Worldcare Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Comprehensive Plan, Domestic Plan, Basic Plan, etc...
4.4 from 1,904 reviews

46 questions from our users

Stella

Stellaasked

Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

I am travelling to Europe in April via Melbourne. I live in Regional South Australia and will be flying on a regional airline to Melbourne the night before to avoid travel delays. On return to Australia there is no connecting flight back to my city the same evening so i will be staying overnight in Melbourne again. Does Worldcare cover me from when I leave home to when I return home or do I require separate domestic insurance for those parts of my journey

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Stella, that's a great question.
The following is from our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) regarding the definition of the 'journey' that your policy covers.
"Journey means travel which begins when you leave home or your place of business to commence your travel and ends when you arrive back home or at a hospital or nursing home in Australia (if you are evacuated or repatriated), whichever is earlier."
I hope that clarifies, but if you have any further queries please call us on 13 1000 and we'll be happy to assist.
Kind regards, Tegan

dolly

dollyasked

Travel Insurance - Multi-Trip Plan

If a couple are travelling on a multi trip plan.
What are the requirements for the accompanying spouse. What time is required to be spent together?
Same country, same city, same departure and return date?
But able to do other activities independently, eg shopping?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Dolly, our PDS defines accompanying as "travelling with the insured person for 100% of the journey". I would suggest calling our contact centre for more detail on 1800 008 614. Kind regards, Tegan

Gary B.

Gary B.asked

Can I insure after I have commenced my overseas holiday?

Mid
Mid

Probably.

Fired Up

Ask the company rather than the public

Daveasked

Cant believe the amount of reviews and not ONE of them actually had a CLAIM , the real value of an insurer is only known when a claim is made so I'm baffled as to how / why the reviews are being made ???

Fired Up

I am baffled by the question with no answer

Dave

Hi Fred beginning to wonder if it's me or should you really post when a claim is made ? at the end of the day of course their going to be nice on the phone they couldn't be anything else when their taking your money but how can they actually be judged when no one's commenting on a claim ,which is the essence of an insurer ?

John C

John Casked

Hi do you cover pre existing condition such as AVR HEART VALVE which is Aortic Valve Replacement and husband is on warfarin thanks

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi John, best to call our contact centre 1800 008 614 to check on this. Regards, Anthony.

Kathy

Kathyasked

What is the age limit acceptable for seniors

Ross Wilson
Ross Wilson

The product disclosure information states that 74 years is the maximum age that can be insured. Of course there are many other limitations eg medical, but you need to carefully read the online information.

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, this varies depending on the plan - see page 12 of the PDS - https://travel.worldcare.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS

Chris Janka

Chris Jankaasked

I have used Worldcare several times over ten years. In 2019 I shall be visiting Houston for one month, March and Portugal for one month, September. May I take out comprehensive cover for two single travel periods??
Regards, Christina

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Chris, if get in touch with our call centre on 1800 008 614 they will be able to help you out. Regards, nthony

Dianne E.asked

Hi there, I have just purchased Travel Insurance from you today. At a cost of $2900.00 which is all good, But I read that if you have had Worldcare Travel Insurance before you can get a 10% Discount. It would have been really nice if someone in the Sales Team would ask if you have had Insurance with Worldcare before and offer the discount. Im not complaining just giving some constructive criticism. We have found your medical team and sales people very helpful in all other ways.

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne, thanks for the feedback. Can you let me know where you saw this? I'll look into it. Regards, Anthony.

Hi Anthony
Thanks for the response. I saw a comment on this website regarding the discount. Please fine attached
C & P
cherub79

3 likes
VERIFIED CUSTOMER
Pleasant experience
reviewed 24 days ago
I have actually used Worldcare about 8 times for single international trips and always buy comprehensive travel insurance. Out of the 8 times, i have only claimed once due to illness and was paid out reasonably quickly without hassle. Worldcare is underwritten by Allianz Insurance. I know my experience with Allianz for car insurance has been less than satisfactory but the experience with travel insurance has been good so far. The only reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 is because previously you could zero the excess for an additional $25. Now the excess is $200 and you cannot reduce it to zero. Finally, if you have purchased with Worldcare previously you can also call up the call centre and ask for 10% off the premiums. They will usually check if you have previously bought a policy with them and give you a 10% discount without any promo code required.
Insurance claim made
1 like
Allianz Partners D.
WORLDCARE TRAVEL INSURANCE
20 days ago
Hi, thanks for the review, it's appreciated. Regards, Anthony

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Dianne. I've found out that we do provide a promo discount, but you would receive this as an email a few months after your return travel date - it's not an ongoing thing as such. Regards, Anthony.

neb

nebasked

do you do medical insurance only?

5Loveu1314
5Loveu1314

I previously with Worldcare insurance was because could have zero the excess for an additional $25. Now the excess is $200 and you cannot reduce it to zero.

Finally, I have to decide to move to Fast Cover Insurance for my past few trips because they allow to reduce to zero excess .

Hope your company can will change the mind to make a comeback of have zero excess like before.

Patricia

Patriciaasked

This is my insurance cover number WCARPCS0006722
Am I still covered for the Annual travel Insurance?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Patricia, the policy number provided is a single comprehensive policy covering for only one journey. If you would like a quote for an annual policy I can have one of our agents contact you or get a quote online at https://www.worldcare.com.au/travel-insurance/.

Carlz

Carlzasked

Medevac - Hello, I hear you do helicopter medevac. I am going on a cruise in June, South Pacific, leaving from Auckland. I live in Perth Western Australia, I will be taking insurance out in Perth. If I need to be airlifted from the South Pacific cruise will my insurance fly me to Perth or original departure point? If flown to Auckland if treatment was required and then applied will my insurance then cover to get me to my home town of Perth? Thank you

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Carlz, thanks for getting in touch with us! For this kind of query it would be best to have a chat with our team on 1800 008 614 to ensure you get all the information relating to the product that you need. Kind regards, Matt.

Anisha Bhattarai

Anisha Bhattaraiasked

I want to cancel my travel insurance because i dont get holiday from university. Do i get refund?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, that depends on when you purchased it - please call our contact centre on 1800 008 614 and they will be able to help you out! Regards, Anthony.

Tam

Tamasked

Just wondering on the process of claiming lost items overseas? What is required for proof of ownership - are photos of item sufficient? Do you cover replacement value?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hello Tam, you can view what we cover in terms of lost items in our PDS - pages 60, 62 and 79 - https://travel.worldcare.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS Regards, Anthony.

Patsy

Patsyasked

Hi just reading the fine print , I want to take out Comprehensive travel insurance with Allianz , can you tell me if I would be convered if I have to cancel my trip . Thank you

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Patsy, if you look at Page 52 of the PDS - https://travel.worldcare.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS you'll see what is covered by the cancellation part of the policy. Regards, Anthony.

Celine W

Celine Wasked

Does worldcare comprehensive level cover natural disasters like volcanic eruptions?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Celine, thanks for the question. This depends on the time when you bought a travel insurance policy. If the eruption was a known event (ie. you bought insurance after a travel advisory was issued), this would not be covered. However, if this occurred unexpectedly, this would be covered depending on the policy you have. Regards, Anthony

Dickie
Dickie

Worldcare says: when booking the insurance, did you know about any natural disasters etc. at your destination or had the government travel authorities informed travellers of any problems in the country of destination? If yes, then they would not reimburse you for any costs or inconveniences arising from a natural disaster. Hope this solved your question. Dickie

Jovy

Jovyasked

Hi my mom is applying a visa to visit here in Australia, one of her requirements is the health cover while she’s here. Is there any policy her that will suits her?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hello, thanks for the email. This depends on her visa type and conditions and where she is coming from. Allianz Global Assistance does offer Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) for a number of visas - you can view these here - https://allianzassistancehealth.com.au/en/visitors-visa-ovhc/visas-we-cover/ Regards, Anthony

Jan Cook

Jan Cookasked

I believe that your travel insurance policies generally cover rental vehicle excesses but it appear that your polices do not recognise motorcycles as rental vehicles. Is this correct?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi Jan, that's correct. On Page 9 of our PDS (https://travel.worldcare.com.au/worldcare/File/Download?docType=PDS), a rental vehicle means a campervan/motorhome that does not exceed 4.5 tonne, a sedan, coupe, hatchback, station-wagon, SUV, four wheel drive or mini bus/people mover rented from a licensed motor vehicle rental company or agency. Regards, Anthony.

boyle

boyleasked

if my flight is delayed and i miss another Airlines flight in other country am i covered for new ticket costs incurred?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, this depends on the situation - see our PDS here https://travel.worldcare.com.au/File/Download?docType=PDS on page 57. Regards, Anthony.

Brigid

Brigidasked

Hi At what age does the age penalty begin?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi - there isn't an 'age penalty' as such, but your age will determine the premium based on risk factors etc. Feel free to get a quote at https://www.worldcare.com.au/travel-insurance/ Regards, Anthony.

Shazza

Shazzaasked

Does your travel insurance cover the period of time prior to travel for cancellation due to death or illness if a family member or personal illness or accident?

Allianz PartnersWorldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, thanks for your comment. This really does depend on the situation (who the family member is, if they live in Australia/New Zealand, etc). It's best to call our team on 1800 008 614 as they would have this information at their fingertips. Regards, Anthony.

Get an answer from our members and Worldcare Travel Insurance representatives