Crimsafe Questions & Answers

Verifiedcrimsafe.com.au
elainem
elainem

I rent a 14 year old house with crimsafe. No external doors near rear where bedrooms are. How do we escape a fire. There’s no S-cape here. Thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Elainem, we would suggest speaking with the owner of the property. Ask if they would consider changing the window to a Safe-S-Cape so you feel more comfortable in the area without a rear door.

Lauren
Lauren

Hi, my security door is stuck and won’t open. The locks won’t move and the key can’t turn. Any suggestions?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Lauren, speak with the Crimsafe supplier who installed the screen. They can assist with a service call for repairs.

Mike
Mike

I recently had several crim safe windows installed, during the installation I noticed the security screws were black and all the window frames are white, I asked the question why is it installed like this and the said it was normal, however it looks awful, what can I do?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Mike, we have received your email. We are currently looking into getting this issue rectified for you with the Crimsafe supplier.

Jeremy D.
Jeremy D.

Hey guys I'm looking to get 3 doors and 5 windows done the doors are standard size and windows are all 1.5×1.5 would anyone have a rough idea what this would cost??

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Jeremy, can you please advise your postcode? We will find a Crimsafe supplier in your area to assist with pricing.

Gary B
Gary B

Is there a way you can shut your door without the hook lock stopping from closing

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Gary, we would suggest having a chat with the Crimsafe supplier who installed your screen. They will be able to advise any options available.

Richard K.
Richard K.

Can you replace the crimsafe lock with a mortise third party smart lock (I'm looking to get the Aqara A100) or any other non-Yale smart lock?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Richard, we would suggest speaking with the Crimsafe supplier who installed your screen. They will advise if the frame is able to house this type of locking system.

Barbara W.
Barbara W.

Hi, I have recently had the outside of the house painted and they got paint on the mesh and around the bottom frame. Could you please advise a safe way to remove it so that I do not scratch or ruin the door finish. … it was water base paint. There is not a lot but a while blob is very easy to see

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Barbara, we would suggest using the Crimsafe stain cleaner to remove this paint. Make sure to use a micro fiber cloth or glove to avoid any scratches to the frame.

Irene gritton

The finish on the bottom frame of my screen door is flaking away. I thought powder coating was supposed to last 20 years or more. It’s only 8 years old & in a protected position, but the installers have told me I’ll have to pay to get it repaired.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Irene, how do you clean your screen? If you use a hard brush or pressure hose this could affect the powder coating. If you would like us to look into this for you please email your details and some pictures to info@crimsafe.com.au.

Irene gritton

I use a soft brush with warm soapy water & rinse. No pressure hoses or anything abrasive has been used.
Will send photo.

Crimsafe   DM

Thank you Irene, we have received your pictures.

Helen H.

The ceiling outside was repainted and some paint flecks got onto the outside door and it seems to have taken off the coating. Is this possible? Helen

Crimsafe   DM

Have you tried to clean the flecks off with anything? (Pressure hose, cleaning solution etc).

Helen H.

The coating has come off and no I have not tried to clean it

Crimsafe   DM

The powder coating should not come off from another paint landing on it, could you please email some pictures? info@crimsafe.com.au

Helen H.

I will. I am going out now. Will email photos asap.
Helen

Thanks Helen!

Linda

We are occasionally unable to lock our crimsafe screen door using just the latch from inside. If we lock and unlock the door with the key we are then able to use latch. Is there a solution?
Love the door but the company we used to purchase all our home doors sub-contracted the crimsafe and I do not know the installer. (Original company refuses to tell me)

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Linda, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your lock. Could you kindly advise your postcode? We will find a Crimsafe supplier in your area to help with a solution.

Crimsafe   DM

The Crimsafe supplier Evercool can assist in this area. Please feel free to contact them on Ph: 08 8340 2399 or Email: enquires@evercool.com.au

Pieter André Johannes L.
Pieter André Johannes L.

I am currently in Brisbane visiting from South Africa.
I saw your Crimsafe screen on an outer door at a friend's house.
I would love to take some of your product home with me In February.
What are the sheet sizes that you stock?
Price?
Would you be able to cut it for me according to specified sizes?
André Lochner
[Email Address Removed]

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Pieter, Crimsafe has to be installed by a licensee. Unfortunatlly, our licensees are unable to accommodate supply only.

Hi
We had a Crimsafe door, window screen a single sliding door and a double sliding door installed recently.
My question is regarding the sliding doors. There is quite a gap between the Crimsafe sliding door and the fixed glass panels. So if you have your glass sliding door open but the Crimsafe door shut (allowing airflow), bugs like cockroaches, lizards/geckos and potentially baby snakes could come through the gap. I currently have paper towel stuffed in the gap, but I wonder if there is a bug seal that would do the trick?
Thanks in advance. Lesley.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Lesley, we would suggest getting in touch with the Crimsafe supplier who installed the screen. We are sure they would be more than happy to assist with a bug strip to rectify this issue.

Thank you. I’ll do that.

Bev B.

We are very happy with all our Crimsafe doors however the vertical bar that connects the lock to the upper latch on our original Crimsafe door rattles inside the extrusion frame. It does not affect the security of the door it’s just an irritating sound, can this be rectified?
I believe the original installer no longer exists. Many thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Bev, we are glad to hear you are still happy with your Crimsafe doors. Could you kindly email your details? We will find a Crimsafe supplier to assist with repairs. info@crimsafe.com.au

Bev B.

Thank you Crimsafe for the prompt reply, I’ll get my details to you asap. Thank you again that is very kind of you.

You're welcome Bev :)

Robert
Robert

I live near the ocean and have cloudy, spotted marks appearing all over the mesh. I suspect salt corrosion but would like cleaning ideas from anyone. Thanks. Robert

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Robert, you are correct this would be a build up of salt and other air impurities. We would suggest cleaning your screens with Crimsafe wash & wax, this will help remove the debris. Crimsafe wash and wax can be purchased on the Crimsafe website.

Trevor
Trevor

Like several previous responders we also have a build up of white material where the mesh joins the frames. We have had no success in removing this buildup and it appears from your previous replies that you are aware of it but don't have a solution. Is there anything we can do to prevent this material forming and how do we get rid of it?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Trevor, this is a build up of dirt, salt and other air impurities. Cleaning the screens regularly helps to prevent this build up. If you reach out to the Crimsafe supplier who installed the screens they can come out to assess the screens and advise the best options available. Kind Regards The Crimsafe Team.

Paul H.
Paul H.

Hi - I have a white crystalline substance which has formed on some of my Crimsafe screens have tried addressing it using the Crimsafe cleaning products but it did not resolve the issue. Is this a warranty issue...the screens are 4 years old. I can provide photos if necessary. Thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Paul, we would suggest getting in touch with the Crimsafe supplier who installed the screens 4 years ago. They will come out to assess the screens for a warranty claim.

Brendon
Brendon

Hi, our Crimsafe door was removed and put back on by our painter now it does not lock - is this something that normally happens when they are removed? Thank you.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Brendon, we would suggest getting in touch with the Crimsafe supplier who installed the screen originally. It sounds like the screen has not been fitted correctly by your painter.

Jeff.
Jeff.

Hello we have just had Crimsafe screen doors fitted however the sliding door and our front door have a lot of flex they are not taunt. (I’m talking about the screen mesh)
The other doors fitted are nice and taunt.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Jeff, how wide are the 2 doors? If they are 1100 or wider it is recommended to have a midrail installed.

Bridie

Hi, I need to get my window screens off to clean windows from the outside (upstairs). How can I do this? The screws look pentagonal.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Bridie, can you please advise your postcode? We will find a Crimsafe supplier in your area to assist with removal of these screens.

I’m in Hendra, Brisbane.

Crimsafe   DM

We have spoken with the Crimsafe supplier Shaderite, they said they can assist with removal of the screens. just give them a call to discuss the service call fees Ph: (07) 3267 6444

Beast
Beast

Hi how do you replace a crimsafe door lock can you buy a replacement thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Beast, we would suggest getting in touch with the licensed Crimsafe supplier who installed your screen. They can assist with replacement locks.

Get an answer from our members and Crimsafe representatives