Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture

Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture Questions & Answers

20 questions from our users

Justin Casked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Bought a couch from Harvey Norman and was quoted 16 weeks due to corona virus. This is understandable and fair and one would think as they stated this that delays due to covid would have been factored into the 16 week delivery time. After following up multiple times i have been advised that it has been delayed another 6-7 weeks which would have impacted by decision to purchase the couch in the first place as waiting half a year for a couch would have been out of the question. Speaking with the store they have advised that a cancellation fee still applies. What is considered a reasonable amount of time before one can cancel or obtain a refund without the cancellation fee, I cannot find it in their T & C's.

andrew
andrew

i cant find it in the terms & conditions also so i simply contacted harvey norman customer service by phone & asked them

2ndhand
2ndhand

i also have waited for a bespoke table ...it says on my receipt a 20% of full price.cancellation fee will apply

Justin C

Speak to customer relations after calling. If it's beyond a reasonable time you are able to have them waive it and cancel.

Jeanette j

Jeanette jasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

I have a delle lou recliner lounge. The recliner mechanism's wire is broken in one of the chairs. I can get a new one, but I need to know the length of the cable that is needed. Is it possoble to find out the length as the original (broken) one is in pieces and some bits could be missing. Thankyou.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Get someone to contact them

Wiepko O.asked

Eagle Gaming Desk. Order online

Giantkiller
Giantkiller

Not familiar with this product, but I would not deal with Harvey Norman, as any spoken warranties are just that. Spoken about only. Shop online is good advice. G.T.

My request is The cost, of the unit incl delivery to Edgecliff NSW

Bronny bee!

Bronny bee!asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Hi, I ordered a new “ Beatrice” bed 3 weeks ago, but have just lost my job due to Corona virus. The bed was $1999 and I paid a $400 deposit, can I cancel the order? And will I get any money back?
Thanks.

contact the store

Michelle K.asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Can you return a lounge suite if it is to big

Is that no or yes

Fired Up

Why would the public know ?

george
george

I dont why you would be asking here for. the logical thing to do would be to ask the store

Ken S

Ken Sasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Is all Harvey Norman bedroom furniture complete for pick up or is it flat pack

ben dover
ben dover

Ask the store if you want the correct answer

Fired Up

Why ask here when you could ask HN directly

nitika a.asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

My order hasn't been delivered after 9 weeks... I am tiered waiting and want to cancel it now. What are my options ?

Katriona
Katriona

You need to talk to them about the delay and find out if they are waiting on the product to be delivered to them to on deliver to you. They may have it stuck on the dock. You would be entitled to cancel I am sure but then you may have to wait a while for your new order. Talking to them would be the best resolution

Will I get my deposit back? Or they are entitled to deduct 20%

john smith
john smith

The logical thing to do would be to contact the store asking here wont give you the answer

Mary H

Mary Hasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

I bought a lovely sofa from EOFY sale in Cannington. Was delivered last week. No problem there. However it is just too big in the small living space I have. I have not used it at all. Can I return for a refund.

minni
minni

ask the store

Noor A.

Noor A.asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

last 6 months, I bought bathroom vanity from Harvey Norman Liverpool.
Sale person told me this vanity is in warranty for one year.
and then I peace of mind and bought vanity with tap around 700 $
unfortunately but have some defect on material and after using all chick board pop it out,
Then when I claim warranty, to fix that issue, Harvey Norman guys said its water damage. It's not come out in the warranty. but on buy time Harvey Norman sale person said its come on waterproof warranty.
because vanity used in bathroom and water used on the bathroom. that's why I satisfied and bought, now they totally disagree.
Now sale person said you bought this vanity from FROME COMPANY, not for Harvey Norman, go and asked them not for us because the product belongs to FROME COMPANY, not for us.
but I gave money to Harvey Norman counter and I have the receipt. then what should i do???

micheal

Harvey Norman advised you to ask the FROME COMPANY ( whoever they are) so ask them

Fired Up

I assume you mean ‘chip board’.

Extract from ACCC website.
“The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer”.

Show HN this and if they still refuse then contact ACCC for correct guidance.
Also record the times, dates and employees names who you spoke to and their advice for subsequent legal action.

Jewelsasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

My partner purchased a bedroom suite (tallboy/sidetables etc) two years ago and it still smells awful. He thought the smell would go away but it hasnt. His clothes smell. The room even smells if the balcony door needs to be closed due to bad weather or we go away. we’ve tried everything from scented liners, furniture wax, airing them outside for a week. Nothing has worked. Has anyone else experienced this?

glenda547
glenda547

My husband and I bought a bedroom suite from Harvey Norman and we cannot get rid of the smell. They told us to leave all the drawers out but the smell is still there, we have tried everything to get rid of it. Anyone got any ideas?

Jewels

We spoke to the shop owner and after doing everything he suggested agreed to replace it. The new one, which is identical, has no smell.

jak

jakasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Bought dining table from Harvey Norman ALICE Springs less than 2 weeks ago. There was a tiny bit of polish gone from one of those corners. mishandling during transport. I didn’t bother that at all. Now table started to crack.little bit. Can you return this table to HN?

Viv

Vivasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Hi, how can i get a copy of the manual for my electric recliner? Need to find out how to lower it when the power has gone off...it is a coral bay kalama lou...works beautifully when the electricity is on.(grin) very hard to get out of during storms etc. barcode+115349; still have the tag from when i purchased it. Not sure which numbers on it will help you.

Fired Up

Sounds like you should be contacting HN directly.

Also you have a serious problem with your keyboard.

Sue R

Sue Rasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

My husband and I have purchased a Synargy Reclining 3 seater Lounge suite. (The middle section folds down nto convert to a two seater, and has a power board installed. The power board has two normal power outlets and two USB ports. Neither of the USB ports are working. Also the control that makes the reclining function work, has to be double pushed to function. This didn't happen when first installed. Can this part be replaced without having to return the complete recliner couch to the local store? (There is a 2 year warranty on the electrical componants.

A O’ Brien

A O’ Brienasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Hi, we bought a brown corner sofa aprox 8 years ago and it’s flaking even on parts of the sofa that no one even sits on. What is causing this please?

paully2012
paully2012

Hi, given the sofa is eight years old I would expect some flaking if its faux leather. The sun will also cause it to flake.

Wary shopper
Wary shopper

I’d say it’s not genuine leather, just bonded leather

Bec

Becasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

I bought a glass and chrome dining setting from Harvey Norman now the top glass panel has actually come unfixed from it's fixing have emailed pictures made calls to the store in question and still have heard nothing back after months besides going into the store and talking to someone in person as it is a fair way from my residence what other options do I have?

jpc43
jpc43

Call them & give them one more chance if you hear nothing go to the consumers traders & tennants tribunal ( thru fair trading) & lodge a case with them. I had the same problem with Harvey norman, They wouldn't return phone calls, wasn't interested in fixing faulty goods & the store just kept coming up with the most ridiculous excuses & basically wasn't interested. As soon as the consumers & traders tribunal contacted them I had 5 calls from Harvey Norman within in 2 days & they were made replace the faulty item.

Ljstew

Ljstewasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

What would Harvey Norman cairns store charge to have a lounge suite delivered to Clifton Brach?

Dora XP
Dora XP

You would have to get in contact with the store to see where they deliver and if they have in stock and how long before you get it , I don't work for Harvey Norman but was enquiring myself when I was in a store to buy a lounge suite, and was surprised at the time I had to wait for that lounge suite was 6-8 weeks , each one could be different and you could ask them if allowed if you could find your own freight if you preferred , hope this helps , have great day

Didi
Didi

don't deal with them! 3 months to get one delivered in a suburb in a regional country town! Then damaged!

Sha

Shaasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

I am purchased a leather 2 seater recliner from Harvey Norman and they tell me I have to assemble it myself is this true

Pieter M

I don't work for Harvey Norman so can't really answer your question. It is not unusual, however, for some items to be "flat packed" ... Ikea is a good example ... irrespective of the retailer. This should have been mentioned to you prior to purchase. If not, I would suggest you speak to the manager of the store. Hope this helps

Phoebs
Phoebs

Depending on the style of lounge, it is usual for the legs to be put on after delivery by the customer. If its a reclining type lounge, usually the customer just had to click it together. Its really not hard. If the lounge were to be delivered with the legs on, it could get damaged in the delivery truck. I have shopped for a lot of furniture, and found Harvey Norman to be one of the best stores to get furniture from. Just imagine if you were shopping at Ikea. Everything needs assembly there.

Rary009

Rary009asked

Retail Stores - Furniture

We have ordered a lounge (Delle leather) and paid a deposit but told it can take 10 weeks. Now 7 weeks later the lounge is advertised for $400 less (even though at the time we were told they could not budge on the price). Given we haven't taken delivery are we able to pay the sale price?

Pieter M

I don't work for Harvey Norman so cannot really answer your question with any certainty. However, my past experience is to speak to the store manager, if you cannot get help from any sales staff.

Rog

Rogasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

Who is the Manager of the Marion store in South Australia. I am not impressed with the customer service response to my concerns. Roger

Harvey Norman
Harvey N.Harvey Norman

Hi Roger, thanks for your feedback and apologies for your experience. Please visit the below link, leaving your contact number and email, and select the Marion store -- filling in this form will put you in contact with management at the Marion store.
Best regards, Art - HN Customer Service

DAVID

DAVIDasked

Retail Stores - Furniture

when you purchase product from Harvey Norman, did the salesperson tell you, you have to pay 20% cancellation/restock fee if you want to cancel the order before you pay the money?

Nope, why?

Nah fhey sidnt

sllo
sllo

Nope, they didnt tell us about that.

Get an answer from our members and Harvey Norman representatives