iiNet NBN

NBN 50, NBN 12, NBN 100, NBN 25
3.2 from 3,067 reviews

4 questions from our users

Milan D.asked

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Jan H.asked

NBN 50

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Neddyasked

NBN 12

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

- Joshy

June
June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers