.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi there, Thanks for reaching out!

We're so happy to hear that with the new big move, you're not wanting to leave the Sleeping Duck Mattress behind.

At this stage, we aren't able to organise shipping or delivery within the UK. As our Mattress does come rolled within a box you could organise delivery there yourself.

Should you like to proceed with this, feel free to reach out directly if you'd like some further information regarding dimensions or delivery in Aus.

FTC

Thank you for your prompt reply. If I sent a SD mattress in my consignment, would it be ok vacuum sealed for the three months it take to ship? Cheers, FTC

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for your question, FTC! Based on the testing we did, we usually recommend keeping the Mattress vacuum-sealed and rolled for up to 1 month. If you keep it boxed for longer, we just can't guarantee the performance of the spring set.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions!

Julie M.
Julie M. · Mattress

I love how comfortable our Sleeping Duck mattress is but I'm finding it too hot. I wake up very early in the morning because it feels like I'm lying on an electric blanket. Is there anything you can recommend to help me? Thanks, Julie

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for reaching out, Julie! We're sorry to hear that you're finding the Mattress quite hot but we have a few suggestions that could help.

If you are currently using a mattress protector, we suggest trying to sleep on the Mattress without the protector, as this can limit the airflow and make it feel warmer.

Another suggestion would be to try out some more breathable sheets. We generally suggest using Tencel, or bamboo sheets, as they are a lot lighter.

Finally, sleeping on a firmer foam can help with minimising heat as well, as you are sinking less into the foam itself. You can reach out to our team if you'd like to make any firmness adjustments.

We hope these suggestions help. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!

better sleeper · Mattress

In a previous response you mentioned being able to purchase new "Foam Pads, or a new AntiGravity Layer". Can you please explain the difference? Thank you

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi better sleeper, We can help with that!

We have two foam layers in our Mattress, both crafted of our signature AirGrown foam.

Our AntiGravity Layer is the initial comfort layer of our Mattress. It'll give you that sweet 'ahhh' feeling when you hit the hay!

Our Precision Foam Pads refer to the layer which allows you to adjust your comfort. This is currently available in Soft, Medium, Firm, Extra Firm and our Segmented Layout (for sizes Queen to Super King).

You can learn more about each component on our website below.
external link

If you were looking to purchase any replacements, you can simply sing out to our friendly team at info@sleepingduck.com for further information too.

We're here for any questions!

Great! Thank you SDHQ!

Sleeping Duck   DM

Our absolute pleasure! Sing out if you have any other questions, we're here to help.

Alex M.
Alex M. · Mattress

Can anyone recommend a mattress protector for the sleeping duck. I want to make sure that when I purchase it keeps the mattress protected for as long as possible.

Wildwoman
Wildwoman

Hi Alex M,
I have a number of terrific mattress protectors but my favourite has this exact wording on the tag:-
"Made by PROTECT•A•BED".
It's waterproof but has a soft cotton feel & it's machine washable. I'm sorry but I can't remember where I bought this one but whichever type you choose won't be cheap but all of mine have lasted so long I can no longer read the printing on the label's.
Any reputable brand, which I've always used over the years, yep I'm in my late sixties, so I've tried multiple brands, would be what you're looking for.
Good luck.
Cheers Wildwoman

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Alex, Although you can use any additional protectors with the Sleeping Duck Mattress, additional layers aren't something that we necessarily recommend.

Our Mattress comes with its very own BreatheTech Cover, which acts as a protector. It can be unzipped and washed, with the option to purchase a spare or waterproof version.

external link

Let us know if you have any further questions that we can help out with, we'd be happy to help!

mortlipp

How often should I wash the BreatheTech cover if I am not using an additional mattress protector?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Great question, mortlipp! We recommend giving your BreatheTech Cover a wash every 3 months. You can machine wash it on a warm cycle, and line dry or tumble dry on a cool setting. Just ensure it’s completely dry before putting it back on your Mattress!

Sing out if you have any other questions!

Erika K.
Erika K. · Mattress Half-Half King

Everything about this mattress sounds amazing. We are looking for a new bed due to partner disturbance. I am a very light sleeper and my hubby likes to move around and shake his feet while he’s sleeping, causing the bed to move and vibrate and waking me lots. Does anyone have any specific experience with the SD half half king mattress and indestructible bed base resolving partner disturbance?

The 100 day guarantee on the mattress is great, but that is not offered on the base, and we feel that our old slat frame and inner spring king mattress may be equal contributors to the partner distance issue. We don’t think we could effectively test the SD mattress on our current frame. Our other option is two separate sing single mattresses and bases (which unfortunately SD don’t offer). Bit worried about getting stuck with an expensive king base that we don’t need.
Will this bed save our marriage (joking- mostly lol!!)

Thanks in advance!

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Erika, We're excited you're interested in the Duck! You've certainly come to the right place for a good night's sleep.

We understand your concerns with partner disturbance! Luckily we get incredible feedback that no matter which firmness level you have across your Mattress, there is a minimal effect on your sleep from a partner who moves during the night.

This is mainly due to the MotherBoard Spring System, which has been designed with individual pocket springs that work independently to minimise partner disturbance. These springs compress individually in response to weight and move with you instead of moving as one during the night.

The top layer of AntiGravity Foam also ensures an even and consistent surface and locks in your firmness Foam Pads, even if there are two different firmness levels across the Mattress.

Our SD Indestruct Bed is also designed to suit the Sleeping Duck Mattress perfectly, and provide a firm and flat surface for it to be evenly supported. This helps to reduce partner disturbance even further, with minimal movement of the Mattress at night.

While the SD Bed is not covered by our 100 Night Guarantee as mentioned, you can always reach out to our team at info@sleepingduck.com for any further advice as well!

We hope this helps, sing out if you have any other questions.

Erika K.
Erika K. · Mattress Half-Half King

Hi there. Everything about this bed sounds excellent. We are in the market for a new bed due to partner disturbance. I’m am extremely light sleeper and my hubby likes to move around a bit and shake his feet while he sleeps, causing our current bed to vibrate and wake me lots. Our current bed is inner spring mattress on a slat base that could def use replacing.
We are looking at half half king, with the indistruct bed base. The 100 day return on the mattress is awesome, and gives me confidence, but that is not offered for the base (and I believe the frame movement is part of the problem and also needs replacing to properly test the SD mattress for partner disturbance). Bit worried about being stuck with an expensive king base that we can’t use if SD mattress isn’t for us and we go down the route of two king singles side by side (unfortunately not offered by SD).

Anyone have any specific experience regarding SD king mattress and base and partner disturbance? Will this bed save our couple-sleeping sanity? Joking (mostly) lol!!
Thanks in advance

Sleeping Duck   DM

We hope this helps, sing out if you have any other questions.

RoB
RoB · Mattress

Is it possible to trade in a sleeping duck king mattress & base for a sleeping duck queen size mattress & base?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for asking, Rob! Exchanges aren't something we typically offer. If you haven't already had the chance we would recommend reaching out to our SDHQ team directly on 1800 667 196 or at info@sleepingduck.com to chat further about this.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Daniel F. · Mattress Firm

Hi, I’ve been using a sleeping duck king (med) for over two years….love it, best bed ever slept in. Question- if I need to replace the foam topper/ inside the blue zip case. Can I buy this separately??

Daniel F.

Antigravity foam topper, is it available separately?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Daniel, thanks for reaching out with your question! If you would like to purchase some new firmness Foam Pads, or a new AntiGravity Layer for your Mattress, we can get that organised for you. These are currently available for purchase over the phone via credit card, so just give our team a call on 1800 667 196, and we can get that sorted out.

We hope this helps, sing out with any further questions too!

Daniel F.

Thank you I have already ordered one using this same 1800 number. Easy over the phone service, my order completed. Thanks for the reply

Sleeping Duck   DM

That's great to hear Daniel! We're happy ordering was a breeze, and that our team could get it all organised for you.

We hope your new foams are perfect, happy sleeping!

Lesley G
Lesley G · Mattress

Do you have a mattress protector for our queen sized sleeping duck mattress?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Great question, Lesley! One of our favourite Mattress features is the BreatheTech Cover, which acts as its very own mattress protector.

This can be unzipped and washed, helping to ensure a clean sleeping surface without any additional layers.

With the option to buy a spare or waterproof version, we've got all bases covered.

Feel free to check out more here:
external link

Our team are here to help should any further questions come to mind!

SV A.
SV A. · Mattress Firm King

Hi there. I have a king mattress which I absolutely love. However we have just moved and now there’s a big lump right down the middle. Any tips on how we can remove it? Thanks Markus

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi SV A., Great news, this is a super easy fix!

As our Duck is a modular design, it's not uncommon for the foam to shift inside as you move your Duck to your new home.

To get things realigned, all you need to do is unzip your BreatheTech Cover and shift the foam lying beneath so it's sitting flush on your Spring Set.

If you haven't already, we'd suggest singing out to info@sleepingduck.com, as we have a nifty diagram to show these instructions.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Ian W
Ian W · Mattress Medium King Single

would you recommend using an electric blanket on the Mach 11 mattress ?

Emy Lou
Emy Lou

I have never used an electric blanket on ours so couldn’t tell you. Good luck and hope you stay warm!

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Ian, Thanks for the question!

You can absolutely use an electric blanket on our Mattress for those colder nights. Find more on our suggestions here:

external link

Let us know if any other questions come to mind!

Jill H
Jill H · Mattress Medium King

Hi,
We’ve had our medium duck for 2 1/2 weeks now. I get up in the morning with a very stiff, sore back, so I don’t know whether it’s too hard or too soft. Where do I go from here? I bought it in the hope it would improve my back but it has made it a lot worse. Can you give me some advice please.
Regards,
Jill

Timbo
Timbo

I’d reach out to SD and ask their advice, they provide excellent customer service
When I get a sore back I head to my phsyo who treats the acuteness and provides mobility exercises to get the region working better. This works for me

Catherine Hargreaves
Catherine Hargreaves

Hi Jill. What firmness of mattress did you get? I have the medium, which is perfect for me. My brother started with the firm and changed it for the medium and was much happier. He said the firm was brutal.

Sleeping Duck   DM

We're here to help, Jill! Although everyone's preference may differ, we do have some suggestions that will hopefully have you sleeping comfortably.

With that in mind, feel free to give us a call on 1800 667 196 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm AEST) as the team would love to discuss.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Suzanne N.
Suzanne N. · Mattress

Can I buy just the top layer of foam

Geoff F 761499
Geoff F 761499

Dunno, but remember foam is hot to sleep on.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for reaching out!

The good news is you can absolutely purchase replacement foams, all thanks to the Duck's modular design.

If you'd like more information on compatibility, pricing, along with how to purchase, feel free to give us a call on 1800 667 196 (Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm AEST).

Foams by nature do retain heat, which is why we've opted for an AirGrown polyurethane foam designed to be 8x more breathable than traditional foams.

With that in mind, foams purchased separately to the Mattress are non-refundable.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Ann q
Ann q

Can you rotate and flip these mattresses?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Whilst you can definitely rotate our Mattress 180 degrees, it's best not to flip, Ann!

This is something we recommend doing once per month for the first six months, then every three months afterwards to promote an even surface.

Sing out if we can help with anything else!

mortlipp

We've had our QS SD medium mattress for 3 years now and despite rotating the mattress once a month for the first 6 months and every 3 months since then we have a noticeable bump down the middle of the bed. I liked the medium initially but now, well after the 100 days free exchange period I am wondering if the firm might be better for me as I feel I am sinking into the bed. However, is it too late to purchase the firm layer given we have had the top layer now for 3 years? I would also like to use my mini jumbuck woollen underlay on the mattress but it seemed this was not recommended and I also wonder if it might make the bed softer and lead to sore backs.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Cheers for dropping in with the questions, Mortlipp! It sure sounds like you've been taking great care of your Sleeping Duck Mattress. Being only a few years old we wouldn't expect there to be any 'bumps' down the centre.

By the sounds of it, your internal foams may have shifted. It's a quick and easy fix and nothing to be to stressed about.
You'll just need to unzip your top cover, roll off the top foam and realign your firmness foams.

We don't usually recommend adding extra layers to your Mattress as it can reduce the breathability and affect the overall feel of the sleep surface.

However, the great thing about your Sleeping Duck Mattress is that the firmness can always be changed at any point in it's lifespan. This is super handy if your body or preferences ever change.

Feel free to reach out directly to our SDHQ team on 1800 667 196 or at info@sleepingduck.com if you'd like to change the firmness of your Sleeping Duck Mattress or are looking for further advice on how to get back to a comfy snooze. - Looking forward to hearing from you!

Zzz,

mortlipp

I've tried the woollen underlay on the SD mattress and whilst yes, it does change the feel of the sleep surface for me it seems to improve the feel of the mattress and it is cooler than being directly on the bamboo cover on the actual mattress. Not sure how breathability could be affected by a wool underlay on top of the mattress?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Mortlipp, Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We generally find woollen materials to restrict and maintain heat around the body, as the additional layer and material type can limit the amount of airflow underneath you.

While we generally find coolness achieved by removing this layer with the majority of our sleepers, it's hard for us to speak on the breathability of other manufacturers and their underlay designs.

We're glad to hear that you've found a combination that works for you! Should you still wish to make any future changes, feel free to reach out to us directly.

julieaamor · Mattress Medium Queen

Will a delivery bring inside and hopefully upstairs?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Julie, Thanks for your interest!

It does sound like our in-home Premium service may be what you're after. Our delivery options can vary according to your area.

To check if Premium is available in your area, you can find this out on the Mattress page of our website: external link

You can reach out directly to our team as well if you'd like us to look into whether Premium is an option we can provide to you.

Let us know if there's anything further that we can help with!

julieaamor

What is the charge for the premium service?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for the reply, Julie - it looks like you've now been in touch with our team directly, who is helping out with your enquiry.

Let us know if any further questions come to mind!

julieaamor · Mattress Half-Half Queen

Does the mattress get delivered to inside the house.
We are in 70s and bedroom upstairs…. 52 kgs is a bit heavy for us.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Julie, Thanks for the comment!

We have a Premium service available in some metro areas to help out with bringing the Mattress inside and upstairs.

You can use the Mattress page on our website to see if this is available in your area: external link

Otherwise, feel free to reach out to the team directly for us to look into for you.

Don't hesitate to let us know how we can help!

J A.
J A. · Mattress

Is the mattress heavy to lift to carry upstairs and make the bed. An old mattress we had became too
heavy with 50cm walls and a built in topper so changing sheets was an exhausting chore.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi JA, Thanks for reaching out with this question!

Due to the hybrid design of the Mattress with both springs and foam, they can be on the heavier side. As such, we do usually recommend having a helping hand when changing sheets if needed.

Some customers have also purchased handy lifter tools online, and found them very useful in lifting and changing sheets.

Your Duck also comes with our 100 Night Guarantee however, so you can always return it in this period if it's not working. You can find out more here - external link

We hope this helps, feel free to quack back with any other questions!

Joanne · Mattress

I noticed by reviews that the mattresses retain heat. Does this imply they are not an ideal mattress for someone who is a hot sleeper, who often wakes up middle of the night sweating.

Shebri11
Shebri11

I too get very hot. I always throw covers off during the night and this was with my old mattress, so the Sleeping Duck is no different. I find it does not hold heat. Hope this answers your question.

Joanne

Thank you for your reply and your experience with the SD.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Joanne, Great question - a cool night's sleep is so important!

We've crafted our Mattress with this in mind, which all starts with our spring system allowing maximum airflow throughout the Mattress.

While foams tend to retain heat by nature, we've done our best to alleviate this through a process called pressure expansion. This means we've created foams for the Duck which are eight times more open than standard foams on the market.

If you tend to sleep warmer, we’d recommend starting with our Firm option and seeing how you go. The best part is, you'll have our nifty 100 Night Guarantee to give it all a try and find if the comfort is right for you.

We do have a few tips for promoting a cool night too, so if you do find yourself on the warmer side, just call out to our friendly SDHQ team!

Warm regards,

Lyn P.
Lyn P. · Mattress

Can you turn a sleeping mattress over

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Lyn, Thanks for reaching out!

Due to the Mattress' hybrid design, it's unable to be flipped over. To do so, would have you sleeping on the springs rather than our comfort foams.

For Mattress care, we instead recommend rotating it to help ensure an even surface.

You can check out more of our recommendations here: external link

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sleeping Duck Mattress

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Sleeping Duck Mattress is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2017.

Visit Official Website