Felix Mobile Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Felix Mobile

21 questions from our users

Henryasked

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Hey Henry!
Thanks for your question. We are powered by the Vodafone 4G/3G network only. I can see that there are plans for improvements in the Blackhead area in the future, so it might be worth checking in on the coverage map in a few months!

thx Britt

Henryasked

Hi,
Live in Blackhead NSW 2430.
Vodafone is absolutley terrible here.
Beleive tower is in Forster abot 20k away.
Are thre any other carriers you use?
Nearby Optus tower delivering up to 120mbs!
Cap of 20mbs would be fine for needs.
Look forward to hearing fom you.
Thanks.

Villow
Villowasked

Hi, so I use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop while I commute. Would I be able to do that with this sim?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Villow! Thanks for reaching out.
You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem or similar, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.
- Maddie from the Care team

yodish92
yodish92asked

would this be suitable for watching streams?, my internet is dead at the moment and i plan to use my phone as a hotspot for my desktop PC for watching streams(in 480p with chat disabled) and browsing sites(mainly social media), this will only be temporary(around 1 week or so) before i go back to using it normaly, how much data usage is considered a breach of policy?

NnBba
NnBba

Yep! I use about 100gb internet every month, all in streaming. Never had a hiccup with Felix.

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey there, thank you so much for taking the time to reach out! The felix plan includes unlimited data up to 20Mbps, which is more than enough for most every day usage such as high definition streaming on the go (Netflix, Stan, etc), social media and cloud storage.
While we don't have a data limit that we're looking out for as such, the fair use policy refers to a handful of scenarios defined as 'unreasonable use' or 'unacceptable use' for a personal mobile service (https://flx.mobi/e/fairuse). As everyone's situation is unique, I'd suggest taking a read to see if felix is right for you :)

- Scotty from the care team

Lynneasked

I use my phone to hot spot my TV for about 5 hours a day
Is Felix suitable for this

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Lynne! Thanks for checking in.
While we've got unlimited data for you to enjoy at speeds up to 20Mbps, using felix for extended TV hotspot time would be a breach of our fair use policy unfortunately! As a personal mobile phone plan, felix has a standard fair use policy with a few guidelines on what our service can and can't be used for. Main thing to note there is felix can't be used in a device that's not a mobile phone and can't be used as a replacement or substitute for home internet.
- Georgia from the Care team

Lynne

Thanks Georgia for your quick answer

Maninder S.
Maninder S.asked

can i do conference with my friends

Natasha
Natasha

Hi Maninder If you mean can you have more than one person on a line at the same time I am not sure that might be a phone "thing" not a felix service. Sorry I can not be more help

Koni
Koni

You would need to zoom the call or use duo

Hey Maninder!
If your phone is able to make group conference calls, then you're all good to do that on felix.

Belindaasked

Hi I have Foxtel - is it possible to tether Foxtel Go from my phone to either my TV or tablet as I don't have home internet? I would love to access On Demand for some series viewing. Also, what constitutes 'not permanently' in terms of your tethering regulations please? Thank you.

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Belinda, thanks for the question!

Our current plan is designed as a mobile plan. Whilst it's possible to use your felix SIM in a phone to hotspot to personal devices from time-to-time, we consider using it as the main source of data internet connection for your TV as a replacement to home internet.

If, however, you're looking for a mobile plan to endlessly scroll TikToks, catch up on the daily news when you're out and about, and watch cat videos on your phone without worrying about a GB cap, then felix is right for you! However, if you're looking to use it to connect your TV, it isn't the best fit.

- Michael from the Care team

Belinda

Thanks Michael. May I get more clarity please - as I'm not a social media user nor movie watcher/regular home internet subscriber, Foxtel provides the docs I find interesting. When a particular doc series shows I'd love to be able to see what has been previously related, considering Foxtel endlessly repeats it's programs. Would this intermittent viewing be classed as violating your policy? I can't grasp the conflict on how data is used. Could there perhaps be a cap on these distinctions? Many thanks for a clarification.

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Belinda, I also love a good doco!

We don't have a GB cap to provide guidance on here, but if you're only hotspotting infrequently then I dare say you'll be fine. If your patterns of use over time ever set off flags in our system that suggests to us you're using the SIM in way that is in breach of our fair use policy, we'll always get in touch beforehand. - Michael

HannahSp
HannahSpasked

I dont have WIFI at my house and often hotspot my current mobile plan to my TV for streaming. Am I able to do this with a Felix sim? :)

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hi there! Thanks for your question. You can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices when needed (i.e., not permanently). Note that felix isn't designed as a replacement for home internet, and can only be used in a mobile phone. Happy streaming :)

- Maddie from the Care team

Bailey R.
Bailey R.asked

Y can I not pay a phone bill????

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Bailey. Your subscription with felix auto renews on the same day every month, so no need to make any manual payments. If you wanted us to double check your account, jump into the felix mobile app, send us a message, and we can check for you there (we usually respond to all questions within 40 seconds during business hours).

Ed B.
Ed B.asked

Can I use the sim as a data sim in an iPad or is it purely for use in a phone?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hiya Ed! felix is designed for use in a mobile phone, so unfortunately can't be used in an iPad. No sweat though, you can absolutely hotspot to your iPad for personal use when needed!

Faisal A.
Faisal A.asked

What is the max data can you use, would 200 gigbytes would be fair?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey there Faisal! You can scroll away on your mobile to your heart's content, no GB limit whatsoever! If that means 200GB for you in a month, go for it!
Our fair use policy refers to a handful of scenarios defined as 'unreasonable use' (section 6) or 'unacceptable use' (section 7) for a personal mobile service (here's the link: https://flx.mobi/e/fairuse).
As everyone's situation is unique, I suggest taking a look through and letting us know if you have any questions there.
- Emalie from the Care team

Meet
Meetasked

Does Felix Sim provide three way call which is indeed said a conference call ?

pimmento
pimmento

Would be your phone that has that ability. Best call Felix with that query. With unlimited data you could use platforms like Zoom for conference calls.

Michael

If you join you can use the promo code to get 5 dollars off your first recharge [Code Removed]

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Meet, you bet it does! The $35 felix subscription covers unlimited calls (which includes three way calls), SMS/MMS and data at speeds up to 20Mbps for use in Australia!

- Jenny from the Care team

SRL C.asked

Hi,
I only use my mobile. When I do, I surf the web, I might stream a few episodes via Netflix or Stan. I will also watch various videos via YouTube. I'll check email, weather, a little mobile banking.

Would Felix 20 Mbps be enough to do the above and would it be within your fair use policy guidelines?

Thank you.

Michael

Yes you can do that no problem and you never need to worry about running out of data it is unlimited at that speed is sufficient for streaming HD content if you sign up you can get a five dollar credit towards your first recharge by entering this promo code [Code Removed]

Hey there!
With 20Mbps, you can easily make and receive HD video calls, stream HD TV shows and movies, use cloud storage and of course, do normal day to day things like checking your social media and emails.
All of this is well within our fair use policy as well :)
- Ronny from the Care team

bradster2187asked

with this plan can i hotspot my laptop for gaming use or watching movies?
and once i pass a certain data amount used does the speed get lowered?

Michael

I am not a gamer but I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to use it on your personal computer and iPad or phone it’s is unlimited data

bradster2187

if it is then ill probably order one tonight
but just gota be certain

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey there, thanks for reaching out to the felix team!

In regards to your first question, felix is designed for use in a mobile phone, but you can absolutely hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop for gaming or streaming occasionally. Under the guidelines of our fair use policy however, felix can't be used as a replacement for home internet, or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.

We don't do any data shaping at all - speeds up to 20Mbps for your whole month!

Feel free to chat in through our app, website or social media at any time if you have any other questions

- Nik from the Care team

Jetasked

Hi, I am using my own mobile number now. Can I “de-port” my number and keep the plan at the same time in future?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Jet! We'll be happy to help you with that if you ever need to. Message us over Live chat from the felix app and one of our team will sort things out with you.

- Georgia from the Care team

Eddie2012
Eddie2012asked

I'm thinking about getting the sim, do I have to port my mobile number at the set up time or can you do it at a later date?

Carlos
Carlos

You can do it at a later date or when you receive your SIM card

Hey Eddie!

You can definitely activate with a new number and port at a later date. It's a little bit complex, but we can guide you over chat!
We do have a 7 day happiness guarantee though, so if you're just wanting to do the above to see if felix is right for you, then you might prefer to port in first up so you can test out felix with your regular use service!

- Jake from the Care Team

Jetasked

A couple of the reviews states that Felix plan has post paid SIM. Is there as I don’t recall seeing any such option?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

You're spot on, felix is a prepaid subscription. It works similarly to a Netflix subscription, it rolls over every month unless you pause or cancel (which are both free to do!)

- Michael from the Care team

Q Q.
Q Q.asked

After i do subscription payment on the app. What else am i gonna to sign up the sim or just use that when i receive it.. Thanks

Jet

You need to go to the App and activate your SIM card. There are step by step instructions that you can follow. Your subscription period commences once you have activated the card. To receive a $5 off your bill, use referral code GS00009.

christianpapel2016
christianpapel2016asked

Can I recharge using a voucher? I usually buy recharge voucher from coles when expiry date is nearing since I’m a cash guy. And also am I able to buy the sim from like coles or Woolworths?

felix mobileFelix Mobile

Hey Christian! At the moment you can only manage your subscription payments through your app (which takes most Aussie debit/credit cards).

We do let you know right before your next renewal will be via text message, and you can pause or cancel your subscription at any time (no extra cost!) if you want to halt a payment coming out.

Ping us back here if you have any other Qs.

Lionasked

Does it work if I buy 4g modem? Thanks

Hey Lion,

felix is designed for use in a mobile phone. You can absolutely hotspot to your other personal devices when needed, but felix can't be used in a modem/portable wifi dongle or as a replacement for home internet. If you jump over to our website, you can read up more there, and start a chat with myself or someone from the team if you have any other questions.

Jet

I tried slot the SIM card into a modem. It didn’t work so just set my iPhone as the hotspot. Use the referral code GS00009 when signing up to get $5 off from the bill.

Lion

Thanks for your reply. Will order it asap. :)

Get an answer from our members and Felix Mobile representatives