The Athlete's Foot Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by The Athlete's Foot

10 questions from our users

kathy
kathyasked

Hi my name Kathy I buy Ascent Avara Womens blank shoes all the time can you tell me why I never get a discount or the shoes are never on sale

Julie
Julieasked

If the shoes I buy in store for my husband don't fit, can they be refunded at any of your stores. Our local store doesn't stock what I want to buy.

Kiesha
Kieshaasked

I brought a pair of shoes at the store, that were on sale. Once i tried them both on at home i realized one fit better than the other. Bc they were on sale i could obly exchange and ended up getting a pair and paying the difference but these dont fit well either.. Is it possible to take the new ones back for a full refund?

Jessie Louise T.
Jessie Louise T.

The reason for your problem is because one foot maybe bigger than the other, your bigger foot should have a finger nail room between your longest toe & the shoe . otherwise you will have sore feet by the end of an activity.

Fraukeasked

If your $229.95 shoes don't even last 3 months , what can you do? can you take them back? I haven't used them often and they are falling apart

Pam Deacon
Pam Deacon

Take them back and usually they will give you a new pair. Depending on the brand.

Frauke

Thank you!! I took my shoes back after 3 months, as they were wearing out quicker than I thought for such a pricey shoe. They were so helpful at Castle Hill. Robin identified the problem and helped me choose a shoe that was a better fit for me. They replaced them with a better pair and had to just pay the $30 difference. Thank you and I will definetely come back and recommend you to friends etc

Raymond Abi-fares
Raymond Abi-faresasked

I bought a pair of brooks beast earlier this year from athletes foot, they are start to come apart at between the material and sole, since I paid full price (not cheap), I would have expected to get at least a year out of them. Am I able to get an exchange for another pair?

brian

Usually they make them to be free from faults but it would depend on how long brooks have warranty on their shoes / as long as you didn't treat them too rough they should either send them away for repairs or you could chose to have them replaced by another pair of shoes to similar value

tracy.kesbypietsch
tracy.kesbypietschasked

Hi, I bought a pair of Brookes in January and the soul is starting to come off, tripping me up a few times. Can I get an exchange for my shoes, they are only 2 months old.
Tracy

brian

They will not exchange shoes in have tried though there is no harm in talking to the manager or you could try contacting brookes if you like / usually cheap Chinese goods wreck up quickly / also if they got water on them the glue can easily wreck up

janeseten
janesetenasked

I bought my 9 year old daughter a pair of netburners in January. She wears them twice a week and now in August the sole is coming away. I didn't expect that from an expensive pair of shoes. Is there anything I can do about that? I was hoping they would last the year out but unfortunately they haven't.

Jane

Mathew Ferguson
Mathew Ferguson

There is an expectation that certain products will last their standard time. A bookcase would be expected to last for years and if it crumbles at the two-year point then you can return it. As for shoes -- can't really say. Seven months of use on a pair of shoes isn't very long. I suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8BB-ioNRw -- your return/refund rights by the guys at the Checkout.

In any case, you may be able to go back for a replacement. I'd suggest contacting consumer affairs in your state and if you don't get anywhere in the store, write to their head office laying out the facts.

Jennifer Cotman
Jennifer Cotmanasked

Hi Athletes foot, I purchased a pair of your latest black school shoes by Blue Haven for my son on 20Jan 2014, they were $79.95, and he has worn them less than 2mths or since school started back. They have considerable degeneration on the heel and am worried they maybe rotten, also when you look closely it looks like the rest of the sole is trying to lift off which is not what I would expect from any pair of shoes in such a short period. The rest of the shoe is in near perfect condition. I have the Receipt of purchase, but don't have the Original box. What can I expect if I was to return to my local store of purchase? I have been a loyal customer for many years

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for the question. Definitely fine to head back into store for the team to assess - it does sound like a quality issue. Can you email us at digital@taf.com.au what store (and when you would like to return) and we will just touch base with the team so they know to expect you :) Cheers!

Liam Tanzer
Liam Tanzerasked

Hi,

I am a massive Asics fan, and I was hoping you would consider shipping internationally? I recently came across the Lethal Trigeor gel 7's boot. I am a size 12US. I live in Toronto, Canada, and I can't find these boots anywhere but Australia. I hope to here from you!

Hi Liam,
Thanks for the question! Unfortunately we don't ship internationally, but Asics directly might. If you email their head office in Sydney, they may be able to help you out. http://www.asics.com.au/contact-us

Bail612
Bail612asked

Does anyone know if Athletes Foot staff receive better incentives for pushing and selling Brooks shoes over different brands? I am sick of having Brooks shoved down my throat when I go in, even when I have explained that I gave been very unhappy with them. I actually asked about it today and the sales assistant was VERY elusive. Now I find myself wondering if I am actually getting expert advice when I go there or just another sales push for a particular brand.

The Athletes Foot A.The Athlete's Foot

Thanks for the question. Brooks is one of our top selling brands - but we don't have long standing incentives for any brands over others. Our staff are passionate about finding the right fit for each and every person - we sell over 50 brands nation wide for that across over 14 categories.

However, we are interested to know more about what store this was, when you visited etc, so we can address the issue. If you can email us at digital@taf.com.au with a few extra details, we'll be addressing it.

Cheers,