Felix Mobile Questions & Answers

Verifiedfelixmobile.com.au
HonestGuy
HonestGuy

Hi: Under what circumstances do you start rate shaping for the "unlimited mobile data" plan?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! So our $40 Unlimited Data plan has a constant speed cap of 20Mbps, so there's no further throttling on your plan after a certain amount of usage. We will always do our very best to give you as close to 20Mbps as possible, but this depends on a range of factors such as your area's coverage or possible congestion in your area.

If you have any other questions, feel free to chat in with us through our website or the felix app, or DM us via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp - we're online every day!

John N.

Before considering Felix I need to clarify that 1. I can hotspot the internet to my laptop 2. To my iPad 3. To my wife’s iPad and 3. To my Foxtel box

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey John - You're good to hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop or iPad when needed, but felix can't be used as a home internet replacement or as a hotspot for other people’s devices. This means you can't hotspot to your wife's iPad or your Foxtel I'm afraid.
If you have any other questions about this, chat to the team via the felix app or website and we'd be happy to help.

John N.

OK thanks. A pity about that.

John N.

How do you know though that I'm entering the hotspot password into my wife's ipad or Foxtel. I currently have a mobile sim that connects to everything. How is yours different?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey John, we have multiple ways of detecting use that isn't in line with our fair use policy. If we can see that the SIM is being used in a non-mobile device or if the SIM is being used to hotspot to multiple devices we may warn you about using the SIM in a way that isn't the intended use of the SIM. As long as the SIM isn't being used as a home internet replacement there won't be any issues there, so you can still hotspot to your personal devices when needed :)

John N.

I use up to 100gb a month on browsing the news, watching Netflix once a week, and visiting 2 or 3 websites a day. Is that excessive?

Felix Mobile   DM

Provided you are using your service as per the fair use policy and terms of service, then personal mobile phone usage for browsing and netflix is totally fine. If there was ever a concern, we'd reach out to you before any action was taken on your account.

John N.

Jake, you told me earlier that, I couldn’t hotspot to Foxtel but now you say I can to Netflix which is, of course, an app on Foxtel. Plus what does “Home Internet” mean. I very much dissuaded at this time to switch to a provider that offers “Unlimited Data” then, limits its usage. “Best the devil you know” comes readily to mind.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi John, Netflix is not an app on Foxtel, it is a digital streaming service available through mobile apps and on other devices such as laptops and TVs. You cannot however, use your felix service to provide internet to your home devices such as a TV. If you are wanting to watch Foxtel online and require an internet connection to do so on your home TV, then a home broadband or NBN service is required.

John N.

No you don’t. I have a sim only plan at the moment and hotspot to my foxtel box where believe it or not, Foxtel have an app named Netflix. My wife also has data available on her phone plan from a different provider and “Hey Presto” I’m currently watching Foxtel hotspotted from her phone. Tasmania must be ahead of that other island to the north then?? Thanks for your help but I’ll stick to what I’ve got.

Tamina B.

on your unlimited mobile data plan is it possible to hotspot devices such as computers to stream apps like netflix?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Tamina. Yep! You're good to hotspot to your personal devices, such as your laptop when needed. Just note that felix can't be used as a home internet replacement or as a hotspot for other people’s devices.
- Maddie, felix Care team

Tamina B.

How come you can’t hotspot other peoples devices?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Tamina! As felix is a personal mobile phone plan only, you aren't able to use your felix data to provide an internet connection for other people's devices.

Aras
Aras

hi, why does my Felix app getting back and I don’t know why I have updated my phone and my app and I have do everything and nothing

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Aras, I'm really sorry to hear you've been having some issues there with your felix app. Feel free to hop into chat with us and we'd love to try and get this sorted for you. We're online from 8am-8pm on weekdays and from 9am-6pm on weekends/holidays (Sydney time)!
- Devyani, felix Care team

Jack H.
Jack H.

What network so you operate on?

Brian
Brian

4G

Victoria
Victoria

Vodafone's 4G/3G network

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Jack, felix is powered by the Vodafone 4G/3G network. You can check out the coverage in your area via our map here: external link

Ross
Ross

Is 20gb speed enough

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey, Ross! 20Mbps is great for pretty much anything you use your phone for daily. You'll be able to make HD video calls, check emails, scroll socials and even watch HD movies and TV shows. You can check out more on the capabilities of 20Mbps here: external link
- Maddie, felix Care team

Yves Saint

Hi guys, in the event of my current iPhone breaking (touch wood), I wouldn’t have any internet or access to wifi… is there a way to move my esim to a spare iPhone I have with me?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Adena, if you lose your phone or if it breaks, no need to worry as you can order a replacement eSIM or physical SIM through the felix app at any time: external link

If you have any other questions, please feel free to chat back in with us through our website or app - we're online every day!

emanuel l.

Do I have a to buy a golden to connect my landline

Do I have to buy a
Molden to connect with my landline

emanuel l.

What do I have to do to connect my landline

Yves Saint

Hi Emanuel, I may be able to help, is your landline with Telstra?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Emanuel, felix is a mobile phone plan only. At this stage, we don't offer landline phone numbers, but I've passed your interest there onto our team.

Heather
Heather

Would Felix data speed work sufficiently for Google maps whilst travelling in the UK?

K V.
K V.

Even those Felix is part of Vodafone and in turn part of TPG, is customer service better than the poor customer service at Vodafone and TPG? Thanks

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey there! While felix is part of TPG Telecom along with other well known brands, we have our own local customer care team! Check out what others say about us right here on Product Review - we don't think you'll be disappointed.
We're online and ready to help every day of the year, from 8am-8pm weekdays, and 9am-6pm weekends and public holidays, Sydney time.

Jay
Jay

Will be purchasing a international roaming pack do I need to notify u guys when I'm going overseas

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Jay, not at all! Once you have your pack purchased and are ready to hit the skies, just make sure you have roaming enabled on your device.

Each device is a little different, but have a squiz under your data or network settings to find this. Then once you're overseas in one of our roaming countries, you should connect to the network straight away. Any issues though, feel free to reach out to the team via live chat within the app and we'd be more than happy to help.

Marina D.
Marina D.

How to connect to international roaming and costs

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Marina! When you add International Roaming to your felix subscription, it automatically kicks in as soon as you're out of Aus. You can add it on for $20 per pack, and each one comes with 100 min of standard calls, 100 SMS and 4GB of data, all for use within over 40 countries worldwide.

You can check out more info here: external link

LEON F.
LEON F.

Can I hotspot to watch Netflix using firestick from time to time.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Leon, that'll depend on your Fire Stick's requirements. When casting, the devices you're sharing content from/to need to be on the same WiFi network, but a hotspot from the same phone usually won't work.

It's handy to keep in mind though, that felix is a mobile phone plan only. While it's absolutely okay to hotspot to personal devices such as a laptop or tablet as needed, you can't use felix to power certain devices in your home such as TVs or gaming consoles. Feel free to check out more info here: external link
- Michael

Jason K.
Jason K.

Hi, what if after a month somehow I do not like the Felix services, can u change back to Optus again?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Jason, we don't have any lock in contracts here at felix, so you can cancel your subscription at any time :)

Julian B.
Julian B.

How do I start a new account for my child?

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Julian! You can sign up to felix at any time via the app or our website :) If you need a hand, or have any other Qs, feel free to chat with us. We're online and ready to help every day!

Dolly W.
Dolly W.

VERY FAST AND SMOOTH SPEED. BETTER THAN MY PRESENT NBN.

I just signed the felix and start to use two months ago. The speed is very fast and smooth. It is really much better than my present NBN. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Felix

Recommended to all

IF HAVE SOMEONE INTERESTING TO SIGN UP AND ACTIVATE WE BOTH GET BONUS $35 IF YOU USE REFERRAL CODE "HW00203"

Tracey P.
Tracey P.

I cannot access the ap. It tells me we are having technical difficulties and try again later. I have been having this issue for months.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi Tracey, really sorry to hear you've had a poor experience using the felix app. We'd love a chance to troubleshoot any issues you may be having, and see if we can help improve your experience. You can chat in with us on our website (felixmobile.com.au), or DM us via Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp, if your app is experiencing issues at the moment. We're online every day so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible!
- Izzy, felix Care Team

Tamarra A.

We want to use Felix purely for our son who needs to have his iPad everywhere ( he has asd) how is tethering monitored? Do we register through the app and I also wanted ( while in car) to tether to my other son's tablet

Xtina
Xtina

Hotspot is allowed for one device as per their guideline on the website

Tamarra A.

But do we register it or is the information stored

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Tamarra, you can hotspot to your personal devices when needed. For your use case this will be fine just as long as the SIM is being used in a mobile phone, and you are hotspotting from there to your other devices.

You can sign up through the felix app or our website (felixmobile.com.au/app). If you're keen you can use the code FELIX50 to grab your first 3 months at 50% off :)

If you have any other questions you can chat in with the team through our website or app - We're online every day!
- Michael, team felix

Chris T.
Chris T.

What is the phone number for customer service please.

sick of scammers
sick of scammers

Felix can only be accessed with the mobile app.
It can be annoying but I haven't had any problems with Felix since I joined (over a year ago).
The good thing is that there is no contract so you're not locked in.

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Chris! We're a digital care team here at felix, so we don't actually have a phone line that you can call. You can chat to us at any time via the app, our website, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. We're online and ready to help every day!
- Corey, felix Care team

Colleen W.
Colleen W.

I'm having trouble re activating my phone.
It saids try again later
I've been trying for days

Felix Mobile   DM

Hi Colleen, I'm so sorry to hear this! If you're able to chat in with us through our website or app we can then pull up your felix account and take a closer look, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Grace J.
Grace J.

I still haven't got my text with the code to be able to port my number from old carrier

Felix Mobile   DM

Hey Grace, I'm so sorry to hear that! If you chat in with us through our website or app we can look into this further. We're online every day so hopefully we can get to the bottom of this as soon as possible!

Get an answer from our members and Felix Mobile representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Felix Mobile is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022.