Dyson Supersonic

Listing monitored by Dyson

82 questions from our users

Julyta
Julytaasked

Will the US version not work in Portugal since voltage is not the same? Could I use a converter?

Cynde F.
Cynde F.asked

Can I plug my Dyson blow dryer into it extension cord?

DysonDyson

Dyson recommend plugging your machine directly into a wall outlet and can't make any recommendations around using extension cords, double adapters or powerboards.

If we can assist with any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via live chat, Facebook Messenger or phone. You can find our contact details here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

Jimmy L.
Jimmy L.asked

Hi, the dyson hair dryer I got for my wife has a delay when she on the dryer. All function works fine. The delay is about 1 to 2 sec. And doesn't happen all the time. Is that normal?

Monica T.asked

Hi if I bought the Dyson in Australia will it work in the USA? Do I need to buy a special adapter?

Trinket
Trinket

I’ve read that you can’t use the hairdryer outside of the country you purchased it from - even if you have an adapter - because of the differences in outlet output from country to country. Even if the adapter regulates these differences, from what I’ve heard from people that have travelled with it, the dryer won’t turn on at all.

Monica T.

That's a concern , many thanks !

DysonDyson

Thank you for your question. Apologies however the machine is not dual voltage and has not been tested on different voltages using a transformer/adaptor, we are not able to recommend this as it introduces a third party product which may damage the machine.

kks
kksasked

We are looking for a hairdryer that has an on button that only turns on and stays on if you are pushing that button.

DysonDyson

The Dyson Supersonic works with a switch that will stay in place. If slid to "on", the machine will remain on until it is slid back to off.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. You can find ways to get in touch here: https://www.dyson.com.au/support/contact-us

VEB
VEBasked

My wife’s Dyson hair dryer cuts out after about a minute of use. We cleaned the filter and have done all the resets! Still shuts off. Why?

DysonDyson

This is certainly not to be expected and we are only happy to help.

Please get in touch with our Dyson Experts via auaskdyson@dyson.com. If you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

Sallyb
Sallybasked

Hi I’m in the uk my supersonic hairdryer has cut off twice and end attachment feels red hot won’t work for about 15 minutes till it’s cooled down ?

DysonDyson

For best assistance, we would kindly encourage getting in touch with our Dyson Experts.

As you are not in Australia, please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area.

raywst
raywstasked

Is the limited gift edition, model HD03?
Does all the hairdryers have a brick size like power bank?
Some non-Australian model is just cord connected directly to the unit

DysonDyson

The Dyson Supersonic is available in a number of variants, however we can confirm the Dyson Supersonic Fuchsia/Nickel Limited Gift Edition is our latest machine.

Please be assured all Dyson Supersonics in Australia have no additional power management devices on the cord itself.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Ksc
Kscasked

Hi. Are there different plugs for the supersonic dyson? I’ve seen three different ones photographed.... I am worried my hair dryer isn’t the correct one now. Thank you..

Sue
Sueasked

My husband bought my DYSON supersonic hairdryer directly from DYSON. It is heavier then those I’ve held in the stores. The cord is thick with a large plastic case covering the plug. The dryer works properly, but the diffuser gets hot as well as the port it attaches to.
Are all these things normal??

DysonDyson

Thank you for your question.

This sounds quite unusual, so we are able to assist you further please reach out using the details provided on the order confirmation email.

Sindhu
Sindhuasked

Hi, I bought my dyson hair dryer and complete hairstyle set from USA. Can I use it in india?

DysonDyson

Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on the 240V power supply in India, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. The Dyson India team are available via ask@dyson.in and happy to help.

Emily
Emilyasked

Can you please tell me where I can buy a Dyson hairdryer for use in Italy? Is it possible to order it online for delivery to Italy? Thanks for your help.

DysonDyson

You can purchase a Dyson Supersonic directly from Dyson in Italy for delivery via this link: https://www.dyson.it/cura-dei-capelli/dyson-supersonic/visione.html

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts can be reached via help@dyson.it and are only happy to help.

Shared F.
Shared F.asked

Hi, I bought Dyson hair dryer a few months ago and it's turned off automatically when 1 minute of using and get on again after 1 minute. Can it be adjusted? Or we need to check on service center?

Jacynta H.
Jacynta H.asked

Hi - I cleaned the filter on my dyson hairdryer, now I cannot seem to push the filter back up in to the dryer??? Thanks

DysonDyson

The filter on your Dyson Supersonic should easily relocate as shown on the filter cleaning video (under "Maintaining your hair dryer") via this link: https://www.dyson.com.au/products/hair-care/dyson-supersonic-hair-dryer/owners-guide

If yours isn't, please get in touch with our Dyson Experts on 1800 239 766 (with your machine handy) and we will be happy to help. Our helpline are open Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

Marie-louise S.
Marie-louise S.asked

I have bought one Dylan hairdryer in Us and one in U.K. but I am going on holiday in Portugal please done tell me it’s not going to work in Europe ???

DysonDyson

As the UK and Portuguese Dyson Supersonic variants both have a similar voltage range, a UK machine may work in Portuguese with an adaptor, however we don't recommend it as we can't guarantee that it will work. As US machines are designed for the US power supply of 120V, this machine won't work as intended in Portugal.

If we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available and happy to help. To find the local contact information of the Dyson helpline in your area please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us".

Mateusz P.
Mateusz P.asked

I just bought HD03 dryer and I was going to use it with diffuser attachment. I have a feeling that the air coming out is too hot for my scalp. I measured the air temperature using a food thermometer placed in the centre, ca. 2 cm from the diffuser nozzle. Level 1 - 75*C, 2 - 100*C, 3 - 125*C. Is that correct temperatures or is my unit faulty?

DysonDyson

Normally we would expect the machine to offer the following heat options:
3 red lights - 100C fast drying and styling
2 red lights - 80C regular drying
1 red light - 60C cooler drying and diffusing
0 red lights - 28C constant cold

As a food thermometer isn't designed to take temperature readings of moving air, results may vary. When using with the diffuser, we encourage using it on the 60C setting.

That being said, If you believe your machine isn't working as it should, please email auaskdyson@dyson.com with your query and we will be happy to assist further.

Susan S.
Susan S.asked

What kind of outlet plug does the Dyson supersonic hair dryer have? US version.

DysonDyson

Dyson Supersonic machines are engineered to work in the country they are sold in. For machines purchased within the USA, they come with a US plug and will work on the 120V US power supply.

We hope this helps, but if we can assist further our Dyson Experts are available via help@dyson.com and happy to help.

Joana M.
Joana M.asked

Hi,

I bought a Dyson airwrap and it keeps shuting off while a red light is on... the filter is clean and I don't know what else to do...

ian
ianasked

hi
ive bought a dyson complete hair dryer US VERSION 110v will it work in the uk with a us plug adaptor or would i need a voltage convertor us - uk?

thanks

DysonDyson

Apologies for any disappointment, however Dyson Supersonic machines sold in the USA are designed to work on the US power supply with a voltage of 120V. If used on the UK 230V power supply, your machine won't work as intended and we can't recommend the use of adaptors or converters.

If we can assist further, please don't hesitate to get in touch. To find the contact details for Dyson Experts in your area please visit www.dyson.com and press "Contact Us" for the local contact details and opening hours.

Kathy Rogan
Kathy Roganasked

I bought my Dyson Hair Dryer approximately 2-1/2 years ago. I truly loved it. I turned it on last night to dry my hair, it worked for 30 seconds then shut off and will not turn back on no lights, nothing. The filter is clean. This is horrible for a hairdryer that costs $400+ How will you help in resolving this matter? Thank you

DysonDyson

We are sorry to hear about this and happy to help. So we can best assist, please give our Dyson Experts a call on 1800 239 766 with your machine handy. Our team are available Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and Saturday - Sunday 8:30am - 4pm AEST.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives

Other Hair Dryers