Lumo Energy Questions & Answers

Verifiedlumoenergy.com.au
Mvagusta S.
Mvagusta S.

what are my Peak times & my off peak times
I am in Victoria my plan is basic 2 rate and my post code is 3840.
Thankyou

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Mvagusta, Thank you for responding.

I can certainly check your account to see what your Peak and Off Peak times are?

I have sent you a direct message so we can discuss further.

Hope to speak to you soon!

Margaret R.
Margaret R.

How can my electricity and gas bills be so high when I haven't been living in the house?
My bills have not reduced at all

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Margaret, Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

At Lumo Energy we take our customers' feedback very seriously. I would really like to help resolve this issue for you and to escalate it to the correct department.

I can definitely understand your frustration in receiving a higher than expected bill.I would be more than happy to assist you further, however I do not have your details based on your name or review alone.

Can you please send us a private message with your full name, DOB and address so I can look into this matter for you.

Kindest Regards,

Letty

Ian L

Hi,I have changed to a different retailer but I still have a substantial solar credit [FIT] with Lumo.How do I obtain this credit.Thankyou.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Ian, Thank you for contacting us regarding your refund, I hope you are having a nice day!

I would be more than happy to look into this further for you however I do not have your details based on your review alone. Can you please send us a message with your full name, D.o.B and address.

Thank you!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Ian L

Thankyou for your reply Leticia,my full name is Ian Raymond Leeson,Acc No is 7742913 and my NMI is 63053819456.Thanks.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Ian, Thanks for confirming your details.

To organise a refund of your credit we will need you to send through your bank account details. If you are not comfortable doing this via Product Review chat you can contact us on the below details and a team member will be happy to help.

Your refund will be processed by our Payments Team and appear in your account in approximately 3-5 business days.

Alternatively, you can send us a DM on Facebook with your details or feel free to email your query to info@lumoenergy.com.au , with the subject of the email addressed to the “Social Media and Reviews Team”, and a member of our team will be happy to assist you further.

Bernhard W.
Bernhard W.

I have 2 accounts with Lumo. Gas and Electricity, but I cannot get into my electricity account. There is no place on the website that allows switching account number. Please help.
Bernie

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Bernhard, Thanks for taking the time to reach out to Lumo Energy!

I would be more than happy to look into this further for you however I do not have your details based on your comment. Can you please reply to this message with your full name, DOB and address so we assist you further.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Bernhard, Thanks for responding.

I have sent you a private message to discuss this further.

Lumo Energy's Social Media & Reviews Team

Brittny B.
Brittny B.

Does LUMO provide a single invoice for each energy bill?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Brittny, Thanks for messaging Lumo Energy!

We offer monthly and quarterly billing for our customers!

I can certainly look into your account to check what you are on. To do this I will need to pass privacy with you by getting your Full name, DOB & Address.

Debbie
Debbie

Why did I get charged $1260 for my quarterly electricity bill then $188 for the following quarterly bill

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Debbie, Thank you for reaching out.

From the sounds of it the first bill may have been an estimated bill.

However without knowing the specifics of why, it is hard for us to comment

I can certainly look into your account to see.

To do this, I will need to pass privacy with you by getting your Full name, DOB & Address.

If you are not comfortable with providing these details over this platform, please do not hesitate to email us info@lumoenergy.com.au to discuss the matter further and we'd happily assist you there.

I look forward to assisting you further.

ji d
ji d

In lumo electricty bill where is meter number?

Hi ji d · Thanks for reaching out to Lumo

You can find your NMI and meter numbers on the second page of your bill under Current transactions section.

If you are still having issues locating the numbers required, please feel free to call s on 1300 115 866, or email info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT). If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Kumudu J.
Kumudu J.

What is meant by CLpk, CLsh & CLop in the electricity bill?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Kumudu Thank you for reaching out and asking this question.

CLpk = Peak
CLsh = Shoulder
CLop = Off Peak.

Peak: The price of electricity is higher during the ‘peak’ times, typically on weekday afternoons and evenings, when the demand for electricity is the highest.

Shoulder: The price of electricity is lower than the peak rate and higher than the off-peak rate.

Off-peak: The price of electricity is lowest when the demand for electricity is the lowest.

Emma
Emma

I am overseas and I need to pay the bill. The website doesn't open overseas, what should I do?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Emma, Thank you for reaching out!

To make a payment overseas, we have a few options.

1) If you want to pay via credit card you will need to call +613 9976 6803. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT)

2) On each bill are Bpay details. If you have access to you banks website you can pay via Bpay. If you do not have these details please email info@lumoenergy.com.au. We can email the details to you.

3) If you are wanting to pay via a bank account and are happy to share you bank details via email you can email info@lumoenergy.com.au.

I hope this information helps.

If you have any other questions please feel free to call us on 1300 115 866, or email info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT). If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Louisa C.
Louisa C.

I was told my Lumo that they would be turning my electricity on in my new property anywhere between 7am and midnight. I even called up in the morning to make sure someone will definitely be turning it on on this day - the woman on the phone ensured me it would be. My partner waited at home all day and stayed up until midnight to ensure he could let the workers in to the meter box - nobody arrived. Another whole day without electricity.
Thanks Lumo. Another whole day with no electricity. I will not be using Lumo again.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Louisa, Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your concerns.

We apologise for your experience with us as this is definitely not the impression we want to give our customers.

We would encourage you to get in touch with us in order to investigate this further and provide the appropriate feedback where required.

I would be more than happy to look into this further for you however I do not have your details based on your question alone. Can you please confirm your full name, D.o.B and address and I will investigate this for you.

Thank you!

We look forward to hearing from you.

Alberto R.
Alberto R.

Dear Sirs:

I am Alberto Rheinen, Industrial engineer.
I represent a company that built 2Mw and 6Mw electricity generators that uses no fossil fuel.
They work 24/7. Ideal for far away places.
I want to send information about this generators to the manager in charge of new projects or innovation.
Please send me the name and E-Mail address so that I can send him this information.

Thanking you in advance
Best regards
Alberto Rheinen
[Email Removed]

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Alberto! Thanks for reaching out.

Our email address is info@lumoenergy.com.au

Have a great day.

Jovita D.
Jovita D.

Hi, I wanted to check how lonmg it takes to receive an electricity bill? I have received and paid for the energy bill but havent got an electricity bill in the last 3 months. I have tried calling your customer service number and each time I have literally been on hold for an hour! I dont want to suffer an enormously huge bill and therefore would like to please have a response. I have also emailed you at info@lumoenergy.com.au

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Jovita, We appreciate your feedback and review.

Solving our customer's problems is really important to us, so sometimes it takes a little bit of time to do that. We don't like making you wait, but also don't like rushing you once we have you on the line. You may be aware that there has been extensive media coverage of the energy industry over recent weeks on pricing, various government rebates and regulatory intervention. All of these issues have increased call volumes significantly.

We apologise if you've had trouble getting through.

If you are a Lumo customer you can view and access your bills and much more in MyAccount. Thanks for your understanding.

Can you please send us a private message so I can address your concern?

Brian
Brian

I was on the very verge of switching to Lumo because of better price, until thankfully I read these reviews. Terrible service from call centre in India and inability to speak fluent English is the very thing I cannot tolerate. I've experienced this before with other companies. Why do large Australian companies use these cheap and incompetent services? Surely the savings made are outweighed by the damage caused. Thank you, Product Review. and reviewers. Alerted me just in time. I'll pay a little more for Australian service.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Brian, We appreciate your feedback and review.

I can confirm that Lumo Energy is 100% Australian owned as we are owned by Snowy Hydro. Our head office is in Melbourne, Victoria but we do have a call centre in Mumbai. This call centre was already operational before Snowy Hydro acquired Lumo Energy in 2014.

We’ve won a few awards and we’re pretty excited about it. Over the past 10 years Canstar Blue, Roy Morgan and Australian Reader’s Digest have given our service a thumbs up.

Jenny D.
Jenny D.

Hi, what is your billing frequency, is it available monthly of just quarterly? I can’t seem to find the answer on your website

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Jenny, Thank you for your question!

Typically electricity billing cycles are quarterly however if you do have a smart meter you can request for a monthly billing cycle.

Please send us a private message and more than happy to chekc for you.

Lauren
Lauren

I have just changed over to Lumo today for electricity, do I need to do anything with my previous provider or do you take care of taking over from them?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Lauren, Thank you for your question and supporting Lumo Energy!

I can confirm that you do not need to contact your previous retailer.

Once the transfer to Lumo Energy completes you should receive your final bill from the previous retailer shortly.

GXH
GXH

Is the price really going to lock till August 2023 as it said on the website? really attractive if it is going to lock at the current price for a year.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello! That is correct! We have fixed rate plans until August 31 2023 for Victoria.

Please send us a private message with your details if you are interested in a quote.

Alternatively, please call us on 1300 115 866, or email info@lumoenergy.com.au. Our team is available between 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday - Friday and 8:00am - 5:00pm Saturday (AEST/AEDT). If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Kristen M.
Kristen M.

Hi I joined and it's saying in my account in progress for the connection of gas and electricity... How long will it take ?

Louise V
Louise V

Hi Kristen. I am a former customer of Lumo and for some bizzare reason I received your email , as I have others. This is clearly breach of confidentiality., which is why I moved provider Regards Louise

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Louise, I hope you are well. You are receiving Lumo Product Review emails as you have previously left a review for Lumo on Product Review which is a public site.

This is a Product Review feature and you should be able to turn the emails off in your account settings.

I hope this helps.

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Kristen, I have sent you a private message so I can look into this further for you.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Peter
Peter

I was shocked with my last gas bill, previous one was $ 340.00, most recent one was $ 816.00
I have never received so high gas bill in my life
I am nit sure why?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Peter, I am sorry to hear about your experience with Lumo, this is what not what we want to for our customers. We take reviews like this very seriously, however I do not have your account details based on your review alone.

Can you please send us a message with your details and I will be more than happy to have a look at your account and further investigate this for you

I hope to hear from you soon!

Rowan mackenzie
Rowan mackenzie

We are moving this thursday 23/6/22 i rang to get electricity & gas disconnected but not sure what day I arranged this for

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Rowan, I have sent you a private message.

Hope to hear from you soon!

shani
shani

what isSolar Generation statement period

Lumo Energy   DM

Hello Shani, Can I please ask for some more context? Your solar generation period is the same as your billing period which is on your bill.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Rebecca K.
Rebecca K.

New customer here, theres no help or FAQ section on Lumo’s website to find an answer to this question so here I am, how do you find out how often you will be billed for gas and elec?

Lumo Energy   DM

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for getting in touch with us, I hope that you’re having a wonderful day!

It depends on which state you are in and whether or not you have a smart meter. If you have a smart meter for electricity, you have the option of monthly billing. Otherwise, you would likely be billed quarterly (every 90 days).

Gas in Victoria is billed bi-monthly (every 60 days), whereas in other states you are billed quarterly for gas.

Should you have any further questions, please call us on 1300 115 866 or email us at info@lumoenergy.com.au with your enquiry and one of our team members will be happy to confirm this for you.

Our team is available from Monday to Friday 8.00am - 8.00pm (AEST/AEDT), and Saturday 8.00am - 5.00pm (AEST/AEDT). If you are calling from overseas, please call +613 9976 6803.

Kendall

Get an answer from our members and Lumo Energy representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now