Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances

Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances Questions & Answers

Platinum & Diamond Cards, Gold Cards, World Debit Mastercard

4 questions from our users

PandL

PandLasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

Are we covered if the first leg of our trip is not a flight.? Example: We live in Canberra - If we are booked to cruise overseas out of Sydney and we drive to Sydney to meet the cruise ship is our insurance for the cruise period covered? Friends have told us other policies with other banks state that to be covered the first leg of your trip has to be a flight.

John

Johnasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

Is it correct that under the CBA Credit Card Insurance with CoverMore, if you booked travel before the advent of Coronavirus (Covid 19), you are NOT covered under the policy issued, should you contract the Virus?

Eric
Eric

I dont think any insurance covers corona since late January or earlier

Never trust a bank
Never trust a bank

Combank travel insurance is useless,it doesn’t matter when you started it your not covered.Next time try another bank or go directly to an insurance company.

Anja Krauss

Anja Kraussasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances

Hi ,
I am a platinum Visa card holder and would like to know if I hire a car in Adelaide
Am I covered for the damage excess if required on the car ? This is for the complimentary insurance for my travel from Canberra to Adelaide return by air and car hire in Adelaide. Thanks Anja

Hi Anja,
No, you are not covered. CBA offers International travel insurance, not domestic. Even you plan to travel oversea with CBA free travel insurance, I suggest to read the PDS very carefully. Free insurance doesn't mean they will pay you your expenses free. If you are not a lawyer, I would recommend to get a proper travel insurance with good reviews.

MarleneF

MarleneFasked

Travel Insurance - Credit / Debit Card Insurances (Platinum & Diamond Cards)

How much do I have to spend on travel to get the free insurance?

Steve
Steve

If you are a CommBank customer and have the right level of Visa credit card membership then its free.

Just log onto CommBank travel insurance, apply for it, and its issued free.

However... I have found (unfortunately) the issuing insurance underwriters (Covermore) makes you jump through endless hoops in order the claim.

I think CommBank are trying to do the right thing, its the underwriter that is my concern as my claim has been rejected.

Alternatively, if you have an AMEX credit card, then any travel booked with Amex that is over $1,000 automatically includes travel insurance.

I highly recommend you inquire into each PDS, however these are my well travelled experiences.

Orestes

100% agree. I even told from Covermore claim officer saying it is a free insurance (so don't complain and accept declining decision)

See all Commonwealth Bank Travel Insurance questions