Sumo Electricity
Part of Sumo Energy 3.4

Sumo Electricity Questions & Answers

Kobus v.
Kobus v. · Electricity

How can I get SUMO to actually read my meter that has never been read and their estimated usage is more than 3MWh more than my actual reading.

OAW
OAW · Electricity

I have tried calling Sumo to cancel my account due to moving and going with another provider. Been on hold for over an hour and a half on all days multiple times so have hung up. Been next caller in que for over an hour. Cannot seem to talk to anyone and the general query option, they refuse to assist.

Miranda P.
Miranda P. · Electricity

The last three days I have been trying to get in touch with sumo to have my utilities disconected as I am moving but after spending a total of 3 hours on hold the past three days I am out of idears on how to proceed can anyone possibly point me in the right direction

Frances · Electricity

Does Sumo Energy have a referral program?

bigted19
bigted19

Yes, it does. From memory, $50 for a referral.

Frances

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Frances

Found the referral link on their website:

Frances

Apart from phone number, can I contact Sumo by email or live chat?

Peter · Electricity

I have emailed a detailed account of errors that have been made with my electricity bills since I joined Sumo in September last year. I hope someone does something about the constant mistakes with these bills, thank you, Peter.(I am frustrated at the number of phone calls to Sumo I have had to make).

jojo

It's just frustrating especially when we are loyal and long-term customers, they don't give us the time of day!
To be honest Peter, enough is enough and I have now changed both Elec & Gas from SUMO to Origin Energy after comparing my bills with hers and the cost per kW/usage was up to 40c per kW in my favor which is a considerable amount of money per year! Good luck having SUMO re-assess or resolve the issues that you have encountered, i hope it works out in your favour by them doing the right thing by their Customer, cheers jojo

Peter

I live in hope jojo, no response as yet!

jojo

Hi Peter, any news? I wanted to add some details about SUMO Elec as since changing to another provider "the proof is in the pudding" so to speak and wanted to share this information for everyone to read as I can back it up on paper after receiving my first month's bill from my new provider!
SUMO ELEC - Aug to Sept 2021 - 20.75 kWh usage - $161.52
NEW COMPANY - Aug to Sept 2022 - 20.52 kWh usage - $127.53
That's a difference of $33.99 for one month, same time last year with no change to my Household as you can see by my usage!
Add that up for one year, that's a significant difference and after looking into this issue I now feel totally cheated and ripped off, especially, considering what we have all endured over this past year.
Good Luck Peter and all the best, cheers jojo

Peter

Hi Jojo, no response but I did ring (again) and was told the mistake would be rectified (have heard that before) and thank you for that information. I will complete one year with Sumo at the end of this month and have received varied credits, but to be fair my total cost for the 9.5 months (what I would have paid without those credits) was $460.56. Yes, I do have 21 Solar Panels. Sumo have at last got my Concessions right so I will see how I end up for the complete year. I take your point regarding Origin but all I see with them is a calculation of $1800 a year, far more than I am paying. Thank you for your interest, Peter.

bodo
bodo · Electricity

Does one get "pay on time" rebate on Sumo Freedom in Victoria ?
If yes, how many % ?

Sumo
Sumo   DM

Good afternoon, please note Sumo offers are very competitive low base rate through Freedom. These rates may be in fact cheaper than the Pay On Time discount plan. If you would like to call the Sumo Service Team on 133 88 60 - we can organise a bill comparison for you. Regards, SUMO 13 88 60

Anne I.
Anne I. · Electricity

I'd like to know why we received a bill 6007069 account,from sumo. When we change to another electricity company on the 16th of may 2022. Patricia ings 10 heron close coomera 4209.

beebeegee
beebeegee

You would best pose the question to Sumo *and* your state regulator rather than post it on a 3rd party internet forum that has no relationship to and is not actively monitored by Sumo that I can tell - although seems it once was. FWIW a switch only happens after 'the next meter read after transfer' and the related bill if that helps you understand what might be happening.

Michael W.
Michael W. · Electricity

Contacted by sumo apparently about a electricity rebate is this true or a scam

Sofia
Sofia · Electricity

I need to contact Sumo customer services. Do you have any email address that I can refer to as I am currently overseas? Thank you.

Simon F · Electricity

I'm a prospective Sumo energy customer and struggle on the telephone. Does Sumo support email or online chat? They only advertise telephone numbers :-(

Sumo
Sumo   DM

Good Morning Simon, Firstly I would like to apologise for the delay in responding to your enquiry. We certainly do have webchat available on our website just follow the link and enter your postcode to get started! Here is the link: external link  This will also let you complete an entirely online sign-up for your energy needs!
In addition to this, you can submit an enquiry via the update my details webform here external link
If there is anything further I can help with please don't hesitate to reach out. Warm Regards, Georgia @ Sumo

Gay S.
Gay S.

THEY DONT GET BACK TO YOU EITHER WAY.
EVEN THE COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT DOESNT RETURN YOUR MANY CALLS.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY

Simon F

I was very happy to have been rejected by them and having found Powerclub. Brilliant throughout :-)

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sumo Electricity

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now