Crimsafe Questions & Answers

73 questions from our users

Graham Gasked

I have paint on inside of crimsafe screen. How do I get screen off to clean them.
Windows are long and narrow

Anne R.
Anne R.

have you used WD40? It will clean the paint off. then clean the screen as per instructions (auto car wash and dry with clean cloth)

Graham G

I can't get to Windows as I have crimsafe over it

jo

joasked

how much do the crimsafe doors cost, please?

Brian L.

Brian L.asked

We installed the front door and several windows with Crimsafe mesh some years ago. From the start there was a corrosion effect at the bottom of each which has resulted in the rubber surround becoming pitted. We were given Crimsafe Stain Clean which we have applied several times to little effect. Are there any other remedies to correct this product fault?

Ken J.

Ken J.asked

Where are you.

Anne

Anneasked

I have some questions asked, but not answered above. Please Crimsafe let me and others have answers. We paid a lot of money for these screens over others.
I have what appears to be rust stains on the mesh where it overlaps top to bottom and side to side. How do we remove these?
I also have parts of the door (near the handle) where the black colour has worn off. Can these be painted? What sort of paint should be used?

Crimsafe T.Crimsafe

Hi Anne, thank you for getting in touch. If you could please email us at info@crimsafe.com.au with Product Review in the subject line, with photos and receipt of purchase so we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Crimsafe Team.

Jade B

Jade Basked

Hi,
Our crimsafe front door is about two years old and the door itself has completely faded but the surrounds haven’t? So it looks like the door is a completely different colour to the surrounding frame and door handle? Is this covered by warranty?

Grahame S.

Grahame S.asked

crim safe wire door has popped off rollers cant get back on

M Carswellasked

I have 2 crimsafe hinged doors, front & garage. My question, what gap measurement should be between the door and frame on the locking side of the door. I can clearly see all the metal locks (triple locking) and believe with the gap the door can be open if a crow bar is forced in through the gap. Also the top part of my doors fit reasonable snug to frame when closed but the bottom of the door has at least a 6mm gap. I have trouble sometimes locking the door as I need to pull it in twice to align bottom lock to align before I can lock the door. Also because of the gap my front door rattles at the bottom when the wind blows, I have to put masking tape there to stop the metal hitting metal. P.S. I have metal frames. Installer has tried to fix but is only a temp job. My doors are less than 2 years old, on going problem. Not happy Jan.

Harvey Wilson

I too have a gap where i can see the triple locks. I think there would have to be reasonable space to allow for expansion and contraction of the door and frame.

I have also had and still have a similar problem where i have to pull it twice to latch. I had mine adjusted and it fixed it for a while, the installer even bent the door a little to make it fit better which stopped any rattles.

Crimsafe has a 10 year warranty on frame and mesh. My installer had a 2 year warranty on moving parts, like the locks. Check if your installer can fix it.

M Carswell

Pulling the door twice to properly close it is an ongoing problem, which is not normal. It has been looked at by the installer, he, by hand pushed the bottom of the door into aline with the frame like the top part of the door is but it didn't work for long. I believe the bottom part of the door is warped thats why I am having problems having to pull it shut twice and the rattling issue. The installer was coming out he said either 23rd or 24th Dec, 2019 but he did not turn up, I stayed home 2days waiting. I txt him about 4.30pm on 24th but never heard back from him and still to date have not. I know things happen on the job which you have to cancel appointments with customers but to not let them know or even contact them after is very unprofessional. This is not the first time it has happened. Yes 24th was Xmas Eve, not a good day to work late on, but could of been avoided if the installer got back to me in the first place on 2nd Dec after I rang and txt him. I managed then to contact him 2weeks later, this could of been avoided. I have now contacted Crimsafe at Yatala H.O. so they can come out and give me professionally insight into the problem so it can be once and forall fixed. I don't like to bother people but when you pay $950 for 1 security door you want it right, like Kim'ies dad says.

Ram C.

Ram C.asked

I installed Crimsafe in my home. The door that cost me over $2000, was forced open/ jimmied by thieves. Where do I stand regarding your claims of being the most superior product in the market? The local suppler who provided the service in the first place says that my Warranty is voided when a break-in occurs!!
Awaiting your reply.

M Carswell

When Crimsafe advertise to be the safest product on the market like holding up cars and thugs running up and bashing full body onto break the door; and a small crow bar did manage to break it. Kim'ies dad would be horrified. Crimsafe need to standby their product values and advertised words and adverts. I am sure CrimSafe will and your installer is wrong about a break in would void your warranty, it does not sound LOGICAL!!

Alan

Alanasked

Hi, I own a house that had crimsafe already installed, it had vertical slide aluminium windows, the crimsafe covers the low side spill lip, at the bottom, so when it rains hard (yesterday) water cannot overflow so runs inside the house, bad install? new improved version?....is there a fix, thanks.

Russ

Russasked

I need to take the Crimsafe sliders off to get to the glass slider behind it. The glass slider has a wheel going bad, leaving little metal flakes, so it is about to come off or lock up. We use that slider alot. We have 3 dogs and it leads to the back yard. Can I take the Crimsafe slider off to get the glass slider off or does the whole Crimsafe slider frame have to come off?
Thanks,
Russ

Tangea Tansley

Tangea Tansleyasked

Hi -- We have several Crimsafe mesh security screensand the black paint appears to have worn off around the handle and on various parts of the doors. Is it possible to re-paint and, if so, what product works best? We've only just bought the house so I've no idea how long they've been installed, but I would imagine the warranty is no longer applicable. Best Tangea

Harvey Wilson

Mine was powdercoated, i dont know if you can get it in a can.

Karen Willis

Karen Willisasked

We are looking into purchasing the Crimsafe doors in AZ. Right now we have mesquites, small ones. Have you had any experience with the size of the holes in your screen?

Hi Karen, the screen holes are 1.5mmx1.5mm on Crimsafe .9mm mesh

Julie Sokcevic

Julie Sokcevicasked

To wash my crimsafe doors with car wash/wax do I dilute it as per instructions on the bottle? Cheers. Julie.

Rod G.

Hi Julie, we mix as per instructions and also try a dustpan brush as it will help clean the holes well.

Leigh A.

Leigh A.asked

We are having problems with our three doors. The front one actually was coming apart. Someone has come and fixed it. But, the doors keep locking. Then we need the key to open it when we have not locked it with the keys. Now our double door is locked and we cannot unlock it. What would the problem be. It is really annoying and dangerous. Not only that, why would it come apart.

Crimsafe T.Crimsafe

Hi Leigh, thank you for getting in touch. We would really like to investigate this further for you and rectify your complaint. Please can we ask that you send an email to info@crimsafe.com.au, titled 'Product Review' with your contact information and receipt of purchase. We will contact you directly upon receipt of your email. Best wishes, Crimsafe Team.

Nikki M.

Nikki M.asked

I have had made a crimsafe door made for my front door however now I have decided not to use it as it takes Away from the timber door. I have a back door id like to use it on but the door is smaller. My question is can I have the crimsafe door altered to fit a different door?

Ros B

Ros Basked

My doors are 2 years old they are covered in what looks like rust have always cleaned them with car wash & polish but it does not get the rust off now they have developed an unpleasant smell which I think is coming from rust. Can you help.

Lynthea

Lyntheaasked

Difference between Crimesafe (your product) & Amplimesh Supa & interudaguard.

PAM
PAM

We Felt that Crimsafe doors have better fixings and safety features and therefor a much better product from what research we were able to do. Thank You.

Tara

Taraasked

We have Crimsafe security doors. They weight of the door keeps breaking the hinges and the door drops and scraps the concrete. What can we do to stop this?

Karen H

Karen Hasked

I live on a canal on the Gold Coast. I notice there is a lot of salt build up at the bottom of all our Crimsafe doors facing the Canal which disppears when we clean the doors but doesn't take long to come back. Could you tell me if I could spray an anti-rust spray on these areas to prevent corrosion? Thanking you, Karen

Gregory Peck
Gregory Peck

Hi Karen,
It was suggested to us to wash the screens with car wash which has some wax in it rather than detergent.
Regards
Greg

Get an answer from our members and Crimsafe representatives