1Cover Comprehensive Travel Insurance

3 questions from our users

Ann G

Ann Gasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

I am going on a cruise from March 23 through April 6. and will visit several countries. How do I start this to get a quote?

Hello Ann,
Firstly go to our quote page www.1cover.com.au. Enter all the countries you intend on visiting, including where the cruise will stop at. Enter your travel dates and ages and click Next Step. At this point, if you scroll down the page, you are then able to add the Cruise Cover option which will cover you whilst onboard the ship. If you need assistance with this quote, a friendly consultant can assist if you call the centre on 1300 192 021. Regards, Sophie.

Tom

Tomasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

Hi, I have you 1Cover before but I just want to be clear about medical expenses cover because so many people misunderstand the term and the condition like me. If you're in a country where local hospital or ambulance or doctors provide receipt in their language, do I need to translate the receipt to English before I lodge a claim to 1cover?In an emergency of injury or health problem and I have to go to the closest hospital. After that they have to transfer to specialist hospital or doctors, do I have to ring 1Cover first or do you organise everything at the start? thank you, Tom

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Tom, Ideally to process the claim as quickly as possible, we recommend that the documents are already translated by a registered translator, however if you are unable to do this, we have facilities available that can action this process for us. We recommend that for any medical emergencies that you always contact our Medical Team to assess your condition and make the necessary arrangements that you require. Hope this answers your query. Regards, Sophie.

Gayle D

Gayle Dasked

Comprehensive Travel Insurance

If I had to go to hospital overseas and it cost $5,000 ( Australian). Do I have to pay the bill first before I claim? I am going to Europe.

mickee p
mickee p

Not sure, fortunately for me I have never had to use the insurance.
Better to have it than not
Cheers
Mick

Customer Service R.1Cover

Hi Gayle, Sorry for the late response. Anything under $1000AUD, you need to pay and lodge a claim. Anything over this amount, then we take care of the costs, you just need to contact our Emergency team so that they can liaise with the medical team. Regards, Sophie

See all 1Cover Travel Insurance questions