Youfoodz Questions & Answers

4.5 from 12,594 reviews

242 questions from our users

Justin S.

Justin S.asked

are you guys ndis providers:?

Patasked

Can you please tell me how to recycle the ice pack? On your website it says "Our Thermoshield ice packs are recyclable once the gel is emptied". Where do I empty the gel? If its silica gel I would really not like it end up in our waterways

P.J.W
P.J.W

I give to friends to keep in their freezer to reuse when shopping to keep frozen cold or when on picnics there are lots of ways to reuse even good for sprains as ice pack

Pat

Thanks for that but I am talking about how to dispose of them. Every household may only stash one to two of these ice packs tops before they run out of freezer space, and giving them away is not the same as recycling. What do you do if no one wants them?

Vicki Lindsayasked

Why is there now a delivery charge?

Roblaine
Roblaine

My first answer was deleted. The correct answer is that their system is wrong and their respons is incompetent

Hi Vicki,

The delivery fees were introduced in April as a result of the impact of COVID-19 and the escalating cost of goods and transportation, delivery fees now apply to orders under $89. FREE Delivery still applies for orders above $89 (depending on delivery area)!

Thanks for getting in touch, if you have any further questions feel free to reach out to our team at hungry@youfoodz.com.

Stay Fresh,

Youfoodz Customer Care

Vicki Lindsay

Way to go making money out of a bad situation! Good old Covid gets the blame or is an excuse for everything..you have it in all supermarkets so I think this smacks of pure greed to me. Very disappointed in a service I’ve been happy with for years. Good luck

BCK

BCKasked

Is Youfoodz NDIS approved?

BCK

BCKasked

Is Youfoodz NDIS approved?

Hi there!

We are not currently NDIS Certified, we can, however, provide you with a payable invoice that is split up to align with your NDIS 80/20 split, that can be forwarded to your care plan manager or to yourself to claim reimbursement.

If you have any further questions about this feel free to reach out to our wonderful Customer Service Team at hungry@youfoodz.com.

Stay Fresh,

Youfoodz Customer Care

Emily S.

Emily S.asked

How long do you microwave 2 meals together?

Tanya
Tanya

Depending on the meat, I'd try 4.5 mins to begin with then check for temperature and go from there

Hi Emily,

Great question! Tanya is pretty much on the ball for this one, as we don't really have heating instructions that would accomodate multiple meals being heated at once. But try 4 to 4.5 minutes and see how they go and adjust if they need a little longer. It'll mostly depend on the wattage of your microwave but that should suit well :)

Stay fresh, YF Customer Care

Jessica Butler

Jessica Butlerasked

I would like to know the specific ingredients of the gel cool packs please.

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not just ring and ask them ?

Chase
Chase

I'd like to know what is in the cool packs too.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you so much for the great question! If you haven't had the chance already, feel free to touch base with us over the phone or email us at hungry@youfoodz.com and we can chase this up with our QA team, who have all the specific ingredient information around our products including the cool packs. Talk soon! :)

Stay fresh, YF Customer Care

Tracy

Tracyasked

The calories seem great. Just have concerns about the salt content?

Hey Tracey,

Thanks for the question! We can provide you with a list of meals with lower sodium content, and we can also get our lovely Dietician to get in touch with you to chat further about your daily requirements. If you wanted to send a message to us at hungry@youfoodz.com we can help you out in any way we can!

Ray V.

Ray V.asked

Are Youfoodz dinners enough for 1 or 2 people?

Jenny
Jenny

1 person

Hi Ray,

Jenny has hit the nail on the head! Each of our meals are based on a serving size of 1 meal each, so please flick us a message at hungry@youfoodz.com if you have any questions.

Nic Mac

Nic Macasked

When i enter delivery to Tamworth NSW the delivery address shows as Armidale. Can you please confirm you deliver to Tamworth NSW

You F.Youfoodz

Hi there Nic! We can confirm that we delivery to Tamworth on Wednesdays, so please flick us through a message at hungry@youfoodz.com if you have any questions or concerns about checking out.

Nelly W.
Nelly W.

Hi my tracking for delivery is at 6.27 pm. I’ve been refreshing and it’s been at that time since 6.27. It’s now 7.38 here and I’ve had no delivery

Shirl

Shirlasked

If I freeze the meals can I microwave from frozen or do I need to defrost first

Olivia B.
Olivia B.

I microwave mine from frozen if I forget to defrost them. Haven’t had an issue.

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Shirl! Thank you so much for your message. You can certainly freeze the meals as this prolongs the expiry dates for up to 3 months. You would just need to ensure that you place the meals into the fridge about a day before you are looking to eat them to give the meals time to defrost. Please send us through a message to hungry@youfoodz.com if you have any questions or concerns.

amanda g.

amanda g.asked

For the people who are pregnant and is recommended by the dietition to put more weight on does the food meals do weight gain? Or just weight loss ones

Hey there Amanda!

Thanks for your question! We highly recommend that you seek the advice from your local GP or Doctor, as every body type is different, and accepts varying types of food in different ways. If you have been advised by your GP that Youfoodz is suitable for your needs, we would love to help you out in choosing a variety of meals that you will enjoy! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at hungry@youfoodz.com

Samui4me

Samui4measked

After delivery, can meals be frozen

Taren Charter
Taren Charter

Hi there!

Thanks for your question!

Our meals have an average shelf life of 7-9 days in the fridge. Some of our meals/snacks have a longer shelf life, so just make sure you always check the Use By date on each individual meal.

We do always recommend consuming your meals fresh from the fridge while they hold their highest nutritional qualities. However, we totally understand that life gets busy! So if you have plans for the weekend or are going away, your meals can be frozen before its Use By date. We just don’t recommend freezing fish, salad, wraps or brekkie meals as the quality and flavour profiles may be affected.

LoveaDeal

LoveaDealasked

Can we recycle the Home delivery packaging, ie box and silver lining?

You F.Youfoodz

Sure can LovaDeal! The silver lining and other soft plastics including the gel ice pack plastics can all go to your local grocery soft plastic bins! The ice pack gel is eco friendly and you can pour that one on your garden :) Then the cardboard box into your at home recycle bin!

Emily S.

Emily S.asked

Hello,I want to order from you but I would like to ask if
Chicken and meat is halal or no ,even if it's not certified.thanks

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Emily! Some of our meat suppliers are Halal-certified, some, unfortunately, are not. Since all our meals are produced in one large kitchen we do not have a way of separating the meat at this point, so we cannot label our meals as Halal. BUT, we certainly don’t want you to miss out and we have a delicious range of vegetarian and fish meals that you can try. Some of our faves that suit you are Mexi Beans & Quinoa Brown Rice AND the Thai Fish Curry With Coconut Rice. My personal FAV is the Chickpea & Cashew Nut Curry #SoHearty!

Les Masked

Do youfoodz prepared meals have a minimum weight?

mark

Different meals varies between 262g and 330g in my order. And 285 to 443 Calories.

Thank you mark.

You F.Youfoodz

Spot on Mark! If you also click on our individual meals on the website, the system will let you know how many grams are contained in each meal. Please feel free to flick us a message at hungry@youfoodz.com if you need a hand with anything else Les.

Bradley K.

Bradley K.asked

Can I eat the cold

mark

Yes, You can eat it cold as the meals are fully cooked. I preferred to be microwaved for 2 minutes and taste much better hot. Enjoy delicious meals. The portions could be a little bit bigger.

Toni

Toniasked

Is this Youfoodz NDIS approved?

Crissi

Crissiasked

What about the prices.
About the meals offered.
How meals are prepared.
About the freshness of products.
How do you ensure freshness.
Where do you cater the food from.
The ideal or target customers.

You F.Youfoodz

Hey there Crissi! Thank you so much for your questions.

Our meals are $9.95 each and our snacks range from $2.99 to $4.95. We often have special deals that crop up from week to week.

Our meals are prepared in our main facility in Brisbane and are packaged using a process called 'Modified Atmosphere Packaging.' This is a process similar to vacuum sealing and keeps the food fresh for 7-9 days, including the day of delivery.

Please feel free to message us at hungry@youfoodz.com if you have any further questions.

Madiha

Madihaasked

Are youfoodz halal?
Are you keeping non halal utensils separate.

You F.Youfoodz

Hey there Madiha! Unfortunately, we are not Halal certified at this stage due to all of our meals being prepared in the same kitchen.

This is something that we are looking into as this would be a huge business opportunity. On the flip side, we do have a range of vegetarian meals that you can try by logging on to the website. Please let us know if you have any questions!

-Youfoodz Customer Care

Get an answer from our members and Youfoodz representatives

Other Food Delivery Services