Rinnai HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous
Part of Rinnai HOTFLO 1.5

Rinnai HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous Questions & Answers

jnu123
jnu123 · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

This HWS is described as Instantaneous unit, while other Rinnai HWS is 'Continuous Flow Hot Water', what is the difference between Instantaneous and Continuous Flow Rinnai HWS?

Rinnai   DM

Hi jun123, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

John
John

Wish I could help but we have been waiting for Rinnai to replace our hws under warranty for about 4 months.

Rinnai   DM

Hi John, We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

jnu123
jnu123 · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

All 1 star bad reviews, can anyone confirm if this unit has been made in Japan or other countries?

I remember all other Rinnai Continuous Flow HWS including builder series B16/B20/B26 are made in Japan.

Tomo
Tomo

No idea where it is made but it broke 14 months after I had it installed so regardless of manufacture location, it was faulty

Polly · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

Could anyone please let me know where the pilot light is on this system. Have no hot water and figure this may be the problem. Have had nothing but problems with this system.

Rinnai   DM

Hi Polly, Thanks for the question.

The Hotflo 10 burner lights automatically when the hot water tap is opened, and goes out when the hot water tap is closed. This unit does not have a pilot light.

We would recommend either contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3). Alternatively, book a service call using the following link:

external link

Regards,

karen t.
karen t. · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

Can you please confirm if this system is comparable with natural and LPG gas
Thankyou Karen

Rinnai   DM

Hi karen t. Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Axel.S.
Axel.S. · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

We have no issue with hot water when it fires up!! Our issue is we have to remove front cover and light up with a lighter...battery ok and sparks but wont fire up without using the lighter.

Rinnai   DM

Hi Axel,S, thanks for the question. We would recommend talking to our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Polly

Could you please tell me where the pilot light is? Where you fired it up? I can't find it.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Rinnai   DM

Hi Polly, Thanks for the question.

external link

Regards,

Scott
Scott · HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

This unit is installed in a remote area and does not get a lot of use. In the 6 months I have had it it has only been used 20 or 30 times, Now it has stopped working. Plenty of waster pressure going into the unit,full gas bottle,new battery. Can anybody tell me what to do. The unit was reccomended and I thought I had made a good choice,but maybe not,

Any clues ?.

phil
phil

IF totally buggered it should be under warranty (1300555545 Rinnai serv no at least in WA)

ours is working ok now that we turned the water flow & temp adj clockwise to decr water flow AND my plumber removed the Govt required Temp Limiting device which most plumbers say is the problem if water not hot enough/( nanny state... put in.so babies dont get scalded)

ps..when my solar panel rebate finishes in 4 yrs, I'll be cutting off all gas to house, buying the biggest storage batt & solar hot water elec boosted)

J C Deep
J C Deep

We have since got it working 95% of the time - we had to completely open up the gas regulator which the manual says must be installed (plumber showed me how) and we have to be very careful of air bubbles inside the hot water system (requires draining of the HWS on the inlet side to try and fix). Also I highly recommend removing any flow restrictors on any taps/shower heads You want to ensure your water is flowing at more than 4 litres per minute. I did this by placing a bucket under the outlet, turn on hot water only and see how much water goes into it over a minute - a bucket is usually about 10 litres. You need 4 litres for the HWS to attempt to warm the water. The Temp limiting device might be a factor if there is air bubbles in the HWS - however we still have ours as set up and in summer the water is hot, in winter it is just warm, we are considering setting up a pre-heater for the water before next winter.

Rinnai   DM

Thanks for the question Scott, it can be hard to provide a diagnosis without examining the unit. We do have a technical help line who can troubleshoot over the phone and arrange a service call out if required. If the fault is a manufacturing issue, you are still within your warranty period for the unit.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Select a listing for your question
Rinnai HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous