2Weeks Homes

Weeks Homes Questions & Answers

Verifiedweeks.com.au
San
San

Can you custom build or do I have to pick one from your designs?

Debra

We have heard that building with Steel Frames become quite noisy when there is movement over time ... and also due to heat. Can anyone please comment who has had a SupaLoc steel frame home for a few years about creaking - thanks

Stace11
Stace11

Hi Debra not sure sorry!

Kim
Kim

We had this issue! When the weather would get warm our whole back wall would expand, making noise and also resulting in the cornice coming away from the wall. When it cooled down again it would go back to normal and you wouldn't know.

fantastic - thank you Kim

Mark

Original contracted end date was October 2018 the new one is Feb 2019 does it matter?

Eve Cee

Has anyone built a Weeks home on the Copper Coast. SA?

Mark

Well i'm not from the Copper Coast.

I know of 2 houses within 10 km of the Weeks Building Group Head Office that are massively behind schedule.

Build estimate for a 2 story is 9-12 months from the time the slab is poured. 1 house is Almost finished after 18 months.

Weeks don't do onsite advertising for a reason i guess :/

As for the Slab costs, you wont know until you fork out the $4k. Our sales guy says he made a very generous allowance for the slab... that blew out by 75% !

Eve Cee

Reading previous posted reviews, Weeks seems to have a reputation for inflating slab costs. True or false?

Col W

Yes i think that maybe true. I was told the slab/foundations were more expensive because of proximity to neighbors tree, when i asked if this was still valid when plan change moved slab 0.5 metre lower and further away my request was ignored. I wil likelyl be following up through legal avenue.

Allie Pallie

YES! They’re scam artists! Their inclusions are the most basic ever and exclude a lot of standard items.

Pay attention to the negative reviews! I’m yet to post mine but it won’t be good.

Here’s an important thing to note, Weeks Group have responded to all of the 4 and 5 star reviews but have completely ignored the 1 and 2 star reviews! What does that tell you?

Run far far away from these guys.

Marcus R
Marcus R

im thinking of using weeks to build on my block in st clair, is this a wise move?

Lance
Lance

We have the same question. Have been working with Weeks for last 12 month for a home we plan to build in Craigburn Farm. The sales consultant was helpful and pleasant to work with but took them more than 6 months to finally work out the HIA pricing, only to see a 20% cost up from prelim quote! Now we are not sure if we have wasted our time and should dump them to go with other builders.

TheSarge

No, they are hopeless, sales people nice but from there downhill. Get out now while you can, even if you loose your deposit. Maybe try Simonds Homes, my friend used them and his house was completed a lot faster, with a lot less issues and he is a lot happier. I sent an email to them on the 22nd of March and they finally replied today (12 April) and still have not answered my question. They do things in a way to try and get you to pay more money later. The sales people lie / or dont know what they are talking about, so it sound better than it is.

Col W

As many have testified, they are very very slow getting plans done and changes done even though you are paying $500 each time. so unless you are building on a flat block in a known easy planning approval council, i would think twice. Also communication is near non exsistant, so dont wait for them, call and email them as much as you need to.

Mark

In response to Col W regarding ' FLAT BLOCK WITH A GOOD PLANNING APPROVAL COUNCIL '...

Well we fit those criteria, and immensely regret using weeks.

Im sure the build quality is good, but 18 months for a house build is beyond a joke.

Col W

How did you go. I wouldn't if the block isn't flat.

Real person
Real person

Need to wait a month to do final selection. Are they real really busy?

Ben
Ben

At the time they where fairly busy, not sure if it's always like that, all the other selection appointments had to work around me and my wifes work schedule as we both wanted to be at those appointments and that made it take a bit longer, worth the wait though

Hans
Hans

they may not be that busy but sometime you could see inefficiency in their process. for example some of the products were obsolete months ago but they still had them on display and asking Customer to select.

TheSarge

We had to wait over a month for selections and they did not write them all down an forgot half of them and it took close to 2 months to get prices for all our selections. How can I choose something if I don't know what it going to cost?

Col W

that will likely be your shortest of many delays

Allie Pallie

Yep! We waited forever. They stuffed up our council approval which took far longer than it should and we did most of the work as they were hopeless!

They wouldn’t let us do selections until we had council approval. Then we had to wait for Christmas closure to end to get our first appointments.

They build far too many houses and the process is terrible and only a small percentage of customers would get the attention they deserve.

Gregory John Sacco
Gregory John Sacco

Wow Im a bit worried .. Im in the process of signing with weeks and reading these reviews are more than putting me off. Hi Weeks how can/ will you guarantee that I will not be disappointed like most of your customers here ?

Weeks Homes
Weeks Homes   DM

Hi Gregory, Thank you for your correspondence. Feedback is very important to our business and assists us in improving our processes and our clients building experience. Building a new home can be a challenging process, it involves a large number of internal & external resources for a new home to come to fruition.

The ongoing demand of the building industry can lead to delays within the build process, although we endeavour to reduce these difficulties and their impact. Weeks Building Group are committed to our clients and we would appreciate the opportunity build your new home.

Please feel free to contact our dedicated staff if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards, Ailsa - Weeks Group Online Communications Coordinator

Cameron

If you haven't signed yet. PM me.

Customer of Weeks

If you haven't signed yet, don't, if we could turn back the clock we wouldn't do it again. If we could have gotten out of it we would have. The lies will continue and communication is very poor. They do not explain things very well at all. They provide vague answers to questions, sometimes I think it is because the people answering don't know the answers. The people are friendly but seem to know less than I do about building a house and I don't know much at all. They don't check council regulations before giving you plans, so most likely wont get approved, but they like this because they can charge you to fix it. I have not posted my review yet, but reading the other reviews, mine would be very similar.

Customer of Weeks

The lies keep coming, don't believe the weeks sales people, they just want you to sign a contract, and now seem to think I was stupid because I believed the sales person.

Cameron

Just wait until they silicone your bathroom on a colour that doesn't match anything. Don't worry that you would have done your tile selections at Beaumonts and used the Ardex colour chart to make sure everything matches ... pretty sure it isn't even bathroom silicone. The skip is full of every piece of rubbish but the silicone from the wet areas is taken away by the silicone guy, i don't think that was an accident.

Pistols
Pistols

Anyone thinking off building with weeks should come and c the crap they built for me and still have not finished. My process started in 2014 and still going I just wish the government would do something about the whole building industry so companies like weeks couldn't dish up such bad quality and service . If you haven't signed a contract get in touch there are to many reasons to list but hopefully I can help someone not get ripped off like I am

Col W

i have had many second thoughts, but to late, over 2 years from initial signing to handover a few council initiated delays but months each time to react. Then 6 months to get simple deficiencies identified at handover addressed.

ryanp1978
ryanp1978

How long was the process for all you happy customers?, im going through weeks and we are in month 8 and we still haven't got our finalised contract, been told another 12 weeks before a slab will be down. our sales guy is great, but every thing is so slow for us

Ms B
Ms B

Are you still waiting? We have friends building with Weeks and it has been 2 years in October and they are still waiting!

JADS88
JADS88

Yes, Weeks are very slow for that type of things unfortunately.

Weeks Customer
Weeks Customer

Weeks are a joke, continually lie and are so slow it is not funny. Everything takes longer than it should.

Neil
Neil

We feel your pain. We attempted to build with Weeks and Macklin and eventually gave up and wrote off our $4000 deposit after 10 months of frustration and disappointment. We were still nowhere near getting Council approval and were having to chase everything ourselves just to try to keep things moving. The costs were spiralling and when W and M made errors, of which there were several, we were still expected to carry the extra costs. They quoted $25000 for footings, which from our prior research for the area, seemed reasonable. Several months after signing up and paying our deposit the footings cost jumped to $42000. The cost of our required irrigation area also went up by around $9000 for no reason we could ascertain. In addition they messed up the measurements required for this, which caused another delay with council, and then tried to charge us another $900. We never felt we were treated as a customer, let alone a valued one looking at spending close to $300000. Their staff failed to reply to queries within sensible timeframes and then only partially answered. We gave up and after all the grief they then sent us an additional invoice for $1652 for "progress made". HA HA, WHAT PROGRESS! As you can tell, we will not be recommending this company to anyone.

Jagu06
Jagu06

HI there, after waiting for 8 months we moved out from weeks and macklin, With our new builder with in less than 4 months, we are getting ready for the slab pour in the coming week. Yes Weeks are dead slow in doing the things, my experience says they probably takes a year before they start the site works.

Customer of Weeks

Do not build with Weeks Building Group, I agree with the 1 star review on 30th of January 2017. They are so slow, every step takes for ever, other people I know who started the process of building a new house when we did, paid less and are almost moving in and our build has not even started. It is impossible to get prices for selections and if you want options, that is too much work. They want to screw you over at every step, standard items are awful and to upgrade it costs a fortune and they tell you can provide your own but then wont let you provide your own items. They don't think about the design and when it doesn't work they want you to spend a fortune to fix it. This has been the most stressful time of my life causing extreme pressure on my family and causing a huge amount of distress. If I could pull out now with out it costing me money I would but I am pretty sure weeks would says I have to pay them thousands. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go through the pain I have.

Cameron

Took over two years to get to site. Questioning anything will just slow down the build.

Our first quote from Weeks was 29/10/2014, we wanted the build to start September 2015 ... Build practical completion 15/06/2017. Don't listen to the sales people, they are full of promises, low on getting a good fast result.

Tired of waiting

Hi there. It took a full year before the ground work started. Then it took 4 weeks before the slab went down, and a further 6 weeks before they started the frame. And if you are ordering windows from South Pacific, then you will wait a further 4-6 weeks before any brick work is done.

Col W

we had a great sales guy but after that the brakes hit big time, two years later we finallyhad handover.

Get an answer from our members and Weeks Homes representatives