Worldcare Travel Insurance Questions & Answers

Verifiedworldcare.com.au
Victoria P.
Victoria P. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

question do you cover when a Australian citizen that is already overseas in America and leaving to go to london for 3 months before returning home to australia..

Neil McLean
Neil McLean · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

We are interested in Comprehensive or Essentials cover. Key questions are:
1 What restrictions or exclusions apply to the medical and evacuation cover?
2 What restrictions or exclusions apply to the flights/trip cancellation or disrution cover?
3 Is there an excess with either policy?
4 What claim requirements exist for lost luggage or the theft of individual items like cameras, laptops and ipads? Except for Syb's laptop all items are over two years old with no receipts available. Are they covered?
Come back as soon as work pressure allows.
Cheers,
Neil

Sheila t
Sheila t · Worldcare Travel Insurance

I would like cover for travel to UK then river cruise Budapest to Amsterdam return to UK before travel back to Australia. Dates 26 8 22 - 28 9 22 inclusive. I am aged 85 and am triple covid vaccinated

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Sheila Thank you for reaching out - hopefully I can help.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your best contact details (email and phone) so I elevate this matter to our Travel Team who will contact you directly.

Sarah J
Sarah J · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Does worldcare provide cover for Covid-19 in their comprehensive travel package?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Sarah Thank you for reaching out - hopefully I can help.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your best contact details (email and phone) so I elevate this matter to our Travel Insurance Team who will contact you directly.

Antony Michaels
Antony Michaels · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Does the policy cover Covid-19 health effects while travelling?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Antony Thank you for your enquiry - hopefully I can be of assistance.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your best contact details (email and phone) so I can elevate your enquiry to the Travel Insurance Team immediately.

Richard B.
Richard B. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Does the Comprehensive level of cover satisfy the health insurance requirements to enter Indonesia please?

Many thanks
Richard

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Richard Thank you for reaching out.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your best contact details (email and phone) so I can elevate your enquiry to our Travel Insurance Team.

Lou
Lou · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

What world area covers Christmas/Cocos Keeping Islands for travel Insurance

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Lou Thank you for your enquiry.
Kind regards

Lou
Lou · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Which world area covers Christmas/Cocos Keeping Islands for travel insurance

Ben Aaron

I don't know the precise answer to this question. I haven't seen a policy that expressly excludes these two destinations.
But its very good you asked and take care to make sure you're covered. So it's a matter of asking the several reputable companies that advertise if they do. The more important issue is to ask what exceptions they make to claims. In that you can work out what variety of risks youre likely to face and ensure that you're not unduly excluded.
To the ewxtent I understand it a series of good questions posed early on lays the groundwork of your rights as a claimant in the unfortunate event that you must claim. Good luck!!

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Lou Thank you for your enquiry.
Kind regards

aurora · Worldcare Travel Insurance

We are travelling in 3 weeks OS, when should we buy the insurance.

Ben Aaron

You ought to buy the policy at least in the month before you travel

aurora

Do you mean 1 month before travel? what happens if it is less than a month?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Aurora, Thank you for your query.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your contact details (email and phone) so I can elevate your enquiry to the Travel Team. Alternatively, you can call the team directly on 1800 008 614
Kind regards, Chloe.

aurora

Thanks, I will contact them.

aurora · Worldcare Travel Insurance

we are travelling overseas in 3 wks time, when should we buy the insurance. thanks

Tombarina
Tombarina

Now!!!
I usually have it locked in a month or two before a big trip, but the next best time is “immediately”.

Ben Aaron

My view is that if World Care and Allianz are prepared to challenge the viability of their own promises to their clients and longstanding clients as well, I'd be weary about their products, I'd instead look for a company with a better track record in these times. Covid has been a pandemic but it exists as a threat in our environment. If one was to travel and by chance end up ill with Covid, will Allianz deem it a pandemic issue or a health issue. My sense is they will take the ducking responsibility route at this time.

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Aurora Thank you for your enquiry.
Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your email and phone so I can elevate your enquiry to the Travel Team immediately.
Ainsley

Richard D.
Richard D. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

I am looking to purchase the Go Comprehensive cover and have a question about Covid-19 cover. I understand from the General Exclusions that there is no cover for a Pandemic except for cover under 1(i) and Section 2 Medical Benefits (ie unlimited for Overseas Medical Expenses). Is this correct?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Richard thanks for your message. Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your contact details (email and phone number) so I can elevate your enquiry to the Travel Team. Alternatively, you can contact the team directly on 1800 008 614. Kind regards, Chloe

GT Lim
GT Lim · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi do you provide travel insurance for travelling to Malaysia inclusive of COVID 19 related medical and evacuation expenses protection ?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi GT Lim Are you able to please email us at SocialMediaManagement@allianz-assistance.com.au with your contact details (email and phone) so I can elevate your enquiry to the Travel Team immediately.
Ainsley

Heinrich B.
Heinrich B. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

I took out a policy to travel to Japan. I am now not going. There seems to be no way to actually cancel the insurance? Or at least I could not find a way. Should be clear - no travel, refund the insurance premium?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Heinrich, give us a call on 1800 008 614 and we can answer any cancellation questions you have. If your cancellation is related to COVID-19, these FAQs may also be of assistance: external link  Kind regards, Tegan

G Griffin
G Griffin · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Hi, if the Australian Government or other official authority issues a Do Not Travel warning to the specific region or country I am booked to travel to, and that warning is given after I purchase your travel insurance policy and after I book my travel arrangements (flights and accommodation), would you cover me for cancellation of my trip? Kind regards, Gillian

Bent O.
Bent O.

I had the same issue and rang them directly (as suggest by them below) and got a detailed answer rather than ask in a review site.

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Gillian, thanks for your question. You can call us on 1800 008 614 to discuss. Kind regards, Tegan

Andrew
Andrew · Worldcare Travel Insurance

If my trip gets cancelled due to the coronavirus will I receive a full refund?

CraigS
CraigS

You need to ring WTI & talk to them about your specific circumstances. Don’t assume anything. It’s likely your conversation will be recorded for future reference if needed, for both parties benefits.

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Andrew, I'd suggest calling us on 1800 008 614 to discuss your individual circumstances. Spot on Craig!

Marisa
Marisa · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Will I be covered for the caronavirus if travelling to Bali in September 2020

Courtney Soutar
Courtney Soutar

I personally ring them and ask them questions... for this i would be ringing!

Myles_F
Myles_F

I would also be calling the Insurance company and ask questions as you can never be sure with these things.

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Marisa, thanks for your query - you can give us a call to discuss on 1800 008 614. Kind regards, Tegan

Stella
Stella · Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

I am travelling to Europe in April via Melbourne. I live in Regional South Australia and will be flying on a regional airline to Melbourne the night before to avoid travel delays. On return to Australia there is no connecting flight back to my city the same evening so i will be staying overnight in Melbourne again. Does Worldcare cover me from when I leave home to when I return home or do I require separate domestic insurance for those parts of my journey

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Stella, that's a great question. The following is from our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) regarding the definition of the 'journey' that your policy covers.
"Journey means travel which begins when you leave home or your place of business to commence your travel and ends when you arrive back home or at a hospital or nursing home in Australia (if you are evacuated or repatriated), whichever is earlier."
I hope that clarifies, but if you have any further queries please call us on 13 1000 and we'll be happy to assist.
Kind regards, Tegan

dolly
dolly · Travel Insurance - Multi-Trip Plan

If a couple are travelling on a multi trip plan.
What are the requirements for the accompanying spouse. What time is required to be spent together?
Same country, same city, same departure and return date?
But able to do other activities independently, eg shopping?

Worldcare Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Dolly, our PDS defines accompanying as "travelling with the insured person for 100% of the journey". I would suggest calling our contact centre for more detail on 1800 008 614. Kind regards, Tegan

Gary B.
Gary B. · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Can I insure after I have commenced my overseas holiday?

Mid
Mid

Probably.

Fired Up

Ask the company rather than the public

Dave · Worldcare Travel Insurance

Cant believe the amount of reviews and not ONE of them actually had a CLAIM , the real value of an insurer is only known when a claim is made so I'm baffled as to how / why the reviews are being made ???

Fired Up

I am baffled by the question with no answer

Dave

Hi Fred beginning to wonder if it's me or should you really post when a claim is made ? at the end of the day of course their going to be nice on the phone they couldn't be anything else when their taking your money but how can they actually be judged when no one's commenting on a claim ,which is the essence of an insurer ?

Get an answer from our members and Worldcare Travel Insurance representatives

Select a listing for your question