412 questions from our users

Masha

Mashaasked

Got preapproval from the bank and wanted to get in contract ASAP. But house we originally picked won't fit apparently. After all that we has been given only two options of designs! Two!!! Surely on the 800m2 block even with all the boundaries and gentle slop i can pick something we like out of all those designs not just been given something it not even appear to us.?

Sandy

Sandyasked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

My Name is Theo. Our bath drain is blocked, called a plumber whom had much difficulty unblocking the block. Drilled a hole through adjacent wall to poke a camera in to see the pipe plumbing. Found a convoluted tube which was used in the plumbing process was kinked , which can only have happened on installation of bath when new. Our plumber advised this problem will continually occur.The house is approx 9 years old, where do we stand in reference to a faulty installation from new? appreciate your reply ?

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

We were planning to build our first investment property in Geelong with Metricon and went to sales office ( in early 2018). Sales representative was rude ( although he displayed his awards as one of the best sales rep.s) and we felt like we were kicked off when we mentioned our budget. This wasn't what we expected from such a renowned company. We would have stretched our budget a bit and give them a chance if he talked to us nicely and politely considering our needs. However, we then built a nice home with another builder over the expectations.
Then, for the second investment property, we went to Ballarat Metricon sales office (recently-late2019) and unbelievably, same thing happened. The person there didn't even ask us to sit and talked to us ignoring our needs. There was no nice welcome like in many other builders ( this was clearly seen as we went to several different builders). We've been told that they can't beat others prices and no point of wasting their time on this. For the second time, we felt really bad about the company.
Dear Metricon, please try to change your sales representatives attitudes toward customers as this can impact a lot on your sales!

Team M.Metricon

We appreciate you reaching out to share your concerns. The experience you've described is no way what we aim for with customer service and feedback of this nature is taken very seriously. We assure you this will be raised with Sales Management. Should you wish to provide any further information, we are available directly via customercare@metricon.com.au. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Emily

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

hi do you rebrick house in glenroy

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your query, Adele. Being a volume builder, we don't offer custom builds or services. We suggest contacting a local trade for further information regarding rebricking. If you are a Metricon customer and have a query about brickwork, please raise this via My Metricon for your Service & Warranty Coordinator to assist.
Thanks again. Emily

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

hi do you do rebricking i am in glenroy melbounre

Bordeauxasked

Hi,

Can you please tell me the Internal wall paint colour and the name of the tile of the Bordeaux In Kellyville Nsw ?

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your query. If you're a current Metricon customer, your assigned representative will be able to assist you further regarding colours and products used in our displays. Alternatively, our suppliers, Dulux Paint and National Tiles would be able to provide more information relating to their products. Thanks again, Emily

Bordeaux

Im not a Metricon customer but I managed to track it down its called Corfu marfil. Surely if you are advertising a certain companys tile you could at least give out the name of the tile for them so that company may benefit from it. I find it so silly that you and Metricon even when I called were unwilling to share such a small detail. It is no wonder why we & most are unwilling to work with such a company. Not doing so well with your customers reviews either by the looks of things.

Sunjay Guptar
Sunjay Guptar

Its so silly, when people already know theyre not going to buy a product, but still think theyre entitled to reap all the benefits/information of a paying customer! They do not have to tell you a paint colour, especially if youre not spending money with them! Its like going into a restaurant, and asking to use the bathroom, when you already know youre not going to buy anything. Im sure youd be doing the same, if it was your own business! * Sigh - People who think theyre entitled! If you want a paint colour, then go to a bloody paint store and stop wasting peoples time!

kkkasked

one of the worst experience with Metricon be careful guys
they promise something different in the beggining but when you pay ur deposite things are totally different ... I lost my 1500 deposit dollares ....

Team M.Metricon

We appreciate you taking the time to make comment. It is usual practice of builders to receive a deposit to proceed with initial works. This would cover preliminary investigations, including soil testing and design works. We would be more than happy to look into your deposit details should you wish and welcome you to contact us directly via customercare@metricon.com.au. Looking forward to hearing from you. Emily

kkk

The sales man was very over smart ..he was hiding the things from the beginning..he said different things but the person who was going to make our final contract he said no we cant do that what sales man said ...I cant believe that
I dont know why that sales man did hide those things
When I asked him to return my deposit he said no you have to pay 200 more
Again Im saying it was so bad experience with Metricone
Especially with that sales man

MaryAHasked

Does anyone know or have contact details for the manger/ head of service and warranty claims at Metricon in Victoria.
Ive had my issue completely dismissed by a staff member in that team and I find it completely unacceptable that no effort or attempts to actually understand or investigate the issue were undertaken. The team member I spoke to was completely dismissive and made no effort to actually understand our circumstances or that fact that every point she made refuting my claims were ridiculous. I would like to escalate further within Metricon before taking the matter straight to Consumer Affairs. I have multiple trades willing to support my case in writing.

Team M.Metricon

Hi Mary, we'd very much like to have a look into the concerns you've raised. If you could contact us at customercare@metricon.com.au with some more detail about the issues mentioned, and either your Metricon Contract Number or full site address, that would be great. We look forward to hearing from you and addressing this further. Emily

MaryAH

I have managed to get in contact with the relevant individuals within Metricon and the issue is being investigated.

Team M.Metricon

That's great, thanks Mary. If there is anything we can help with moving forward, please feel free to contact us directly via the email address provided above.

Emily

Leigh

Leighasked

QLD, Robina

Has anyone built a Metricon home in Brisbane's South West? Would love to hear about your experience, especially the quality of the finish and resolution of any issues you may have had a long the way . Thank you

Libby F.
Libby F.

Terrible

Mani

Maniasked

On average how much would the Doulton 50 with upgrades cost for a knock down re-build in Melbourne North East

Paul M.
Paul M.

No idea

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your inquiry about the Doulton 50, Mani. Our team of New Home Advisors can provide information on our home designs including pricing. Should you wish to be put in touch with one of our New Home Advisors who specialises in your area, please contact us directly on 1300 786 773. Thanks again. Emily

Linda J.

Linda J.asked

VIC, Regional Victoria

Can you tell me if the Contemporary & Chateau are standard facades for the Winchester 34 as the Aspire is.

Praneel Singh
Praneel Singh

Hi Linda I built the Glendale and went with the isla facade. Not sure if they are standard. Contact David from the Clydevale estate and he will be able to assist.

Team M.Metricon

Hi Linda, currently the Contemporary and Chateau are considered standard facades for the Winchester 34. For further information and assistance let us know if you would like to be put in touch with our sales teams. Thanks - Daniel - Metricon Customer Care.

Arun

Arunasked

Can I please get the name of the national warranty services manager in Melbourne. I have issues with my house which the nsw warranty service team are not willing to look into.

Ruddy Setiadi
Ruddy Setiadi

Sorry can't help as I do not know who is the national warranty service manager in Melbourne.

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for getting in touch with your query about Service & Warranty Managers, Arun. We acknowledge your concerns and will send you a direct message for some more information so we can investigate further. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Emily - National Customer Care Consultant.

Naimeasked

We have just received our house keys for new home. It is "Lane" brand. no information or any paperwork have been handed to inform us how to obtain spare ones as we need more copies than what we have given.. any idea? Dropped by Bunnings special order desk but they weren't helpful. Thanks

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for getting in touch with your query, Naime. Regarding keys to yur new home, if you wish to have extra keys made we suggest visiting a specialised key cutting service or locksmith. Thanks again, Emily

Naime

well, I Thought these keys , specially front door one has a special code and cant be duplicated without a form or code provided from supplier.. will try regular key cutting service as your advise.. thanks.

Regan A.

Regan A.asked

Good day. Is there anyone in NSW that has built the Elysian29 with Metricon? I would love to chat and ask a few questions regarding the home features.

Gavin B.
Gavin B.

Don't both goto another builder you will be far better off from my experience.

LizT

LizTasked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Who can I contact for lifetime structure regarding metricom homes

Team M.Metricon

Liz, thanks for your question. It depends at what point of the journey you are at. Should you want to know more about the Terms & Conditions, these are available at: https://www.metricon.com.au/terms-conditions. Alternatively, if you are at the start of the build journey, you can discuss this with a member of our Sales/New Home Advisor team. Should you be at the other end of your build journey, please contact us on 1300 METRICON (638 742) and the Customer Service team can put you in touch with Service & Warranty. We hope this has answered and helped with your question. Have a great day.
- Nathan (Customer Care)

Dulmini d.asked

NSW, Baulkham Hills

Hi There,

I built my house in 2017. My toilet is not flushing and I don’t know where to go buy the correct valve as I think I need to replace the flush valve.

Any ideas greatly appreciated on an urgent basis.

Shaz

Hi Dulmini,

Thanks for your question, for any post build related enquiries or service and warranty matters please contact the service and warranty team via email (serviceandwarrantynsw@metricon.com.au) who will be able to assist further.

The team will endeavor to get back to you within two business days.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have emailed the above and called the general line many times and left messages as there is no direct line to Service and Warranty Department.

No one got back to me.

I ended up getting a plumber yesterday and spent $340 to get the toilet fixed which I am not happy about.

I also included in my email to Service and Warranty Department that none of my doors are locking - a gust of wind will open all doors including bathroom doors! I have a few other issues as well that I had included in the email to Service and Warranty.

It will be great if someone can get back to me please. My email is
dul _mini2014@outlook.com.

Dulmini

Rajiv S.asked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

I have recently purchased a Metricon house that has been constructed after knocking down the old property. The vendors have not stayed in this place at all. I can see that the property is NOT registered in the NBN database. NBN has advised me that a separate application has to be put in and it will take nearly 6 months for the application to be processed. Also Telstra have confirmed to me that since this region already has NBN rolled out they can’t provide ADSL or cable broadband to the property and any internet connection can only be provided after NBN registration is completed. They are also surprised that NBN application has not been put by the builder and advised me that nearly all the applications for registration of newly constructed property for NBN is put in by the builder and the builders are advised to do so at least 6 months prior to house hand over. When I tried to do this application on my own I see questions that only a builder can answer (such as, where is the telecommunication conduit planned to be installed?). Please note that this house has already been handed over and I have no idea to such a question. My attempts to contact the service and warranty team has been unsuccessful with no one returning my call. I shall greatly appreciate if you may kindly advise me what I should do. Thanks.

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for getting in touch, please contact your local service and warranty team at serviceandwarrantymelbourne@metricon.com.au as all post build requests need to be made in writing.
The team look forward to assisting you further.

Thanks,
Daniel

Rajiv S.

My email sent last week still remains unanswered and hence shall I say that a written request has already been placed for your kind information. I have no idea who is the person looking after our property as this was not a place I had built and have only purchased it from the vendors. As doctors it is shocking for us that we will be moving to a Metricon home that will not have an internet connection for 6 months.

Dyz

Dyzasked

Hi,

Can I terminate and cancel the Preliminary contract with no penalties after I signed it?

Regards,
Andrew

Team M.Metricon

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your question. If costs have been incurred on the file including obtaining foundations data for the specific land, then Metricon is entitled to retain the costs associated with this. However, any monies that have not been spent on the file will be refunded. We've sent you a private message so we can check the status of the file for you and advise you further. Many thanks

Michelleasked

Hi everyone,

We have been advised by the Department of Fair Trading that we can lodge a complaint about unfair delays if the delay is past what a 'reasonable person' would accept.

We are building with Metricon (unfortunately), and Metricon has claimed Practical Completion - that is, the construction period has finished (therefore this time no longer counts in our 42 week building period, and no penalties are applying to Metricon for the length of time they take)

At the end of July, 26/7/19, we were told handover would be "a few weeks", but so far it has been 8 weeks and still no keys. No one at Metricon is giving me a clear timeframe of when my house will be handed over, and I have to keep delaying furniture delivery, and other workers arranged to work on our pool etc. Not to mention paying $700 a week rent, with no end in sight.

What do all you out there in Product Review Land consider to be a reasonable timeframe between construction finishing, and us getting our keys? Can anyone share their timeframes so I have a comparison point before I lodge my formal complaint with the Department?

Michelle

Nevermind, I'll go ask in the HomeOne Forum :)

James

Jamesasked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

we build a home in clyde north about a year ago. I think the slab leaks as whenevr there is rain the corner of one of the room down staris get wet. what do I do who to call?

Team M.Metricon

Hi James, thanks for your message. Were sorry to read of the concerns your having. For any post-build related inquiries, please contact your local service and warranty team at: ServiceandWarrantyMelbourne@metricon.com.au also, be sure to include any photos or videos that may help assist with the claim. Should there be anything further, please contact our friendly team on 1300 METRICON (1300 638 742). Kind regards

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives