424 questions from our users

Abc A.

Abc A.asked

Has anyone built with Metricon on the Central Coast / Gosford area? Would appreciate any experiences good and bad? Any good contact person?

accounts-pr82821

accounts-pr82821asked

Hi all. We are looking into building with Metricon and I’m curious if the listed price that they give you at the display is truely the starting price or if anyone has negotiated a lower starting price. Seems the best advise is that the final price is going to be 20-30 % + more anyway so I was wondering if a house listed at say 350k ever starts at 300k after negotiation.

Andrew Coon
Andrew Coon

I'm not sure about getting a lower price, you may be able to talk more inclusions at no price.
You may also like to use a Builders Advocate, we used Ninedots Consulting and they got us better pricing on things as well as oversee the whole build process. https://www.ninedots.com.au/

Thanks Andrew, appreciate the feedback. Can I ask what sort of additional cost did the Builders Advocate add to the project?

My other question is around having additional services run myself during first fitout. I've been through a few renovations and have ensured that things like tv cable/ ethernet cable/ security cable is run into every room (myself) even if not terminated so as to be in the wall and ready when/if required. Is that permissable with Metricon?

Shainnahasked

Hi there,

I was wondering what the brand / name was for your tap wear throughout the Bayville 49A signature range please? It is beautiful - My husband and i adore the house and have the plans from the man working there. We have gone through some details but forgot to ask about the taps.

Thanks!

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your product enquiry, Shainnah, and apologies for the delay in coming back to you. The tap ware in our Bayville 49A Signature by Metricon display home is provided by Parisi, and comes from their Herimatge range. You can find more information about this collection here: http://www.parisi.com.au/collections/hermitage/. We hope this answers your question. Please let us know if we can help any further.
National Customer Care
customercare@metricon.com.au

Shainnah

Thankyou very much for getting back to me! They are beautiful.

Khalidasked

How long does it take metricon to fix a fault e. g. Water leakage once loddged on my metricon since it is urgent?

Khalid

& it's not been a week since we got the keys and haven"t even started living there.

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for raising your question, Khalid. Currently we are experiencing delays to our service expectations based on the unforeseen weather events in New South Wales. Our team is currently working tirelessly to get through these requests, with most of them being an urgent/escalated nature. Currently we are looking at an approximate turn-around time frame of 5 business days. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
National Customer Care

GeneH
GeneH

Hi Khalid, try up to months to get action. I'm 4.5 months post construction, and I have serious defects. Metricon staff have been immensely frustrating to deal with, frequently do not pick up the phone, very slow to respond and will ignore voice messages and emails requesting a response. It's been immensely stressful dealing with them. This is my recent review: https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/0d4ab677-eb7f-487e-97c6-a4597c38397c

Alena S.

Alena S.asked

Hi There

We selected home and land package. Paid deposit on 25th of Nov to proceed to contract.

Since then :
1. We don’t Seem to get anything without errors.
2. No contract
3. sales consultant attempt to make us sign papers that have wrong house on it. Scribbles and asks for signatures . We are shocked .

It feels so far that no one is interested to get us started and looked at. And all sales consultant does is throwing dust in the eyes to buy time . Is this normal?

Elena Kazurova

Ronny
Ronny

Hi Alena, what will happen is they’ll overload you with documents and emailed DocuSign’s what happened with us was some items were taken off the quote and we didn’t notice until later. So the price doesn’t get altered even though they’ve removed items, and it’s gets harder track as it gets lost in the overloaded paper trail. I honestly thought by going to Metricon and paying bit more then the other builders that I would be getting a better result that’s not the case. The site manager rushed us and stupidly I trusted him. Also don’t trust there inspector as they bias and don’t highlight many defects. My experience has ended frustration and they keep adding to it by not wanting to fix these defects. I’m sorry to say they are full of crap & I hope you don’t have to through what I’ve experienced.

Team M.Metricon

Alena, we appreciate you raising your concerns from your sales journey, to date. We take this opportunity to escalate these details internally to Metricon Sales Management to investigate and determine resolution. We hope to come back to you within the following days.
Regards, Nathan

Greg
Greg

......with Metricon you must first buy a computer with a separate usb drive for a massive number of messages/e-mails and attachments, the printer with a scanner, and ream of paper. You must also have a program to convert files to pdf and of course the appropriate knowledge how to handle it. Be prepared that after visiting their studio, choosing any additions, colors, signing the documentation, they will send you the next documents - the same for re-signing. They just lose them. If you make changes in even 2 positions in the presence of a Metricon salesman - they makes changes in the system, sends them to the office. You can again receive the next messages with attachments to print and sign it . It's getting a total mess from these confirmations of confirmations and at one point you notice that the price has risen in several positions for no reason. For the same products that were selected on the day of the main selection. This is a deliberate tactic aimed at completely confusing the client. Everything is there to hide the lack of organization in Metricon and to draw extra money ...... And all in accordance with the law.

Alisa K.

Alisa K.asked

Hi!
Does anyone know the external colours used on Bayville in Rochdale QLD?
Many thanks in advance!

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your colours enquiry for our beautiful Bayville Display home in Rochedale, Queensland. As these are specific design details relating to a Metricon Display Home, they fall within intellectual property therefore can only be released to current customers building with us. Should you be building with Metricon, please contact your New Home Advisor, Pre-Site Manager or Studio M Associate for design details or inspiration. Alternatively, if you would like to explore products of this nature, we would encourage you to contact our national supplier, Dulux for further information.

Thanks and have a great day.

Tiz

Tizasked

Hi,
Could you please advise the kitchen cabinet colours in the new Riviera 65 display home in the Gold Coast?
thanks

Mirabbs
Mirabbs

Hi, I am not the right person to ask. you might need to contact sales person on this one.

Team M.Metricon

Hi Tiz, thanks for your query regarding our beautiful Riviera display home on the Gold Coast. If you're a Metricon customer, your New Home Advisor or Pre Site Manager will be able to assist you further. Alternatively, your local Laminex supplier can provide information on their products and colour selections. Thanks, Emily.

klas

klasasked

I'm building a Vantage 48 in Vic , i would like some one to confirm the finishes of the voids in the home,
i would like clarification of if there should be skirting boards covering the plaster join half way up the wall.
i have compared the extras list from the contact signing and it is NOT listed as an extra Dining or the Entry.
NO ONE can clarify this for me but comparing apples with apples i think that it should be a flush wall.

Hi Klas
Congratulations on selecting the Vantage 48 as your new home, we are excited to participate with you on this journey.
After consulting with our Product team we are happy to provide the following clarification.
As standard, timber strips are applied to joints in stair voids and the living areas are timber strip free with what is called a P35 joint. The P35 joint can be applied to stair voids (as displayed), however, these can be upgraded as personal preference dictates.
If you should have any further questions or queries, your construction team will be more than happy to assist you along the way.
Thank you for question and we look forward to you moving into your new home.

Jenny
Metricon National Customer Care

JMTC

JMTCasked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

Yes was wondering what type of skirting was used in a colarado 21 built in 2004. Need to find similiar skirting.

Hi JMTC
I am guessing you require to replace some skirting boards in your property? If so, can you provide me with your building contract number and property address so we can locate the file in archives. Please be aware this may take some time seeing it goes back to 2004.
Looking forward to your reply.
Metricon National Customer Care

pdiasked

Is there any contact number for customer care or it is possible via email only? I am trying to reach customer care and sent few emails, but still waiting for response....

Gianluca
Gianluca

You could try speaking to our Senior Building Support coordinator on 8887 9725 or otherwise call their general customer number which is 1300786773

pdi

Issue is Beyond Building support coordinator and customer care reps. over call is clueless of issue or what is being talked and whom to approach.....it's been 3 weeks since the concerns are raised...

Lorrie

Lorrieasked

I am having a problem connecting my G-BOX Q3 I cannot get the icon on the TV any help?

Hi Lorrie

Happy New Year!

Thank you for your question and our sincerest apologies we could not respond to you earlier. We have been closed for the festive season holidays and hope you have been able to connect your G-Box Q3 since. However, if you are still having difficulties, l have sourced some helpful information for you to try and troubleshoot your connection issue. Please follow this link: https://droidworld.com.au/question/getting-no-signal-on-tv-blank-screen/

I trust this solves your issues and happy streaming.

Simion

Simionasked

Hello,
we have moved in a new house built by Metricon. Since about 3 weeks ago I reported a toilet drainage issue. This started approximately 2 weeks after we moved in. This most probably is either bad pipes layout or a pipe if filled with construction debris. I haven't seen a blocked toilet in 20 years and now I have one on brand new house, it is almost unbelievable.
The thing is in almost 3 weeks Metricon have been unable to get somebody to really investigate this issue.
Then I have doors which do not close.
Nothing can be logged via My Metricon because my account do not exist even in the handover documents it says it is. So I communicated a couple of time via phone with some individuals who never follow up, neither update us with the status.

I am wondering how would be that anybody from Metricon to pay $400,000+ for a brand new house, then to have issues and the builder ignore you ? Is this some Metricon resolve method to ignore the customers in the warranty period ? It seems like some pattern by looking at these online reviews. I cannot otherwise explain how in 3 weeks really nothing is fixed.

Masha

Mashaasked

Got preapproval from the bank and wanted to get in contract ASAP. But house we originally picked won't fit apparently. After all that we has been given only two options of designs! Two!!! Surely on the 800m2 block even with all the boundaries and gentle slop i can pick something we like out of all those designs not just been given something it not even appear to us.?

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments, Masha.
All land is subject to a planning scheme, run by the local council. Every council has different forms of criteria that must be met and taken into consideration when building a new home,
Without having the privilege of knowing which local council your block of land falls under it can be difficult to go into the many and varied reasons you feel your choices may be limited. For further clarification please contact your New Home Advisor, who is in the best position to advise and assist you in this area or alternatively your local council. Jenny

Sandyasked

VIC, Metropolitan Melbourne

My Name is Theo. Our bath drain is blocked, called a plumber whom had much difficulty unblocking the block. Drilled a hole through adjacent wall to poke a camera in to see the pipe plumbing. Found a convoluted tube which was used in the plumbing process was kinked , which can only have happened on installation of bath when new. Our plumber advised this problem will continually occur.The house is approx 9 years old, where do we stand in reference to a faulty installation from new? appreciate your reply ?

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for getting in touch, Theo. We apologise for the delay in responding. Our Service & Warranty team is the most appropriate to assist and will be more than happy to look into this for you. We will be in touch via direct message to seek further information for your concerns to be addressed. Jenny

Sandy

Thank you Jenny for your reply, and looking into our issue to hopefully resolve.

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

We were planning to build our first investment property in Geelong with Metricon and went to sales office ( in early 2018). Sales representative was rude ( although he displayed his awards as one of the best sales rep.s) and we felt like we were kicked off when we mentioned our budget. This wasn't what we expected from such a renowned company. We would have stretched our budget a bit and give them a chance if he talked to us nicely and politely considering our needs. However, we then built a nice home with another builder over the expectations.
Then, for the second investment property, we went to Ballarat Metricon sales office (recently-late2019) and unbelievably, same thing happened. The person there didn't even ask us to sit and talked to us ignoring our needs. There was no nice welcome like in many other builders ( this was clearly seen as we went to several different builders). We've been told that they can't beat others prices and no point of wasting their time on this. For the second time, we felt really bad about the company.
Dear Metricon, please try to change your sales representatives attitudes toward customers as this can impact a lot on your sales!

Team M.Metricon

We appreciate you reaching out to share your concerns. The experience you've described is no way what we aim for with customer service and feedback of this nature is taken very seriously. We assure you this will be raised with Sales Management. Should you wish to provide any further information, we are available directly via customercare@metricon.com.au. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Emily

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

hi do you rebrick house in glenroy

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your query, Adele. Being a volume builder, we don't offer custom builds or services. We suggest contacting a local trade for further information regarding rebricking. If you are a Metricon customer and have a query about brickwork, please raise this via My Metricon for your Service & Warranty Coordinator to assist.
Thanks again. Emily

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

hi do you do rebricking i am in glenroy melbounre

Bordeauxasked

Hi,

Can you please tell me the Internal wall paint colour and the name of the tile of the Bordeaux In Kellyville Nsw ?

Team M.Metricon

Thanks for your query. If you're a current Metricon customer, your assigned representative will be able to assist you further regarding colours and products used in our displays. Alternatively, our suppliers, Dulux Paint and National Tiles would be able to provide more information relating to their products. Thanks again, Emily

Bordeaux

Im not a Metricon customer but I managed to track it down its called Corfu marfil. Surely if you are advertising a certain companys tile you could at least give out the name of the tile for them so that company may benefit from it. I find it so silly that you and Metricon even when I called were unwilling to share such a small detail. It is no wonder why we & most are unwilling to work with such a company. Not doing so well with your customers reviews either by the looks of things.

Sunjay Guptar
Sunjay Guptar

Its so silly, when people already know theyre not going to buy a product, but still think theyre entitled to reap all the benefits/information of a paying customer! They do not have to tell you a paint colour, especially if youre not spending money with them! Its like going into a restaurant, and asking to use the bathroom, when you already know youre not going to buy anything. Im sure youd be doing the same, if it was your own business! * Sigh - People who think theyre entitled! If you want a paint colour, then go to a bloody paint store and stop wasting peoples time!

kkkasked

one of the worst experience with Metricon be careful guys
they promise something different in the beggining but when you pay ur deposite things are totally different ... I lost my 1500 deposit dollares ....

Team M.Metricon

We appreciate you taking the time to make comment. It is usual practice of builders to receive a deposit to proceed with initial works. This would cover preliminary investigations, including soil testing and design works. We would be more than happy to look into your deposit details should you wish and welcome you to contact us directly via customercare@metricon.com.au. Looking forward to hearing from you. Emily

kkk

The sales man was very over smart ..he was hiding the things from the beginning..he said different things but the person who was going to make our final contract he said no we cant do that what sales man said ...I cant believe that
I dont know why that sales man did hide those things
When I asked him to return my deposit he said no you have to pay 200 more
Again Im saying it was so bad experience with Metricone
Especially with that sales man

MaryAHasked

Does anyone know or have contact details for the manger/ head of service and warranty claims at Metricon in Victoria.
Ive had my issue completely dismissed by a staff member in that team and I find it completely unacceptable that no effort or attempts to actually understand or investigate the issue were undertaken. The team member I spoke to was completely dismissive and made no effort to actually understand our circumstances or that fact that every point she made refuting my claims were ridiculous. I would like to escalate further within Metricon before taking the matter straight to Consumer Affairs. I have multiple trades willing to support my case in writing.

Team M.Metricon

Hi Mary, we'd very much like to have a look into the concerns you've raised. If you could contact us at customercare@metricon.com.au with some more detail about the issues mentioned, and either your Metricon Contract Number or full site address, that would be great. We look forward to hearing from you and addressing this further. Emily

MaryAH

I have managed to get in contact with the relevant individuals within Metricon and the issue is being investigated.

Team M.Metricon

That's great, thanks Mary. If there is anything we can help with moving forward, please feel free to contact us directly via the email address provided above.

Emily

Get an answer from our members and Metricon representatives