1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

7 questions from our users

Wendy I.

Wendy I.asked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

We wish to cancel our policy no1C-AU-DMN 2495934 as my husband is to Ill to travel now due to his Parkinson disease and Dementia. It is a princess cruise in November to Brisbane and at the moment I do not think this will be happening anyway. Please contact me me on colwens1@esc.net.au. I am sorry to have to cancel.

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Wendy, I have passed this on to the team and someone will be in touch soon. Regards, Doug.

Leni

Leniasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Hello, we have taken up a travel insurance on 3/12/19 to travel to Europe and we were due to travel on 17/6/20. Due to Coronavirus Pandemic we will be unable to travel. We send you an enquiry about a refund 8 days ago and have not received any response since. Your website is now offering a refund credit option, which can be used within the next 12 months of the issue of the credit, however your full terms and conditions say 18 months. It is unlikely that we will be able to travel within the next 12 months. How do I claim for longer period? Is there going to be an opportunity to further extend the credit in the future should she covid situation does not improve?

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Leni, can you please send me the last 6 digits of your policy number so that I can pass it on to the team? Regards, Doug.

Ihave l.

Ihave l.asked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Why aren't 1cover refunding money for a risk that will never happen? After months no phone contact and useless bulk generated email. Other companies ARE returning the full premium and answering phones. Australian Seniors is one. Never when I read the clause about pandemics did I think that this would include stealing the full premium when I would never get off the ground. Good business model for the future guys. Theft and no service. Vote with your feet and tell all your friends how great this company is. Why cant we ring? Don't give us the rescuing people story any longer!

P Campbell
P Campbell

Asked the same question myself three weeks ago - no risk to the company because we can't even leave the house for a trip to a country whose borders are closed anyway. But have heard nothing other than I'm in a queue and they will contact me in turn. Very poor customer service.

Pauline Keays
Pauline Keays

Hi there. I have travel insurance with Insure and Go. They, too, were initially refusing to refund or offer travel credits. They are now offering credits (based on their shonky calculations), of about 20% of the premium. They too have lost well over 1500 loyal customers. Show me a decent Travel Insurance company. Good luck everyone. My issue is with AFCA. Pauline.

Mick

Mickasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Do you offer excess insurance for motor home hire?

Hello Mick,
We provide rental vehicle excess up to $5000 for motorhomes that are less than 4.5 tonnes. If you have any further queries, or require assistance, please forward an email to info@1cover.com.au
Regards, Helen

Ann G

Ann Gasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

I am going on a cruise from March 23 through April 6. and will visit several countries. How do I start this to get a quote?

Hello Ann,
Firstly go to our quote page www.1cover.com.au. Enter all the countries you intend on visiting, including where the cruise will stop at. Enter your travel dates and ages and click Next Step. At this point, if you scroll down the page, you are then able to add the Cruise Cover option which will cover you whilst onboard the ship. If you need assistance with this quote, a friendly consultant can assist if you call the centre on 1300 192 021. Regards, Sophie.

Tom

Tomasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Hi, I have you 1Cover before but I just want to be clear about medical expenses cover because so many people misunderstand the term and the condition like me. If you're in a country where local hospital or ambulance or doctors provide receipt in their language, do I need to translate the receipt to English before I lodge a claim to 1cover?In an emergency of injury or health problem and I have to go to the closest hospital. After that they have to transfer to specialist hospital or doctors, do I have to ring 1Cover first or do you organise everything at the start? thank you, Tom

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Tom, Ideally to process the claim as quickly as possible, we recommend that the documents are already translated by a registered translator, however if you are unable to do this, we have facilities available that can action this process for us. We recommend that for any medical emergencies that you always contact our Medical Team to assess your condition and make the necessary arrangements that you require. Hope this answers your query. Regards, Sophie.

Gayle D

Gayle Dasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

If I had to go to hospital overseas and it cost $5,000 ( Australian). Do I have to pay the bill first before I claim? I am going to Europe.

mickee p
mickee p

Not sure, fortunately for me I have never had to use the insurance.
Better to have it than not
Cheers
Mick

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Gayle, Sorry for the late response. Anything under $1000AUD, you need to pay and lodge a claim. Anything over this amount, then we take care of the costs, you just need to contact our Emergency team so that they can liaise with the medical team. Regards, Sophie

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance questions